Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:28 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning from a tired Cajun! Friday night Ds got a new yellow lab puppy after losing his other dog. Went out to eat with sister and bil. Saturday dh and I went to hobby lobby sams and academy. Went back to sisters and bil to boil crabs. Sunday went to the camp to cut grass and run fish nets. We must have caught close to 150 lbs of catfish. We cleaned all that for 3 hours. My brother came to help us and we gave almost all of it away to the family and some to a friend. Our freezer is filling up for the winter. Today I'm very tired.

Deelou I like your gotcha day. I think it's very special.

Mary congrats on the 2 lb loss. We ate a lot of boiled seafood this weekend and I'm retaining a lot of fluid this morning. Trying to flush it out with water.

Donna I love the idea of saving half of your food for the next meal or day. Smart idea. No rain this weekend. The weather men missed it. It rained in some places but not on us.

K3 blow hard. Doing the same here. Keep thinking no hurricanes please. Hope you get your new addition to the family.

Lucinda those blisters sounds awful. Are they better?

Gayle I'm glad you enjoyed your talk with your mom. My mom is forgetting things and I dread what's to come over time.

I really have to get busy with work. Hi to all I skipped.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-04-2014, 03:42 PM   #47  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm happy to see this thread humming along like it used to. Great to see so many posting, I love it.

I finally got my dressings taken off from my surgery and new bandages put on. Doc said my foot looked great, healing nicely. My whole foot is black and blue and my toes look like I marched around Jerico. My bunion is gone, like totally gone on my right foot. It'll be nice to wear a pair of scandals next summer, something I haven't worn for quite a few years because of my ugly feet. I still can't drive for 2 1/2 weeks or until my regular shoe fits back on. I didn't tell him I drove over to the nursing home yesterday all by myself. A person could get stir crazy sitting around that much.

Thanks again for the cards I received last week in the mail, very cheery.
Old 08-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #48  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Just got home a short while ago after a shopping trip for the sheets and I also picked up a couple underbed storage containers... Sat down to rest and started watching Highlander Karen3. I'm already hooked and nothing much as really happened. Wish I could take the day off and watch it, but I've got lost to finish today. Hope to get back to it later tonight.

Last night we watched the movie I won, it's called Ragamuffin and is a faith based movie about Rich Mullins. I didn't know anything about him before this but have since read some online. He died in 1997. The acting wasn't very good, and to me it was very slow in the beginning, in fact til about 1/2 way through and the music wasn't much until toward the end..strange but even the acting seemed better toward the end. I enjoyed it because I could see where he was coming from and could relate. Great yet simple truths in it, that are often not understood by both believers and nonbelievers and I was glad I was patient and watched it all.

Well break time is over...back to work.
I LOVE Rich Mullins' music. Have been a fan for years. He was going to perform at a church and was killed in a car accident.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:30 PM   #49  

Didn't sleep well last night, so kinda tired today. We went to the gym and did our usual, then came home and took a 2 hr nap. Know I didn't sleep the whole time but did some. Still tired though. My bs was high this morning so it was good I was asleep and not tempted to eat. but before lunch it was 78...still within normal range but very low for me. I thought I was fine until I started to chop up some lettuce for a salad and suddenly was so weak I could hardly do it. Manage to get my food together and sit down and eat. Still feel a little weak even after eating and I ate more than usual for lunch. Feel like taking another nap but am afraid if I do I won't sleep again tonight.

Continued to declutter...this time in the dining room. Went through a small bookcase we call my dh's desk. He doesn't really use it as a desk but it's behind his place at the table and he uses it to store stuff that one would put in a desk and does his writing etc. on the table. I got one side of it decluttered of a lot of stuff, threw away some, giving away a lot plus while doing it I realized I needed to order more diabetic supplies so placed an order.

Going to stop and rest now while watching Judge Judy...lol the exciting life of a retiree! Try to get back later for personals.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:22 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening....It's thunder booming and Dash has on his thunder shirt and curled up against DH. I started this this morning and forgot to post it. Played bridge and we came in 1st. 16 tables and got 3.25 R/B points. I know meaningless but made me happy. Did the MickyD coffee again. phew!

