Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 03:28 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Carol sue. Yes the antibiotics did help. Much better!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:20 AM   #182  
Jacksonville, FL

I've been stuck on this plateau for several weeks now I really am ready for the fall and good weather....heat index has been over 100 for a week.....don't know how people in South Florida stand even more of this insufferable heat....
Old 08-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #183  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelou View Post
I've been stuck on this plateau for several weeks now I really am ready for the fall and good weather....heat index has been over 100 for a week.....don't know how people in South Florida stand even more of this insufferable heat....
From someone in south Louisiana, I can so relate!!!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I also can't handle the humidity! I think it has something to do with our age. Even the weather man warns against older people going out it the heat. I could take 75 degrees and breezy all year round.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Louisiana too. It's soupy. Ready for fall. Hope those blasted hurricanes stay out to sea and hurt no one.

Dee don't give up. Change a few thing up in your diet and exercise plan and it will let go.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-21-2014, 11:43 AM   #186  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Going for stress test this afternoon. I am anticipating some serious knee pain on the treadmill. Dr. offered a nuclear one, but I had that once & hated it. I would rather deal with the pain.

My DD & SIL are coming over for dinner tonight. Meatloaf & mashed potatoes. Plans are for us to watch some episodes of House of Cards.

Have a great day!

Lynn

Quote:
Well after almost 17 pounds lost I FINALLY bought a size 12 pair of pants!! Tired of looking square in petite 14! I vow to NEVER go back and look forward to when I no longer fit any of the 14's I have!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Lynn, it's good to hear from you. I hope your knee surgery goes well. Once you are finished with that and you are healed you will feel so much better and will get rid of that weight you gained.
One of my problems has been a serious reduction in my daily exercise routine. I am hoping that after the surgery, I will be able to get back to more rigorous exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Lynn – so good to hear from you! Are you having a TKR? And just one done? Do you have someone to be with you the first week or so? Good thoughts, good thoughts!!!
Yes, a full knee replacement. Just 1 – doctor thinks the other one might get better after I replace the worst one. My DD & SIL will stay with me for a while. They want me to come to FL to recuperate at their house. Not sure I want to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
Lynn. I'm not going to sit here and tell you 10 lbs is not bad because I put back 30 over the winter last year. It's depressing. It's hard. A lifetime fight. I'm guessing just having a hurt knee is depressing enough. Get yourself better and then maybe you'll be able to make some changes. Don't give up. You can do it!!!!!!! Please don't stay away. We can help you through this.
Thank you. You are totally right. I stay away when I need you all the most.

Quote:
My DD keeps telling me that FL has the same temperature as NJ. Somehow, to me, it always feels hotter in FL.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #187  
Jacksonville, FL

Your daughter has heat stroke! I live here after 64 years"up north"!
!"My DD keeps telling me that FL has the same temperature as NJ. Somehow, to me, it always feels hotter in FL." This is said in jest!!
Old 08-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi you all....Just have to join in the Florida weather. It's Hot and Humid. When we moved down here from the Eastern Shore of Md, we were concerned that it would be uncomfortable. So we spent a week here and compared to the tidewater area it was actually more comfortable. The difference is we have much longer Summers and then a short Fall and right back into Summer. Plus growing season is wacky. When did you plant tomatoes in Oct?

But some things don't change. Every August 19 on DH's grandmother's birthday up in the Pocono mountains the barn swallows and swifts would mass up and fly South. Tuesday morning I showed DH that the lines outside were filled with swallows and poof they all left. Thousands of them. Wonder were they go. For 70 yrs I thought this was their South.

News release this week by an Italian Univ that there is now a new stress syndrome called "Retired Husband Syndrome". DUH???? I am is missing some thing....this is new?

Lynn....Good luck with your TKR. PT and more PT. Ice and more ice.

Dee....12! good job. My friend when she hits a plateau has a couple of pieces of really dark chocolate. Patty say it makes her body think it's not on a diet. Now Cajun, this is not in your plan....yet!

Donna...how did you put off watching Outlander until Tuesday?

Bobbi...Are you ready for a peddi? I see shocking pink polish in your future.

Karen...I laughed all evening remember this voice saying Karen this Karen!!!!!!

Tam...are you still walking in the dark?

Where are the other chicks? Mary is busy ...but the rest??? hugs to all k3

Last edited by Karen3; 08-21-2014 at 05:14 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:25 PM   #189  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post

Tam...are you still walking in the dark?

k3
Yes, every morning at approx. 4:22 am!!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Never too old to learn...I googled barn swallows migration. Every barn swallow in USA and Canada migrates to South America. Boy that's some trip. k3
Old 08-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #191  

I'm here beautiful sunny day this after noon but this am it was foggy and cold. we started the wood stove. feels cozy. I don't envy you that have hot humid weather I hate it,my favorite weather is what I call sweat shirt weather been working in the craft room,reading and gorking. and really " retired husband syndrome" hah they can put a name to anything but I know what it is hoping u all have a peaceful day rosey
Old 08-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #192  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Tuesday ~ It has been a nice day. Maddie has been really pleasant so it has been especially enjoyable.

DD Sara had a break in her day and stopped by ~ I fixed us lunch ~ salads and some fish. I call her my fish buddy. DH doesn't like fish so Sara is my fish eating partner. Got to visit with her a little bit ~ that was nice.

Thursday ~ I started this on Tuesday ~ and as you can see, I didn't get any further.

On Wednesday, we went ~ one last fling sort of ~ to Galveston to the ocean/beach. That was fun ~ but a long day. Tired when we got home.

