Old 12-03-2012, 09:50 PM   #331  

S/C/G: 329/254.6/180?

Height: 5'4"

Jo Glad to hear your son is home and on the mend.

Gail I can so relate to sometimes being satisfied and other times wanting it all.

WI lost 2.6
pluckypear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #332  

Just had dinner - lean ground chicken, zucchini, onion, garlic, mushrooms and tomato sauce. DH had rice and butter chicken.

No pool again today. I will be lucky to get two hours of exercise in this week. I will go tomorrow and Friday.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #333  
Happy Member

It's been too windy for a walkabout in the neighborhood recently, but hopefully the wind will die down tomorrow when we are expecting some snow. I've been putting up Christmas decorations and doing some much-needed house cleaning.

PP - Hope you make it to the pool soon. That's such good exercise.

Am2 and Gail - Hang in there. Minor gains and losses in weight are just part of the healthy eating & weight loss process. You'll get to where you are going if you just keep at it.

In fact, let's all just keep at it - that's the solution.

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 12-04-2012 at 08:43 PM.
JoJoJo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:51 PM   #334  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I had errands today. I parked the car at Kmart and walked to my insurance agent and back - about 1.25 miles.

So far, so good with the eating.

Maybe tomorrow I will get out the Christmas decorations.

The little dog we are babysitting found an old bone out in the yard. She brought it in and has been protecting it from the cats, who are not impressed.
gailr42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #335  

Gail LOL love the story about the dog with the bone. I do so miss having a dog but love my two kitties something awful. Good job on the walking.

Jo My decorations are up and it feels good to see them especially in the evenings when we turn off the lights and light up the xmas tree.

I am going to the pool soon and will make it there Friday morning too. Next week I hope to get three sessions in.

Tonight I am baking a chicken with lemon and garlic. I will make brown rice for DH and a pile of cauliflour. I love cauliflour. I will add some onions and garlic to the cauliflour. I am finding I do not usually need rice, pasta or potatos with dinner anymore. But I will have sweet potatos soon for dinner. Certainly for Christmas dinner. Yum.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #336  

PP, congrats on the 2.6 lbs!!! I didn't see it the first time I read your post. Great work.

Jo, I hope all is going well with your son's recovery.

My neighbor gave me some beets and butternut squash. I cut them up along with some sweet potatoes I already had and added wedges of red onion and some garlic. I measured out 1 tablespoon of olive oil and, using my pastry brush, "painted" the surfaces of the veggies with the oil and added salt and pepper. I put the mix on a half sheet pan and roasted them at 400* until they were soft. This made a lot of veggies - probably at least six servings, so the amount of oil per serving is pretty small. This stuff was really, really good. The beets were so sweet they could have been candy. I am treating this mix like a potato, calorie-wise, so I can't eat them all at once, but they are going to be a wonderful side dish.

We got some d'Anjou pears. I only know Bartlett pears, but these d'Anjous were fantastic. I used half a pear along with a few grapes and some onion and put it all over a bed of lettuce. I broke up a wedge of Blue Cheese flavor laughing cow over the fruit and used my low-cal pear dressing on the salad. Fantastic!

I really like genuine Blue Cheese, but the Laughing Cow makes quite an acceptable substitute.

So...today I ate well, but a little too much because I tasted too much of the roasted root vegetables. I didn't exercise unless you count reorganizing my freezer and being on my feet all day.

The dogs dined on a couple of different meat dishes that I deemed to have been in the freezer too long. They were happy campers.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:38 PM   #337  

Gail Thankyou.
The roasted veggies sound delicious.

I had my lemon chicken, the breast with no skin and cauliflower. I had some yogurt with fruit for desert.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #338  
Empress/Queen

Hi, all! Had exhausting day lol and now am wide awake, just dropping in.

PP, love your Christmas kitty avatar. So cute.

Gayle, that is also cute about the dog finding a bone and the way she cherishes it and protects it. So sweet.

JoJo, glad you had a chance to get your Christmas decorations up. That is always fun.

I have decorations for all holidays all year round on my front porch and yard. I had to get a new Santa this year as my aged one finally fell and broke. I was lucky to have happened to be in KMart a few weeks ago and found an old-fashioned, 1950s style plastic one like the one I had for 18 years, so am a happy camper again. I don't light him up, just sits there in the Arizona sun all year. Once a little boy who used to live next door looked came over to me in July and said, "Do you know it isn't Christmas?" Lol, I said I did. He then stared at the Santa and looked at me doubtfully and walked away.

I am now on a quest to reach the 120s by year end. All desire to be at 125 on January 6 is now focused on this goal just to be in the 120s by the new year.

I am not doing anything too differently, my inspiration for what I am calling The Wonder Diet comes from a little book called The Simple Diet, products and/or plans by Wonderslim, Medifast, Ideal Protein, Slim-Fast, Southbeach Diet and Weight Watcher's 360. I am making changes in how I think and spend my time (my last 3FC blog post rambles on about that).

Need to go round up dog and go back to bed. Bye all1
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #339  

Amarantha lol I would not mind seeing Santa on my neighbour's porch all year long. It is fun to be festive. hope you got back to sleep.

Had a good breakfast and will have soup for lunch. I am not sure about dinner but I have cauliflower to use up.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:13 AM   #340  
Happy Member

Good Morning - We had chili for supper last night, and tonight's supper will be stuffed green peppers, cauliflower salad, veggie relishes.

The house is all decorated now, and looks very festive.

Amarantha2, I keep my little blinking lights on the front deck all year long, plus we have a little wooden nativity that is always hanging on our wall. I think it is great to have the spirit of Christmas in our hearts always.

Gail - I like all different varieties of pears myself. Sounds like your dogs are dining well these days. LOL

PP - I make "fake" mashed potatoes, and "fake" potato salad out of cauliflower. And of course I like it raw on a relish tray.

Let's keep at it.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:35 PM   #341  

I love the idea of making "potato" salad from cauliflower. I keep meaning to buy some...I haven't had it very often, but I like it.

I have a headache and a sore throat. I fear that I am coming down with the nasty thing that my friend had. Not so much fun.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #342  

Jo I will have to try the faux potato salad with cauliflower.

Gail hope you can fight the cold off.

For dinner I had chickpeas, tomato sauce, onions, garlic and cauliflower sauteed with gar am masala. I had one cup of brown rice too.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #343  
Happy Member

Good Afternoon:

Gail - We like to share things with friends, etc., but not germs and virus problems. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

PP - I'm sure you would like the fake cauliflower salad, and there are other recipes available, too.

Amarantha2 - I think it is great to keep a holiday spirit in your heart all year around. And best of luck to you on your quest to get yourself into the 120s by the first of the year.

Tomorrow is a Christmas brunch, and I am taking breakfast cookies to the event. Since I am president of the group I do have to be prepared for everything, and I guess I am. It'll be fun, Christmas events are always fun.

And I promise to stick to my healthy eating plan. LOL

Last edited by JoJoJo2; 12-07-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #344  
Empress/Queen

Gail, hope your cold goes away soon. Not fun at Christmas time.

JoJo, a brunch sounds fun. I love brunch. Breakfast cookies are such a good idea. Good for you for staying with your healthy eating plan.

Plucky Pear, your dinner sounds tasty. I have had faux cauliflower mashed potatoes & faux cauliflower potato salad & love them.

I am lying on sofa watching The Rifleman lol, a little tired. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #345  

Hi all.

Had veggie ground with lot's of veggies for dinner. I want to go to bed early tonight. I went to the pool today, did some Christmas shopping, finished three loads of laundry, wrapped gifts, changed linens, made dinner and now dishes. Woo hoo

Jo I have a brunch tomorrow too.