Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #46  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

Yippee ~ made it to the day off. There are just not enough hours in the day. I seem to be on another one of those spells where I get out of work late. I get home, have supper while I check 3FC and FB, do a couple getting stuff ready for work the next day things, and my evening is gone. I am finding it hard to fit everything in. I am blessed to have friends and my sister and my mom to talk to. They are all retired though, and have endless (or it seems so to me) hours and wanting to talk. I love getting to talk with them, but can’t fit everything in like I would like to.

Last night ~ something weird ~ trying to work on the personals ~ had 3FC opened and was going back and forth ~ went back to it and can’t get in (Firefox) so tried on IE (can’t get in on that either). Grrrrr Well, it was probably for the best ~ I was having eye trouble

Chickadeee ~ where are you? Hope you are doing well.

Deelee ~ sorry you are feeling tired all the time. Glad you enjoyed the class at the health club.

Rie ~ sorry that that darn scale is being nasty to you. I probably have no right to make a comment (being that I haven’t had much success at this weight loss thing ever) but would it help at all to think of how much better you feel physically ~ even if the scale isn’t moving right now? Thank you for another idea (the Gilad’s aerobic work out) I will have to check that out. I just wished I liked exercising better. I will have to keep trying things ~ eventually it would seem that I would hit on something I would enjoy so that exercise would become a regular and looked forward to part of my days.

CK ~ your bible study with your aunt and your sister sounds nice. Have you found any new smoothie recipes that you love?

Rosey ~ how is Steve doing? Hope he is maybe a little less cranky. You do so much for him, I feel bad that he growls at you. The ear rings you made were so pretty. Glad you had a quiet restful day.

Freda ~ you must be having another stretch of work days. Hope it is going well.

NCNancy ~ thinking of you ~ hope you are hanging in there ok.

Carol Sue ~ glad the dr was pleased with your progress. So happy for you.

Bobbi ~ you’ll have to take pictures of your handiwork in your daughter’s kitchen when you are done. Sounds like it will be beautiful.

Marie ~ glad your pain wasn’t as severe this month. Hopefully you will have some answers soon. Thank you for the suggestion of the Leslie Sansone WATP DVD. I have that and like it, but the last time I used it ~ for some reason it bothered my knees. I seem to go through these times when my arthritis maybe has a sort of flare up and the pain and stiffness are worse. Maybe I was trying to use it during one of those times ~ don’t remember. But, I have the DVD still and it is there as a choice if I want to.

Isabella ~ my DH does the same thing when unloading the dish washer (most of the time anyway) and puts the stuff he is not sure where it goes on the counter for me to put away. Some of the stuff he does put away, I am going to have to ask him (then hope he remembers) to let me put it where I can reach it. He is a 6 footer, and doesn’t even think that I can’t reach the stuff. I don’t mind if it is something I don’t use that often, but I hate to have to climb up a step stool to reach something I use frequently.

Mary ~ the new tea sounds tasty. You’re doing great back at the gym. Glad your back is better so you can feel like going again.

Lynn ~ hope those banana pepper pickles don’t pinch you on the way down when you try them. Your walk in the park with your friend sounds like a nice afternoon.

Lucinda ~ your frother thing sounds really cool ~ enjoy J

MSCinnamonie ~ Welcome ~ congratulations on the 3 pound loss. Where in Texas are you?

Donna ~ so, did you get a major storm or just a dusting? Mmmmmm ~ Wendies Chili ~ can I come over? J

K3 ~ your steak/cheese on spinach meal sounded delicious. Thank you for your concern. I am ok and doing ok. Just not enough hours in the day (as described above). Darn work gets in the way of having fun. When my sister or friends call, if I am just on the computer goofing off, I don’t ever want to tell them I can’t talk. I am so blessed to have them, and who knows what life will throw our way ~ so, don’t want to miss an opportunity to spend with them if I am able.

Zoe ~ have you gotten back from your “gig” yet? Miss you when you are gone from here

Lyn ~ hope you are having a good time on your trip.

Jenye ~ how are you doing? Have you been able to get to that dr about your eyes yet?

Daylily (Chris) ~ glad your computer is acting better now. Way to go ~ distressing with cross stitch instead of food.

Web woman ~ way to go on the ˝ pound loss ~ every little bit helps. And good job with the walking morning and afternoon.

Bee Sparkle ~ congrats on the looser clothes J

Well, I’d better get off here and do stuff. Have got some errands to run. DH wants the car in the afternoon. Got laundry to do and other stuff. Was hoping DS would stop by and visit today. The sun is trying to shine ~ keeping my fingers crossed. It has been rainy and dreary here the last few days. The plants need it though. And it has been humid. I don’t like that ~ don’t mind the warmer weather, but hate the humidity.

Hope you all have a good day.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 02-03-2012 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #47  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Hola from snowy Denver! (It's not a dusting!)
I have a snow day! I'm so excited! I feel like I'm six...

Bobbi - I hope you take some pictures of the re-do, too... did you take some before pictures, as well? It feels good to tear down and rebuilt, doesn't it? I'm sure it's lovely!

Lynn - your stew sounds really yummy! I did make a batch of Wendy's chili last night, just in case, and it's a wee spicier than usual, but still delicious! I can hunker down and just gork for the entire weekend. Yea!

I'm going to try to do the pictures... we'll see. If not, I'll go to FB. The picture is of the former strawberry hanger thingie... this is what came down overnight, and it's supposed to snow all day, up to about 20". (I'm so excited!)....

Stay warm!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2-3-12 - 8 a.m..jpg (19.3 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by jess1; 02-03-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Lynn’s Personals -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn...You are starting to sound like our Lynn. Now take care of our Lynn for us please!
Hi Karen,

Those UTI’s really make me miserable. Between not sleeping right bc I keep having to go to the bathroom and having the constant feeling that I have to go during the day, I get REALLY stressed. Thank you for “listening.” Sometimes I just need a shoulder to cry on. However, one good thing about having a short attention span is that I get bored with being miserable. Ultimately, I remember my mantra – Worse things have happened to nicer people. It gets me through the bad times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
[CENTER]Happy Groundhog Day!
Lynn, I'm going to make the broccoli this weekend. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for the instructions. [B]
Hi Isabella,

Enjoy! Let me know if you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
The Clooney movie that I want to get out to see is the one that is nominated, “Descendants.” He is definitely the bomb. I believe he just turned 50. Some men just get better with age…
Hi Dee,

I saw Descendants and did NOT like it – except for being able to look at George for a couple of hours. I found the movie depressing and felt that the foul language of the girls was unnecessary. However, as per the various awards nominations, I am obviously in the minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Spent areally quiet and restful day hope your was too rosey
Hi Rosey,

I looked for the sweet banana peppers and my store did not have them. They had hot banana peppers and mild banana peppers, but no sweet banana peppers. I have LOTS of large grocery stores around me. I am sure one of them will have them. Now that you told me about them, I want a turkey sandwich with some of these peppers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
just wanted to share, I purchased a frother. I used it to froth 8 ounces of almond milk,(40 calories) added a packet of truvia,(0 calories), and put it into a extra large cup of home brewed coffee.
Hi Lucinda,

Is this something that “heats” and or “beats?”

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmn11 View Post
The doctor visit was short and sweet. He is pleased with the progress, but he wants me to take the packing out of the wounds when I take my shower, before the nurse comes. Then when she comes she will just repack and bandage. It's scary to me to let the water run inside the holes, but he said it will help healing.
Hi Freda,

Hmmm – interesting. Several GG’s told me that a bath could be responsible for UTI’s. Doctor says that showers are not a problem for your wound. Makes me think I had better switch to showers. Good luck with this thing closing up quickly. Sounds like it is moving in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCinnamonie View Post
I hang my pant on the door--it is not yet fit me but it is motivation tool for me... I rather not just depend on scale itself...I cant find my red body measurement tape yet... I do know from experience that I can lose inches sooner than pounds...
Hi Cinnamonie,

I agree – better to use the tape measure (or even how clothes fit) than the scale. I have weighed every day for years and I know how the scale fluctuates up and down. If you happen to weigh on an up day, it can be very disheartening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Last night ~ something weird ~ trying to work on the personals ~ had 3FC opened and was going back and forth ~ went back to it and can’t get in (Firefox) so tried on IE (can’t get in on that either). Grrrrr Well, it was probably for the best ~ I was having eye trouble
Hi Gayle,

I was having that problem and I downloaded Google Chrome. Now, whenever I want to get to 3FC, I use Google Chrome as my vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Good Hola from snowy Denver! (It's not a dusting!)
I have a snow day! I'm so excited! I feel like I'm six...
Lynn - your stew sounds really yummy! I did make a batch of Wendy's chili last night, just in case, and it's a wee spicier than usual, but still delicious! I can hunker down and just gork for the entire weekend. Yea!
Hi Donna,

I always loved getting a snow day on a Friday – Enjoy! My stew is smelling REALLY good!
Old 02-03-2012, 12:47 PM   #49  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

lady in weighting, frothy only beats. i heat the milk in the micro--yum and so low in calories compared to soy milk latte from starbucks.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:04 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 158/153/128

Height: 5'4

How do you copy quote of other member in your post?

I notice egg shaped in profile and if I see yellow does that means someone is on online right? What is second egg shaped mean? I see red...

Who is our 50+ leader?

Happy Friday afternoon to you all!
Old 02-03-2012, 01:06 PM   #51  

Gayle, I live near Dallas... I moved here 9 years ago from Raleigh NC...
Old 02-03-2012, 01:36 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCinnamonie View Post
How do you copy quote of other member in your post?

I notice egg shaped in profile and if I see yellow does that means someone is on online right? What is second egg shaped mean? I see red...

Who is our 50+ leader?

Happy Friday afternoon to you all!
If you want to just quote one member, click on "quote" (bottom right) and post your reply below the final [/QUOTE]

If you want to quote several members, go through the list and click on the icon that looks like a page of a book with quotation marks - next to the "quote" icon - for each post your want quoted.

About a "leader" - Jane is our liaison with 3FC and Bobbi is our monthly thread-initiator and founder.

The egg with the red exclamation mark is to report a post that does NOT adhere to 3FC guidelines.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 02-03-2012 at 01:39 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #53  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

MsCinnamonie ~ I live near Houston ~ moved here 6 years ago from Greensboro, NC
Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Goldens.

I woke this morning with a scratchy throat and feeling crabby. Zinc and vitamin c is on board and my very lean chicken soup is cooking. I don't know why but I always want to eat when I have a cold so I figured I might as well get a plan... I did walkitout for 75 minutes this morning and it improved my mood.

I have the house to myself tonight so I am looking forward to a restful evening with movies and my blankie. Oh, and a book - I always read while I am watching tv. It drives my family crazy for some reason. I have pool tourneys for the next 3 weekends in a row so this will be a time of rest and football.

Donna, the snow is so lovely. I love the feeling of a snow day. I want more snow here - it is brown and yucky here.

Lynn, you sound more like yourself every day. It is lovely. Sorry that you are up and down all night with the uti. I love your mantra and I will say it to myself.

Gayle, I hope that you find some exercise that you like to do. Mostly, I like how I feel when I am working out all the time. In the beginning, though it is often a struggle. Generally, your knees will be sore until you get in better shape but then, weirdly, they will feel better because you are moving and will hurt when you don't work out. The body is a strange and wonderful machine!

CarolSue, so glad that your dr is happy with your healing. You are a brave soul and I keep hoping that you will be rewarded with a quick recovery.

Karenfl, I watched part of that show and it made me sad, also. Our weight is such a complicated thing. I am trying to remind myself that I have been fortunate and that this journey will just take more time. On a positive note... I know very clearly how to maintain my weight and I feel like I can eat this way forever - not just till I get to goal.

Marie, I am glad that you are feeling better. Hoping for good answers and an escape from the pain next month.

Cinnamonie, I think the egg shape means that you have read or not read a post. Not really sure.... Jane is the moderator here but Bobbi starts new threads and we all just do whatever... "Leadership" is a fluid concept with the goldens...

Isabella, I loved the groundhog day cards! Thanks.

Dee, just watched Ides of March. Made me really sad.

Rosey, happy gorking!

Lucinda, I will need to look for a frother - my favorite treat is a latte.

Ck, are you still enjoying your magic bullet?

Bobbi, did your dh get home depot straightened out on the cabinet? I love the idea of you guys all doing home repairs together. That is the joy of family.

Chris, I drive my ds and his friends crazy with fixing my computer. I just don't get it.

Zoe, miss you. I hope your day went well yesterday.

I know that I am missing people here but I must get a report done.... See you all later.

Rie
Old 02-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riemontana View Post
Good Morning Goldens.

I woke this morning with a scratchy throat and feeling crabby. Zinc and vitamin c is on board and my very lean chicken soup is cooking. I don't know why but I always want to eat when I have a cold so I figured I might as well get a plan... I did walkitout for 75 minutes this morning and it improved my mood.

Lynn, you sound more like yourself every day. It is lovely. Sorry that you are up and down all night with the uti. I love your mantra and I will say it to myself.
Hi Rie,

My mother always used to say, "Feed a cold and starve a fever." Maybe your mother had the same philosophy.

That saying gets me through a lot of stuff.

Feel better,

Lynn
Old 02-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #56  

From Good Housekeeping Magazine -

Milk Frothers: Which Whips Up the Best Coffee Topping?

If what you really like about a cappuccino is the frothy topping, you can easily whip up milk with a device designed for just that purpose. The Good Housekeeping Research Institute evaluated 13 frothers, including handheld ones (with and without batteries) and electric models. We looked at how well and how quickly they froth both whole and nonfat milk and how easy they are to operate and clean, as well as how stylish they'll look sitting on your kitchen countertop. Here, the results, starting with the best performers. The great news: There are many good, inexpensive frothers, and the one that performed best was one of the cheapest of all those we evaluated! What a simple way to add a little "froth" and pampering to your day.
See more budget-friendly ways to live well for less.
BonJour Café Latte Milk Frother, $15

This handheld, battery-operated model is the lowest-priced and highest-rated of all we tested. Hold it in a cup of milk, depress the button, and depend on it to double the volume of whole milk in just 21 seconds and more than triple the volume of nonfat milk almost as quickly. With its small stainless steel frothing disc, it's super-easy to clean. Along with this frother you get a chrome stand to hold it upright on the countertop when it's not in use. Requires four AA batteries (not included). www.bonjourproducts.com

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 02-03-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #57  

Gayle, I used to live in Greensboro... I think about 2 years but I was like 25 yo...

Rie, hope you feel better soon...

I own magic bullet thing...I use it occasionally...especially if I need to mix something with egg(s)...love that small machine...

It rains here...we need lots of rain here in TX but we have drought issue as you know...I have front and back yards but they dont look good...

How many of you plan to watch Super Bowl this Sunday? I am for Patriots!!! I have watched NFL the whole season and my fave was GBP...used to live in Wisconsin for awhile... Cant wait! I have best male friend Steve so he will be watching it with me...

I have been cleaning up the house all day...burns calories...

Cinnamonie
Old 02-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

you all talking about the fried egg with yolk in bottom corner? Thats shows if you are here on GG. Played too much bridge and exhausted be back tomorrow k3
Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #59  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I'm exhausted too. Spent the whole day working at home and at the Goodwill Centre.

Here are my eats and exercise for the day.

Quote:
Breakfast: 1/4 cup oatmeal with flax, bran and wheat germ, 1/2 banana, 2 huge strawberries, about 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup skim milk

Dinner: 1/4 Tomato tart with Swiss cheese, tossed salad, 2 teaspoons dressing, mini cupcake with frosting

Supper: 1/4 Tomato tart with Swiss cheese, fruit cup (pineapple, strawberries, banana, ff yogurt, applesauce)

Exercise: 13.76 km on exercise bike, 45 minutes
I cook oatmeal (with bran, wheat germ and ground flax added) in a large pot about once a week and keep it in the frig. In the morning we heat up a serving in the microwave. Every now and then I'll mash or chop half a banana and mix it in the cold oatmeal and microwave the two together. Tastes like banana bread. That's what I did this morning. Yum.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Don't eat too much watching the game.

Last edited by retiredone; 02-03-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:42 PM   #60  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Greetings! I'm too pooped to comment on anybody's post. Rie...yes, Home Depot is making a new unit that will fit.
Donna...here's a couple of corners of our daughters kitchen. My camera was low on batteries so only took a couple pictures. . The house was built in 1932 and kitchen was all knotty pine. Everyone loved DD's kitchen expect for the ugly, painted cabinets. We're paying for 1/2 the make-over for her Christmas present last year. We didn't make any progress today, the guy helping us couldn't be here. I did go over and work, doing stuff like moving the dining room table, unscrewing, gluing and tightening all the legs on her dining set. We gave her a really solid dining table, chairs and matching hutch about 20 years ago. She gave it away and purchased a new set that looked very nice but cheap, cheap, cheap. I'd like to have clubbed her in the head. But you can't tell your kids anything, what do we know. Then I went out and picked up dog poop that was littered as far as his least would take him. I spent 30-40 minutes outside doing that. Disgusting! DD's oldest son is off to college, younger son is 14. DH told him he was the man of the house now and had to keep the dog dodo picked up. Does he do it? Heck no....... Okay, I'm done griping.
Here's a couple of the photos. The first two of the south and west end of kitchen. Look up at the top left cabinet and see how small it is? That one will be remade by Home Depot. The last picture is the opposite end where the refrigerator will go, cabinets over it and a side broom closet. The door you see is a small bathroom on the left, it's all done in knotty pine and very cute! That's only getting a new floor.
P.S. Dr. Oz said everyone dieting should have a cheat day, once a week to keep your metabolism fooled. Check out his site for today's program.
One more thing, I eat honey nut cheerios sometimes at night when I can't sleep. I picked up the peanut butter cheerios today, same number of calories and delicious.
Quote:
Bobbi - I hope you take some pictures of the re-do, too... did you take some before pictures, as well? It feels good to tear down and rebuilt, doesn't it? I'm sure it's lovely!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1192 (640x480).jpg (26.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1193 (640x480).jpg (24.5 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1194 (640x480).jpg (30.7 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-03-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Closed Thread