Old 09-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #16  

Height: 5'3"

Well, the day is fast coming to an end, how quickly times goes by any more! Guess that's a sign of aging...but it seems like the weeks are just flying by....soon winter will be here, I will be another year older ..and in meantime, it's almost time to fix dinner again!

I have gotten caught up in my housework except I want to clean out the fridge shelves. Probably do that tonight as I plan the weeks meals too.

Patty - I'm the same way with things like peanuts. Even dividing them up doesn't always work for me, depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm afraid I just don't care which I know is not good...the best thing for me is just not have them around unless it is only one serving. About the only kinds I can keep on hand without overeating are walnuts and pecans.

Jane - congrats on the upcoming gc! we have one coming Oct 15...a boy and he will be born on his daddy's birthday (our son)! She is having a C-section so was able to choose the date. We won't get to see him until at least Dec but I'm sure we will get pictures.

Everyone - have a good evening!
maryea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 02:12 AM   #17  
HelenMay

S/C/G: 159/145/130

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ladies,

I didn`t go to the Oktoberfest - only my 16 year old and my husband. Eating Bratwurst (sausages) Potatoes, big breads and drinking beer sounds like a total nightmare to me! There`s music and an amusement park there as well. I stayed home, ate soups and salads and avoided meat. I also watched some movies and did some ironing. I wanted to clean out some closets but never got to it. I might try again today.

I made some great salads from the Williams Sonoma Salad book and I liked them so much that I will post them in the recipe section. They are a bit different but very interesting and the tastes were fabulous and I`m down another pound!

My knee is already feeling a little bit better but my muscle in the calf under that knee is a bit sore. I guess from not walking correctly and limping to avoid putting too much pressure ont he knee. I drove yesterday and the back and forth from the break to the gas bothered me - but only a little bit.

maryea, I have to laugh about how time passes so quickly these days - its all in our perception. On any given weekend, my 16 year old will talk about how time passes so slowly. I just have to roll my eyes because it seems like it is speeding by to me. There just isn`t enough hours in the day!

silverlife, how long ago did you live in Munich and for how long?

Have a great Sunday!

Last edited by HelenMay; 09-19-2010 at 02:18 AM.
HelenMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #18  
GmaTo8

Another busy day, but I wanted to pop in and say HI! Have a great Sunday, all you wonderful ladies!
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:43 AM   #19  
Maintaining (Lacto-Paleo)

S/C/G: 120s

Height: 5' 6.75"

I'll pop in here, too, and wish you all a lovely Sunday, too.

HelenMay, I lived in Munich many years ago. All the best to you.

Last edited by SilverLife; 09-19-2010 at 02:24 PM. Reason: forgot to enlarge font size
SilverLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Just a quick flyby as well to say hello. I'm trying to get this other diabetic book read before Thursday as I have another book coming from Amazon.com that I want to start then. Not a diabetic book this time. It is a book about the lady who started BSF. I looked for it last year, but never found it. Daddy just sent me an email Friday about the DIL of my aunt who passed away a over a week ago had sent him saying she was in BSF. I excitedly wrote her and she told me Amazon.com has the book so I ordered it yesterday. (I am the oldest GC of my GF 7 GC and her husband is the youngest and the only boy.) He swears that it isn't any easier being the youngest than me being the oldest. LOL not sure about that one. Never met her but talked to her on the phone years ago... a real sweetheart. Price I pay for living so far from TX.

WOE is going very well, BS is coming down nicely and I think the doc will be pleased. Dr. Bernstein has a chart in his book on doing checks throughout the day so my poor fingers are getting tired of being stuck, but I think the doc will be pleased to see how my food is effecting my BS. I will do it through Thursday and take a copy to him Friday when we go for our appt.

Hope all of you have a great Sunday.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #21  
GmaTo8

Hello ladies,

Mary - how exciting about the new grandson you'll be getting in Oct. I can barely wait to see mine, and I know you feel the same way. I see so many cute baby outfits, but since we don't know the gender yet, I have had to control myself, haha.

Helen - I'll check out the salad recipes. Yay for you, avoid the fest that you know would be too tempting. That's a NSV for sure. I'm glad your knee is feeling better.

Trish - is your doctor appt Fri just to check on your sugar? I hope all else is well. It's fun to communicate with relatives we hadn't heard from for awhile. That's one thing I really like about Facebook - being able to keep up with family and friends.

Hello Silver, and anyone else reading this.

I went on an out-of-town shopping trip this weekend, and had a blast! I wore Crocs (the narrow slip-on kind) and my feet never hurt a bit although I walked plenty.

Have a good day.

Last edited by Jane; 09-20-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:06 AM   #22  

Tomorrow is a very busy day and not sure how much time I'll have online so I'll post before I go to bed.

Jane - yes we are looking forward to our newest gc! And another boy is very welcome. He will make 4 boys and 5 girls. I waited until I knew the sex before I bought any clothes...more fun if you know when it comes to the clothes.

Helenmay - I think I'm feeling the time go by even faster because I'm getting closer and closer to that big 7-0. I tell myself it's just a number like all the others and I feel good physically but still somehow it seems be looming a little larger to me than any so far. It's not my next one...I'll be 68 in Feb, but 70 is not far away...my dh is 75 and I think since his accident our ages are hitting me a bit more now. I just have a hard time believing I am getting so old!

Ok, talk later....

Last edited by maryea; 09-21-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #23  
GmaTo8

Hi all,

Mary - I've seen so many baby clothes on clearance, and it's hard for me to leave them alone, but it would be no bargain if I buy the wrong kind, lol. I really feel like she's having a girl, but who knows?

Neal and I went to Mary's for dinner last night, and it was great to see all of her family. I don't get to see the boys much since they are often with their biological mother when I have the girls. Jason cooked, since he got off work before Mary. They have a good system going.

Same ol', same ol' here..... what's new for you?
Old 09-22-2010, 08:20 AM   #24  

Good Morning Ladies,

A quick one this morning. Heading out to BSF this morning. Everything is going well with food etc. Go to doc Friday to get results of Tony's and my blood tests and will get our flu shots that day. I've not taken flu shots since I was about 22 yrs old because I got the flu after having shot and was deathly sick from the shot. However, my doc says the are different now and my Daddy encouraged me to have one. One of my neighbors said her doc told her to always go home after the shot and just act like you have the flu and you will be okay.

I've started getting out and going places without DH. I go while he sleeps. I figure this is called activity "shopping" some times just looking around as I don't alway buy anything... but I'm moving and I enjoy it. I've become to dependent on him being with me all the time. Until we married, I was along and had to be independent so I decided that I need to be a little more independent. After having 2 hubbies die, I was never going to get so dependent on another husband, but it is so easy to lean on a husband. So I'm getting more busy. I've even thought about getting a job doing something when I get my health back. Will have to see. Anyway, I think this will be good for both of us.

Well, better get going. Got to leave in about 30 minutes. Did my nails before I wrote and they should be dry by now. Will check in again when I have time.

Y'all have a great day!!!

Last edited by pattygirl63; 09-22-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:05 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 223/207/160

Height: 5' 5"

I can't remember when I last stopped in here? I do have some news to share, we welcomed our 3rd grand child and first grand son on Sept 12, 8 lbs 8 oz 20 in long and perfect! mom and baby are both doing wonderful, I get to watch both grands today while mom goes to a meeting at the school where she teaches.
I am starting to eat more healthy and had been walking till I fell last Thurs while feeding my cows and badly tore a muscle in my thigh, I don't know when I felt so much pain. I ended up in the ER, I was so happy that nothing was broken, I felt kind of stupid going in, but I couldn't put any weight on my leg with out almost passing out, of course it was after hours when I did this. So I am on pain meds, have a knee imobilizer and crutches, not sure if I will end up visiting my doc, I am hoping by this weekend I am not in so much pain.
We are getting ready for our annual hayride, it started small but now we have over 100 people show up for a potluck and bonfire, we furnish the hot dogs and fixings, non alcoholic drinks (lemonade or hot chocolate, depends onthe weather). It is always a fun time. thankfully most of the outside work is done.
Sunday we had a 60th anniversary party for my parents, all my siblings were there, I have 3 sisters and 3 brothers. all of my kids and grand kids were there and most of my nieces and nephews, 4 generations. also that day hubby's family had a picnic, and there were 5 generations there as my hubby's grandma is still alive! we are blessed.
so that is an update on my place, crops aren't looking the best the rain came too late, but that is farming, you have good years and bad.
I will try to get in more, I had trouble signing in for a few days.
Pam
Pamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #26  

Pam CONGRATULATIONS on the new grandson. So sorry about the thigh and all the pain. Hope you are feeling better soon. Sounds like you are a busy lady. Have fun with the hayride festivities and take care of that leg.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:10 PM   #27  

Hi everyone! It's a very quiet, cool day ..sun not really shiny but it's bright enough outside. I went out thinking I'd mow but the grass is still too wet.

Joe is doing a lot in PT now. I no longer go with him...actually haven't for a few weeks now. Besides his regular exercises, the leg push machine (not sure what you call it) and the bike, he is now doing steps. He said the step was really hard at first and he had to rely on his cane a lot but he practices on our back step and it has gotten easier. He walks around the house without his cane most of the time now and when outside often just carries it.

I'm continuing to transfer tapes. I have gotten to 1989 now! LOL It was so fun to watch our youngest dd when she was in the Miss America Preteen Pageant. She won 2nd place in most photogenic and we were so proud of her! Unfortunately much of the pageant was lost ...not sure what happened but we no longer have her in the talent competition (she danced) or when she walked across the stage by herself (the beauty, grace etc competition) but at least we got her receiving two trophies. Now I'm starting on the ones with my oldest grandaughter. When she arrived I was still so busy with my own kids. It was hard to think of myself as a grandmother! I enjoy my grandchildren more now that my own are all grown.

Did you watch Biggest Loser last night? I was shocked at how many of the potential contestants have lost a loved one! I was wishing they all could go to the ranch and I told my dh I bet they will have another chance later on and sure enough that's what is happening! I'm so glad as they all need the chance.

The show inspires me so and I told myself I would do better on my eating today...but unfortunately I haven't done as well as I'd like. Not sure what's wrong with me...I just can't seem to stay on track.

Hope you all have a good day!

Last edited by maryea; 09-22-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:20 AM   #28  
GmaTo8

Happy First Day of Fall

Trish - bravo to you, getting out on your own! I know that is a big step for you, and I think you're going to like the renewed independence! Good luck at the doctor tomorrow. I bet she/he will be impressed with how you've taken control of your blood sugar! I know I sure am proud of you.

Pam - I'm SO glad to see you back here! Wonderful news about the new grandson. I'll have to wait until sometime in Nov. to find out which sex Katie's baby is. Yowza - so sorry about your fall! Here's hoping you mend quickly. I love a hayride, and will have to ask Neal to arrange that for the family this fall! Thanks for the reminder. The anniversary party sounds like a lot of fun, too!

Mary - yay for you - getting so many tapes transferrred. I like to watch the old videos, too. Sometimes it makes me nostalgic for the old days. I'm happy that your DH is doing so well. I watch biggest loser every once in awhile, but haven't seen it lately. About you not being able to stay on track - would it help if you made a list of all the reasons you want to lose weight and get healthy? I did a Top 10 list for myself, and look at it often. Just a thought.

Very busy day, and busy weekend ahead. DS Terry and grandson Jackson will be here tomorrow for dinner, then Mary's DDs will be here Sat. and Sun. We're having a weiner roast on Sat. and after reading about Pam's hayride, I'll ask Neal to set that up, too!

Have a good day, ladies.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:48 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 223/207/160

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, its cool here, had a rough night with the leg pain, I am trying not to take the meds for pain so much, I got up and put some ice on it and that helped, this morning I got up and put heat on it. debating on whether or not to call my family doc, to see if this in normal, I really think it just takes time to heal a torn muscle.
Jane, the kids didn't find out the sex until the baby was here, it is a nice surprise, I thought for sure they would have a girl.
Hayrides are fun, we even do small ones our selves.
Well, need to get dressed, and ride with my daughter to her naturopath appt.
have a great day all, Pam
Pamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #30  

Not much going on today ...I posted what I have done on the other thread so won't repeat here. Still waiting on the guys to come and install our patio door. Dh called them and now they say they have two windows to do before us but hopefully will be here soon. It will be so nice to have a nice new patio door! It's a white sliding glass door...just the usual kind but we've lived here 33 yeas with the door that was here when we moved in...single pain aluminum edge...drafty...and it no longer runs well on the track. So very glad to get rid of it!

Just finished dusting the master bedroom, so now I'm about to change the sheets. Very slow moving today as I keep thinking those guys will be here any minute....and I don't want to get too involved in anything...that's my excuse at least.

Jane - I try to transfer one tape a day but gc will be here in a few days so I will have to put them away for a while...these gk are 4 and 15 mo and into everything. I counted 26 tapes I have left to transfer! I also have some old reel ones that I think I will take to Costco to have them transferred if they are even visible any more. Haven't looked at them in years. But they are of Joe and I when first married...I was SKINNY!!...and our first dd as a baby and my mom and dad who are long gone. So precious memories and I'd like to keep them if I can.

Take care everyone!!

I'm glad it's not raining today....