Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #301  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Okay, here's the link to the page Bobbi and CK mentioned... you'll have to play with it a little. The email had it all nicely set out for us! http://www.oldiestelevision.com/

Rie - did you get your trailer or did one of the owner's shiftless relatives snatch it up?

I'm at work, basically wasting her money! Potty break, then lunch, then maybe I'll get something done!! I'm just so glad for the a/c!

Later, lovelies! Stay cool.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #302  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hey goldies. How was everyones weekend? Mine was tough. The devil was on my shoulders tempting me all weekend. I listened too. I made dh a snickers cake I found on pinterest and it bothered me all day yesterday. I should have sat with a piece and enjoy it but no I snitched a bite here and there all afternoon and felt guilty with every bite. I gave away most of it away. There is a small amount left and today it's not bothering me so I will try again. Can't give up. It seem like I do really well on weekdays but my weekends are messing me up. Even a small amount of mess-up is enough to stop my weight loss. I need to dig real deep and find the strength to say no on weekends also. I'm so scared I will give up.
It looks like florida is getting the tropical storm instead of Louisiana or Texas. We got lucky this time but I know Florida is not having it easy. I wish they would just stay out at sea and hurt no one.
Hot hot hot over here in Louisiana. They said 101 degrees. Unbearable!

Gayle I know the feeling about temptation. It's so hard. We cany give up. We can do this.

Rosy I'm glad your ss meeting went well. Things are so expensive today. It takes all we make to survive.

Dee I love the family outings but hate the temptations.

Maryea how's the cramping in your legs? I can relate to a lot of things in your book.

Jane welcome I would love a trainer. I'm sure they would be harder on me than i am on myself.

Karen fl I would love to have one of those wives too or a maid would do. Looks like you are getting the storm instead of us. I wish that on no one. Hope y'all dont get any tornadoes and flooding. Looks like gayle myself and you will have to worry about the hurricanes all summer. It's way too early for this. Hate to see what august and September will bring with this heat. The waters are hot. Sending prayers your way.

Jess1 I think fires are terrible. We are 101 today. Hot

Carol Sue how are you today?

Ginger congrats on your 7 lb loss. A loss is a loss. Keep up the good work.

Amarantha I hate when people you know come up to you and the first thing they say is " you lost weight how much". Why can't they say wow you've lost weight. You are looking good. But no they have to know the number of lbs. It's just like asking a person how much they weigh. Rude. I think.

Rie did you enjoy camping? I hope the muscle spasms didn't give you too much trouble.

Donna how was the retreat? Would love to hear about it.

Karen ms I agree fires are horrible. I hope they catch them.

Bobbi how are you today?

Freda know the feeling. Doing good but not on weekends. Had cake issues.

Isabella hi how are you?

Marie and Lucinda. How are y'all today?

Think that's everyone. Sorry if I missed anyone.
Stay safe and hugs to all.
Cajun
Old 06-25-2012, 02:54 PM   #303  

Height: 5'3"

Just got home from the gym. Had a good workout but my back is still stiff and sore from playing with the grandchildren. We will have them overnight tomorrow night so hopefully I'll get used to it with perhaps some adjusts made in what I do. The weather is supposed to be nice so hopefully we can have some fun outside. It will be their first time to spend the night without mama.

I got my comforter and 3 pillow shams back from the cleaners but the one sham is lost. They are going to make me one in a contrasting coloro (from one of the colors in design) to make up for it. I think it will look ok.

Freda I agree that corn chips are just too hard to resist to have around where I can see them or even know where they are! And I also agree with you Slm11...I really don't like it when my dh says that. I also don't like when he will pickup on ONE day when I overate and act like I've been doing that all week..omitting all the days when I ate well. At the same time I know it is hard to understand why I can't get my weight down and keep it down. If you don't have the problem, it's seems so simple...just don't eat so much!! That's how they think...grrrr...it's true but not so easy for me!

Cajun - I can SO relate with the cake situation! I would love to bake but it is just not safe for me. Maybe someday, I hope, but not yet. I have to stay focused. Going out to eat is bad enough. On Sundays we usually eat out...yesterday we went to Red Lobster...and I ate A LOT. I remembered Nancy and her one day a week pig-out meal and said ok, I can keep it just the one meal this time too. Of course for diabetics there is no such thing when it comes to the carbs. But at least I DID manage to keep my overeating to that one meal this time..PTL!! And my weight remained the same today. My legs aren't cramping these days, Cajun, (they do sometimes) but they are achy...better today though...mostly just my lower back and hips are stiff and sore now. I know it's from lifting my 3 year old grandaughter (she can walk but comes in for a hug and I tend to pick her up) and playing on the floor with my grandson. Funny how people want to hear how many pounds! I suppose some are excited for you but I can see where it could make you feel uncomfortable too. I would prefer they just tell me I look great...I am more than my weight, people!!!

Karen31 - Good luck with the hot tub. Be sure it is safe! Things are never quite as easy as they seem are they? Should be very relaxing once you get it all set up though.

Rie - I've been thinking where has June gone too! The days just seem to fly by. At least you have summer there...we really haven't even had any summer yet. But that is often the case here. We get a day or two of nice weather then back to cool and rainy (or at least cloudy), and usually it only gets hot mid July and August maybe. We usually get a least a couple weeks of really warm weather. Protein slows the rise of BS, so what you are saying makes sense. In fact if a diabetic does eat a high glycemic food it is best to eat it with protein for that reason. And of course you can eat fruit and should eat some as long as you count/measure your carbs/intake.

Amara - That's why I'm glad we have this forum....at least it is one place where you know others understand your difficulties with eating and weight struggles.

Lucinda - Good to hear from you again!! As I read your comments I thought it is good to keep in mind that we are all different....I never have gotten comments from men on my weight loss (other than my dh) so never thought about being wierded out by it, but I guess I might be under some circumstances...depends on how they say it. I do remember when I once lost 33+ lbs getting some male attention when in a store and I didn't understand it, thought they were being weird. It was my dh who pointed out to me I was being admired. What!??? It had been that long except from my dh! But usually I love when anyone notices I have lost as long as it is sincere meaning I really have.

Glynne - It's ok to maintain, in fact it's great! I just maintained too and I'm just thankful I didn't gain. I had a few days when I didn't stick to my plan as well as I should have. Plus it's best to lose slowly...we want it to be a lifetime loss/plan. I know I will always have to work at this. Just don't let your frustration/disappointment cause you to drift back into bad habits...keep up your exercise routine, stick to your eating plan. Over time you/WE will see results.

HealthyGinger (love that name!!) - Congrats on the weightloss!! You are doing well!! It's always encouraging to hear from you.

Hi to all I missed, Donna, Karen3, Marie, hope you are well...

Last edited by maryea; 06-25-2012 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #304  

Hi everyone. its a rainy day here but we needed it. i had a really busy weekend,i read your posts but didnt have time for any posting.i had my grdd and her bff for the weekend,we went to dh former work summer picnic,sat nite we went to the car races and sunday we had 1 more dog added to our pet zoo for an overnite. shes a chiweenie and her person is a friend of ours who wanted to use gizmo for daddy sevices. she was interested but he wasnt. maybe hes to young i also cut out a quilt thats to be a xmas gift for my youngest grdd. she reminds me that she is the only one who doesnt have a big girl quilt lol. with so much going on my eating has been different. i made the mistake of drinkng some of my dh soda at the races and boy did i pay for that. sugar and i do not agree anymore. i have maintained but would like to loose another 30# so i can have my tummy tuck. donna i hate the hot weather too. alaskan weather is just my cup of tea. karen3 hope you are staying safe ttfn ((hugs)) for all rosey
Old 06-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening....Donna when you started talking about the weatherfools I chuckled but it is so accurate. Everybody is getting face time on tv talking up this wee storm. My kids just called because according to weatherfools.com we are buried under orange/red rain. It is barely drizzling and hasn't even done that most of the day. Debbie the TS is sitting on us and will be here awhile. So it is dreary and drippy. The clothes I washed and hung up to dry won't dry even under the a/c vent in the BR. There are no hugh thunder storms or blow rain. The power outages are from droopy palms laying on wires. What worrys me is when a real storm comes people will ho-hum it!

Rosie...we had a dog once they wanted to use for stud and had Dh take him to the vets for sperm check. After that everytime Dh got in the truck the dog was there with a big grin and a pack of cigarettes in his mouth. Yup the vet that! Honest truth(well maybe not the ciggies).

Karen...Can I come test that hot tub? pleaseeee.

Maryea....I would be real hard to please if the replacement doesn't match perfectly and ask for cash instead. or whole new set. Be Firm!

Rie...Summer halfover in Mt???? Thought it hadn't even started yet.

Okay who told me about "Knight in Shining Armor?"
I bought it 6/4 so one of you told me...sorry Freda. Looked back and can't find the note....

Time to kick back and watch some more Monarch of the Glen....before the lights flip off...k3
Old 06-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hello everyone! It 100 degrees here and that is hot!! We got the hot tub all set up and filled. And then found out there are two small leaks in it. The one we can drain it down just a couple inches and then we could be able to patch the leak. The other is yep-- you guessed it-- almost to the bottom! It needs to get drained and get the leaks fixed and have it right. Tim hadn't put the sides back on yet so we can get that done.. Still need to wait for it to cool of again--the outside temp. not the hot tub.

Karen you are Welcome to come and jump in any time!! So glad that the storm isn't too bad there right now.. Keep a close eye on it and keep us updated.

Rosey, right now your Alaska sounds pretty nice--- but I wouldn't like it in the Winter!

Mary, congrats on that new grandbaby!! When do you get to go see her?

Cajun, we all deal with that devil!! I keep thinking it will get easier but then he rears his ugly head again!!

Donna, can I join in your "I hate Summer" campaign! Stay safe with all those fires. I heard there were 5 more started this afternoon in the Lake George/ Florissant area! I hope they catch who ever is doing this... Loved that website you sent. Thanks

Bobbi,any bites on your house? I don't envy you going through that now. We still have half our garage taken up with stuff!!

Gayle, hope you are having a good week and thanks for the thump on my head to wake me up! Sometimes we all need that!

Hope everyone has a good night and I plan to sit here tonight and watch the Bachelorette!! I know-----just got to do it!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hot tub 43fc.jpg (30.6 KB, 3 views)
Old 06-25-2012, 09:34 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Attachment 42637

okay 8pm and high tide in 2hrs! k3

Last edited by Karen3; 05-23-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Stay safe Karen!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 10:25 PM   #309  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi all, I can honestly say I've been keeping up on the thread, at least reading it. I am admitting defeat and that my job has sapped all my time and posting is low on my priorities. I do have to agree with Rie that when something happens near my GGs, I think I hope she's ok. Like the nasty storm drizzling on Karen. The heat baking everyone but Mary and me as we keep having frost. Rosey please take the gulf of Alaska swirl of cold wetness back. Pretty please. Ginger, oh I so remember oprah's red wagon of fat. It's why whenever I lose a pound I picture a pound of butter. Love when there's lots in my vision. Donna, glad you survived the wedding and are enjoying works ac. The ac is good for not breathing the smokey air. Be safe. If you move here you'd be chilly. We have a fire going in the fireplace at the moment. That's about it from my memory. I must chime in on the "looking great comments" I hate them. I just don't want anyone commenting on my size or what I eat or don't eat. I think it's from years of being the fat introvert that has me very comfortable in not drawing any attention. Anyway, off I go. I will continue to lurk and hope that retirement comes soon but I don't want to wish my 50s away. I will make posting once a week a goal. Love you all. Take care everyone.
Marie
Old 06-26-2012, 12:48 AM   #310  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Hi goldens!

I am posting tonight because I just know that I won't have time tomorrow. I am so excited: I brought my camper home tonight. It is really cool and I am so happy with it. The best part... by the time my ds got there, I had it unhooked and I was just stowing the sway bars and etc. He laughed and said, "I guess you don't need much help!" I said, "that's the point" I even felt really comfortable towing it. Just like all the trailers I towed as a farm kid. I am looking forward to the next couple evenings of getting it stocked and organized. My mom said she bought new pillows for me. Isn't that a lovely gift? anyhooo. sorry - I am just really excited!

Karenfl, watching your weather and thinking good thoughts. A knight in shining armor (the time travel romance?) my favorite book. Johanna Lindsey is the author. Enjoy. Yup. it was 103 here today. Yuck. We ahve summer, just no spring. Seriously, last friday I had the heat on... today - well lets just say donna would have melted!

CaddyK, I am hoping that it will only be a minor repair to get your hot tub going. Nice that Tim is so handy.

Donna, we are getting haze from the CO fires. It must be bad down there. I hope they find the perpetrator. I love that you enjoy the AC at your job. don't you have it in your house? I don't think I could survive without it.

Marie, nice to hear from you. work sucks these days and I have so little time. Just nice to know that you are dropping in, even if you don't have time to post.

Mary, enjoy the grands. Sometimes playing with mine get me sore, also. I forget that I can't do some things anymore.

Rosey, I am on book two of the 50 shades series. Weird story but I can't stop reading it. Hmmmm.

Cajun, hang in there! I can't bake most things right now, either. The only way that I bake is if I know that I am taking it to a gathering. It can't stay in the house.

Gayle, it will get better - I promise! Talk to you soon.

Sorry, that's all I have time to write tonight. Sorry for missing folks. Later!

