Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 10:48 AM   #16  
Jacksonville, FL

Someday I will write our story....we had looked into adoption when our bio kids were 11, 9, and 6 but doors were closed....our son who later started Asia's Hope, told us they were adopting from Vietnam in 1997 and as I looked up on the internet I was astounded by the number of "older" parents in their 40's and even early 60's who were adopting. God placed in my heart the desire to adopt but it took my hubby a bit longer. We adopted her when she was 4.5 and we were 57 then 58 when we actually got her.... We traveled to China for the biggest change in our life! She is a strong child and very motivated and intense, but keeps us on our toes!
Old 08-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #17  

Happy Friday, everyone! That stubborn pound was still showing up on the scale this morning, GRRRRRR. I so really want to get out of the 170s.

Kind of overcast and gloomy here in southeastern PA today, and becoming more humid. Looking forward to my baby granddaughter's christening on Sunday. Other than that, an uneventful weekend ... thank you all for the opportunity to begin to get to know you and for the support I have already felt. Have a great weekend! I'm off on Monday.
Old 08-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #18  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

Looking kind of overcast out today. DH said it is supposed to rain today and tomorrow. Probably a good thing ~ the plants and grass needs it.

He is out running errands. Maddie and I are hanging out here. She is building with the legos. She is kind of like the “don't talk to me until I've had my coffee” people. So, I just stayed quiet until she wanted my attentions.

Cherry ~ how old is your little granddaughter? Do you have other grandchildren as well? Glad you have Monday off ~ you have shared that your job has been stressful, so you enjoy that extra day off.

Deelou ~ that is neat, your adoption story. Our two daughters are adopted (from Korea). Our oldest DS Jason is our biological child. Then we adopted DD Sara and DD Jennifer. Sara was 5 months old when she joined us and Jennifer was 3 ½ years old. Jason was 4 years old when Sara came along.

Cajun ~ if it rains on the weekend, does that mean that you don't get to go to your camp? I had to smile at your worry about wearing high heels at your son's wedding and falling on your face. You should see the picture of me coming down the aisle at my daughter's wedding. My shoes had only a very low heal, but we had to walk down a board walk like thing, and it had sprinkled before the start of the ceremony. I was so scared I'd slip and fall. I looked petrified in those pictures. I should have worn the shoes I changed into for the reception ~ they still would have looked ok ~ they were much more comfortable though.

Carol Sue ~ thank you for the “good thoughts” about my son and his job. No news yet. I'm still praying and keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Rosey ~ your day yesterday sounded wonderful ~ glad you had such a nice day. Glad that your husband had a good report from his tests.

Mary ~ cool all the stuff you've won with your sweepstakes adventures. I too need to try to not be on the computer as much and get to moving around more.

Bobbi ~ hope your foot is feeling better and that your DH is behaving better.

Lucinda ~ how are your wounds doing. Hope they are healing up and that you aren't hurting too badly.

Karen MO ~ how are you doing? Does Tim have to go to Kansas City again? How are you guys doing? Prayers continue.

Donna/Jess and K3 ~ where are you guys? ~ missing you. Hope you're both doing ok.

Hello Tam Tam, Nibbs and TN Donna.

Last edited by glynne; 08-01-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #19  

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning, GGs! It rained some in the night, thundering quite loudly (for the NW as we almost never hear thunder). Today it feels so nice and cool. Apparently it didn't rain very much though as dh is watering the lawn right now.
We planned on going to the gym but our son is coming over this morning and we woke up kinda late so dh doesn't want to go now. He said maybe we'll go later but we rarely go if we don't go first thing.

My weight remains stable at 170. At least that one high weight not has hung around. Right now I am just hoping to not gain any more.

Glynne - I hope some rest eased your pain. Have you tried lying on your back and bringing that leg across your body and applying some pressure with your hand? It will be uncomfortable at first but doing that has kept my sciatica at bay.

Deelou - You should write your story! Adopting a child is a wonderful thing. I considered taking in foster children when ours were almost all raised but dh wasn't so keen on the idea, and now I don't feel I could handle it plus we wanted to be free to do our own thing..selfish I guess, but we raised four and it finally seemed enough. I checked our the Asia's Hope website...sounds really good.

Yesterday I got all the weekly regular house cleaning done. Today I will try to clean out the car and the laundry room and other cleanout and organize stuff.

Last edited by maryea; 08-01-2014 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #20  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Hello Ladies! It is a HOT day here today. We had a "cool" front for the past couple of days, which means dryer air, and not so hot. Got my Walk at Home video in, will give it a try tomorrow morning after hubby leaves for work, I am DETERMINED to do it, it may take awhile to get past the warm up, but I will give it my best. My eating is ok, but last night we had chinese. On Friday's we go and have seafood gumbo, so I am looking forward to that!! Hope you all have a blessed afternoon.
Old 08-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #21  
I am more than weight.

