Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 10:15 PM   #136  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

It has been such a nice weekend. Yesterday we did our weekly shopping ~ groceries and other errands. DH was really nice (makes me feel bad for feeling irritated with him a few days back). He did part of the errands with Maddie on Friday, so that on Saturday it didn't make for such a long day. We try to do everything in one trip to save on gas and wear and tear on the car, but saving it all for one trip, makes for quite a long day sometimes. Riding in the car makes me have awful sciatic pain. Also, he stood in the check out line for me at one store where the line was long, because standing is so painful to me. I don't hurt quite as bad when I can keep moving. I really appreciated him yesterday.

Today, I was feeling a little blue ~ since Sara's divorce, we don't get to do some of the stuff with the grandkids like we used to. We missed out on the Easter egg hunt ~ and seeing Maddie's excitement. But DGS Corbin made a surprise visit and that cheered me up. We visited a little, then his girlfriend had called and was wanting him to come visit her, so I offered to take him. He wanted to stop at Kroger on the way to get her a little something, so I took him there. I enjoy so much getting to spend time with him.

DD Sara invited us over for supper. That was fun. The kids were with their dad at his parents house, so it was just Sara and us. It was nice to get her all to ourselves and have a nice visit. Rode our bikes there and back ~ it was a beautiful evening to be out.

Worked on a few little projects ~ put some reflective strips on DH's bicycle ~ we are out occasionally after dark on our bikes and figured we should be as visible as possible. Worked some more on Mom's quilt/wall hanging thing. Got some pictures in frames. Working on some of those knit dish cloths for gifts. Love having time now to putter around doing stuff I enjoy.
Hope you all have had a nice Easter weekend.

Last edited by glynne; 04-20-2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Today, I was feeling a little blue ~ since Sara's divorce, we don't get to do some of the stuff with the grandkids like we used to. We missed out on the Easter egg hunt ~ and seeing Maddie's excitement.
Hi Gayle,

Unfortunately, I do not have grandchildren to miss, but I did miss seeing one of my great-nephews. My niece, his mother, recently left her husband and my great-nephew is not speaking to her. I REALLY missed seeing him on Easter.

Every loss - death or divorce - changes the extended family dynamics as well as the immediate family's.

However, I did enjoy seeing all my other nieces & nephews.

Lynn
Old 04-21-2014, 08:10 AM   #138  

Default The 20 Rules

Progress on the 20 Rules -

Rule # 1 - drinking 1 large glass of water before each meal and 1 large glass of water during each meal.

April 21 - Day 1 of Rule 1. Will post my progress tomorrow.

Lynn
Old 04-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #139  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Easter gone and now back on the program for us. I would like to see all 20 rules, one each day Lynn. I need to start drinking a large glass of water before meals toos.

Glynne...sorry you have such a hard time standing. Has your DH's adjusted to your not working? Are you content to just stay home and be a homemaker? I retired at age 54 because my feet gave out on me. We actually started to live much cheaper after that, no more long drives into town with two vehicles. Scratch cooking since I had the time to cook, no more dress clothes. The best part was no time clock, you have the whole day to yourself. I can't remember if you said your sewing room was now organized or was that someone else? (Senior moment here) I'm babbling, time to get dressed and off to the torture chamber, YMCA.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #140  
Want to feel better

Good morning GG's,

Lynn ~ I'm sorry if I came across as whining about what I miss out on with the grandkids. I was just trying to share how even though things aren't the same, I still had a nice time with Corbin. I'm sorry that you missed out on time with your great nephew and for the discord in your family.

Bobbi ~ Yes, DH has adjusted to me staying home. I am perfectly content to stay at home ~ don't miss work at all. We started practicing living on less even before I retired, so it wasn't a sudden adjustment. The part that is hard for me is not about spending, but getting to the stores. When I worked, I passed by a couple Walmarts and other stores every day, so if I needed something I could just stop on the way home, and if I forgot something, I didn't have to wait a whole week, just stopped the next night. That is a frustrating situation when I am in the middle of a project and find I have forgotten something or run out of something and I can't just run to the store to get more so I can keep working on it.

Some of my sewing stuff is organized. There is a whole lot of other stuff still in boxes from when we moved, that has to be gone through and decide what to do with it ~ give away, throw away or keep. Then organize the keep stuff. I look forward to getting that taken care of ~ now that I have time.

Guess I'd better get going and do something. Hope you all have a good day.

Last edited by glynne; 04-21-2014 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:06 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi GG's: Hope you all managed OK through the weekend. Quiet day here since a lot of the activities etc I want to do today aren't happening - holiday, doh .
I was planning on heading out to the afternoon Aquacize with a friend but checked the schedule and it's just public swim from 1-4 today - so filled with crazy screaming kids I'm sure. Maybe I'll get the business tax stuff all organized for the accountant, or scrub the bathroom. (haha, or NOT)
Hubby & I went for a long walk past the vineyards just up the hill from us on Friday afternoon after the rain stopped. I love the smell of spring after a cleansing rain... We dropped in at the winery for a tasting as they were open this weekend (we are regulars, and buy a case every once in a while), enjoyed a chat and looking at the new lambs - they keep a small herd of sheep to keep the grass down under the vines. I may have a new career shaping up as I have been invited to help with the harvest this fall. A pair of secateurs and a sunny autumn day - just a bit of dreaming, but I'd better concentrate on spring & summer first. It doesn't do any good to live your life only in the future. Enjoy the NOW!

Looking a little hazy/cloudy out there this morning, so I'm not sure what I'm doing for exercise today, but I'd better figure it out before tonight. Hubby is working like crazy - had to work Sat & today since it rained Fri AM. That's what happens when you have your own business - no such thing as Stat Holidays... that's OK though, it just means we get to choose our holiday time when other people must be at work and it makes for a less crowded time.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #142  

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Good morning GG's,

Lynn ~ I'm sorry if I came across as whining about what I miss out on with the grandkids.
Hi Gayle,

I did not think you where whining. I just thought we were both sad about our "missing" kids.

Lynn
Old 04-21-2014, 12:57 PM   #143  
Want to feel better

Thank you Lynn ~ I try real hard, but sometimes my words come out sounding different than I intended them to.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Tim has an appointment on Wednesday at 2:40 at the VA in Kansas City. Guess it is a meeting with the team to see what and where we go from here. Thanks for the prayers
Old 04-21-2014, 04:32 PM   #145  

Height: 5'3"

Hello GGs! We have a guest in our home and she will be with us for two weeks. Her name is Daisy and she is a little dachshund. She is my son's gf's dog and we are dogsitting for them. We enjoy her and she knows us a little as she comes over with them for visits now and then. We have to watch her carefully. On both sides of us are three larger dogs, one a pit bull, all are friendly as far as I know and they are not usually loose but they are a bit excited now that they have seen Daisy through the fence and I sure don't want them to get ahold of her!

My bs has gotten too high too often and for too long of periods of time. I am feeling a little discouraged about it but realize it is my fault as after i saw the doctor and we were both so pleased with how I was doing, I let go and stopped trying so hard. He warned me before that diabetes is dynamic and last time he even told me what to watch for. I still believe that I can control it better if I get back to the way I was eating (1-1-1) but I do agree with him now that it is advancing. And while it is discouraging, I know I'm in God's hands and so it will be ok...I will do the best I can and if I still have to have more meds I will accept them. I have tried to avoid them due to the side affects but who knows maybe I'll even feel better on them. And if I have to start injections I guess I can learn to to do that. So far I haven't noticed much difference in how I feel except my legs and feet ache a lot but they do that at times anyway and going off the cholesterol med usually helps so don't think it's all because of my bs. Don't like to do that of course because then my cholesterol goes up. LOL Isn't it terrible how old people talk about their health and medicine all the time...it becomes such a large part of our lives we can't help it I guess. Sorry for going on about it. Even though I have my occasional issues, I don't feel my age most of the time. Went to the gym today finally. I've been avoiding it due to my achiness but decided it might even help and sometimes it helps my bs too. After the gym, we made a quick stop to pick up some veggies. The more veggies I eat the better I keep to my diet...I have to have things like radishes and carrots around to snack on besides the usual veggies at meals.

I won another small prize today...I had my choice of any $10-15 item at rosewholesale.com and I chose some pink earrings. So that's three small prizes for April, my first month back into seriously sweeping.

Hope you are all doing ok, and having a good day...Cajun, did you survive the weekend?, wannabe, how's your man now?, Gayle glad you at least got to see your dd and one gs. Lucinda, how's your man doing? Karen, keep looking up..Hi bobbi, Gayle, Cana, and all those I've missed..I love you all..ETA: Lynn...how could I forget you....so sorry...glad you got to see family too. You are right everything is always changing with our families..

Last edited by maryea; 04-21-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:01 PM   #146  

Height: 5'3"

I haven't tried this yet but sounds good. Sorry his spelling isn't so good.

The author says: want to eat dessert today so I made this Apple "Bread Pudding" ! It's really good and an almost perfect meal for both Detox and Ignite.

2 cups Liquid Egg Whites
4 apples cored and sliced, I used 2 Granny Smith and 2 Gala
8 tbs PB2
8 packs of stevia
2 oz ground almonds
1 tbs vanilla
cinnamon

Combine all ingredients in a food processor, I used my Ninja
Pore in a baking pan
Sprinkle the top with cinnamon

Bake for about 45 minutes at 330º
then broil on high for about 2 minutes

Last edited by maryea; 04-21-2014 at 10:02 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:40 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi maryea: how many is this recipe supposed to be for (4 ppl)? 8 packs of stevia sounds like a huge amount to me. I use 4 in a 2 litre (2 quart) jug of homemade fresh squeezed lemonade... and about 8 goes in a stockpot full of fresh chopped rhubarb I'm stewing down...
Sounds like an interesting idea though...let us know if you try it.
Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 04-21-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:53 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mary, don't give up on your blood sugar. It can be progressive, but doesn't have to be. I was really out of control a few months ago and my A1c came back as 9.7, which you know is entirely too high. All my daily testings were in the 200's with some in the 300's. The doctor put me on a new med, but once I took it for several days it brought my glucose reading down low enough and then I cut way back on carbs and kept up my exercising and now I am able to keep it low without the new med. I was just being careless with my carbs. I still have something once in a while, just not every day. I might get a spike, but I get back to low carb the next day and the glucose reading comes back down nicely. I think you can do it because you exercise regularly and really watch your diet.

DH is feeling a little better every day, but still having some issues. Thanks for asking. I just think healing is going to take a while for him.

Your recipe does sound good!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning golden girls. Tired tired. I can't recuperate. We had a good time but I'm glad it's over. Company didn't leave until 630 Sunday night. We shared lots of laughs and the kids had fun finding eggs. Dh did an awesome job boiling the crawfish and the barbecue.
I'm struggling to get back to 1-1-1. I tried yesterday but the left over dessert attacked me. Today I throw it out!! My jeans are way too tight.
Looks like everyone had a good holiday. Bobbi was right now it's time for me to get serious with dieting. I did it before I can do it again.
I will be back later with personels. Hi y'all
Hugs
Cajun
Old 04-22-2014, 08:26 AM   #150  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Closed Thread