Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #121  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Donna, I'll pick you up on our way to KarenFL's house. Without a doubt, we'd be way better and more considerate houseguests than she has now.

KarenFL, I'm sorry about the rudeness of the buddy. Truthfully I think you're visitors are the rudest. They shouldn't have gone and they shouldn't have been so vague the past week about their visit. Rude.

Lynn, good luck with your next class and the taxes. My refunds have already been spent.

Rie, guessing Geico doesn't want to fix your truck? Gotta love insurance companies. If they can find a way out of paying, they will try.

Jenye, I'm sorry your eyes are behaving so badly. You're in my thoughts.

Deelee, sorry I got you mixed up on the Starbucks stock request. I am happy I started buying some. At least my mocha obsession will indirectly help me in the long run.

Isabella, chatting endlessly at a function is much better than stuffing food into our mouths. Way to go.

Gayle, I hope your day is better today!

Carol Sue, google Hungry Girl and you'll find she has lots of great ideas to reduce calories from normal foods. I get her daily email and one of her cookbooks.

Bobbi, I love the different drummer and making beautiful music. Great analogy.

Freda, I once tried the vitamuffin tops (ordered) and DH and I just hated them. Tasted like sawdust with cocoa powder. But the brownies, they're looking tempting but I'm guessing they probably shoved soy or peanuts in them just to be ornery. Fiber One brownies did that I shocked me that they would.

I figured out why I didn't mind coming to work yesterday (a Monday). DH has had a cold and is building DGD her wooden rocking horse. DH apparently hates wood working and has been a cranky pants. So today he works and I get to go home to a house with happy dogs. I think I will like that. A lot!
Marie
Old 02-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #122  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Greetings my golden girls. I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I have been busy w/ bullsh*t. however I have substituted over-eating carbs and sugar w/ eating healthy home made lima bean soup. I got a bad case of gas, and usually being gassy spurs me on to eating crummy foods. Its like I get addicted to feeling uncomfortable.
But I have repressed those urges and I have kept my calorie intake around 1000 per day. I treat myself to a home made latte using almond breeze and an electric frother. 40 calories of sinful yumminess. So I have lost weight. I am happy.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:12 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Afternoon all...Still feeling shocked and disappointed with everyone. Dh and I decided last night to tell the a**bud to take our guests to our local Zoo....It is a fabulous place where you climb down into a lookout in the deep spring to see the manatee swimming by....check out the web page www.homosassaspringspark.com. Both of us are feeling creaky and didn't want to hike around in this heat....So if you are doing your dirty tricks might as well work for it!

So then he takes them out for a BIG Lunch! hey we were all going out for a Big Dinner.....sigh.....BLTs anyone. I'm tired of being thought the b*tch and a diva problem. Hound of a man who chases everything in skirts and leaves them when it's time to make a commitment, runs 2-3 women at a time and seems to be trying to take over our life is not going to ruin life for me....he can suck eggs!
When will others see the real truth in this maggot???? Gesh, you must have noticed I'm a bit p*issed off! I have not vented anywhere but here and an email to DD....

Thanks guys....I needed that. I will now continue with the manta my mother always preached...Karen you will be a lady even is it kills you! k3
Old 02-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #124  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Oh, MY, what a week! Oh, it’s only Tuesday???? Feels like it ought to be Friday to me! I had meetings in Boston this AM and am just now back at the office to finish up a few things, but got caught up reading GG posts, and now here I am! I can’t possibly say hello individually right now, so here’s a great big GG hug for everybody (am LOVING your posts!) and will be back in the near future to “get personal”…whoa. That sounds pretty interesting, eh?

Okay, ‘nuff with being a smarty-pants. Lucinda! YES! Exactly right….gassy leads to eating crap for me, too, and I feel 100% better when I don’t, but do, anyway. It’s downright crazy, right? You feel icky, so you eat more of what made you feel icky in the first place. Well, I’ve been rotten about my food choices lately, and I’m ashamed of myself. Still doing qi gong, yes, but also eating poorly, which isn’t exactly a healthy combination. I’ve been feeling really lousy this morning…tired, bloaty, too warm….ack. I’ve got to get myself back under control again!

