Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 05:19 PM   #226  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Good Morning---sorry that I have been MIA for a few days. I have been reading but haven't felt much like doing anything. I ended up getting the "crud" whatever it is that is going around. I have a cough, cold, sore throat and in just general feel miserable. The only time my throat isn't sore is when I'm putting food in it...and not good food! I crave the salty chips and all when I get sick like this. Today is day 4 so hopefully it will go soon, if not I guess I will go to see a Dr. to find out why!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know I am still alive and kickin' (sort of)

Take care and have a good weekend.
Karen,

I hope you feel better soon.

Lynn
Old 02-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #227  

Hi Everyone,

I am SO appreciative of my DD & SIL. They are visiting me every day to keep me from getting too down about being stuck in the house. I am starting to realize how much I depend on them – especially when there is anything wrong. If they sell their B&B and move out of state, I think I will need to follow. I’m not crazy about the idea of living in FL with all my skin issues, but maybe I would just rent something down there for the winter.

Still planning Italy. Ended up with hotels, B&B’s, and even an agriturismo (farm house apartment in the middle of a working vineyard). We’ll fly into Rome, take train to Florence, pick up car in Florence, and work our way back down to Rome via a bunch of hill towns in Tuscany.

I just hope my knee is all healed by then.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBThinAgain View Post

Lynn, what lovely cats you have! I love thinking about them in your lap while you type. My locked brake was on an 1995 4wd Ford Aerostar van... my new "baby"... which I call Vanna.... unfortunately Vanna sat unused for a month because the battery went dead, and I didn't want to buy one locally. Anyhow, she got a new battery yesterday and new mud/snow tires today in Medford, and there were no more brake problems. I will use her to drive into the forests around here, on the unpaved forest service roads.
Thanks for the link to Inner Wisdom... a fascinating site... and I like the definition of synchronicity.
Linda
Hi Linda,

The cats are REALLY a joy to me. They make me laugh every day. I just need to ignore their fighting. They think that they’re still kittens & are just playing. I’m the only one getting hurt!

I have noticed MANY occasions of “synchronicity” – at least the way I am defining it. However, I suspect that there is a lot more to it. I think it is probably a whole world view.

Good luck with your Aerostar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellabella View Post
DH and I are are taking our granddaughter & grandson (8 & 9) to the Mystic Aquarium for the day. We do a special day trip with them on the third Saturday of each month. http://www.mysticaquarium.org/visit Looks like fun, doesn't it? I stayed on plan with my eating all week, and walked faithfully with ole' Leslie. I won't weigh myself until NEXT Saturday, though, because of all my flub-ups a few weeks back. I couldn't stand it if all I did was lose the half pound that I had gained! (I'm so easily discouraged).
WAY to GO, PT!!!!! Congrats!!!!! Interesting discussion about synchronicity and such....you know I'll have to put my two cents into the mix when I have more time. Z
Hi Zoe,

I hope you are patting yourself on the back about all this exercising! Looking forward to your 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good morning!
Yesterday while in town, I looked in the sporting goods section to see if I could find some large mats to stand on so my feet/heel spurs don't bother me. I found something called 'Weider' 2' x 2' puzzle mat. There are 4 separate squares that lock together for a long rectangle mat (8 feet long) or a 4 foot x 4 foot square mat.) The edges lock together like a puzzle. It was only $19.99 too, wonderful quality high density foam. Guess what else I found? LESLIE SANSONE WALK AT HOME KIT. It comes with the DVD 2 mile power Walk, (34 min) and Super slimming lower body toning, 21 min, and the Fit Cuff. Whatever that is? I had a couple of her tapes a few years ago but sold them all at DD's garage sale. All you Leslie Sansone fans have instigated me to buy her DVD's again. This time my feet shouldn't hurt with the new matt. I can't wait to get started! You all have a great weekend and I'll want to hear how each and every one of you breezed through, making great choices and exercising. Rosey...can you do chair exercises or bar bells like Lynn is going to do while recovering?
Hi Bobbi,

Enjoy all your new equipment. Remember to add up miles for all that exercise. My formula is 1 mile for every 5 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
How's the knee, Lynn? Have a good weekend, Everyone!!
Hi Donna,

Knee is OK, but I’m just icing it & keeping it elevated. I limp when I walk & it hurts when I bend it. However, I think it hurts less today than yesterday.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:37 PM   #228  

Hi everyone..thankyou for all the support and encouragement and u are all right; i need to get as strong as i can befor the surg sooooo i got out my stretch bands and have been using them while watching the olympics today..also when i get up and move with my walker im making an extra lap;one small step at a time right you all inspired me...my thigh muscels are weak so i need to work on that..lynn i so can relate to your feeling confined..and my dd that lived a few miles from us moved to oregon this fall..i miss her horribly and after she left i realized how much she helped my dh and me..hope you heal fast..can you use a knee brace,like an elastic wrap? might help? Question..i have a gf who has a new grdd..she would like to see her more but dil wants her to call first,they live next door to each other..shes upset that she doesnt get to see the grdd much..she enveys my open door rule for all friends and family and the fact that my dd let me have the grkids when ever i wanted..i dont need a phone call, i luv surprise visits..however this is a dil not a dd and i told her it might be becuz of that..anyways do you want surprise visits or would you rather have a call first? Just curious? hoping your day is going great rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 02-20-2010 at 07:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #229  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

If I had to call ahead to see if I could come over, I wouldn't feel very welcome. We have an open door policy at our home and same rule applies to my parents home and family. Come over anytime!
Maybe the DIL is a lousy housekeeper and doesn't want her MIL to see her mess?

Quote:
anyways do you want surprise visits or would you rather have a call first? Just curious?

Last edited by Bobbolink; 02-20-2010 at 08:30 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:38 AM   #230  

Height: 5'8"

Today Bob and I took a drive to a forest service campground out in the middle of the forest near the Marble Mountain Wilderness... got out and hiked around, then drove up one of the forest roads for about three miles until we got to a gate that prevented us from going further. Felt good to get back into the forest.

Now I'm going to visit Leslie Sansone via YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...leslie+sansone

Karen, sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Bobbi, congrats on the new walking videos and soft exercise mats!

Zoe, hope the aquarium visit was fun!

Lynn, glad to hear your DD & SIL visit you every day and that the Italy trip is still being planned.

Rosey, I definitely need a call first, but it isn't for me; it is Bob's preference. If it was just me they could drop by anytime. And when I go visiting, I call first.

Linda
Old 02-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #231  

Good Morning, Everyone,

Knee feels better this morning. Maybe I can get out of here today.

Will check back later,

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone..thankyou for all the support and encouragement and u are all right; i need to get as strong as i can befor the surg sooooo i got out my stretch bands and have been using them while watching the olympics today..also when i get up and move with my walker im making an extra lap;one small step at a time right you all inspired me...my thigh muscels are weak so i need to work on that..lynn i so can relate to your feeling confined..and my dd that lived a few miles from us moved to oregon this fall..i miss her horribly and after she left i realized how much she helped my dh and me..hope you heal fast..can you use a knee brace,like an elastic wrap? might help? Question..i have a gf who has a new grdd..she would like to see her more but dil wants her to call first,they live next door to each other..shes upset that she doesnt get to see the grdd much..she enveys my open door rule for all friends and family and the fact that my dd let me have the grkids when ever i wanted..i dont need a phone call, i luv surprise visits..however this is a dil not a dd and i told her it might be becuz of that..anyways do you want surprise visits or would you rather have a call first? Just curious? hoping your day is going great rosey
Hi Rosey,

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Before my hip surgery, the doctor gave me exercises to get me in shape to help with the recovery. After the operation, I absolutely understood the purpose of the exercises. They had strengthened all the muscles I needed to do the after-surgery physical therapy.

I tried an elasticized wrap when I first hurt it – seems like weeks ago – but it was too painful. Will try it again today.

About your friend – Yes, I call before I visit my DD & SIL. Partially, because I don’t want to drive over there & find out they are away from home or too busy to visit. Also, partially, because I want to visit when it is convenient for them. Also, they have no children – maybe that makes a difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBThinAgain View Post

Now I'm going to visit Leslie Sansone via YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...leslie+sansone
Linda
Hi Linda,

Thank you for posting that link. I never thought to look for her stuff on the computer.
Old 02-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #232  

good Morning GG's,

I'm afraid our beautiful, sunny days are about to end. It's supposed to start snowing this evening and continue into tomorrow. About 6 inches worth of snow added to what is already out there. Oh well, it was good while it lasted, and reminded everyone that spring was, indeed, coming.

Lynn, Glad to hear that you knee is improving. Can't enjoy your vacation with a bum knee!

Rosie, I highly recommend the exercise/getting in shape before the surgery too. It will make so much difference, both in how quickly you heal and how effective the surgery is. The quicker you're up and about after surgery prevents so many complications.

