Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #46  

Hi everyone.. a very nice day here..we went to captain cook park and watched the ocean,beautiful sunny day..then had lunch in town..lynn sry you are struggling just go back to what u know works for you..u can do it hope everyones having a great weekend rosey
Old 06-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #47  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,

Well, mom and dad made it back home safely. Their arrival was rugged. They missed their connecting flight - were misdirected by airline staff - then couldn't make it back to the proper place on time. We were waiting and they didn't show up. Went to ask the people at the ticket counter if they could check the computer to see if they had made it on the flight or what had happened to them. They told us due to rules, they were not allowed to tell us anything. I felt like I wanted to cry. I told them that they were elderly and mom had alzheimers, but that didn't get me anywhere. My husband then asked to talk to the lady's supervisor and in some round-about way, without breaking the rules, he was able to let my husband know that they had been put on the next flight.

It was quite a week. Some of it fun, some not as much. I feel sad that for the first time, I was counting the days until they went home.

Hopefully as time passes, it will dim the not so good parts of the visit and I will look forward to getting to see them again.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Take care
Old 06-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #48  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I'm pooped, will gab tomorrow. I made $490.00 on the rummage sale and I came home with only one car load. Bruce has supper ready, gotta go.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:03 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good Morning Golden Girls,

I know it's been awhile, hopefully I can get things back on track in my life.

I did read back a couple of pages, I'm sorry for the losses and tragedies that some have faced, and "atta girls" for those who have accomplished goals, and for those of you who are like me and have to get back to it..."let's go girls".

Well, my divorce is final. X is going to buy me out on the house, guess his mother is giving him that money too....lol. I don't care, I will just be glad to have him out of my life. I admit that at times I've been depressed, not over him, just because it's a new journey in my life, and at my age, it's going to be hard. But I can do it, with the Lord's help, everything will be fine. Mother is doing pretty good, I am getting thru one day at a time with her.

I haven't gained any weight back, but I have no idea why.......lol. I have started walking about 2 miles a day with a g/f, about 4 days a week. This morning it is raining, so I'm up to do my 30 minute strength training. My eating has been absolutely HORRIBLE, donut holes, ice cream, snacking, not regular meals, I fix for mother, then don't eat myself, then end up eating totally the wrong thing.

I had decided that this summer I was really going to concentrate on getting in shape. I have 6 wks left before we start back to school, I sure better get my boohiney in gear.......lol.

Oh, btw, I put some red streaks in my hair, altho it turned out more of a caramel color.......let me know what you think....I will change my photo and post a short note again.

Everyone have a great day!!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:14 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Ok, I'm not sure if my new pic is here or not.......lol, guess we'll see.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:07 AM   #51  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Had a houseful this weekend. DS and DIL and Baby were here and I was totally engrossed with my little darling boy. I haven't weighed as I'm afraid but I will soon. Spent yesterday sewing the two bridesmaids dresses. Had to do it when DIL was here as she's one of the maids (matrons I should say, ). I have both dresses sewed up and have one ready for hemming. The other dress needs binding at the neck and arms and then hemming. I'm hoping to see the end of that by the time I go to bed tonight.

BTW, I saw the canned pressure air at Walmart in the stationery department.

Hi Susan. Good to see you've survived the divorce and doing better.

Must go get lunch for DH who will be home in 30 minutes and nothing is even on the stove yet.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:46 AM   #52  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
I'm typing on a spotlessly clean keyboard, I found the 3M Dust Remover spray can in Walmart.
Susann...I was wondering if you fell in a hole. We're all so busy in the summer, our garden is looking fantastic, my peonies are still blooming and beautiful. We did have to fence in some of my flower beds that has petunias in them, the rabbits love them.
Isabella...our DD had a secret wedding this weekend so my SIL's feet evidently warmed up. They plan on having a big BQ in August with lots of people over to celebrate the occasion. I told her she should have eloped from the beginning but mom's don't know anything. I just can't see making a big deal of 2nd marriages.
Lynn...I seems to be drifting up too, now I need to drop 9 pounds. My jeans are getting uncomfortable. At the 2 day rummage sale we had all kinds of sandwiches on buns, rum cakes, rum cupcakes, banana bread, sloppy joes, chocolate covered donuts, etc. Guess what I ate?
ALL OF IT, WHAT A PIG!
Hi everyone else, where's the Karen's?
My printer died yesterday and it's only 11 months old, was $94.97 at Walmart. (Now $99.97) I took it back yesterday since it has a Year warranty on it. Of course they wouldn't do anything about it. I called the 800 number for Hewlett-Packard and what a nice company they are , it pays to buy a well known brand. They walked me through all kinds of tests to get the printer to work, then decide they needed to look at it to see where the problem is. They are sending out a new printer for free, same kind so I can use the new cartridges I just purchased and installed. I'll have it in 3 days! Then I'm to send back my old printer in the same box and they will provide a postage paid label. I love Hewlett-Packard.
I'm off to town, catch ya all tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:02 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning everyone! Gosh, it has been a long time since I've posted anything---sorry! We are still unpacking and trying to figure out what goes where. My son and his family have been here with us for the last few weeks and will be here until after the 4th of July then will be heading back to Florida. I really haven't been back on any eating or exercise plan yet. Between unpacking, going to visit my Dad at least once a day, and my son being such a good cook-----well, I just haven't kept track right now. Don't think I am to off but not willing to check it yet.

My Dad is still doing OK. He seems to be getting weaker but still always has a joke for us and is usually in good spirits. I worry when he won't eat very much but the nurses say that is all part of it. I cancat least get him to eat some ice cream when I go! Thanks to all of you for all the thoughts and prayers.

I don't have a lot of pictures yet but here is one of Tim and I in front of our new house. Once things settle down a bit more I will try to post more.

Take care and have a Great Day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2454.jpg (45.2 KB, 10 views)
Old 06-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #54  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
Nice to hear from you Karen31, I like the looks of your new home. How many bedrooms do you have? Is it right in town?
We're off to Rochester to visit MIL, she's still in the hospital and we haven't returned all the wedding stuff we purchased a couple of weeks ago. It's a good day to go since we have rain predicted all day, see ya all
Old 06-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #55  

Height: 5' 8"

Woo Hoo! Posting twice in one month! Feels like some sort of vacation

[QUOTE=Bobbolink;2779132]YoYo......nice to hear from you again and I'm especially proud that you haven't smoked, that's wonderful
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#9932cc]

Thanks so much Bobbi - I gotta say I am pretty darned proud of myself. Although I almost feel like I cheated somehow - honestly I had one bad week and after that I seemed to just shrug off the cravings like they were nothing. If I could figure out what the magic words were I'd bottle them and get everyone to quit.

[QUOTE=ladyinweighting;2781052]Hi YoYo,
If you take a look at my Accountability Thread, you will see that I lost my first 10 pounds in 3 months, my second 10 pounds in the next 3 months, my third 10 pounds in the next 5 months, and I’ve been fighting for the next 10 pounds since February of 2008! Not sure if my body found a weight that it likes, or if I now require a lot more exercise and a lot fewer calories to lose, or if I’ve just gotten less dedicated since I’m down around 150.
The good news is we are not gaining!
[QUOTE]

Quite honestly I think it's a little of all of the above - No matter how I try to stay focused as soon as I see 144 on the scale, I undo the whole thing by eating poorly - not even binging as some sort of reward, just making poor choices or only making half hearted attempts at measuring my portions. I would truly be happy to make 140 but I keep my goal at 135 just to keep myself from talking myself into a higher "red line" weight. Amen to the "not gaining" I've been sorely tempted to heave a sigh and sneak over to the maintainer's side of things but I know I still have work to do and would be short changing myself if I threw in the towel now.

Hi and hugs to everyone I missed.

Haven't had time to go back through all the posts but how is Karen3 doing? When was the last time she posted? Always had such fun with her sense of humor I sure hope she is still popping in.....
Old 06-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #56  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi to everyone. Bobbi, I was just reading over the thread and noticed that you'd asked me why I use Firefox. Well, the reason is because my two sons not only suggested it but insisted and installed it for me.

Just popped in to say Hi so I'm going to bed now. I'll come back when I'm less sleepy.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

[QUOTE=yoyonomoreinvegas;2788897][QUOTE=ladyinweighting;2781052]Hi YoYo,
If you take a look at my Accountability Thread, you will see that I lost my first 10 pounds in 3 months, my second 10 pounds in the next 3 months, my third 10 pounds in the next 5 months, and I’ve been fighting for the next 10 pounds since February of 2008! Not sure if my body found a weight that it likes, or if I now require a lot more exercise and a lot fewer calories to lose, or if I’ve just gotten less dedicated since I’m down around 150.
The good news is we are not gaining!
Quote:

Quite honestly I think it's a little of all of the above - No matter how I try to stay focused as soon as I see 144 on the scale, I undo the whole thing by eating poorly - not even binging as some sort of reward, just making poor choices or only making half hearted attempts at measuring my portions. I would truly be happy to make 140 but I keep my goal at 135 just to keep myself from talking myself into a higher "red line" weight. Amen to the "not gaining" I've been sorely tempted to heave a sigh and sneak over to the maintainer's side of things but I know I still have work to do and would be short changing myself if I threw in the towel now.
Hi YoYo,

I agree. My strategy is to stay in the "losing weight" mindset for the rest of my life. Otherwise, I know I will gain. I may never get to 140/145, but I will keep trying.

Lynn
Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 AM   #58  
Bobbi

Morning!
I have about 5 weird mole-like spots on my midriff and under my boobs that need checking out. I think it's just old age spots but DH insist I have it checked out. My appointment is this morning, then I'm going over to MIL's place and start packing up her stuff. She's still in the hospital and will have to go into a nursing home permantly when she gets out. That will make it the 5th move in 2.5 years.
Unfortunately DH is an only child and all the responsibility is on us.
Isabella...I installed Firefox but had to take it right back out, it won't work with my 'American Greeting cards' site.
I can post articles or recipes on 3 fat chicks anymore but I'd rather give that up than my greeting cards. I make birthday cards for everyone with their pictures right on the card. It's especially fun if I can get pictures of everyone's baby/youth pictures to put on the cards.
I'm off to the doc, catch ya all tomorrow.
Where is Karen3? Is she sick?
Old 06-18-2009, 08:17 AM   #59  
Bobbi

Good Morning Girls!
I am now officially on the band wagon to go to your dermatologist ASAP. Listen up, Yesterday I was zapped about 40 times on my chest, midriff, arms and hairline for pre-cancer cells. Ad soon as we get MIL home and moved into new nursing home I'll insist that DH goes too. He has the same looking spots on his arm, chest and back. The procedure takes about 5 minutes and only stings for a very short time. Eventually they will scab up and fall off so the new skin can grow, it's not gruesome looking at all. Well........I better wait a week before I give you the final word on that. Doc said it would take 2-3 weeks before I get back to normal. On that note I'll say good-bye.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Bobbi & Everyone,

I ABSOLUTELY agree. Last week, my DD (45) and her DH (62) went to local hospital for a skin cancer screening. Turned out she has cancer on 3 places on her face. Must use a cream that will burn off top layers of skin.

The type of cancer she has can be handled as long as it is caught early. Otherwise, it is VERY dangerous.

She really only went to the screening to keep her hubby company.

Lynn
Closed Thread