Rie
Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 AM   #311  

From 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle (paraphrased)

Today's reading was more about asking for kind of support you need at certain times (see below). Write it out and read to the people you need to support you.
What I want from you
If you see me eating something not on my diet plan
When I'm making progress, such as losing weight
When I'm struggling or gaining weight
When I'm making progress you can see (such as improving self-esteem)
When I've maintained my weight (even though I may still want to lose more)

Then appreciate good support and let them know you do. Don't set others up by hooking them with akward questions that they can't answer honestly.
Some examples: does this dress make me look fat? Can you tell if I've lost weight?, Does my fat stomach bother you?
Ok, I have to admit I'm guilty of this.

From If I'm so Smart, Why Can't I Lose Weight from Brooke Castillo (paraphrased)
Don't worry if you suck at exercise, are intimidated by machines and pace of classes. Life is not about being good at everything and only doing what we know how to do. Life can be about learning, growing and getting better each day. Don't use these things as an excuse not to try. Start where you are, encourage yourself each time, and you will build courage, overcome fear and develope your individual source of control. You aren't in the gym to prove anything to anyone else but yourself. The author talks about learning to play golf, something she says she sucked at and still isn't very good at but she wanted to enjoy it with her dh and decided she's rather be a player in the game than a spectator on the sidelines. You will never learn to be an expert at anything if you are not willing to suck at it first.

Hmmm...food for thought.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #312  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Old 06-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #313  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Gals. I'm so far behind. I haven't read or posted since page 17 and it's way past that by now. When I get a chance I'm going to go back and have a read and get caught up. I did see those very encouraging pictures of Donna2's wonderful weight loss. WTG, girl!

I was to another funeral last week and one yesterday...oh my. Both older gentlemen but missed none the less.

I'm at DS's house for a "holiday" of sorts. DGS is so cute and funny. He got in bed with us this morning and was doing animal noises. I should say one animal noise. DH would ask him what sound the cow, sheep, dog, etc would make and he'd snort like a pig for every sound and argue and laugh that it was the right sound.

My DS is tearing out his kitchen this week to make room for an all new kichen from top to bottom. None of this renovation business. When they bought the house the cupboards were in hard shape and this was planned for a long time. The cupboards will be custom made and installed by a contractor but DS and DH will be laying the floor while we are here. I hate this disruption to my life.

We received great news this weekend. DS#2 and DIL announced that they are pregnant and we'll be having a second GC in February. No exact date as yet but we should know that in a week or so. DS seems a bit unexcited about this news but he immediately bought a video baby monitor so I guess he's really excited. They live much closer to us so we'll see this gc much more than we do our little Boo.

Must go get some breakfast before they remove all the food from the cupboards and I'll have to hunt and gather what I can from the boxes, lol.

Love you all.
Old 06-26-2012, 09:41 AM   #314  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, All...

Rie - I AM almost melted! And, yes, I do have a swamp cooler at home, but as soon as it's turned off, the heat fills the house again. Sometimes, all brick is a detriment. Sleeping is a challenge, because I toss and turn on the sweaty sheets.... ENOUGH! We're apparently seeing 100+ as the norm. There's another outside event on Saturday afternoon. I'd so love to cancel... but I feel obligated.

Isabella - congrats on your newest gb! And your Boo sounds so cute!

Marie - I think I will move to your part of the world. SamCat and Beloved could commune in perfect harmony, and I might not be a witch (ahem) on wheels for the next couple of months.

The AZ contingent left GM's this morning. It's been great having them here, and they've been such a good help to her. I think she's ready to have her house back, though... not to mention having a "rest" during the day again.

Better get rolling. I have to stop by GM's on the way to work, so I need to lurch toward the shower for the daily lard lather.

Everyone, be cool!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:57 AM   #315  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good morning all,

Laundry in the works. Then headed out to go swim with Maddie. She wants to show me how she can swim under water now.

Staff meeting this afternoon. I don't mind that though. Usually they happen when I am working and I don't get to go. I like getting to hear first hand what is going on and hear the input of the others.

Got my daily dose of Grrrrr from DH. How can a smart man be so clueless and impossible? I don't like being a crabby old lady, but he just seems to rub me the wrong way so much of the time. Rosey ~ can I borrow your rolling pin?

Ok, enough of that ~ not gonna let ruin my day off.

Sun kind of comes and goes ~ it was 105 here yesterday. Thank goodness for air conditioning.

Donna ~ thank you for the smile today ~ I needed that. Lather the lard indeed ~ you crack me up

Hope you all have a nice day.

Take care
Closed Thread