Tired today again. Doing, doing, doing all the time. DH keeps us running all the time it seems. I will be glad when school starts and the running stops or at least maybe slows down. Monday

Had a turkey in the freezer that needed to be used, so stuffed and cooked that today. Invited Sara for supper. That was fun ~ nice to get a chance to visit with her.

K3 ~ You've been asking for a Maddie story, so here's one for you. I told her I was cooking a turkey today. She didn't pay much attention to that or see me working on it. I told her I was done after I got it in the oven. She informed me that she doesn't like to eat animals. When you could start to smell it cooking, she complained of the smell. She came in the kitchen with a clothes pin on her nose and said to me ~ “thanks a lot Grandma”. Later on when we were playing with the Legos, she was talking, her voice sounded like she was starting to have a cold ~ like her nose was stuffed up. I asked her if she was feeling like she was having a cold ~ she said no, she was talking that way so she didn't have to breathe through her nose and smell that stinky turkey. What a kid ~ you never know what is coming next. LOL

So, I have been here and read and think about you all and pray for you, but because of all the running, I run our of time or am often too tired to post anything. Takes me a few days before I can catch my breath and catch up.

I will be so glad by afternoon tomorrow. DH is going to Boston and meeting up with his brother. They are going to Maine to Bar Harbor to visit their cousin Linda. On the way there ~ they are gonna stop by the town we used to live in and drive by the house we used to live in. They also might get a chance for a quick visit with the neighbors we had while we were there. The next day, they will head back down to the Portland area to see their aunt (their father's sister). Then the next day, back to Boston to bury their father's ashes where their mother is buried. Didn't mean for this to get so long ~ all of that to get to ~ that I have to take DH to the airport which is on the south side of Houston. I am scared of that drive (busy interstate/freeways). I had asked Sara if she would take her dad, but felt bad about that, because he needs to leave at 6 am and she is not a morning person. So, on our way to Galveston the other day, he coached me on which lane I needed to be in and seems to think I can do this. He will drive there, I just have to get myself back home. I told Sara I would do it. But that when he returns ~ if I chicken out ~ could she help me ~ she said she could. He would be returning early evening, so it wouldn't be so hard for her. Say some prayers for me tomorrow.

Hope you all have had a good day. Ooops that this got so long.

Last edited by glynne; 08-21-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:27 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Gayle, the only fish DH will eat is fried cod. I like grilled fish, so on the nights that I make fish I grill a steak for DH. Rest of the meal is the same. It works for us!

My grandson has a very sensitive nose. One day he came in when I was cooking pork and sauerkraut and he said "It stinks in here." I had to agree with him, but I love the smell of turkey roasting.

Karen3, here I believed the old song about the swallows coming back to Capistrano. Hmmmp. Can't trust anybody!

Lynn, I have also had a serious drop in my amount of exercise and I don't have any excuse at all except procrastination. I know that I feel so much better when I'm exercising regularly, but getting off the recliner to do it is the hardest part.

I hope your stress test goes well. I have been having the nuclear ones for years and they don't bother me, but DH had one and he says "Never again!" The last time I did one on a treadmill they were holding me up on both sides by the time it was over. My knee allows me to walk, but not at the speed and incline that they require. I don't think I'm ready for surgery.

Tam Tam, I wish I could follow your lead with the walking. I recently bought a Fitbit and I'm embarassed to have anyone know what my total steps are for the day. It was a real eye-opener.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:12 AM   #194  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Thank God ~ I made it home ok from the airport. Thank you anyone who said prayers.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:59 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Dinner with DD & SIL was nice. We are watching the American “House of Cards” with Kevin Spacey. I just got a Roku so I can get Netflix streamed on my tv. I just pay the monthly fee for Netflix streaming & can watch whatever I want. If I watch it on On Demand, I must pay $2.99/episode.

I LOVE my Roku!

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn....Good luck with your TKR. PT and more PT. Ice and more ice.
I have been doing pre-op exercises (including stretching with ice on knee) from the day of my surgeon’s appt. I DEFINITELY will take your advice. Have not yet selected the post-op PT. The hospital will send someone to me at home for a few days. Then, I will have to go out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
K3 ~ You've been asking for a Maddie story, so here's one for you. I told her I was cooking a turkey today. She didn't pay much attention to that or see me working on it. I told her I was done after I got it in the oven. She informed me that she doesn't like to eat animals. When you could start to smell it cooking, she complained of the smell. She came in the kitchen with a clothes pin on her nose and said to me ~ “thanks a lot Grandma”. Later on when we were playing with the Legos, she was talking, her voice sounded like she was starting to have a cold ~ like her nose was stuffed up. I asked her if she was feeling like she was having a cold ~ she said no, she was talking that way so she didn't have to breathe through her nose and smell that stinky turkey. What a kid ~ you never know what is coming next. LOL
Love the Maddie story. She is kind of young for the vegetarian thing – in my family, happened more around teen-age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Lynn, I have also had a serious drop in my amount of exercise and I don't have any excuse at all except procrastination. I know that I feel so much better when I'm exercising regularly, but getting off the recliner to do it is the hardest part.

I hope your stress test goes well. I have been having the nuclear ones for years and they don't bother me, but DH had one and he says "Never again!" The last time I did one on a treadmill they were holding me up on both sides by the time it was over. My knee allows me to walk, but not at the speed and incline that they require. I don't think I'm ready for surgery.
Exercise for me is crucial. I have a VERY slow metabolism (either because of years of yo-yo’ing, or all my meds). If I eat more than 1,000 cals/day, even with 1+ hours of exercise, I gain weight.

I didn’t have any problem with the stress test. Worst part was when the tech was pushing the device into my ribs. I had the nuclear one once & hated it.
Closed Thread