Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #106  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi Ollie - nice to hear from you! Natchitoches came up for me too, but it was down on the last page. My no. 1 match is Truth or Consequences, NM. Love the name.
Old 08-25-2008, 03:46 PM   #107  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

Welcome, ollie27!

I moseyed on over and took that test. It gave me seven cities in Cal., five in Louisiana, and three in Nevada. Ha! I guess Florida was out for some reason or another--probably price!

I was glad to see San Francisco was on my list. That's the city I love best. I lived there for 15 years.

I'm about ready to go off to the gym to get my exercise in. It's going to be a hectic few weeks--so I need some gym time on my schedule. I'm going to Colorado to visit my sister next month for a week.

Jay
Old 08-25-2008, 07:53 PM   #108  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Well Arkansas and New Mexico frequented my list. Two states I have never considered moving to - in fact I haven't even visited either one. I might need to add them to my travel list in the future.
Portland Oregon was on my list too. DH and I already had it on our "short list" for travel plans. Thanks for the link JO -it was a great find

I love SF too Jay. I'm already surfing the net to find new places to go when we visit in October.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:51 AM   #109  

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone, Haven't been on in a few days, just really busy. Memorial service for BIL on Saturday. Very nice, saw lots of people i probably won't see again untill the next funeral or wedding. Picnic afterwards. Came home very sick. Not sure if it was the food or too much sun. It was very hot tht day. DH got sick later that night too. Haven't spoken to anyone else that attended to see how they did. Problems with AIR this week. First, the air on DH's truck went out, 2 days later, the air in my SUV. Sunday, the air in the house. Dh fixed the SUV but had to wait a couple of days for a part. Luckly, we know an air conditioner guy and he fit us in between other customers. After looking at it he said "I think i have bad news" but it turned out to be a broken wire instead of the compressor. Difference of 100.00 dollars instead of the 2,500.00 he first though.

The weather here is too crazy. Too hot Saturday and last night at GS's soccer game i had to wrap up in a blanket. More news. Not sure how I feel about this. DIL got a new job and will be working from home. I've babysit with the Grands since they were born.

I found that my perfect retirement spot would be somewhere in Washington state, or Oregon. There were a few places down south also, in the mountains and mostly small towns.

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 08-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #110  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi . . .

Nothing exciting in my life at the moment . . . just weird weather. Nice and cool today (almost cold, actually with a forecast high of about 65) . . . hey maybe I'll get myself outside for some major moving and shaking time.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:00 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone, I've been so busy getting my classroom together, and it looks worse than when I started. Meetings the rest of the week.

Counting- Is it more fun on the otherside of the lectern?

Freda- Sorry about all the airconditioning issues.

Spiny everyone seems to be enjoying your web site suggestion. I haven't found the time, but I will.

Ollie Welcome!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:13 PM   #112  

Hi all - another quick fly-by. First day of school for teachers, thus a LONG work dayl Beautiful weather in northern MI, thus, a long evening in the yard working. Hope you all had a GREAT Tuesday.

Laurie
Old 08-27-2008, 01:08 PM   #113  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Freda... that is too weird about your air conditioning! Why all at once? Jeez...

Our water was off for awhile today. Don't know why. It's back on now. But all it takes is a few hours without running water to remind you what a blessing it is. Imagine if for every single thing--drinking, cooking, washing--you had to haul water. In some countries, it takes up a LOT of people's (mostly women's) time, just to get water every day. And you sure do use it differently under those conditions.

Not much to report here--still working away. Still hot & humid. But I have no complaints!

Jay
Old 08-27-2008, 09:12 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi all, A very long day today. The meetings were very long and then I really worked a long time on my classroom. It is getting there. Have a great day.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #115  

Good Morning all,

It's raining here. DH says it started last night, but I slep right through it. I am usually a very light sleeper and hear everything! But I was exhausted. Had a very day day at work yesterday. Lost a patient about an hour after i got in. So from 8 to 11 i was working on that, then i had to take care of my other patients. I finally got a cup of coffee around 1 and got around to eating at 2. I was starved and relied on the cafateria. Ate way too much of the wrong things. hard to make good choices when you are that hungry. and came home and grabbed a bag of chips!! stress!! But today is another day. Back to normal.

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 08-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #116  

I wrote a long post and somehow it got edited!

Jay, when I was young we lived on a farm, and we had a well. had to carry water. We are so fortunate now, to be able to turn on a tap and get clean water. Or turn on the air and get cool air. We take so much for granted! I hate heat!! what did I do without it!! Oh yeah! I WHINED a lot!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:54 AM   #117  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Cool and humid here . . . . . . and very little sunshine available. Will be doing a little mall-crawl later this afternoon but that's about it for today.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #118  

Quick fly-by to say hello. I leave at 4 a.m. for the airport and my trip to TN. Gotta put on my "big girl panties" and do what needs to be done. Family issues are always challenging, but with my family - ahhh. Maybe I better get up early and get in an additonal meditation and yoga session

I hope you all have a safe and fun weekend!

Laurie
Old 08-29-2008, 06:43 AM   #119  

Laurie, Have a good trip. Yes, any time emotions are in the picture things can get difficult. Hope your trip is a success.

Freda
Old 08-29-2008, 07:32 AM   #120  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Good morning! And happy Friday! I hope CD does well with her TN trip...

flowingair, sounds like you're just about ready! Good luck!

slim me, yes, air conditioning. I used to be one of those who thought air conditioning was wasteful and anti-environmental. I have changed my mind. I'm glad that better refrigerants are used these day, though. But what a silly person I was to think there was some sort of high road in being miserable!

meowee, I hope you get some pleasant sun but not roasting hot.

I'm on schedule again and very happy about it! Work, that is. I'm also happy to be staying fit and maintaining my weight.

We don't have anything planned for the long weekend--how about you folks?

Where's Spinymouse? Now don't you go and disappear again, Jo!

Jay
Closed Thread