OMG, K3!!!! What kind of boorish people have you befriended????? Throw the lowlifes out! I’m going to meet Donna & Marie half-way to your place, and we’re all going to come down and show you how sincerely appreciative guests are supposed to behave. Heck, we’ll make YOUR breakfast! (We’ll even bring you some flowers and chocolates!) Why isn’t this guy putting them up at his place if he’s so intent on hosting them? I think if I were you, if they said anything about visiting in the future, I’d say, “Oh, what a great idea! I’m sure ______ will be glad to put you up!”

Rie & Marie…I just came from a meeting at the national headquarters of a big insurance company. Their building is all imported marble….floors, walls….original sculptures and paintings….leather recliner chairs in the conference rooms, and a lavish luncheon buffet set up specifically for each conference room. They’re in the process of building a new 20-story building a block over on one of the most expensive pieces of real estate in the state. Think of how many claims they have to decline to pay in order to create such magnificence for themselves! I find it all pretty revolting…good thing I’m retiring soon and can stop grinning and shuffling for these people.

Oh, and about the crock pot VS slow cooker controversy? I have crock pots, myself. Is that actually the same thing as a slow cooker?

Isabella – I hadn’t been bowling in years, either, but my dd2 had her son’s 8th birthday party at a bowling alley. Dh & I both bowled, and had lots of fun. We said we were going to go again, but haven’t yet and it’s been almost two years, now. We are pitiful people. Always GOING to do something, and never get around to it.

Okay, must run….love to all…congrats to the losers, and “you can DO it” to those trying to lose. Oh, and a good whack to those who aren’t trying hard enough (ME included!)

Take care,

Z
Old 02-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

BRING ON THE POSSE...please
Old 02-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi & Bye,

Today was grading papers, dentist, Cardiologist, and Urologist - UTI is still with me.

Hope to have time to post tomorrow.

Lynn
Old 02-07-2012, 06:04 PM   #127  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Do you feel a bit better about life, now, Gayle? It helps to vent, doesn't it. LOL. I'm sure those aches and pains are not helping any. Hope you get back to normal soon and we love you. Talking about a full moon, I just looked out the window and the moon is a deep, almost orange colour. It's a huge yellow orange disk in the sky.

Cinnamonie, my oatmeal recipe is a deep, dark family secret. Actually, it's just the recipe on the side of the oatmeal package. For every serving I add a tablespoon each of wheat bran and wheat germ. When it's finished cooking I add 1 tablespoon of ground flax seeds for each serving. What I do is make a big pot of oatmeal for the week and keep it in the frig. In the morning DH helps himself to a bowl and microwaves it for a hot breakfast. When I roll out of bed later on I do the same thing. DH is a school bus driver and gets up way too early for me.

Carol Sue, I leave my crock pot plugged in when I go out all the time. I made something in it last week that had to simmer for 24 hours. They don't get hot enough to do any damage and as for the plug burning, that won't happen any more than a lamp or tv plug which are left plugged in for years at a time. Those 3 size sets are so nice. Sometimes I think I'll get a set just for the little one, lol.

Bobbi
, you'll work off any extra calories that you might eat. I wouldn't worry about it for now.

Freda, I eat both Miracle Whip and mayonnaise but I prefer mayonnaise. The MW is less than half the calories of mayo so that makes it my first choice for calories. The problem with the egg salad sandwiches was the amount of MW used. They were really sweet with the dressing. I use just enough to moisten the egg and add a little salt and onion. There was no onion in those sandwiches last night...sigh...

Marie, hope you're having a nice quiet day with the doggies.
Lucinda, good for you! You kept to your plan and now you won't have any regrets.

Karen3
, I don't know what to say about those friends and neighbour. Is it a neighbour? Anyhoo, vent away. I couldn't get that link to the zoo to work.

Zoe, the name Crock Pot is the name on Rival's slow cooker. It's sort of become a generic name like Kleenex for tissues or Skidoo for snowmobile.

Hi Lynn. I hated grading papers. Worst part of teaching.

Had a strange day today. We had an unscheduled 3 1/2 hour power outage just before dinner. I was just going to the kitchen to start DH's dinner when the power went out. I had planned bean and cheese burritos and some sides but now what to do? I rigged up a couple of candles into a makeshift burner and opened a can of tomato soup. It's a good thing I started early on the soup as it took well over half an hour for it to heat up by candle power
. I also made a few grilled cheese sandwiches the same way. They took forever also but once the little cast iron frying pan got hot things began to sizzle but then the candles burned out. So then I made a couple of tomato sandwiches to fill up DH's stomach.

I also started to strip the wallpaper off the kitchen. I have most of it off but not all the backing. DH doesn't seem so enthused about my little kitchen project but it's started so it must finish, LOL. I found the date it was last done behind the frig. I had forgotten I'd put it there as it couldn't be seen as it was under the paper. Last time the kitchen was redecorated was July 2004--papered, new flooring, new counter tops and new lights. I took before pictures to compare so when it's all finished I'll post the comparisons. It will take forever, though. Haha.

I've got to get to bed early tonight as I have to take a friend for an echo cardiogram early tomorrow morning. We have to be on the road no later than 7:15 am. Don't want to be late getting a parking place at the hospital but it shouldn't be too hard so early.

Here are my eats and exercise today. Not the most balanced eating today because of the power outage.

Quote:
Breakfast: 1 huge tangelo (got up late and ate light expecting a nice dinner. Ha.)

Dinner
: 1 sort of grilled cheese sandwich, 1 tomato sandwich. Both made with 2 small slices ww bread, Miracle whip on the tomato sandwich and about an ounce cheddar cheese on the grilled.

Supper: Dry cereal with about 1/2 cup skim milk, fried potatoes, 3 very large strawberries

Exercise: 13.14 km on exercise bike, 45 minutes

Last edited by retiredone; 02-07-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:10 PM   #128  

Hi everyone its a beautiful sunny day and the icecles are melting its a high 40 out i opened the doors and windows and gave the house a good airing out as i sat in the doorway in the sun sipping my coffee mocha.. my rolling pin can be borrowed by those who need it Karen3 what abunch of rudeness.so sry. and zoe that lavish spread makes me ill,whats wrong with folks today. lynn so sry you still have uti. hope it goes away soon. i spent the day altering some clothes,too big and too long,and catching up on laundry. i talked my dh into eating a reg piece of toast this am. sometimes i wonder if he talks himself into not feeling well hmm actions speak for themselves.hoping your day is full of sunshine rosey

breakfast
chix strip
coffee

lunch
1 egg
1/2 piece of toast
1/2 apple

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
small steak
salad, sweet potatoe
Old 02-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #129  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, All...

Try this again... it literally went "poof" and went away!

Crock Pot vs Slow Cooker: here's the deal. I don't remember the particulars anymore, but I once used the words crock pot to describe the slow cooker appliance and was berated severely by a store clerk... Crock Pot is a brand name, not a description. I am forever paranoid.

PT/Zoe - I share your pain and disgust at the opulent environs purchased on the backs of the 99%. We could have someone who's very comfortable in that environment be in power. Scary!

I look forward to visiting KarenFL with Marie and Zoe. We WILL be the best little houseguests you can imagine, and we WILL bring flowers and chocolates and belgian waffles and bones for Dash. We'll laugh into the night (8 p.m. for me)... it's gonna be FUN. Your houseguests AND that terrible man are worthless and have no redeeming social value!

Gork time. I'm beat. I did GM's grocery shopping after work, then stuffed her frozen food into my too-small freezer, will haul it to work and stuff it into THEIR too-small freezer, then will haul it to GM on StinkyButt day, Thursday. I. Am. Old. And. Tired.