Z, Have fun with those grands yesterday?

Karen, I hope that "crud" is running it's course and you're felling better.

Bobbi, Hope that the new exercise equipment makes it easier to exercise.

I usually call before I go to my son and DIL's house, not because I have to, but becaue i want to make sure they are home. They are so busy they are in and out all the time, and my DIl work at home. As for here, they can come in time they like.

Oh, and Lynn, I would love to post a picture, but I tried a couple of times and it didn't work. I know, I am totally without a clue when it comes to the computer. I'm going to ask for help though, as soon as I see my cousin, who is a bit better than me. So, one day. And i do have a picture on facebook if anyone wants to see "me". Facebook is so much easier than this site!!

Eveyrone have a good day,

Freda
Old 02-21-2010, 08:37 AM   #233  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
I would love to post a picture, but I tried a couple of times and it didn't work. I know, I am totally without a clue when it comes to the computer. I'm going to ask for help though, as soon as I see my cousin, who is a bit better than me. So, one day. And i do have a picture on facebook if anyone wants to see "me". Facebook is so much easier than this site!!

Eveyrone have a good day,

Freda
Hi Freda,

Let me see if I can help. First, save a photo of you on your computer. Make sure you know where you are saving it so you can find it again. Then, go to "User CP" and click on "Edit Avatar." Scroll down to "Use Custom Avatar" and click on the dot. Now go down to "Upload Image from your Computer" and click on "Browse." You will see a list of your computer files. Find the place where your photo is stored on your computer and click on it. Click on "Open" and it's file location will appear in the 3FC window. Last, click on "Save Changes."

BTW - how do we find your facebook page?

That should do it.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 02-21-2010 at 08:38 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:00 AM   #234  
Ellabella

S/C/G: 194/162/145

Height: 5'6

Omigosh, I just woke up about a half an hour ago!!! Talk about making up for lost sleep! I feel like a new woman! Okay, semi-new. Better. We had an amazing time yesterday! Left home at noon, and didn't get back until 9:30 last night! Didn't walk with Leslie, but walked for HOURS with DH, Morgan & Devon. Hope that counts for something, although we all know that the pace isn't maintained, and you do a lot of standing and looking as well. Ah, well. These days with the grandkids are worth it. I really, really hope that they remember these trips with us when they are all grown up, you know? Um. Eating? Oh, not so good. NO breakfast, no lunch, and a big supper at Cracker Barrel. <sigh> Back to careful counting today, though. Yes indeed.
PT, go ahead and claim the 4.6!!!! What the heck? Those kinds of losses are too far and few in between to not claim them! Congrats!
I want to talk about synchronicity. And I want to check in with everybody here. Gotta do it later on. DH and I are going to go walking OUTSIDE! It's 40 degrees outside! (Snow coming again Monday night) Have to enjoy these little breaks when we can!
Few pics attached.
Have a great day, y'all!!!!

Z
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Devon & the clownfish.jpg (37.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Morgan getting friendly with the Beluga.jpg (29.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Umama Morgan & Devon at the penguin house.jpg (26.9 KB, 16 views)
Old 02-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #235  

Yeah, it worked. Thanks Lynn. Can't see me too well, but the original picture is much clearer. I'll have to get a face shot!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:41 PM   #236  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...
Freda, we can see that you are very slim! Can you see that we're all envious???

PT, your grandbabies are beautiful! Glad you had such a good time, and, yes, EVERYTHING counts !!!

Lynn, glad the knee is better... Rosey, hope you're feeling stronger.

Cold, COLD, here! I'm sick of this stuff! Tired of shoveling, tired of running warm water over my hands, tired of my hands aching... I'm not ready for hated summer (hate summer!), but I'll sure love the spring!

Enjoy the rest of the day... stay warm and safe!

Old 02-21-2010, 04:42 PM   #237  
South Beach P2

S/C/G: 168/160/120

Height: 5'2

Hi Everyone,

It's been a very quiet weekend here, so I don't have much to contribute. DH and I rented the movie "Julie & Julia" from Redbox. It was DH's turn to pick and I didn't say anything, but I just knew I was going to hate it. Surprisingly, I wound up enjoying it very much! Meryl Streep made a very good Julia. Has anyone else seen this one?

Friday evening we went out to eat. DH was craving fried seafood of all things I'm happy to say I had a salad and broiled flounder and was perfectly content. I have been doing a LOT more cooking, but most of it has not been complicated. I was glad to get the break.

Still on plan with eats and exercising. Starting to see some results with the exercising. But probably only noticeable to me, LOL.

Zoe: Your day with the Grandkids sounds wonderful. Making memories are sooo worth it. I know you did a lot of walking and doesn't it feel great?

Freda: Is that a cast on your leg in your avatar? I share your pain with weather issues. We had a few very much appreciated beautiful days, but today has been overcast, icky and we're just waiting for the pouring rain.

Lynn: Glad to hear your knee is feeling somewhat better. Still, take it easy for a while if you can. Who is taking care of your cats while you will be in Italy and when will you be leaving? I've always been more of dog person. When our corgi passed 8 years ago, we decided against another dog. It's always difficult to travel and board. I'm glad we did the shelter rescue thing with the cat. She has been the most perfect companion. My first experience with a cat and I just love it.

Karen: I hope you're feeling somewhat better. Not fun. I had the "crud" for 2 1/2 weeks. Same symptoms as you, but just now getting over. Let us know what the doc had to say.

See ya'll tomorrow,
Cindy
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 AM   #238  

Wireless router not working. Have to use wire connection & no place to sit. Will have technician here tomorrow.

Check back then.

Lynn
Old 02-22-2010, 09:35 AM   #239  
Bobbi

Goody good Morning!
Not much to talk about but excited about unclogging my laundry room where we stuffed everything from our basement bedroom. I stuff things here and there and never could find anything. I moved the furniture back in since that room is done. Bruce is painting the downstairs bathroom today, will have to have plumbers back over to hook up shower and toilet. We've been using one bathroom all this time, what a bore that is.
Yesterday in church they had a sign up sheet for a Bone Builders exercise program starting March 9th. It'll be Tue. & Thurs. at 5:30 pm. Not only is it free but they provide all the equipment. I can't wait, the sessions are 1 hour twice a week. It's so much easier to exercise when in a group and it's only a 2 miles drive for me!
Lynn...good job on easing in 20 minutes exercise! I'd rather see you behind on your exercise and get your knee healed up for your trip. Take it easy!
Hi Karen...hope you're feeling better today. What's going on with your diet?
Cindy...what made you think you wouldn't like this show? Just curious because it's a show I haven't seen but plan to. But I'm a big fan of both Julia Child and Meryl Streep. Good choice on the salad and flounder too!
Quote:
I just knew I was going to hate it. Surprisingly, I wound up enjoying it very much! Meryl Streep made a very good Julia. Has anyone else seen this one? I had a salad and broiled flounder and was perfectly content.
Zoe...not only are these wonderful memories for you and DH, but also for the grands. They can look back and say, remember when we went to the zoo and grandma was her usual eccentric self! I think they appreciate a fun grandma!
Quote:
These days with the grandkids are worth it. I really, really hope that they remember these trips with us when they are all grown up, you know?
Freda...you do look skinny on that picture, the cast looks painful. I love the mats I purchased, wish I had thought of it before. My feet don't hurt on them!
Quote:
Bobbi, Hope that the new exercise equipment makes it easier to exercise.N
Linda...how fun for you to go hiking in the woods, I can just smell the scent of the air in the forest. That's a good hike when you consider the round trip of at least 6 miles. And I thank you also for the Leslie site, I hadn't thought of looking it up on the internet either. I haven't tried it yet, does it start up and stop like most video?
Quote:
Linda got out and hiked around, then drove up one of the forest roads for about three miles until we got to a gate that prevented us from going further. Felt good to get back into the forest.
Hi everyone I missed, gotta get going.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #240  
Bobbi

I posted this before but worth re-reading.
Quote:
Knowing the signs of stroke is crucial, as prompt treatment is necessary to help reduce the damage that can be caused by a "brain attack." Be aware of these typical stroke symptoms:
Sudden loss of vision in one or both eyes
Weakness or numbness on one side of the body, including the face
Difficulty speaking
Disorientation, confusion, or memory loss
Dizziness, loss of balance, or loss of coordination
Severe headache that comes on suddenly with no apparent cause
The American Stroke Association suggests that anyone can identify a stroke by checking for the signs of facial weakness, arm weakness, and speech problems. As a bystander, you can help to determine if someone is having a stroke by asking them to perform three simple actions:
Ask the person to smile
Ask the person to raise both arms above his or her head
Ask the person to speak a simple sentence
If the person has any problems completing these steps, call 911 immediately and describe these symptoms.
Closed Thread