Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #61  

Hi everyone.. another beautiful spring day.. I had coffee outside and its all melty. still have lots of snow banks tho. steve's working on shelves in his bedroom and I was in 'MY' room cutting out some new tops.. so he says are we going to eat anything today meaning im hungry stop what you are doing and feed me.. honestly why cant men make a sandwhich or something so I came out and he was eating ice cream right out of the pail I fixed him a sandwhich and macaroini salad..didn't want to stop my project but remember he just did a nice thing for me so I served with a smile. and went back to my project.. then he comes back there and says when are you going to sew me a quilt. so I just got done ordering the fabric for his quilt.. any excuse for me to shop on line for fabric I have a turkey breast baking as his royal highness requested turkey crunch casserole for dinner.. I aim to please.
Bobbie I concur with the others that you are very dedicated when u make up your mind.. good job on the loss.Im doing ok,maintaining.K3 hope your knees aren't bothering you to bad. K31,thinking about you all the time and know we are all praying for you and Tim. Glynne thankyou for all the personals. im sorry but my senior brain gets everyone fuddled and don't mean to exclude any one.
My granddaughter Amanda has been accepted into the Alaskas Lady Hoops basketball traveling team. she going to Arizona for a week to play.im a proud gramma. shes growing up. I have amazing grkids ,I know im prejudiced ttfn rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-08-2014 at 08:47 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #62  

Hi me again. posting and bragging about my grand daughter. one picture is of her receiving her award for placing 1st in the Alaskan hoop shoot contest(2nd yr she took 1st for Alaska) the picture is of regionals where she got 2nd. the other is a picture of her 1st formal dance, spring fling..proud gramma wanted to share rosey
Old 04-08-2014, 10:01 PM   #63  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

cute kid rosey. Is that your son or son-in-law? We had turkey breast on sale for 99 cents a pound, 1st time I purchased the breast alone. They are really yummy, will buy again next time they are on sale. What's turkey crunch casserole.
Cajun...I do have a fast metabolism, losing weight is really easy for me. I just can't keep it off because I developed a sweet tooth after I stopped drinking red wine.
I have my desk computer over to a guy that's taking out all the crap that's on it, it needs a good cleaning. He's also putting on a new free security/anti-virus that works great.
I'm typing this on my Chrome Book, awkward.
Thanks, my yorkie is cute. he's also an aggressive little guy toward our big male English Setter. Charlie loves everyone, he doesn't get mad at Levi when he won't leave him alone.
I was going to post my menu but I'm too tired.
Nighty night

Last edited by Bobbolink; 04-11-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:42 PM   #64  

thanks Bobbie,I think shes cute too,and talented, that picture is my sil Chad.Turkey crunch casserole you can vary the amounts according to how many are going to eat it. you can use turkey,ham,or beef for the protein

chunked up turkey( for steve and I use 2 c
celery at least 1 c
onion 1/2 c
1 can mushrooms drained
hard boiled eggs cut in 4ths ( I used 4 eggs)
1 can mushroom soup 1/2 can water
1/2 c best foods mayo (not miracle whip)
1 bag chow mein noodles (not he kind you boil but the bready kind you sprinkle on top of Chinese food.

mix all except eggs and noodles. gentley stir in eggs top with noodles
bake 350 for 1 hr I use soy sauce on top.

sounds strange with the eggs but its really tasty. also good with ham as a breakfast or brunch dish. rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 04-08-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:36 AM   #65  

Height: 5'3"

Going thru withdrawal tonight. I have eaten but not hi glycemic stuff. Did get one too many carbs at dinner but otherwise op though still not healthiest.

Breakfast
Mocha frappe made with almond milk and added fiber -no PB - protein and carb
2 sl bacon ( FYI my bacon is almost always uncured)

Lunch
Beef & bean chimi - protein & carb
Salad - free
Mayo - 1 T- fat

Dinner
Meatloaf 1serv - protein
Hash browns abt 1/4 cup
Garlic bok Choy -at least a cup - free
Mocha frappe with almond milk - carb (whoops) & fat

Eve
Bacon 2sl protein
3/4 oz pepper cheese - fat (0r vice versa lol)
Celery - free but calling my carb

Calories and carbs great but only 13 gm fiber

Last edited by maryea; 04-09-2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 06:55 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Turkey breast was on sale here too. I bought one but it's for Easter so I will have something else to offer besides ham. For some reason, I think turkey tastes better when you cook the whole bird. Rosie, I will try your turkey crunch recipe with leftovers.

That's a cute pic of your granddaughter and her date. They look so young and innocent.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:48 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

What a wonderful morning. Sun is shining so bright. House is all picked up. 1 load of laundry left. Drum roll!!!!!!! Today is weigh in day! Down another 2 lbs. yay for me. Loving this food plan. Ok enough bragging. Lol.
Last night dh brought home a sack of crawfish to boil. The weather turned nasty on us. We had whipping rain and wind. It turned cold on us. We brought the crawfish into the house to eat it. I had to wipe everything down with mr clean to freshen up. Both our sons and their gf's came to eat with us. We shared a lot of laughs sitting around the dinner table. That youngest son of ours is a clown. He always has stories that will make me giggle.

Mary so far I don't have any trouble with snacking after supper. I guess I'm satisfied so far.

Rosey congrats to your granddaughter. Sounds like you're enjoying your lady cave!!!

Waiting for the exterminator. ( I hate bugs). He sprays every other month. Dh can't understand why I keep paying him to spray. He said I never see any bugs in here. I said that's the point of him spraying. He's here gotta go.
Cajun
Old 04-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #68  

Height: 5'3"

Well even though I didn't eat carb last night my bs was even higher than usual this morning. Doesn't seem to matter whether I eat in the evening or not. I've tried a little carb and that didn't help either. It starts me out high and sometimes carries over to the next reading, but after that it's usually better. I notice too that after a few days of overeating (usually evenings) it is higher for a while and takes at least the same number of days to get it doing better again. Even though I still am not consistent, I do notice that I am more and more motivated to do better with my eating and bs and feel I'm learning all the time. Tomorrow I go to the doctor for my Medicare Health Assessment, not quite sure what all that will entail. I think it is more about updating my records than anything but I'm hoping it may help with my communication with my doctor. Sometimes I'm amazed at what he puts in his notes and wonder does he listen at all!

Went to the gym this morning and this time I walked/jogged in the middle lane only going to the outer lane to pass. I think I got my mile in in 12 laps doing it that way. Then I rode the bike for 17 min. on 10. Only did one weight machine and forgot to do the hand bike (for my shoulder/arm) as dh was done so we left. I was tired but I do feel more energized now. We stopped for groceries before coming home.

The guy came to measure the door way for the security door and we asked all our questions...and we now realize it's going to be a much bigger project than we thought. So we are going to wait and save and shop for what we really want. It will be the inner door, frame and all plus the outside door and side light. After hearing him describe how the security door will fit I'm not even sure I want one. May just go with a good quality screen/storm door. Our neighborhood is not high crime and we have our wireless security system plus security lights etc outside. I even have a sensor in the house that lets me know when someone approaches the house. I call it my ting, ting! Only problem it is so sensitive, it will go off even when a cat crosses our yard!

So I've got a new savings project. Good timing as I've already got enough for dh's teeth and am going to put it in a termshare savings until he is ready. So now I'll start on this. It's pretty easy to save since we have no debt but we also allow for fun too. We have booked a FF flight to DC for later on this year and we also plan to drive up to Niagara Falls on same trip, so I'm saving for that too. It's funny, I used to love to spend and now I love to plan and save! Does this mean I'm finally a grown up

So far my eating is ok - not perfectly 1-1-1 but I use my own judgement about some things....like if 1 t. syrup is ok on pancakes why not 1 t brown sugar on oats?

breakfast
oatmeal with 1 t.br sugar - carb
1 cup nf milk -protein
1 T pecans - fat

am snack - 3 tiny samples vegetable chips - the carb is so minimal on these I didn't count, however it probably didn't help with getting my bs down.

lunch (bs finally down)
pb mocha frappe - protein, carb, fat - I broke the pitcher on my blender last night and can't find one like it on the Oster parts store so am now using my little
hand blender. Actually liked it even better without the ice all crunched up...it's not a frozen frappe, just blended and the tastes are stronger.

Cajun - I want your energy! I love a clean house and right now i don't feel I have one One thing I don't like about sunny weather...all the dirt shows! I have a load of laundry in and another to go but not much more than that done. With the evening eating, Cajun, I don't honestly think I'm physically hungry...it's just habit but I do kinda feel like I'm going through withdrawal. If I get away from the TV it's easier as it's associated with that.

Need to get busy so will just say hi to all the rest of you GGs!!

Last edited by maryea; 04-09-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #69  
Bobbi

I'm still without my computer, typing this on a tablet. It's too much work counting calories without my Fitday, my tablet doesn't have it. Sooooooooo, I'm just eating light until I get my Fitday back.

Rosie...the recipe sounds good but I can't eat cream of mushroom soup. MSG...gives me really bad migraines. I can make cream of soups from scratch but so much work. I wish they made canned cream soups without that flavor enhancer.

We're tearing up the bathroom, the only room we were going to leave. The ceramic tile had an odor to it that no bleach could solve. It's the original tile and the family that owned it had boys. Use your imagination, little boys don't always aim right and I think the grout must be saturated with urine. DH took the sink/cabinet and toilet out two days ago. He then spent yesterday chipping out the ceramic tile and putting in a sub-floor. Today the new flooring will go in, and hopefully we'll get the toilet set up tomorrow. What a pain in the butt to run down to the basement to use the toilet. At least I'm getting some legs exercise on the stairs.

Guess what I did yesterday? Hung out laundry on the clothes lines, right next to a big snowbank. (It was in the high 60's)

I picked up some fresh strawberries yesterday, made a really good dessert with them. Since I can't eat chocolate, I use carob to make sugarfree chocolate pudding. The calories are really low because I make it with unsweentened almond milk. (30 calories per 8 oz) I cut up some strawberries, topped it with carob pudding and sugar-free/fat free cool whip.

Today I'm digging out the deck table/umbrella/chairs and
hanging out another load of laundry. Oh happy days, spring is here.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:27 AM   #70  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I just want to post a quick update on my eating.. I am so swamped with cleaning for Passover and it brings back memories of how I usually handle Passover cleaning.. I used to "reward " myself as I cleaned by nibbling on nuts and raisins -but nuts and raisins add up to over consumption and then it activated my desire to consume carbs/cakes/sugar /booze.... But not this year.. I am now sipping on tea and keeping my meals planned.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:32 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
Rosie...the recipe sounds good but I can't eat cream of mushroom soup. MSG...gives me really bad migraines. I can make cream of soups from scratch but so much work. I wish they made canned cream soups without that flavor enhancer.
Pacific Natural Foods Organic Cream of Mushroom, or if you aren't quite that picky... Campbells Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom has no MSG - and cheaper than Pacific Natural which is organic AND totally gluten free - Campbell's has gluten from wheat flour and possibly the modified starch too.

Liana

BTW, turkey breast is wonderful on the barbeque. You can google Michael Smith (Canadian Chef from Food Network) for some good easy recipes.

Last edited by canadjineh; 04-10-2014 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Added turkey breast info
Old 04-10-2014, 01:06 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies from a warm gorgeous Louisiana!!! Sun is shining. Nothing too much going on. Yesterday afternoon I went to the chiropractor to get aligned. I was pretty straight he said. I'm on a maintance plan wher I go every 6 to 8 weeks just to stay aligned. When I got back I grilled burgers on the grill while dh sprayed the grass along the fence and ditches, house and barns. I'm thinking we will tackle the outside of the house this weekend.
Diet is going good.

No time for personals. Hi to all.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 04-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default Signs of spring

Driving back from town today, I noticed that the 'bovine-processed crop enrichment program' is going on in the hay & corn fields today (aka manure spreading). Pewwweee! Had to hold my breath for the last 10 minutes of the drive lol.

Oh well, it just means spring is 'officially here.' There are trade offs to living in the country... I've been in big cities and out in the country, I like features of both, I must say. I'm happy to do city things in the city (theatre, fancy restaurants, concerts) and country things in the country (listening to the birds & frogs, long walks, mountain biking up behind our place on the forestry roads, nude sunbathing on the roof of the house -on the side facing away from our closer neighbours lol).

Hope your spring is going according to plan and you all find some joy.
Liana
Old 04-10-2014, 06:41 PM   #74  
Bobbi

Liana ...do you have a can of soup in your cabinets now? If so, please check the label and see if any of the following are in it. Sometimes they hide MSG in foods by listing them under other names.

Names of ingredients that always contain processed free glutamic acid or Mono-sodium Glutamate

Glutamic acid (E 620)2
Glutamate (E 620)
Monosodium glutamate (E 621)
Monopotassium glutamate (E 622)
Calcium glutamate (E 623)
Monoammonium glutamate (E 624)
Magnesium glutamate (E 625)
Natrium glutamate
Anything “hydrolyzed”
Any “hydrolyzed protein”
Calcium caseinate, Sodium caseinate
Yeast extract, Torula yeast
Yeast food, Yeast nutrient
Autolyzed yeast
Gelatin
Textured protein
Whey protein
Whey protein concentrate
Whey protein isolate
Soy protein
Soy protein concentrate
Soy protein isolate
Anything “protein”
Anything “protein fortified”
Soy sauce
Soy sauce extract
Anything “enzyme modified”
Anything containing “enzymes”
Anything “fermented”
Anything containing “protease”
Vetsin
Ajinomoto
Umami
Old 04-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #75  
Bobbi

Names of ingredients that often contain or produce processed free glutamic acid during processing: Natural flavors is a biggie!

Carrageenan (E 407)
Bouillon and broth
Stock
Any “flavors” or “flavoring”
Natural flavor
Maltodextrin
Oligodextrin
Citric acid, Citrate (E 330)
Anything “ultra-pasteurized”
Barley malt
Malted barley
Brewer’s yeast