Everyone, stay warm! Later, lovelies!
Old 02-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Rie - I can understand Geico not wanting to pay for your truck. After all, they spent all their money on all those commercials!!!

Isabella - My 3 size crockpots didn't come in a set. I bought them separate. I got a 4 qt when I got married and rarely used it. The pot did not come out. I gave it to my step-son when he got divorced and the ex took theirs with her. (That was all she wanted, thank God) I saw the 6 qt on sale at Kohls and bought that one. Later I saw a French White 4 qt on clearance in Sears and bought 2 of them and gave one as a shower gift. The 1.5 qt I bought at Big Lots. I thought it would be nice for hot dips.

Freda - Mayonaise is my choice for sandwiches. I keep a small jar of Miracle Whip in the house for when I make potato salad or deviled eggs. Then I like to mix some Miracle Whip in with the mayo. It adds a little zip.

One of my holes healed up and the other two seem to be getting smaller. I think letting the shower water run in them is really helping. I wish I had done that a long time ago but I was afraid to. The doctor had said I could do it, but this time he told me to do it. Demanding that I do it is much different than suggesting it. LOL My goal of being completely healed by 3/1 looks better and better!

By the way....I tried the Fiber One and didn't like it. DH liked it, though. I think I will like it when I make the chocolate peanut butter thingys.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-07-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:34 PM   #131  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

isa bella!? what happened? You had an unscheduled power outage?
are there such things as scheduled power outages? and you still had to cook? too bad you don't have a fire place. You could have cooked in it.
rei- yes I have a 10 year old. she is our " little whoopsie- change- of -life- thought we were no longer fertile" baby. we love her like a grandchild. My older litter of children poke fun at us for giving birth to our own grandchild.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:13 PM   #132  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

OK-- I want to go with everyone to Karen3 house too!! I would so love to tell these people what I think! It just isn't right! Everybody seems to be bringing chocolates and flowers--- I can bring margharitas!! Works for me-- how 'bout it?

It seems like it has been a busy week here and I really haven't got much done. Just busy work and nothing that really shows. Oh well---

I did my first bible lesson for the week on Thursday, then I didn't get back to it until this afternoon!! WHEW!!! Brings back memories of high school!LOL!! Tomorrow we have the second class with the video. It really is good and I'm enjoying it. It is a 10 week course and Beth Moore is really interesting to listen to Even has the TEXAS accent and I get tickled when she gets excited. At least I can have my sister rewind the video if we miss something!

Today has been a gray and rainy day. But a good day for gorking! I am sorry that I haven't made time to do personals tonight but I have been reading the posts and enjoy hearing from everyone of you. We really do have a GREAT GROUP here! Welcome to all the newbies-- I look forward to getting to know more about you all. I really will try to catch up soon.

Everyone have a good evening and be good to yourselves.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #133  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Lucinda, on the weight loss. You truly are doing great!

KarenFL, all I can say is WOW – I am speechless at the tackiness of your guests and of the a**bud. Our posse is starting to plan and you will be besieged with caring, grateful guests that will fling Dash’s droppings at your neighbor’s house.

Zoe, truly it should be Friday by now. I’m with you and your post made me so mad. Why in the he!! does an insurance company need such a building. Please name it so I can make sure I don’t patronize them.

Lynn, gotta say your day didn’t sound like a load of fun.

Isabella, you are a resourceful woman on that cooking front. Me? I’d have grabbed the cold cereal and milk and said good enough.

Rosey, since I’m closest to AK (which is still not close) I will pick up the rolling pin on the way to picking up Donna. Then we’re going to clobber Karen’s neighbor and houseguests.

Donna, that we’ll laugh into the night – until 8:00 pm. I can make it to 9:00 but no later. Tell SamCat to keep Miss Kai in his thoughts as she’s going to have her teeth cleaned tomorrow. I bet I’ll be punished for that appointment for the next week or so. Poor little baby. I will probably cry dropping her off at the vet. She’s my little imp.

