Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 10:32 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello to all. Donna, have you tried more music with the glider you use? I also used to put in a good movie on TV in front of mine and get lost in the movie and before I knew it I was exercising!! I LOVED watching Dirty Dancing while I was on it.... Patrick Swayzee was just too YUMMY!!

Gayle, hope you aren't puttin in so many hours that you burn yourself out. AND I am really hoping you are on the clock when you put in thoseextra hours. Even so that is a lot.. Doesn't leave you much time for you and family.

Bobbi, any news on the house? I hate playing the game..

Hi Rosy, I would totally freeze to be in Alaska in the winter... but I would love to see it some time. My brother and his family lived on Kodiak Island for about 2 years many years ago.. They had lots of stories when they came home.

Carbie, I hope you feel better soon. My hubby and I passed that bug back and forth almost the whole month of January!! Here is to a healthy February!!

Karen-- that is cold for you! WOW!! We are sitting at 28 right now. Should have 50's for the next several days!

Cajun, sounds like you are always staying busy and enjoy family time too. Love getting to spend more time with mine

Deelee-- it is a tough time taking care of parents and sometimes it seems so thankless-- but you ARE appreciated and loved.

Hello to any and all that I have missed.. I'm still pluggin along and trying to keep this plan going. I can't believe all the things that I thought that I would crave....I woke up wanting a slimfast shake!! Guess it could be worse but I still didn't cave... I don't know if it is determination, will power or just plain stubborness but whatever works.

Have a great night and enjoy your Superbowl weekend!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Donna - I gotta hand it to ya, exercising even though you are in pain. Even though you think your exercise would be an embarassment, it's doing that hip some good to be getting some movement. Keep it up! Any exercise however small is better than sitting in the recliner.

My little Maltese is so funny! DH eats cereal with warm milk every night before he goes to bed. It's either Cream of Wheat or Corn Flakes. My dog ignores the Cream of Wheat, but when it's Corn Flakes he's over there begging for some. (and he gets it!) I don't know how he knows what he has in that bowl....I guess he goes by the smell. And what's wrong with the Cream of Wheat, anyway!! LOL
Old 02-02-2013, 09:52 AM   #18  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning girls...
KarenMo...we have another showing on Tuesday from another interested party, don't know if they are new people or someone taking a second look. DH didn't ask, if I'd talked to the realtor I'd be nosey enough to ask. Duh This realtor has been here before so it might be a 2nd showing to the same people?

Carol Sue...no, I don't post my menus but we have in the past. Some of us thought posting our menu would help keep us on track, it did for me. I can't remember who else in our group did that? The thread went by the way side and forgotten. Below is yesterday's menu, unfortunately it's on the low side again. I really need to get it up to 1200 calories but I get full way too fast.
I make up 7 homemade yogurts in my yogurt maker and make up 7 breakfast packets so I don't have to fool around gathering everything up every morning.
Breakfast packet: 114 calories (Fiber One 59 cal - Chia seeds - 20 cal - flax seeds - 35 cal)
4 oz. Applesauce with stevia and cinnamon 49 cal
yogurt 57 cal
1 tsp blackstrap molasses for 1st cup of coffee 16 cal (helps with restless legs)
Total Breakfast 236 calories

Lunch: whatever homemade veggie soup I have. It was curried zucchini/onion soup on Monday.
10 oz soup 53 calories. I'm not usually hungry because of my big breakfast but eat it anyway.

Around 2 pm I start to get hungry and slurp down a huge shake so thick I can eat it with a spoon.
4 oz. skim milk, icy cold 40 cal
4 oz. soy milk, icy cold 35 cal
carob powder 24 cal (I mix this with a little water and freeze it in ice cube trays)
frozen banana 46 calories
1/2 tray ice cubes or 7 ice cubes. (This is what makes it so thick)
Almond extract and stevia to taste
Total snack 145 calories

Supper:
3 oz. lean pork loin, all fat removed (I had 5 oz on my plate to begin with but couldn't eat it all so put 2 oz back.) Eyes bigger than my stomach
Lots of Mixed veggies, 53 calories ( potato, carrots, celery, etc) I picked out the potatoes and fed to Charlie my dog. I'm allergic to potatoes, I break out in fat all over my body.
Cole Slaw 21 calories (too full for more than a tad)
Room for pie? you betch ya as we say in Minnesota.
Key lime pie with icky Fiber One crust 78 calories
Sugar Free Cool Whip, double serving 30 calories
Total supper 359 calories

Evening snack, huge bowl of popcorn. 50 grams popped at 3.6 calories per gram= 180 calories. I pick out the old maids and just weigh the edible popcorn so it's accurate.
Total calories for yesterday 972 and 41 grams of fiber. The big amount of fiber I eat is what keeps me full all day. No, I don't get hungry on this plan.
I don't measure the water I drink all day but very necessary with all that fiber. It can backfire and constipate you without the water. BE WARNED!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-02-2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #19  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Bobbi ~ did you say one time that you use the hullless popcorn? I like popcorn and it would be a good filler, but those hulls get in my teeth/gums ~ and now always in a place where floss will get it out. I found some on Amazon, but the reviews were mixed and it was kind of pricey, so I was kind of hesitant to try it.

Hello to everyone else. Off to work. Hoping for getting off on time ~ time will tell.

It is beautiful sun shiney. Hope you all have a good weekend.

Take care
Old 02-02-2013, 10:23 AM   #20  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola!

Rosey – I’m anxious to see pictures of your wall hangings project. You always do fun and innovative things! I hope Mr. Crank is better!

Dee – doesn’t the recumbent bike hurt your knees and/or back? It’s such an odd position that I’ve never wanted to try one.

CK – you know that I’ve listened to the Guy Penrod CDs and some other pop CDs while I’m gliding through life, and it doesn’t matter. I still hate, hate, hate it!

Bobbi – did you have any news, good or bad, about the house yesterday? Oh...just saw your later post… I love that you say you’re allergic to potatoes, that you break out in fat! HAHAHA You do have a good sense of humor! Good luck with the next house showing!

Thanks, CarolSue – and you’re right that any exercise is better than none (sigh!). Yesterday morning I heard a “drip drip”, looked up, and saw that the elbow connecting the pipe from the sink to some other pipe is corroded. If I hadn’t been downstairs whining, I wouldn’t have noticed it until it burst. I have a call in to the plumber, which is how I want to spend a Saturday! I think I just found one (ONE!) benefit, yes?

The weight is coming off. I’m down almost 4# in 9 days, and I’m very happy. I was thinking “candy, cake, cookies, crap carbs” last night and took Rie’s advice to eat SALAD. I have a huge bag in the refrigerator and am using that to solve my craving de jour. I’m happy with SparkPeople… and so far, so good!

Better shower, just in case the plumber shows up. The computer guy still hasn’t roto-rooted the computer, but it’s only been a week that I’ve been waiting on him. I wonder how these people stay in business???? Customer service sucks anymore! I hate to keep calling, because I think that probably pushes me to the end of the line!

Anyway, have a lovely weekend! Later!

Last edited by jess1; 02-02-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:58 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning from a chilly Florida. Down in low 30's again last night. Dh has our fruit trees wrapped up in old quilts....cheap old ones not handmade. Yard looks lovely with the quilt packages in multi colors. Trees are small enough they are still caged and wrapping is easy. Azaleas are still blooming (since Nov) Pointsettias are still blooming and I want tullips and daffys..can't grow them. Like Phil I didn't see a shadow and am ready for Spring.

Bobbi...hope that is a return couple and they are ready to buy. I crossed my fingers and my eyes for luck.

Rosey....hmmmm Better to call him Mr Cranky than Mr Pants or we'd get evil ideas....snicker

Gayle....sometimes you are too nice to everyone but yourself. It is reaching a point where you are going get so tired that your health will suffer. GIRL, You have got to learn to say NO or at least NO MORE! Nurses never learn that and you are taught to stay until you are covered. Damn I can remember some would you believe 32 hr days? What I'm saying I have walked in your shoes and now am acting like your mama so chickie listen to me!

Karen....weekends are SB killers. Plan your after church brunch carefully. I usually pull up the menu online and pick out what is friendly. Be good.

Donna....Leak and Saturday plumber don't sound anything but expensive! Sorry!

Flew by yesterday on my way to bridge. Some one must have sent me a kiss for good luck because we had a awesome game (60%) and came in first. Had about 20 tables so it was fun. Thank you for the smack.

Think I'll go get some fresh fish for dinner. Broil/roast a bunch on vegies. Use the leftovers for a fabulous omelett in the morning. k3

Last edited by Karen3; 02-02-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #22  
Donna

KarenFL - I spent two weeks' wages, but I have new pipes going from the kitchen sink downstairs to whatever-they're-attached to, new elbow connectors to both, a new kitchen faucet (no more damn DRIP!), AND one computer has been roto rooted. I heard a "ding" just a second ago, so maybe he's working on computer #2 now. I'm anxious to find out what he's found! I can't have my credit cards being hacked!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #23  

Hi everyone. another long nite with steve up and down.its impossible for him to be quiet,and once im awake i have trouble going back to sleep,watched alot of law and order in the wee hrs. Bobbie i used to belong to the posting what you eat daily. i found it very helpful.so i plan to post my foods as it keeps me on track. you are amazing in keeeping to your low calories happy weekend everyone and if you watch the super bowl low cal snacking allowed rosey

yesterdays food

breakfast
coffee
early lunch
tuna salad on 2 wasa bread crackers
dinner
beef vegie soup
snack
100 cal bag popcorn and my coffee mocha
one chocolate heart

today
breakfast
coffee with pumpkin spice coffee mate
early lunch
1 egg omelette with ham,cheese and vegies
Dinner
macaroni chix salad 1 cup on lettuce
snack
cinamom rice cake with a smear of p butter
coffee mocha( made with diet and sugar free products 65 calories)

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-02-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:22 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Donna - Glad to hear you got your pipes fixed. We have a local plumber who's logo is "Don't Go To Bed With That Drip Tonight." I love that!

I have 1 credit card that I use for anything I order from the computer and that's all I use that credit card for. If I get hacked, they can only get 1 credit card. I've only had one problem and that was right after I signed up for PayPal. The CC company took the loss, and I instantly cancelled PayPal. You can't be too careful.

Bobbi - I now understand why you are able to control your weight and are so healthy. That is a very good menu....one that I could not stick to! I don't have the willpower. But I commend you for it! Do you eat your breakfast packet dry? Or do you mix it into your yogurt.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #25  

I finally gave in this morning and had a Slimfast Shake! I guess I could have craved worse things. But I also didn't realize that I have a whole gallon of fat free milk in the Fridge that is going to expire on the 7th... hate wasting things! But after weighing this morning I am down 5.7 pounds since January 22. Still not down to my ticker yet but getting there. So today I didn't have much as far as calories go since I didn't eat breakfast until after 10:00 (hard to fit three meals in when you sleep that late!) But this is what I had and I'm satisfied.

Breakfast: Slimfast Shake (Royal Chocolate) powder
fat free milk and put a banana in it.

No lunch: but did have 15 cashews about 2:00 before going to the store.

Supper: a big salad with lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes and celery with a hard boiled egg and shredded chedder cheese with a fat free Otts salad dressing.

My calories come to only 542 right now but I will probably have some kind of a snack later.

Last edited by Karen31; 02-02-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #26  

Hey Donna I just finished watching season3 episode 4. Ahhhh Charlie's gone and Lady Edith has been published. Tomorrow night it will on tv and I'll be watching like everyone else. Soooooo good.

Karen...you need more calories or your body will shut down the losting mode. You can have the shake with ff milk and on level2 the banana is okay. Don't get hungry and eat freq to keep your blood sugar even....nope don't mean you are a diabetic just South Beaching.

Bobbi...I restarting increasing my fiber. I have been drinking so much water than I can't sleep for needing bathroom runs.....thanks I guess.

night all k3
Old 02-02-2013, 11:12 PM   #27  

Karen, I would be starting phase 2 on Wednesday so guess I just jumped the gun a bit.. I usually do have more calories this was a staange day since I got up so late. But it sure felt good sleeping late too-- just can't get three meals in from 10:00 to 6:00!! Most days are closer to 1000
Old 02-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #28  

Karen a wee jump onto level 2 is fine....as long as it didn't start up the carb cravings. I stay on level 1.5 because full level 2 and I'm dying for carbs like crackers. chips and sweet snacks. Adjust to what works for you and your life style.....k3
Old 02-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #29  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning GG's,

Yippee ~ sun shine. Got out on time last night.

Off to work soon ~ hope you all have a wonderful day

Take care

K3 ~ is your heart behaving and not doing anymore funky stuff?

Last edited by glynne; 02-03-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:32 AM   #30  
Donna

Good Morning, All…

Beautiful day!

Rosey – sorry Steve is having problems that are interfering with your sleep! Not good! And good luck with your weight regimen! I’m pretty pleased that we’re all seemingly sticking to our programs; I think this is a really good thing!

CarolSue – “don’t go to bed with that drip tonight”! Great slogan! I was able to call all my automatic payment companies and get the new credit card updated with a person, except for PayPal! They will not “touch” a customer’s credit card, period. So, I won’t be using a credit card when I buy things via PayPal. It was weird trying to do this, because the response was , universally, to “go online and update your information there.”

CK – you’re doing really well with your weight loss! Keep up the good work! How’s your sister doing with hers?

Gayle – I thought the other day was your “Friday”… I think you must work at that place every day! I sure hope they appreciate you! And thanks for asking about KarenFL’s heart…. I’ve meant to do that and have been remiss.

So, KarenFL – are you FibFree? I'm so glad you're loving DA and are now caught up... but I can't quite place Charlie. Who is he and where did he go?

I love my new kitchen faucet. It used to wait until I was just outside the room before it would drip, made me CRAZY. This is lovely! And I love my new toaster, too, which actually has a lever that stays down and TOASTS things, too. Ah, life is good! I haven’t talked to the ComputerGod yet, and I’m eager to know what he found. Simple pleasures, my friends, simple pleasures!

Everyone, have a good one! Later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1; 02-03-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Closed Thread