Old 04-12-2009, 09:46 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning and Happy Easter all....Hope it it a pretty day at your house.

Tournament finished up yesterday by 5:30 and we had played swiss teams with a lovely couple from NY. And won our flight! I know I go on and on about duplicate bridge, but it is so good for us seniors. It is brain stirring and social stirring. Besides you can go anywhere in the world(or online) and play with people without speaking the language. The national organization has been working for years to make players more pleasant to others with a program called Zero Tolerance. You can actually be kicked out for being nasty. It is getting so effective, would like to start it in Congress!

Jada...Most ACBL bridge clubs offer lessons locally and really welcome new people. You can play with other newbies. A couple of lessons and 2-3 games and you'll be hooked for life. Thats what happened to me.

Just talked to DD and they are all packed and living out of a suit case. The mover comes Tuesday and they leave Wed morning. She says the freezer is in the horse trailer plugged into extension cord so they just load the horses and hope to remember to pull the plug and they are off.

Has anyone baked a sheet cake? I borrowed a pan that takes to 2 boxes of mix, but forgot to ask how long it takes to bake the cake. Have a 97th birthday coming up Friday.

May be a holiday, but have to play catch up here today....off to the grocery store.....mango and ham sounds good....Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm looking forward to Easter celebrations to test myself to see if I can stay within 1600 to 2000 calories when I'm around Reese's peanut butter and chocolate. A nibble here, a nibble there can add up. I'm not taking any leftovers home with me. I'm sticking to one meat and fruit and vegetables, one slice cake, and one Reese's. I'm eating a big salad before I go. I don't want to undo everything I've done in one day. Hugs, Jada
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 05:55 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. The weather was gloomy here, but an ok day.

I missed not having family around yesterday, you all sounded like you were going to have great times. But the day came and went, and I certainly survived. And this morning, I am down another pound, so I guess it was worth it. Maybe tomorrow I'll find another pound gone...lol.

I'm up early to do my workout, then will walk after my bus route, if it's not raining. Does anyone need some rain? I would be glad to send some your way, although this summer, I would need it back..lol

Ok, time up, will post another time.

Have a great day today!

Susann
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:27 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Birthday + Easter + Camping = 5 lbs!!!!!

I'm 64 years old & I've never learned moderation - guess it's too late now. I'm either totally on my good-eating or totally off.

Oh well, time to be back on.

Lynn

Last edited by ladyinweighting; 04-13-2009 at 08:28 AM.
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:51 AM   #125  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Scale is being kind to me . . . blood sugar is up a bit though. Now, the weather is a very different matter -- it's snowing. Hopefully just flurries that won'd really amount to anything.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #126  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning girls!
Lynn...you sound exactly like me, I'm a ALL OR NOTHING DIETER.
So I had ham, two kinds of salads, two kinds of scones, cheesy hashbrown potatoe bake, marshmellowed yams,choclate breading pudding and raspberry cheesecake. Did I count calories? Duh! I forgot to weight myself this morning. I didn't think about it until after I'd eaten my banana/yogurt/Fiber One cereal. So I'm guessing I'm up about two pounds. But the ham was very salty, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
Quote:
I'm 64 years old & I've never learned moderation - guess it's too late now. I'm either totally on my good-eating or totally off.
I'm off to town for errands, etc. You all have a great day.
Susann... on the loss!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 04-13-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #127  

I guess I haven't learned moderation either. My Grand kids brought me jelly beans, one at a time, and I ate them.
Somebody mentioned eating the heaviest meal in the morning, and I tried it. It seemed to be working until my weight bounced up again. I'm going to keep doing it though.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #128  

Hi Everyone,

Hope you had a lovely Easter. I was supposed to work but got a L/C day on saturday. So, at the last moment we made plans for dinner with the kids. The grands came over and we had our annula egg hunt and played with the new WII. Then The kids came over and we had dinner. I did eat a bit too much but not so much junk. I didn't have time to plan an Easter dinner so we BBQ'd steak. I just had steak, small baked potato and salad. so, not awful.

Lynn, I don't know if I will ever learn moderation either, but I do always make an effort to eat healthy. That is the one thing I can commit to. Not saying that I don't have dessert, but that I do in moderation!!

Karen, I've never played Bridge but you make it sound so interesting. I really don't have time now but when I finally retire I'm going to find one of those clubs! something to look forward to.

Susann, you can rant all you want. We all do sometimes. That's what friends are for.

Jada, One day does not make or break a diet. When you go over board just make up for it the next week. It takes 3000 extra calories to gain a pound. Most of our "over's" aren't nearly that. Especially if we get right back on.

Bobbi, Well, the ham is full of salt. I believe your story. ha!

Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:17 AM   #129  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh yuck . . . a little coating of white fluff is covering the dirty looking grass roots today and the little tips still sticking through look nice and green. Trouble is, today's forecast is calling for more flurries. Tiresome. When I think of April Shower, I think of rain not snow.

Off to the doctor this morning; then a few odds and ends to pick up. Nothing very exciting though.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #130  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning!
I'm watching Regis/Kelly right now and see Regis has my cold. Last Thursday nite I got sick with the same yukky cold. Bruce spent part of the week outside planting more raspberries, aspargus and a new peach tree to replace the one that died last summer. I was so hoping he wouldn't get my cold and ruin our family get together for Easter, but he did. I was over it by Sunday so I went to the party by myself, have any of you gotten this nasty virus?
Linda...I see you're down a pound on the Acct' thread, nice going! Sorry to hear about your new snow fall, is Nova Scotia always late for spring to arrive up there?
Freda...Good job on staying OP over Easter. I put our Wii Console/Games up for sale on Ebay, it was so very expensive and I didn't use it. Bruce can't use it because of medications he's on. I'm hoping to get $200.00 for it which is less than 1/2 of what I paid for it. I gave my Wii Fit Board/disk to our daughter and they love it. I actually like the Wii fit, it was fun to exercise to but just took tooooooooooooo long. Do you have the Wii fit Freda?
Lynn...hope your scale was kinder to you this morning, I'm sure you didn't gain 5 pounds, some of it must be water retention so hang in there.
Hi Susann, Karen3, Jada, who am I missing here. Oh, Isabella! What's going on with you Isabella, you haven't checked in lately on the Acct' thread. I haven't checked in myself today, I better get over there now. See ya all!
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 11:57 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies,

Lynn, loved your post and I love your quote too!

I made a big Easter dinner and no one showed up. Grandson got sick so DD could not make it. Understandable but....yikes - the leftovers. I was brave and weighed myself this morning. No loss of course but no weight gain either.

I am still walking daily. It's a bit boring but necessary.
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 01:36 PM   #132  

Good morning everybody
Susann, I hope you went down another pound
The Slim Me, Thanks for the information on how many calories it takes to gain weight.
Karen: You make bridge sound like so much fun. It would make me feel more at ease if I started with other people who were beginners.
Meowee: Too bad about the snow flurries.
CindyGail: It's a shame your grandson became ill. I hope he's feeling better. Thanks for the idea of eating heaviest meal in the morning. It really helped. My weight bounced back up, but I think it's a combination of my body being sensitive to salt, and my body wanting rest from weight loss (and too many jelly beans).
Bobbi: I keep wanting to buy game systems, but they cost so much (for me) that I worry I'll buy them and then won't use them. I bought a treadmill once and I hardly used it. I enjoy going to the gym rather than exercising at home.
I've been busy deleting chapters in my book, that I have put off for a long time. I knew I had to do it, but it's like letting go of old friends. Sometimes I wish I had never started the book, but since I've started, I can't stop.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:51 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good Morning all,

Bobbi, I have a S/I/L that was going to buy a WII, I'll email her and see if she has already bought one. She loves a bargain.

Freda, thank you, got a feeling I'm gonna need a place to rant and rave......lol
And, I also didn't know how much "over" it took to gain a pound. That's great to know. Can you tell me where to go to find out about facts like that?

Jada, thanks, but no extra pound yet, but still at 172, so not up either...

I didn't get up to walk before bus route yesterday. Didn't sleep well, couldn't drag myself out of the bed. We have a neighborhood beagle that chases rabbits all night, and if any of you have heard a beagle chasing rabbits, you know what I'm dealing with. I'm going to have to talk to the owners, because I'm getting about 4 hrs of sleep a night, I just get to sleep and here it comes again. I'm sure the rest of the neighborhood is fit to be tied. Good thing is the kids that own the beagle ride my bus, so I can tell the parents that I'm not awake and alert enough on 4 hrs of sleep to drive safely for their kids, which is the truth.

Hi to everyone else this morning, hope all is well with you too!

Ok, off to do my workout. Everyone have a great day!

Susann
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada1 View Post
I guess I haven't learned moderation either. My Grand kids brought me jelly beans, one at a time, and I ate them.
Hi Jada, My downfall was the chocolate and the birthday cake. I was something like a kid who isn’t allowed to eat sweets & then has free reign in a candy store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Hi Everyone,
Lynn, I don't know if I will ever learn moderation either, but I do always make an effort to eat healthy. That is the one thing I can commit to. Not saying that I don't have dessert, but that I do in moderation!! Freda
Hi Freda, I don’t know, sounds like moderation to me. I do great when I’m alone and in total control of what kind of food is in my house. Or, when I’m with others who eat the way I do. I totally lose it when I’m with those who eat differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
Oh yuck . . . a little coating of white fluff is covering the dirty looking grass roots today and the little tips still sticking through look nice and green. Trouble is, today's forecast is calling for more flurries. Tiresome. When I think of April Shower, I think of rain not snow. Off to the doctor this morning; then a few odds and ends to pick up. Nothing very exciting though.
Hi Linda,
Good luck with the doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning!
Lynn...hope your scale was kinder to you this morning, I'm sure you didn't gain 5 pounds, some of it must be water retention so hang in there. See ya all![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Hi Bobbi,
Yes, I was down 2.5 lbs yesterday. I guess the salt in the ham/chocolate was the culprit on Monday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Gail View Post
I made a big Easter dinner and no one showed up. Grandson got sick so DD could not make it. Understandable but....yikes - the leftovers. I was brave and weighed myself this morning. No loss of course but no weight gain either. I am still walking daily. It's a bit boring but necessary.
Hi Cindy,
Congratulations on maintaining over the Holiday weekend. That’s quite an accomplishment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada1 View Post
:
I've been busy deleting chapters in my book, that I have put off for a long time. I knew I had to do it, but it's like letting go of old friends. Sometimes I wish I had never started the book, but since I've started, I can't stop.
Hi Jada,
You’ve probably told us before, but I missed it. What is your book about? I’m writing a genealogy of my maternal grandmother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by susannp View Post
Good Morning all,
And, I also didn't know how much "over" it took to gain a pound. That's great to know. Can you tell me where to go to find out about facts like that?
Susann
Hi Susann, I will post some websites.

Today is cold and rainy. I need to grade papers. Probably stop by here several times to take a break from the papers.
I received the muffin top pans I ordered. They are Cuisinart – non-stick pans. Off to the grocery store later today to get the ingredients for the zucchini muffins.
Check back later,
Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #135  

S/C/G: 160/149/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies,

I walked yesterday, even a bit extra since it was so nice out.

I think my problem is I am not very motivated. I am doing the bare minimum as far as exercise and my diet is still very bad. It's like I am almost afraid to really dive into this again. Or I am lazy or whatever.... How do you get motivated? I had used an upcoming wedding but that has not worked. Its April 25. I had wanted to be thinner and buy a new dress, etc. How do you find what motivates you?

Thanks for your support!
Cindy_Gail is offline   Reply With Quote