Bobbi....Miss Pretty Toes.

Cajun....OMG a Lab pup. That is a tub of lovin licks.

Mary...Thank you for the prayers you offered for Karen and Tim last night.

Gayle....Can I Lego, too?

Lucinda...no...The Outlander series has been read and followed by a lot of the GG's old and new. Diana Gabaldon has written 7-8 books and takes over a year between publishing.

Donna....I have 527 achieved books and another 47 waiting to be read.

Deelou...Any weather over there?

Tam....You are the only one who will be glad when DST is over.

Karen....Prayers for peace for Tim and strength for you.

Time to put these weary knees up. They work well until late afternoon and then I am hobbled like an old mule. Yes Donna as cranky as one, too. gesh, I can hear her even with the windows shut. hugs all that I missed. k3
Old 08-04-2014, 09:33 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well. I just got a call from the hospital. And the ERCP wasn't completed. They couldn't get down to where they need to be. They will do it tomorrow through "Interventional Radiology" not sure what time. They will also drain the fluid from his abdomen. Hospice will be transporting him home and will furnish a hospital bed and all the equipment he needs. Will know more when he will be home after tomorrow
Old 08-04-2014, 10:14 PM   #52  

Hi everyone.rainy day here. last night we had thunder and lightening and it rained so hard the dogs where hiding. we have a metal roof. I love storms and I sat in the door and watched natures best. steve's feeling better,the cortezone shot must have worked . K3 im so sorry Tim is in the hosp. wish I was closer so I could help,hope you can feel my little hand holding yours and of course we are all here for you.Cajun we have a black lab named Sadie, shes 3 now and finallt setteled down.she about chewed my house to kindeling lol.Maryea I was up most of the nite too. arthritis made my bones ache and my eczema itch was also driving me nuts. I was still puttering at 3 am. so im tired today too.I also declutterred today. my tv shelving and book cases. I have a bear collection and I weeded it down to a few,speacial ones, put up more pictures and rearranged the books and dvd's and video's. dusting as I went. looks nice. and I feel like I accomplished something. Bobbie sorry your poor foot is so bruised think of those pretty shoes u can wear soon. I can relate as the 1st thing I got after my tummy tuck was a matching lacy underware set to all rosey
Old 08-04-2014, 11:21 PM   #53  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Karen ~ prayers continue. Glad Tim will be able to come home where he can be more comfortable. And glad hospice will be there to help you all. Good thoughts and continue as well.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:03 AM   #54  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Finally a moment to catch up here. DH keeps us busy running ~ doing stuff with Maddie. So, I either run out of time, or run out of steam.

Wanted to thank you all for remembering me on my birthday and all the sweet wishes you sent. It was part of making my day special.

Rosey ~ I used to love listening to the rain falling on the metal roof at my grandma's house. Glad your Steve is feeling better.

Karen MO ~ prayers continue. Rest for you, comfort for Tim and peace for both of you.

Karen FL ~ first in your Bridge. Way to go. Poor Dash and those storms. Glad he has his thunder jacket to help him feel better during those storms. Feeling sad that Dash has reached an age where you are having to worry about him.

Mary ~ hope you rested better last night. You are on a roll with your decluttering. When Maddie gets back in school, I hope to get some more of that done around here.

Bobbi ~ glad you got a good report from your doctor about your foot. Is the pain less now?

Cajun ~ 150 pounds of cat fish ~ wow ~ that's a lot of fish and a lot of work. Bet it tastes good though.

Carol Sue ~ hope the pain in your hands while reading lets up soon ~ that would stink to have pain while trying to do something you enjoy.

Deelou ~ I think Gotcha day sounds like a neat way to celebrate that special time in your lives.

Donna ~ Yes, I had a nice birthday. Gorking in the morning and then Sara and the kids came over in the evening for a visit. Corbin brough his girlfriend with him. She is a sweet girl. I feel honored that teenagers would come by and spend time with grandma.

Lucinda ~ I love that little poem you wrote at the beginning of your post. I can't remember ~ did you work in health care/nursing at one time?

Tam Tam ~ how are the Leslie walk at home things going?

Hello TN Donna and Cherry

If I forgot anyone ~ please forgive me.

I don't know what adventure DH has planned for today. Trying to decide if I want to go along, or pass.

Hope you all have a good day.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:52 AM   #55  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Ditto what you said Glynne.

P.S. No pain killer pills since yesterday afternoon.
Old 08-05-2014, 11:05 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mary, I would also be concerned about the 78 bs reading you had. Although it is not dangerously low, I'm always afraid it is going to plummet. If you ate a small breakfast and then exercised, the combination of the two might be why you're bs dropped. As long as it doesn't go lower than that I think you're ok. Your body probably reacted because it isn't used to your blood sugar being that low. Be careful.

Bobbi
, it's good to hear from you. I hope your pain is getting better. I know you're getting antsy just sitting around. That's a good sign that you're healing.

Gayle, the pain in my hands is all the time, but I think it's because of the way I hold my books. After I finish the one I'm reading I'm going to go back to using my e-reader and see if it improves.

Karen31, I know you will feel better having Tim at home. I hope the hospice is able to help, too.

Cajun, that's a lot of fish you caught! Fish is very good for you and catching it yourself saves money....or does it? We already discussed the cost of all this hunting and fishing.

Donna, when I have a meal that's really good, I like having a leftover container to dig into the next day. You don't have to cook, and most things taste better the next day. Good idea!
Old 08-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #57  

Grrrrrrrr lost my post and personals. Can't do over. Try later.
Hugs cajun.
Old 08-05-2014, 12:24 PM   #58  

On here for the first time since Friday. My little granddaughter was christened on Sunday and she was absolutely beautiful and a little angel. Had to endure my ex-husband and his wife's presence, and always feel a little weird for a day or two after seeing them. He is so artificial and she is so impossible to relate to. I ate poorly at the party, and then went out to dinner with my husband, dad and stepmom and again ate poorly. I have gained two pounds, boo hiss on me. Back on track today. Also back at work. Still plowing through my e-mails and piles of snail mail that have accumulated just since Friday.
Old 08-05-2014, 02:52 PM   #59  

Cherry I'm sure that would me uncomfortable. Emotional eating is hard to break. I'm one of those.
Carol sue. Yes catching these fish in nets are much cheaper than rod and reel fishing. We eat a lot of fish and also sharing with the family and friends.
Mary are you doing better with your sugar. Did it go back up. Scary that it went so low you were weak.
Bobbi I'm glad your foot is feeling better. Will you have to get different shoes after you have the other foot repaired or will your shoes still fit.
Gayle we love fish. Get tired of eating meat all the time. When does maddie start school? You and dh are not going to know what to do with yourselves other than collapse from exhaustion. Lol.
Rosey cortisone is a wonder drug. We have shingled roof. We can't hear the rain too much. But at both of our camps we have metal roofs. I love to hear the rain in the early morning hours without bad weather of course. We had a lab that ate the corner boards of our barn. But this is ds's puppy and she will be put in a pen when she gets big enough. She will be his duck hunting partner.
K3 congrats on first place in your bridge game. I'm playing pokeno tonight. Did you get the nasty beast yet? 6 feet! Yikes.
K31 any word yet on Tim coming home? Were they able to do the test the other way.
Donna glad you got to enjoy your family for your birthday.
Hi tam deelou and Lucinda.

Weigh in tomorrow. I don't feel a loss. I'm thinking too much sodium in my diet. I usually eat my food well seasoned. Bland food is not worth eating. Hmmmm maybe if I don't season I wouldn't care about eating all that much. I might be on to something.

Gotta go.
Hugs
Cajun.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:49 PM   #60  

Hello everyone! Beautiful day, not too warm yet. We had to get up early to go to the health insurance meeting. Now we just have to decide which plan we want. I thought they would give us booklets on all the companies in our area that our clinic be accepting. They did tell us which ones that is and said we can get our own info on them, but mostly they talked about Providence so is was really just a sales pitch. Apparently it is a very high rated company though and our doctor must think it's good since he referred us to this meeting..of course they might have just gotten to him first and he fell for the good sales pitch. The monthly premiums aren't bad but there are so many co-pays and % we have to pay after that. We have been fortunate for 14 years now to have Medicare and Tricare and we have had almost no out of pocket expense. Spoiled I guess...so this is kind of shocking to us. But since we can't find a doctor who will take Medicare and Tricare, if we want insurance we have go this way. Funny, they say, oh you will always have your Tricare, but then when you talk to them they admit there are no longer doctors accepting it as a supplement. So basically except for drug coverage, Tricare will only cover us in a military clinic/hospital. I understand it from a doctor's perspective, don't blame them, but still don't like it as a patient. The healthcare act I am sure is helping some people, but to tell the truth I don't know any who have been helped. Everyone I know young and old say there costs have gone up not down, and now we are part of that group.

On a more positive note, we had a great dinner last night! Our son was with us and he enjoyed it too which always makes me feel good. I made BBQ chicken in the oven...it is not the kind where the sauce is stuck to the meat, it is more like a sauce that it cooks in and then I pour it over the meat. I served it with fried rice and not the lighter version I usually make for us plus corn on the cob. Not the best meal veggie-wise but we've been eating a lot of green veggies recently so it was a nice change.

Yesterday I got into our main bathroom and decluttered the shampoos/conditioners. Lots of conditioners but only a few shampoos. Since I use the medicated shampoos (doc says forever!), I don't use them but I put them in catch-all cupboard in case someone might. The conditioners that don't match any shampoo, I put in a bag to keep for making fabric softener.
I also did a little more decluttering the spare bedroom but now trying to decide what to do with the stuff I took out of there. It is photo books I want to keep. Haven't done much today since we were gone all morning, but I plan to clean the kitchen in a bit. If I find time I will start decluttering my office. It's a real challenge!

Rosey - Sounds like we're on the same track. I need to declutter my books too. Esp now that I have to find a place for the photo books. These books (family room) are ones I really love and sometimes reread, so hard to get rid of them. Then in my office I have a huge number of books most I haven't even read yet. I'm mostly reading ebooks now but I read these in the bathtub. I am not sure I'll live long enough to read them all though. I try not to buy any more hard copy books but sometimes I can't resist.

Cherry - Those pounds pop back on so fast, don't they?!! I lost two pounds last week and so far this week they are back on, so hoping they will be gone plus more by next Sunday. It's such a struggle and the med I am on is not helping!

Wannabe - I think I just got busy decluttering and didn't realize I was that hungry until i stopped. My bs really varies...yesterday it was high all day, but I think I did eat more. I can't seem to get myself back to tracking my food consistently, I start the day tracking then forget about it. So far today it was high in am, but 111 before lunch. I still need to eat better, but know I will never be perfect. I think the doctor may increase the dose as he gave me a very low dose...sure hope it doesn't make me gain again.

Cajun - I'm like you, I like well seasoned food. I don't think I overdo the sodium usually in my cooking. but I am very tempted by salty snacks. I wish dh would not bring them home, but lately he has been bringing home corn chips, pork rinds and caramels! I told him no matter how I complain about missing sweets or salty snacks, please do not bring home bags of them!! A tiny bit we can share wouldn't hurt now and then. I don't even like the pork rinds, but they don't have carb and I like the crunch and hot taste (he gets the spicy kind) so I'm tempted by them even though I hate the smell! And that sodium adds up!

Glynne - Sorry you hurt so much! Hope you can get some relief today.

Karen3 - Does the doctor think your knees will always hurt after you've been on them a long time or is it still part of the recovery?

Well, need to get to work...you all have a good day!

Last edited by maryea; 08-05-2014 at 03:55 PM.
Closed Thread