Carol Sue, I’m so glad that the holes are starting to close up. That is excellent news.

Lucinda, I, too, was wondering if Newfoundland scheduled their power outages. I’m not sure I’d like that.

Not much going on here. DH is at work (it would be wrong to do the happy dance but…). Billy Joel is singing his Shea Stadium concert on my PS3 and biggie TV. It’s not quiet. My Valentine’s Day present came. The one I sent my DH a link to at his work and said it was what I wanted. A new coffee bean roaster. A DRUM roaster. Whee. My air roaster irritates me and I’m hopeful tonight night’s batch I roasted in the hot air roaster is the last or second to last. Also my Jeep’s new front bumper came via UPS today. Remember when I hit Bambi last fall??? DH ordered me a new bumper to fix Darth Jeep’s boo-boo. YEAH!!! Sadly it can’t be painted until it warms up, but it is here and that is good. Time to feed the most wonderful huskies on earth.
Marie
Old 02-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens!

Wow, this is such a great group After a really long day, I came here and I feel so good. Thank you. It is 5 minutes to ten and my day started at 6 this morning. I expect tomorrow will be even longer because Wed night pool usually doesn't finish til about 1130 at night. Oh well, it should be fun. I am preparing for a tourney in Wyoming this weekend and I am looking forward to the "grown up" weekend. My staff are sure needy this week, or maybe I am tired.

To clarify, geico isn't refusing the claim...... they just haven't approved it yet! Bonus: the accident apparently broke a wire connecting to the heater so I am driving around in 20 degree weather with no heat. I HATE insurance companies. Zoe, your description is the stuff of my progressive nightmares. Unbelievable. The only thing that is worse is that I have spent much of the last two days in a valiant and probably vain attempt to obtain mental health services for a young prego woman - and I am losing the battle. It reminds me that there are worse things than a broken truck. It is often a good thing that I am reminded to be happy for what I have... but really!

Karenfl, I am speechless! and Pissed! I am with Karenmo, and I will bring patron tequilla to contribute to the margaritas. Some of my mom's family used to treat her that way, also, basically like a hotel while they went off for fun.

Marie, tee hee on David and being mr crabbypants. It made me laugh.

Rosey, I am glad that you and Steve are checking for yourselves what he can eat.

Isabella, oh, you made me laugh, also! Darlin, buy yourself a can of sterno! LOL on grilled cheese by candle light. BTW, I also like mayo. Many of our family recipes also use both mayo and miracle whip. My native friends call MW "reservation mayo" I have no idea.

Lucinda, I love it - your own granddaughter! Wonderful

Donna, I will join you on laughing into the night..... I will bring earplugs for you and Marie, as I would probably be in trouble for keeping you guys up too late.

Bobbi, see what you have done... Poor Isabella's dh is now stuck in kitchen remodel land.

Lynn, dear one, I hope you got good news from the medical patrol.

Carol Sue, Yay on the healing! You deserve it.

Gayle, vent away darlin! That is what we are here for.

OH, Zoe, and Lucinda. Your comments reminded me of how kids (and collicky horses and cows) will repeatedly try to eat to relieve their belly aches - making it worse, not better. Strange - I sometimes do the same thing.

Freda, I am amazed at the changes and the unrealistic requirements for maintaining cpr certs these days. So frustrating! Yes, I had a good night at pool. I was a rock star and won all my games. How was soccer?

Oh, I am just tired and I have things to do yet tonight before I sleep. Hugs to you all. Sorry for those I missed. Thanks for being here.

Rie
Old 02-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #135  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I've gotta run in about 2 minutes. But I will clarify the unplanned/planned power outages. Occasionally, we get notification that power will be out for half hour to an hour for a planned maintenance. Yesterday a power pole caught on fire so that would be unplanned. And Rie, I was standing by the candles watching the pot wishing I had a can of sterno, lol. Anyhoo, got to run and pick up the patient for her cardiogram. Check back later tonight.
Closed Thread