Old 04-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #46  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Susan, I just used regular copy paper for the cards as they were a four-fold and that's what they used for the thank you notes at the funeral home. I cut the paper into a 10 x 6.5 inch size so they matched the size as well.

Today I indulged or should I say overindulged in the cheesecake I made but it's only today. It wasn't a heavy cake as it only had one package of cream cheese and whipped topping. It was an unbaked cheesecake which tends to be lighter in calories compared to a New York style cake. That being said it was still many more calories than needed but I enjoyed it and I'm not eating any supper tonight (except for the last piece of cheesecake that I ate).

I weighed in this morning and although I'm up 1.5 from last month I'm relieved it isn't more. I'm sure I lost weight this week though because I was spot on with just about everything I did. So this coming week I'm sticking to my guns (or should I say my bike, etc.) and not letting anything stop me from losing this excess baggage. For I'm going to be Superwoman and bust all the fat into pieces. Ha, ha. I can do this and so can you.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up here. We are now getting rain mixed with snow! But I think it's more rain because it rained all day and now it's turning to snow as the temperature drops.

I'm going to attempt to jog/walk again. I stopped for awhile as my knees were telling their age and that didn't feel good. If it's nice tomorrow I may even try it outside. It's about time the neighbors were treated to my jog/walk routine again after a long winter. I'm a few pounds lighter than when I stopped my outside walk in the fall. I wonder how many of them will comment on that? I always get comments, ha, ha.

Catch you all later and hopefully a few ounces or grams lighter.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody

Good for you Lynn in moving around every 3 hours. I've been doing the same.

Hugs to everyone, Jada
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Oh My Goodness!! It is snowing like crazy in the back yard and the sun is shining in the front!!
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #49  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Wow . . . I've never seen that . . . definitely experienced the 'raining on one side of the street and not the other' thing, but never had it happen with snow.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 08:35 PM   #50  
Onward and Downward

Hey KATE . . . based on your entries in the Accountability Thread, you are bordering on being underweight, Chickie . . . Did you maybe drop 100 pounds through typing on here . . . . . . I remember doing that one month last year. Great fun.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:32 AM   #51  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

That comment I made to Kate last night reminded me that I didn't have my daily weight entry on my Accountability listing . . . it's there now.

Hope all of you are getting sunshine today because I am not. April is definitely living up to it's reputation so far.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning...Just passing by on my way to grocery store, but have to tell you am reading a great book. (Nothing about dieting) Can't put it down...."Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen. About a young vet during the Depression working in a circus. Be back later....Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Good morning everyone, I just took apple strudel muffins out of the oven, to put in the freezer for Mother's breakfast. They smell wonderful, so I will smell and not eat...lol.

I just remembered that I forgot to eat my breakfast this morning...lol....but will go eat my cereal now.

Have a wonderful day!!

Thanks for the info on the cards, I will try that.

Susann
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning, I know we all share good tips for exercise and eating, I received this in an email and thought that this was just too good a "TIP" not to share with everyone!!!

Exercise for those of us that understand the true geometry of body
and mind. Enjoy.

EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 60

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty
of room at each side. With a 5-lb potato bag in each hand, extend your
arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you
can.

Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a
bit
longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato bag.

Then try 50-lb potato bags and then eventually try to get to
where you can lift a 100-lb potato bag in each hand and hold your
arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each bag.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:27 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 237/224/145

Height: 5'4"

Exercising every three hours seems to be helping my metabolism. It's interesting how I noticed my clothes getting loose on me, before I even lost the weight. I keep staring at the scale..I can't believe I weigh what I do. 3FC has really helped me.
Susann: Your comment about just smelling the muffins was funny. You have great will power to stay away from them.
Jada1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:35 PM   #56  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Karen31, ha, ha, ha, ha. My friend sent that one to me a few weeks ago and I was wondering how I'd ever hold out a 5 pound bag of potatoes. I got a good laugh out of that one.

I'm doing my BIL's taxes today and I'm stumped on one of the entries I have to make on his wife's form so I have to wait until tomorrow and phone the help line. So now I've got the rest of the afternoon to myself. I've got to help DS with his when he comes home. I rode my bike for an hour this morning but didn't get in my walk as it is raining outside. Maybe I'll try a jog around the house through the dining room kitchen and living room.

Anyway have a good day, chickies.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:09 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

BEAUTIFUL day today! My DF and I walked the boardwalk at the Jersey shore. Then we ate salad toped with seafood - mine was crab, her's was scallops - while looking out at the ocean. What a GREAT Sunday.

Lynn
ladyinweighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:46 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 186/167/140

Height: 5'

Well hello miss brassy gemini chick.....lol..welcome to the forum, this is a great place, and I have a sneaking feeling that it's about to get even a bit more lively...lol. You certainly have a way with words, and good luck on finding the aphrodisiac diet.......when you find, send it my way...

I got my walk in today, then we had a horrible thunderstorm, i ate good today, and hope my scales reflect that tomorrow morning...

Karen31, I guess I should add the holding potato sacks to my exercise routine....lol.

Hope everyone has a great week ahead.......

Susann
susannp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:23 AM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini the Younger View Post

This is Gemini the Younger radioing the tower for permission... Oh nuts! Hit the deck!!! Here comes my sister, Broom Chick ("Chick-a-broom! Chick-a-broom! Don't you just love her...") Gemini the Elder, making a crash landing by way of introduction... Oh well, at least the runway'll get swept clean. A new broom and all that...Sighhhhh....
------------------------------
So HERE you are! I've been looking EVERYWHERE for you. You didn't even give me a chance to warn them.....sheesh! Mama don't 'low no guitar pickin' 'round here.....

I see you got your gorgeous picture up in your avatar. I'm not that far along yet.....still the old avatar. But, then, twins.....they can use their imagination, right?

Aphrodisiac diet? If I've told you ONCE, I've told you how many times, you have to ease into these things......

Ah, little sister......if they thought they were Golden Girls before......

Ladies, Ladies, I would like to introduce myself. I did NOT ride in on a broom. It was a snowmobile. If she gives you any real trouble, just let me know.

In the meantime, fasten your seatbelts! This constellation has a unique energy, and you've just been zapped! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztttttt We're here, truth be known, because we heard you are heavenly!

GeminiTheElder

Last edited by GeminiTheElder; 04-06-2009 at 01:03 AM.
GeminiTheElder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:58 AM   #60  

Welcome gemini younger and elder..you sound like alot of fun..Mt Redoubt erupted again but we didnt get ashed this time..dh took me to see it from the beach pretty awsome across the water steaming away..i had agreat weekend and hope you all did too rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote