Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 11:37 PM   #106  

Hi everyone another quiet day here. I choose to stay home from church this am,my arthritis kept me awake last nite.couldnt get comfy. spent the day cleaning the kitchen,made steve a nice dinner,and then when dinner time came he wasn't hungry and went to take a nap. not sure if it was appropriate or not but it sure irritated me. did I over react or would you be irritated ? after all I cooked what he asked me too. suppose its petty and am sure he will eat it later thanks for all the personals,i love reading what everyones doing. by the way Donna rosey takes care of rosey lol thanks for asking ttfn rosey
Old 08-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #107  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Rosey ~ Maybe this sounds silly, but maybe it is the full of the moon affecting Mr. CP. My sister says she always had the worst fights with her ex-husband around the full of the moon.

My DH had been irritating too. I told my sister that I took the title of that book ~ Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus and changed it to ~ Women are from Venus and Men are Irritating ~ LOL.

Just a couple little responses he made that ~ the tone or the choice of words set me off. He probably meant nothing by them, but it bothered me. Maybe I think about stuff too much. Oh well.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:00 AM   #108  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning girls, thanks for the personals and taking the time, nice to read how everyone is doing.
I get a pit in my stomach on week-ends if Tiffany (DD) calls. I dread the phone call is about our 22 yr. old grandson, Damian. No calls this week-end, means he didn't kill anyone driving drunk or kill someone in a bar fight.
We had our 1st "Intervention" meeting last friday with everyone important in Dami's life. (Dami was not present at this meeting, he doesn't know about it yet) We all took turns telling the guy about Dami. Then he gave each of us a packet to read and instructions to write a 1-2 page letter to Damian about how his drinking has affected our lives. Next week we will read all the letters out loud to the counselor and talk about it, again without Dami there. The 3rd meeting we'll get Dami there, we'll read the letters to him and the counselor will take it from there. I typed my letter up yesterday, I could hardly see to type because of the tears. I'll be a blubbering fool when I have to read it.

Good advice to apply the prayer for Tim and Karen to my situation, thanks for the support Golden Girls.

Old 08-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Rosey, if I cooked what DH wanted and he didn't eat it, he would be cooking for himself for a while! LOL That would only be excused if he were sick.

Gayle, sometimes when DH irritates me I stop and think that I probably do a lot of things that irritate him, too, so it evens out. I always think of how sweet and nice he was when we were dating. That ship has sailed!

I remember one time on Everybody Loves Raymond, his mother was getting on his nerves and she said "Someday you'll turn around and I won't be there." Raymond spun himself around and said "Not today!" LOL

It's always hard to lose a parent and seems harder the longer we have them. It sounds like your dad was able to be active right up until the end, and that's what we wish for all our loved ones and even ourselves, no suffering.

Mary, I have frozen shredded zucchini in the past to use for zucchini bread, but lately I can't seem to get all the water out of it and the bread doesn't turn out very good. It doesn't rise up nicely and falls in the middle. I don't think I will be freezing it again, but will only make it from fresh. I rarely eat it, but DH likes it. He has to have some type of sweets to eat every day. He has no health or weight problems and eat whatever he wants. Lucky!

Deelou, congrats on your 50th! That's a nice picture. It's always nice to put a face and name together. When you converse with someone, you always have a picture in your mind. I think we have an attractive group here!

Donna, this morning was one of those times that I could not fall back to sleep. I hate to just lay there, so I got up. DH can always fall back to sleep but I am usually in bed before him.

Karen31
, I hope you get to spend some quality time with Tim this week. He seems to really appreciate your being there. Prayers continue.

Christina and Tam Tam, are you keeping up with your exercising? I am doing it sporatically but need to get back on a regular basis. I exercise at home and will probably get back to it once summer winds down. Walking is great exercise. Most doctors recommend that right off the bat. Not just for weight loss, but for overall health.

Bobbi, I hope your foot is healing and things are going well with your grandson. I am praying for him and your family.

Lucinda, how is your foot, too? When I was at the Goodwill Store I bought a Zumba DVD set for $3. I thought about you. I really would have rather had Zumba Gold, but I think I can modify the steps to fit my ability. It has 3 DVDs. It's better for me to do this at home because I am too self conscious to do it in a class. I can modify without people thinking I'm lazy or a klutz.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #110  

OK, being a dummy here ... wanted to upload a picture, thought it would be on the box marked "attachments," but when I click it it doesn't do anything. Help?

A pound down today, so I am smiling. Busy weekend ... no parties or plans, but had a huge list of things to try to get done and did not get all of them finished. Lots of tomatoes coming out of the garden, which required washing, cutting, cooking down, pureeing and either freezing or making into sauce for dinner.

Hugs to all who are having difficult issues. And prayers. Always prayers.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. We left as planned Friday afternoon. The camp we were at is sitting on the bank of a river. Actually a oxbow lake. The camp was about 30 feet in the air because it floods when the Mississippi River get high. Let me tell you about those 2 flights of stairs that were far apart for short legs. Then there was a walkway out to the river with more steps spaced wide apart for short legs. We would get to the end of the dock and get into the boat and go about 100 feet to the floating dock. It was 20 x30 with a roof and benches all around it. We would fish thru holes they had cut out of the dock. When we got tired of fishing on the dock we would get on the party barge to fish. Under the camp is a patio. Friday night we barbecued. Saturday afternoon oldest ds hunted us down and asked to come and meet us. So they came and we fried sacalait fish (crappie). It wasn't the ideal eating conditions. I ate a few carbs that were cooked. Didn't really have much choice of anything else. But that's ok. Gotta live right. When we got back we went to get ds's puppy from oldest ds' house. We had boiled crabs and shrimp last night at ds's house. We didn't get home until 930 last night. I took a bath and fell into the bed exhausted. Baby here at 630 this morning.

K3 pecan pie and cake confession: didn't touch it at all the whole weekend until last night. When we got home at 930. Dh fixed him a piece of pie. I took a small bite and left the room to bathe. This morning I was greeted with a big hunk of cake left. I wanted to leave all that with our friends but she refused cuz it was her weakness too. I took a bite of the cake this morning and put it in a plate and sent next door to my mil. Temptation gone. That's the truth.

Bobbi from what you described of your gs he is kind and loving. Those letter are sure to get thru to him. I'm sorry that you are going thru so much turmoil with your gs. So many people go thru this and have no one that cares enough to intervene. He is sure to do ok with that's much love. Praying for y'all.

K31 sometimes words are not easy for me to express. Just know I'm praying with the rest of the gang and sending lots of hugs. You are not alone. How is Tim this morning?

Mary with all you are going thru with your new meds and ds moving in. It's a good thing to stay within 1 or 2 lbs either way. From what I could see your dd is beautiful. She has her dad's complexion. Slim and trim. I wish.

Rosey that's happened to me a time or two. Made me pretty mad too. I already don't have time to cook during the week. When I get off work I'm really tired.

Cherry please airmail me some tomatoes. I love fresh tomatoes. Store bought have no taste. My dad used to grow so many tomatoes when he was alive. They called him the tomatoe man with the pretty garden.

Gayle my oldest son puppy sat. After taking care of her all last week ingot attached to her. Ds made her a pen and put her in there today. She's not happy after spending time in the house all weekend. But she a hunting lab and her place is outside. She's thinking at this point she is a human. She's only 7 weeks and spoiled rotten in a weeks time.

Donna how was the few hours of work? Was it good to be back or torture?

Deelou loved the 50 the pic of you and dh. Making it 50 years is such a blessing.

Christina welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Hi carol sue!!

Time to get the clothes washed.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-11-2014, 11:49 AM   #112  

Cajun, that camp sound very exciting! All those steps probably did you good!

I have a question for you. I was reading a book about Dukan. Isn't that what you follow? How did you get into that and do you follow it to the letter? It's very strict. It doesn't seem to be too popular in the US.
Old 08-11-2014, 01:23 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Carol Sue. Yes I follow Dukan diet. I've tried just about everything to lose weight. When I found this diet it was finally something I could try. I'm a meat eater so this was good for me. I hate being limited to 4 ounces of a serving of meat. The meat was unlimited any time of day. I did the 1 day our pro rein and the next day protein and veggies. It worked for me. Did I follow it to the t like they say? Probably not. I could stomach the oat bran every morning. The other thing was I just ate the Greek light yogurt. Didn't worry about the small amount of fruit in it. I lost really good on it. I was concerned because I had borderline high cholesterol. Talked to my dr about the high volume of meat and he told me that a lot of cholesterol was from fatty processed and fast foods. He ran blood test and my cholesterol is good since I cut out the fast foods and processed foods. As time went on my stomach must have shrunk because I can't eat near the amount I use to be able to eat. The Dukan diet fits me and I'm happy with it. It's something I can live with long term.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #114  
Jacksonville, FL

Trying to send picture of our family minus my oldest son who just could not make the celebration because of a special needs camp he was running...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (28.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-11-2014, 03:06 PM   #115  
Jacksonville, FL

Praying for the needs I know about here on this forum....
Old 08-11-2014, 05:53 PM   #116  

You have a very nice family, Deelou.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #117  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday!! I am "off" today and this is the first time I get to play on the computer. Did a lot of paperwork, housework and errands. My weekend eating was so-so. Today much better as it always is on Mondays. Hope you all have a blessed evening.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #118  

Cherry Tomato, I think you go to advanced, then click on the paper clip, that will open another box, then click on browse, then go to your pictures and click on the one you want. I think that's right, if not, hopefully someone who knows more about it than I do will chime in.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:01 PM   #119  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Nice pic of your family Deelou

Any news on Tim ~ Karen? Prayers continue

Prayers for your grandson Bobbi and all his family that love him. for you too
Old 08-11-2014, 09:15 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all.....just a fly bye....am exhausted. Played bridge it was a district STac game which is play across the whole state at the same time. We figured we had an average game but the pc was down, got home and results were posted we came in first. Will have to wait until tomorrow for statewide ranking....nah! Nice to know my brain still works sometimes.

Cajun....good job on limiting the sweets. Should train that sweet pup to eat all the sweets. Hyper active sugar puppy!!!!!

Donna....Did you survive the day at work? Poor baby you need a back rub. Tell Sam.

Karen...when you go back to see Tim tomorrow is there anything you can bring from home that would comfort him? A pillow, blanket, picture of the dogs, music, old sweater???? Something that feels or smells like home. Ran into 2 people today from your town. Marilyn and Calvin Young. I can't guess how tall he is as he stands up in sections.....I come to his belt buckle.

I'll do more personals tomorrow after I get some sleep....hugs k3
Closed Thread