Default Walk at Home

I just received my dvd of Leslie Sansone "Walk at Home" the beginner's version. I tried doing it through youtube the other day and the warm up almost did me in! Tomorrow morning after hubby leaves for work and before I come to work I will plug it into the laptop and see if I can make it through the warm up. I would LOVE to watch it on my big 52" flat screen tv: BUT: we have to use 3 remotes to watch a dvd-seriouly! There is one remote for the tv, one for the cable box and one for the dvd player!! The last time we watched a movie it took us 2 hours to figure out how to get back to tv mode! So, laptop it is.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy all....I've been here, but posted so much on day1 figured I'd just hang out. Made a dumb mistake today. Stopped at MickyD and got 2 ice coffees with Splenda. Okay did you know they are about 30oz glasses. We both drink them all down and the caffeine acted like a diuretic. I ran over little old ladies....Funny but my face was puffy this am because of allergies and it's not now.

Lucinda...ouch on the blisters. Been there and done the same thing.

TNDonna...welcome back. How is your son doing?

Cherry....OMG lunch sounded so good

Mary...Has the new med helped your BS? Never heard of swai.

Rosey...I love the Scarpetta mysteries.

Cajun.... 7 kids. OMG I'd kill myself. 1-2 maybe for 20 minutes.....ohhh boy you are a saint.

Gayle...I snorted the last of the coffee on the Maddie description. God I adore that child.

Tam...Please send some of that "cool" down here. pant pant...Oh and between the Chinese and Gumbo think salt salt salt water water water

Donna...Think I should make up a list of books I have on the kindle for you to browse.....we'll have to try when you are ready.

Karen...You are quiet today. Hugs to you and Tim.

Bobbi...another 1000 hugs lov

Know I missed some but hugs to you all, too....k3
Old 08-01-2014, 06:16 PM   #23  
Want to feel better

K3 ~ and I just about snorted my iced tea at your comment. I might have to let you take a turn "enjoying" her. She'd give you a run for your money. Maybe you'd be the one who could tame her ways.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:22 PM   #24  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post

Tam...Please send some of that "cool" down here. pant pant...Oh and between the Chinese and Gumbo think salt salt salt water water water

Know I missed some but hugs to you all, too....k3
Yea, "cool" meant 75 at 4 am and not 80! Yea Chinese does have a lot of salt, the gumbo is not that bad-we Cajuns LOVE our gumbo. That's why even though I am on a fluid pill, I drink LOTS of water. We went walking this morning, hot and humid, no more "cool" front!
Old 08-01-2014, 11:21 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

They admitted Tim into the hospital. He has another blood infection. They will be giving him heavy duty IV antibiotics and hydrating him over the weekend. Then on Monday if the infection is gone they want to do the ERCP Scope and see if the stint has collapsed or if the cancer has grown over it to partially close the opening. He isn't happy about being admitted but finally agreed. His white blood count was out of sight and salts in the blood.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #26  
Want to feel better

So sorry Karen ~ for this latest go round for you both. Prayers continue
Old 08-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Karen...Do you have anyone to stay with you while you wait?
Old 08-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #28  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
They admitted Tim into the hospital. He has another blood infection. They will be giving him heavy duty IV antibiotics and hydrating him over the weekend. Then on Monday if the infection is gone they want to do the ERCP Scope and see if the stint has collapsed or if the cancer has grown over it to partially close the opening. He isn't happy about being admitted but finally agreed. His white blood count was out of sight and salts in the blood.
Prayers for you ad Tim.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:09 PM   #29  

Good morning ggs! My weight fell a little bit today, tomorrow is my"weigh-in" day and I am hoping it will still reflect this little drop. I still eat too much in the evenings but am doing much better. I also worked pretty hard yesterday so maybe that is why it dropped again. I did a lot of decluttering and organizing in our spare bedroom. We gave away a huge bag of stuff. Still more to do in there and am working on our bathrooms too. Can't believe some of the junk we keep and things we buy and don't use. Today I plan to buy some new sheets for the spare bedroom. In going through the sheets I realized I really need some new ones. Since we seldom have anyone in that room except the local gc now and then I haven't bothered.

Karen31 - How is Tim doing? Has he had any relief from the pain?

TamTam - I didn't realize you are from LA too! So you and Cajun.

Karen3 - Yes the new med has definitely helped my bs. Not completely but most of the time. I think my evening eating is still part of the problem, but at least my body is not under the stress of high bs all the time now.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. I know it's another rough one for you Karen3 and will be praying for you and Tim.
Old 08-02-2014, 03:14 PM   #30  
I am more than weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Good morning ggs!

TamTam - I didn't realize you are from LA too! So you and Cajun.
Yep me and Cajun are Cajuns from Louisiana. Not sure what part Cajun is from. I keep forgetting to ask her.

Last edited by TamTam; 08-02-2014 at 03:14 PM.
Closed Thread