Old 04-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Bobbi: I bought my Mango in the frozen fruit section of the store. It's by "Organics". It's already peeled, and cut into pieces for ready to eat. My friend said she ate the dried Mango, but all the dried Mango I looked at had sugar added to it, so I bought the frozen. When I Googled Mango, I found it listed as a natural appetite suppressant. I'll have to see if I can find it again. Being a comfort food sounds good too.

Hello everybody, I walked today and when I finish at the computer, I'm going to spend the day at the library reading magazines.
I have a couple of friends who had breast reductions because of problems with their backs. I have other problems, but that's not one of them.
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #107  

Bobbi: Sorry to write in again, but I found an article you might be interested in: recipes.howstuffworks.com/natural-weight-loss-food-mangoes-ga.htm
Old 04-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #108  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Thanks Jada!
I checked out the article, very informative. I like the idea of buying it already peeled and frozen. I'm going to pick up a package.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:01 AM   #109  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Our Easter weekend is starting off with a gorgeous sunny day, but it is destined to deteriorate over time. I have a pretty busy day of visiting today and i'm just as glad that the day is nice.

Hope everybody else is having a good day, too.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #110  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning gals,

I have a package of frozen mango in my freezer. I have yet to try it. I was planning on serving it Easter with some fresh pineapple. That should work, right?

I walked 25 minutes yesterday! Briskly too! I am sleeping better recently so that's a plus.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:35 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Off to camping trip with my family to celebrate Easter and my birthday.

Be back on Monday,

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:37 AM   #112  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy pre-easter everyone!
I'm going to make a couple batches of the crispy cornmeal scones to take over for our Easter celebration plus a yummy fattening fruit salad recipe I heard on the radio. It calls for crushed Keebler chocolate strip cookies, cool whip, pineapple, mandarin oranges, buttermilk and vanilla pudding. I have to use all full calories foods because some people don't like artificial sweetners. What's everyone going to have? Are you just going to watch it like me or actually count every calories/carb you put in your mouth? We're getting together with my two bros/1 sis and spouses, dad and neice/nephews so we'll have a wide variety of tempthing foods to eat.
Catch ya tomorrow, happy birthday Lynn.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:57 PM   #113  

Happy Easter

All these Easter celebration goodies sound great. My DS and DIL are planning everything, so I won't know what's going on until I get there.

Happy Birthday Lynn. Your camping trip sounds like so much fun. My family likes to do the same thing.

Mango and pineapple sound really good together.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all....just a quicky. We are having our annual bridge tournament Thurs, Fri and Sat. Really a dumb weekend to have it, but that was what Memphis offered us. Doing poor than great than poor and great......Driving back and forth and playing from 10am until 6:30 leaving me brain dead. Must admit to a great moment which I will remember forever.....playing aginst one of the top pro's in country....he bid 3 hearts and my partner doubled for me to bid and I choose to leave it in. She almost died, but trusted me and we set them 500. He said boy U2 aren't afraid of us! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh WOW!
Off to bed....hugs, Karen3

PS Happy Birthday Lynn

Last edited by Karen3; 04-11-2009 at 07:55 AM.
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good Morning ladies,

Happy belated birthday Lynn, hope your camping trip was loads of fun.

Ok, meowee, I'm going to steal a phrase.....I am officially........depressed. My weight and exercise are doing fine, but things are not good at home, and I'm really sick of it. I need to make some extra money, at home, so that I can continue to stay home with mother. Would be silly for me to pay someone 10/hr to stay with mother, and me make 8/hr somewhere. Anyone got any ideas? I'm thinking after school daycare, K thru 3rd or 4th grade, they can ride the bus with me, and I'll keep them until 6 or 6:30, but probably can't get that done until next year. Any other brainstorms out there??????

Ok, going to get up and get my workout done, maybe that will help my mood.

Everyone have a wonderful Easter, we're not doing anything special, but will be glad on Monday when I weigh in...lol.

Susann
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #116  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Yippee, the weight and the blood sugar have gone back where they belong after that Thursday excursion into the world of salty chinese food. But, it's beginning to look like the forecasters are going to be right -- definitely not as nice looking a day today.

I love mango but never thought of it as having any special properties -- just very sweet tasting and although I'm not all that fond of pineapple, it would probably be great with mango.

Hope your birthday weekend is wonderful, Lynn.

Oh my Karen, I haven't played tournament bridge in years and years but can imagine your glory . . . I can also imagine your partner's feeling of impending heart failure too.

Oh my Susann . . . the only things I can think of would be . . . doing some telephone solicitation work (if you can handle the stress of people hanging up on you or yelling at you) . . . maybe you could ask around with local businesses and see if there would be any data entry type work . . . is there a University nearby where you might find some students looking for someone to type (and correct spelling and punctuation) in assignments. Good luck.

Hope everybody is having a great Saturday . . .
Old 04-11-2009, 01:08 PM   #117  

Karen, congratulations on your new home. It's always exciting to find that special home.
Karen3, Impressive move at bridge. You sound like a pro. People keep telling me to learn bridge, but it looks intimidating. When asked to join a bridge game, I've studied it on the Internet, but I can't get up the nerve to try it.
Susann, if it was me, I think I would inquire with the state elderly social services and see what support is available for caretakers. I would also go to the state employment office and see if I was eligible for unemployment benefits, because I was unable to work due to caretaker responsibilities, and they might have ideas on work at home. I would also look for a local caretaker support group to join. They might give me ideas on how to make it financially. I wish you the best.
Meowee, I don't like to weigh myself either after eating meals laden with salt.
Good morning to everybody else. Gotta walk now.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:13 PM   #118  

Height: 5'1"

Just stopped in a min. to wish every one a Happy Easter!

Lynn, Happy Birthday

Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 06:17 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good morning everyone!

Happy Easter to all, I hope you have a wonderful day today!

Sorry that I got on here yesterday and let my down mood show, but I appreciate the good information that you all gave me. It gave me some good ideas to pursue, which I will be starting tomorrow.

I got up yesterday morning, did my walk and strength, then walked with friend, did my day, then another friend, J, called last night, and wanted to go take a walk, so we did that too. (We walk and talk on the phone together), so yesterday was a great day for exercise and relieving stress. J is coming this morning at 6 to take a walk in person, so will be another great day.

Well, spring break has come and gone, and now it's back to work tomorrow, I would rather be on a schedule, it's easier that way to fit everything in.

Everyone have a great week ahead!

Susann
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 07:57 AM   #120  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Hope Easter Sunday is a really great day for everybody . . .