Old 09-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #91  

Hey..good news bobbiehope it relieves some of the stress u have been under,but as mom's we always worry dont we..those in the path of the hurricanes stay safe..ive got my grdd with me shes 10 and a big help to me..her parents went to anchorage to shop..the sil and grsons will be here this evening as they are going with my dh to the cabin for a week to moose hunt..its still raining,i'll bet the trails to the cabin are awful..but they luv it esp my dh teaching his grsons the way of hunting and the woods..im looking forward to the quiet at least for a day or so..hope u all have a fun and safe weekend rosey
akrosey49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #92  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up Friday Check-In

Bobbi, I’m so glad the prognosis for DD is good! I’m with you in providing DD with necessities. We’ve done the same for specific items too. I admire that you’re debt free – we’re working on it but not there yet. We’d better get there before retirement. The raspberries sound fabulous – one of my favorite fruits.

Vegas, sorry to hear about the job moving away. Love the thought of new clothes, though – good NSV!

Karen31, loved the Tech Support. The Hot Lingerie 7.1 really had me tickled!

Isabella, so sorry to hear about your thumb. I hope you’re able to function well in daily life past the exercise bands. There always seems to be something that surprises me when I get injured.

Gayle, glad to hear from you. I was wondering if you were sticking it out and if you had to work. Be safe!

Rosey, have a grand time tonight with everyone gathered at your house. I think the muddy trails sound awful too. I just have to tell myself “it’s a guy thing” and be prepared for the clean-up. I’m sure you’re ready for the quiet time too.

I wonder if Cat's feeling Ike - it looks pretty bad for Louisiana on the radar.

DH and I just took a walk around the neighborhood (keeps my step count up) – breezy and intermittent clouds. Lots of people out connecting and enjoying some fresh air before we’re all locked in for awhile. I’ve been hyped but can’t seem to get anything done. Guess it didn’t need to be done anyway. I’m going to cook for awhile. Talked to a friend a little further south. She has a family that was forced to evacuate staying with her.

Talk to you all tomorrow, hopefully!
PampGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 08:19 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all....Got home at 5pm and just as I was about to click the report online a player called that I had made a mistake. Well, it was a mistake but his partner had done it not me. I am good, but not a mind reader. They loved the food and ran me silly. I hurt all over. My legs and back are in spasms. Thank goodness the Irish lads are still between my sheets. For new comers I was having leg cramps and someone recommended a bar of soap between the sheets....Used Irish mist....It worked and my dreams have been lovely with burly Irish lads! Now is that TMI?

The weather report is so scary. Ike is due coming ashore at high tide. That is our biggest nightmare here. Pamp and Gayle please take care....My prayers will be for you all tonight.

Am still not hungry and didn't eat enough again today. This is a new thing for me. Actually today I did drink enough. But never had time to go potty. Be up all night correcting that problem....

Got everyone clapping at the end of the game. Announced that yesterday we celebrated a day of mourning and today we celebrated a day of joy. The joy of good bridge, good friends and good food.

Gonna crawl off to bed..take care you all....hugs, Karen3
Karen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:02 AM   #94  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all ~

Still hanging in there ~ Ike is outside the window. Wind has picked up ~ you can hear it a-blowing out there and is raining now. Lights are begining to flicker a little bit now and then. About to head to the bathroom (room with out windows toward the center of the house) with the cat. Hope the other people are ok.

Take care
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:15 AM   #95  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Bobbie, great news about your daughter. I can't imagine how frantic you have been!

Yep, the wind here is unreal. It's been over 24 hours of continutal gusts. I have a friend who has a great house on the bayou not too far from here. The house is raised with the "porch" under the house and the other half of the "bottom story" is a workroom. It is completely flooded now even though they had no flooding from Gustav. You can tell where the bayou ends and the flood starts. And we are hundreds of miles from where they are really getting hammered. this is only the very outer bands here. It has to be brutal in Houston right now.

School was a nightmare yesterday. They should have canceled it. We were (and still are) under tornado warnings. I was on duty in the hallway before school started and a tree on the playground snapped in half. The rain was blowing in two directions at one time and then the lights went out. The kids were screaming...we stopped that right away. Then the lights came back on again but flickered a few times throughout the day. Then around 1, we got an announcement to check our emails and that if the weather got any worse they were holding kids at school so parents could pick them all up and not put them on the buses. Luckily it had stalled a bit at bus time. All the debris we had piled up in front of the house is all over the place again except for really big limbs. It's a mess.

Gayle, I am thinking about you and hope you are safe. You are braver than me staying in Houston for this one. I've been through a lot of hurricanes, but this one is so widespread and so nasty I would have been scared to be that in that path. Please check in when you can if you have power!

My inlaws from Houston arrived here safely yesterday. My Mother in law (who lost everything in Katrina) is staying with us and my BIL and SIL are staying with SIL's sister in Baton Rouge.

Last edited by femmecreole; 09-13-2008 at 06:28 AM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #96  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh my heart just weeps for all of you who are currently being pummelled by Ike. Hope it soon calms down and leaves you alone. Weather station just told me it's heading toward Ontario, but hopefully will be much downgraded by the time it actually gets there. We have overcast and muggy around Nova Scotia, with rain in the forecast for both Sunday and Monday, but so far nothing severe.

No big plans for me this weekend -- just playing round with the two computers (frustrating me at the moment) and getting organized for my little trip next weekend.

Take care all . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #97  

Morning all....Watching the news about Ike. So glad to hear from Cat! Now we'll have to spend the day worrying about Gayle and Pamp. The days afterwards without power will be miserable in the heat. You Northerns are having Fall weather but down here on the Gulf it is still Summer and hot.

Bobbi...I was remiss in not saying something yesterday about your DD. I read your note and was so happy for you. Hang tight for the next 6 months and we'll keep a quiet prayer going.

well gotta figure out why my printer is talking to me but not printing. Had to laugh when it said "printing started" then instantly "printing done". Never heard my printer's voice before. Of course before it could speak it could print. This new puter is driving me insane. Hugs, Karen3

PS.......HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAT

Last edited by Karen3; 09-13-2008 at 10:20 AM.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #98  
Onward and Downward

Computers, and all their peripherals, are a plot by an off-planet war-like species. They are trying to weaken us for a hostile takeover by slowly driving us totally insane . . . it definitely seems to be working.

Old 09-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good Morning ----Bobbi glad to hear the good news about your daughter. I know that has been a big worry. Cat-- glad to hear from you. Sorry so much damage is being done in and around you.

Gayle and Pamp--- Please stay safe and let us hear from you as soon as you can. Gayle--- just left you a message on your myspace. Please take care!

I need to get busy here--- everyone else that I missed have a good weekend.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:01 PM   #100  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

This board is reading like one of those catastrophic movies but it's no movie, it's real life. I pray everyone is safe now that it's late afternoon.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 07:18 PM   #101  

Evening...Just watching on the news about Houston. A guy was standing in front of an office bldg where the furniture had blown out the windows and damaged the bldg across the street. Some of the blinds were hanging in the breeze. That was exactly what Pamp was telling us yesterday. Well 3 months of hurricane season is done and have 6 more weeks.

Quiet day here. No company No cooking No working...actually a really lovely day.....

Am ready to kill the guy who runs our club web site. At 11pm he sends me an email that he fixed the format. The lines were off center. I wrote back I don't know what I did wrong...another email saying I was not following the newset directions...which he had forgotten to send me...so he sent them this morning.

Linda...you are right the entire computer world is being taken over by aliens.

Had funny discussion yesterday about how same names are pronounced different in various parts of the country. Houston Texas is hewston, downtown NYC is house ton street. Newark Del is New Ark, Newark NJ is neork. gee that was funny trying to spell......

Off to curl up with last library book....hugs, karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 09-13-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #102  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Just a quick note to let everyone know, I've survived Ike! We lost power for good about 2:30 am this morning. At least we had a battery powered radio to keep up with what was going on.

Every house in our immediate neighorhood had limbs down but none hit the houses! Several trees split in half, up-rooted, etc but our little ones came through. The big problem in our area was lack of power - we even had water this time (still on boiling notice for another couple of days). Since we're in the relatively easy to reach (unflooded) area, ours just came back on at 8:30 pm.

At our work conference call this morning, no one in our department of 12 had power except the boss and he was in Austin. Since cell phones were all that was available for most people, placing a cell call requires patience and nerve.

Thanks for all your prayers! They were a reassurance. I'm still praying for those on Galveston island.
PampGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 10:29 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

So glad to hear from you Pamp!! And Happy to hear that the damage in your area wasn't as bad as others. Take care and keep us posted when you can.

Now we need to hear from Gayle...

You are in our thoughts and prayers.
Karen31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:21 AM   #104  
Onward and Downward

Okay for PAMP . . . how about the rest of you Ike-ites?

Just a quick little fly-by from me -- things to go and places to do -- or something like that.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:39 AM   #105  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hi Pampgal, glad you survived without too much damage. One reported in, one to go.

Cat, it's unbelievable that school wasn't canceled in that weather. Good thing no one was hurt when that tree cracked. I was always in wonderment as to why school would or would not be canceled when I was teaching. I guess it's a judgment call so many times.

Good sunny day today so I'm going to get in my walk before the rain comes tomorrow. Catch you all later.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote