Old 10-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #391  

S/C/G: See ticker

Height: 5`2

The scale finally budged.
10/16 145.2
Old 10-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #392  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi Ladies, and congrats on so many that are losing at a regular rate! My scale is stuck, but I think it's due to stress. There's a lot going on at work including writing my annual self-assessment, which is always stressful for me.

In addition, I'm seriously questioning going on with my long-time boyfriend, and have already 'met' some other guys on Match with a free subscription.

The BF doesn't take care of his health and side effects are definitely affecting our relationship. He's not overweight, just very stressed and can't sleep more than 4 hours a night - not to mention intimacy is out, and this has gone on over a year. I told him to go see a Dr. who can fix the problems, but he hasn't been to a Dr. in years and won't go (typical man who doesn't like Dr's) and probably has hypertension and who knows about cholesterol, etc. It may sound selfish, but I want a boyfriend and not just a 'friend'. (sorry if TMI) Am I being selfish? I know you gals have been around the block yourselves.

Anyway, a lot on my mind. Will still forge ahead and hope to be under 160 within the week!

andi
Old 10-17-2014, 12:17 AM   #393  

S/C/G: HW:276 Restart 242.6/148.2/140

Height: 5'7"

InaTizzy - Glad the scale is finally moving for you - whatever you are doing, keep it up!

Corinna - You are always so inspirational and positive - I am happy for you that you are having a good week

Renee - I imagine you have been really busy on the farm - hope things are going well for you

Andi - Nice to see you back here!
I am so sorry that you are having so much stress going on right now. Sometimes we just have to ask ourselves to imagine what life would be like in a year from now if we do nothing, just keep carrying on; and also what it would be like if we make changes that we feel may need to be made.

In the end I think you just have to do whatever is best for YOU, and I hope you find the answers you need that will help give you peace and balance in your life.

As for me - I went for a check-up with my doctor, and she said all my tests and everything came back great - just a general check. However, she seems to feet that I am getting too thin (REALLY????) and that I should maybe slow down my weight loss or just maintain where I am for a while.
I have mixed feelings about this. I am getting close to my goal, and it may help to develop and test drive a maintenance plan, BUT.. I am getting close to my goal, and I feel like maybe I should just push on
Any comments, anyone??

Last edited by jollyjude; 10-17-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #394  

Hi Jude,

At 5'7", the "ideal" weight for a woman with a medium frame is between 133 and 147 so I don't think your goal is unreasonable. Maybe your Dr. is more concerned with the speed of your weight loss, vs the pounds. You could probably satisfy both of you by simply slowing the weight loss so your body can better adjust itself to the new weight and still work toward the goal. Just my .02!

Andi

Last edited by WebWoman; 10-17-2014 at 09:11 AM.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:37 AM   #395  

S/C/G: 234/218/175

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone! Well the scale didn't move for me ....not really surprised. Went to 2 banquets last week Things are starting to wind down here on the farm. Time for me to get back on track. Hope you all have a wonderful week!

Renee
Old 10-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #396  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

I'm finding it difficult to post this.....

Went back east to see family with a side trip for business. Six flights in a week with some horribly long layovers. I'm back now and so are five pounds. I just can't tolerate carbs and going off plan and being on the road stinks and blah blah ....... that's enough of my pity party.

My thyroid meds needed yet another adjustment before I left and I'll be rechecking in November....more pity party.

It's getting close to the end of the year and I'm not where I want to be.

Today is a new day!!!!!!!!!

Webwoman - At 5'7" I think your goal weight is fine. I hope you find the perfect guy for you - good luck in your search - and have some fun while your at it.

A little for me
and for anyone else who needs a boost.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #397  

S/C/G: 234/218/175

Height: 5'10"

You can do it Lizzie!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #398  

Jollyjude- what plan are you following? I would keep on going until you're happy with your size.
Crimzon- I think flights always make us retain water. Stick to your plan and those pounds will come off in a few days.
Old 10-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #399  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

Thanks Renee.
InATizzy - thanks as well - I hope you're right.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:26 AM   #400  
Happy New Year 2018!!!

S/C/G: 156/152/125

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies, I stayed the same this week. No scale budging here. Perhaps next week.

In A Tizzy-you reached your goal for this month, yeah! Good job. I am happy for you. No stopping you now. Now on to your next step goal.

Andi-I truly hate writing self assessments. It feels like I have to write my own performance assessment because my boss is too lazy or just doesn't know what I do. I hate the way that system works. Why do I have to constantly inform them what I do, and then turn around at the end of the year and summarize it all again for them.....just hate how it works. However, it is something that I cannot change, so I must learn to adapt to it and live with it. Regarding your boyfriend, if you have already met a few others on Match, then you have already decided to move on. Sometimes we just get stuck in a rut, and stick with the routine. A little change may help us to get sight of the big picture and the direction we need to head, so we can decide what we really want, get a focus point, and head for that. I hope it works out well for you.

Jude-It sounds like your Doctor is just worried that your weight loss may be going just a bit fast. Not that your too thin, just that your getting thin to fast. It is good to let your body stabilize some at points and then continue to lose more weight. That way your body can adjust to the new diet routine rather than react to starvation. If it reacts to starvation, then you will just end up gaining the weight back, plus there could be other health problems too. Maybe stabilize for a while (week or two) and then head onward. Slow and steady will make you a winner! I agree with Andi.

Hi Renee-staying at the same point can be a good thing too. Missed you. I look forward to reading/sharing with you in future posts.

Lizzie-hang in there! Traveling is always hard on diets. Yes 5 pounds is a shocker when you step on the scale, but now you are home again and can get your eating back on track. I have been there and can truly understand the hurdles. Here is a double dose of willpower dust for you.

We are all here for you and hope you get back on track again soon. You can do it! We can do it! C'mon Lizzie!! Think think to win!!!

Last edited by Corinna T; 10-19-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:37 AM   #401  
Happy New Year 2018!!!

Failure is not fatal; failing to change will be.

You can succeed when you realize your failures are the preparation for your victories.

Success is not a place that we aspire to, it is a process in which we live by.
Often the only ingredient being the ability to
not quit

Last edited by Corinna T; 10-19-2014 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:02 PM   #402  

Thanks Corinna.
I've got goals in mind. I guess the next one is to be 140. It seems so far away.
I'm wondering if I should make my next goal 143.
If my short term goals are closer together I think I won't get discouraged.
I really can't wait to reach 136, because then my bmi will be normal.

NEXT GOAL under 143.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #403  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
9/13 = 207 = -16.2
9/21 = 206.5 = -16.7 (-.4 this week)
9/29 = 206 = -17.2
October 4 = 205.7 = -17.4
Oct 11 = 205.3 = -17.8
10/19 = 204.7 = -18.4
Old 10-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #404  
Happy New Year 2018!!!

In A Tizzy-Sounds good to me. Under 143 is the next step, you can do it!!!!

Aida-good job on your loss!

Last edited by Corinna T; 10-19-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #405  

Hi everyone, and thanks for the comments. I guess I don't have a regular weigh in day, but Friday sounds like a good day for me.

Lizzie, don't be despondent, if you're trying every day I'm sure you'll see that whoosh soon! I always gain some when I travel.

Wanted to take a good walk after work, but it's raining here...guess I'll hang that light fixture instead.

Andi
Closed Thread