Old 04-23-2009, 05:21 AM   #196  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good morning ladies,

Wow, congrat's to all who have lost more weight.......way to go!

Bobbi, I hope your grandson does well with his surgery, I'm not surprised he was scared, I would be too.....for sure...

Well, I found a house to rent, one for Mother and myself. Things have happened very fast here, looks like a divorce is in the works. So, I'm in the process of cleaning at the new house, and packing here. I hope I can keep up with my healthy eating, it's going to be very easy to grab something in a rush. But, at least I'll get a lot of exercise...lol.

Hi to everyone, have a great day!!

Susann
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #197  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning Girls!
Boy, is it windy here! I thought it was raining because the bird bath was rippling like it does when it rains but it's just the wind. My chicken won't like being out today.
Susann.........I'm so sorry to hear of your marital problems, I hope you have close friends in your town to help you move and deal with the emotional issues you're bound to have. But we're always here for you. As far as eating in a rush, that happens. Bruce and I spent weeks and weeks going through his mothers house boxing up 60+ years of "stuff", we ate on the run or we didn't take the time to eat at all.
The article below is from the Sparks people and it's something I sort of do every morning for my bad back. My doc told me to do similar exercises and they do help, I just have to remember to lift heavy things correctly. Bending over is my biggest problem, like if I drop something on the floor, geeeeeeeeessssh, I can hardly get back up.
You all have a great day.

Quote:
Bye, Bye Back Pain
This sample series provides flexion, rotation and extension of the spine.

Still in the Sack
  1. One Knee Hug (lying on back – hug one knee into chest – feel stretch in lower back – other leg can be bent at knee or extended.) Breathe. Switch legs.
  2. Both Knees Hug (same as above – hug both knees into chest – feel stretch in lower back – breathe into the stretch – feeling your spine lengthening with each breath.)
While You Are Watching the Morning Show
  1. Hip Rolls (from above, drop feet on floor – knees bent – arms out to the side in a T position – shoulder level – palms up – allow your legs – knees together to roll to the ride side – and attempt to kept your left shoulder on the floor – breathe into the torso stretch – pull your abdominals in and bring your knees back to center and roll them to the other side.)
  2. Pelvic Lift (lying on back – knees bent – feet shoulder width apart – arms by your side – lift your hips up into the air – keep weight centered in your whole foot – and slowly roll yourself down –starting from your mid back, lower back and then rear end. Articulate the spine as though it were a ‘string of pearls’ – make sure your knees stay still during the movement – they have a tendency to roll open during the lowering.) Breathe
  3. Elbow Prop-Up (roll over onto your belly – prop yourself up on your elbows – legs extended together behind you – visualize lifting your chest – pull in your abs and feel your spine naturally extend – drop your shoulders and breathe.)
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #198  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Photo of my DD's new cat attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg New Cat.jpg (40.0 KB, 5 views)
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:29 AM   #199  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

I am a bit sore today. My leg muscles hurt. That's good, right? Most of my fat is around my belly. I tried my exercise ball yesterday doing sit-ups. Not too bad. I think I only need to do a million though.

I went shopping last week for clothes. So where do they keep the clothes for us 50+ ladies anyway? Frustrating experience for sure.

Congrats to those who have lost weight! Keep up the good work!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #200  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello all. I had a good week so far with eating and exercise so I hope things start a downward trend.

Lynn, that cat looks as if he's not sure he's staying yet. Ha, ha. Cat's are such individuals. My sister has about 8 cats and all of them different.

Susan I'm so sorry you're going through such problems right now. Post here anytime for support. So glad you've got yourself a house to live in.

Cindy, you need to look in different stores. Don't just look in "old lady" stores, ha, ha. Some of the clothes for younger gals look just as good on us as long as there's not too much flesh exposed. I've always said that a time comes in every woman's life when they look better clothed than unclothed. I'm definitely at that stage. I personally like a 3/4 sleeve. I think it is most flattering for "bat wings" under the arms. Good luck with that belly fat.

We've had a minor catastrophe at our house today. Mom's lift chair died. It's the motor. DH and his brother will take it apart tonight to see if it can be fixed. The chair is just barely over 2 years old and of course the warranty is off by now. Mom was very unceremoniously removed from the upright chair by DH and me and deposited in the Lazy Boy chair in the living room. She uses the chair for her bed also as she won't lie down flat so I hope we can get it fixed soon. A new motor is about $200 but well worth it for the convenience of getting her up and down. But a new motor will probably take a couple of weeks to get shipped unless we're lucky enough to find one locally.

Have a good On Plan day everyone.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:11 AM   #201  
Passion Fruit!

S/C/G: 201/136.4/115

Height: 5 ft. 1 3/4 in.

Hi everyone! New kid on the block!
Sunny Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Hello everybody and Welcome Sunny Gee

Bobbi, What did you decide on fast food? I haven't had any fast food for the past year. I was thinking today of getting a Whopper Jr. while I'm out running around, but I set out an apple to take with me in case I change my mind.
Isabella, I hope your DH gets your mother's lift chair working real quick
Cindy, Your exercise ball sounds fun.
Lynn, Your DD new cat is adorable!!!!
Susann, I hope your divorce goes smoothly. I wish you the best.

I'm staying OP and enjoying the hot weather. Getting up into the 90's already.
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:33 PM   #203  

Sunny, Congratulations on losing 5 lbs.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:21 PM   #204  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Welcome Sunny Gee. Come and post often.

Good News!! DH fixed the chair. It seems as if something was stuck. Mom is now safely deposited and eating her supper happily.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 05:01 PM   #205  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Gail View Post
Morning,
I went shopping last week for clothes. So where do they keep the clothes for us 50+ ladies anyway? Frustrating experience for sure.
Hi Cindy, I know what you mean. All that glitter and fringe and embroidery. Hard to find normal clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Lynn, that cat looks as if he's not sure he's staying yet. Ha, ha. Cat's are such individuals.
Hi Isabella, tee hee, She does have an attitude, doesn’t she?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Gee View Post
Hi everyone! New kid on the block!
Hi Sunny, welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada1 View Post
I'm staying OP and enjoying the hot weather. Getting up into the 90's already.
Hi Jada, we’re supposed to get very hot here by the weekend. I’m looking forward to it. Of course, after a couple of days, I’ll want it to be cool again.

Today I had one of those “hungry days.” Didn’t get to the gym this morning – thinking the change in schedule did it. However, actually did a wise thing. Bought some whole wheat/low fat cheese ravioli and some low-sugar marinara sauce. Also some whole wheat Italian bread – used it to make garlic bread with Smart Balance & garlic salt. Filled up without bingeing on high-carb foods.

Lynn
Old 04-23-2009, 05:06 PM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannp View Post
Things have happened very fast here, looks like a divorce is in the works. So, I'm in the process of cleaning at the new house, and packing here. I hope I can keep up with my healthy eating, it's going to be very easy to grab something in a rush. But, at least I'll get a lot of exercise...lol.

Hi to everyone, have a great day!!

Susann
Hi Susann, should I offer condolences or congratulations? Whichever, they are yours. When I divorced my first husband, I gained 40 pounds. (I also took up drinking and smoking.) I was 33.

Take care of yourself & lean on us as much and as often as you'd like.

Lynn
Old 04-24-2009, 05:37 AM   #207  

Good morning ladies, thank you for your kind words of support.

Lynn, I think condolences or congratulations would depend on which one of us you ask.......for me, it's congratulations. It seems that I am a pretty high maintenance person. I ask for someone who is willing to work and help pay the bills, someone to show me that they care about me, someone to give me lots of attention, actually, someone to put me high on his priority list. It seems that I 'm asking for too much....lololol

I'm definitely NOT going to take up drinking or smoking. My Crohn's couldn't handle either one, and neither could I...lol

Welcome to the group Sunny Gee, see? this is an emotional group for whatever the problem. Good luck with your weight loss.

Lynn, the cat's fur looks like silk. She is so pretty.

Cindy, I agree with Isabella on the clothes. I go to a store called CATO's here, and they have lots of clothes geared toward the younger ladies.......but alot of those clothes look good on us too. The 3/4 length is good for covering batwings, but I get way to hot in the summer.....I wear the sleeveless, and hope that whoever is snickering behind my back ends up with twice the size batwings that I have......lolololol, no, I wouldn't wish that on anyone......I just wear it and be comfortable.

I'm really looking forward to losing more weight and to start sewing for myself again. If I can find the time, when Mother is no longer with me, I guess I'll be working 3 jobs......lololol. Oh well, life is full of surprises, some good, some bad, and some just surprises.

My mind is sooooooooooo full that I can't sleep. I think I'm going to go and do my Walk away the Stress workout this morning.....that should help me some. Everyone have a great day, hi to those that I missed.

Susann
Old 04-24-2009, 05:44 AM   #208  

Wow, I forgot to weigh before I came on here, and look what I've done....down 2 lbs......well, I bet I lose some serious weight in the next couple of weeks, I'll just have to work at keeping it off.

Have a great day!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:49 AM   #209  

Congratulations Susann on losing!!!!! You're working hard. Hugs, Jada
Old 04-24-2009, 10:42 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Susann - wow, 2 pounds, yahoo! Good job!

I can't say my exercise ball is fun but I am sure I look funny using it! It will take a bit to get used to it I think.

I have a wedding to attend tomorrow. I am wearing a black top 3/4 length sleeve and a skirt. I think it looks fine. And no one will be looking at me anyway! They are new clothes so I am anxious to put them on.

I would like to order online but that's a bit scary too regarding sizes. I do pop into the Goodwill from time to time and find their dresses to be ok for me. Just simple and inexpensive for me to wear around the house. One piece so very simple.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote