Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2008, 08:31 AM   #61  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Yippee . . . I have a functional sink in the kitchen again . . . and it wasn't as bad as I expected, seems all the water I've been seeing over the past week or so was a result of the deteriorating faucet situation.

Other than that SSDD . . .
Old 08-16-2008, 09:21 AM   #62  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Jay - that is some multi-tasking you are doing. Glad you are getting caught up. For me, I need to catch up with my cleaning. The dog is molting blond fur in every nook and cranny. I hope you get time for some fun stuff this weekend!

Linda - Glad you have water again, but keep up that extra exercise (walking more around the house)

Quiet morning here - procrastinating getting started on cleaning and gardening.

I need to set a timer and get myself moving ...
Old 08-16-2008, 11:45 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 225/223/150

Height: 5'5''

Meowee- Sorry about all your problems with your sink. I'm sure glad it's fixed now.
Counting- I know what yo mean about sometimes needing a timer to get started. I'm trying to finish all these projects before school starts and I head downstate. The trenches are down, now there's bark that needs to be laid down to cover up all the digging.
Jay- Good luck on your refresher course. I've always found taxes mind boggling.
Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 08-17-2008, 03:44 PM   #64  
Onward and Downward

Old 08-18-2008, 07:05 AM   #65  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hi ho! It's MONDAY!!!

The fullish moon is hanging right outside my office window looking spectacular!

Tropical Storm Fay is down south--and it looks like we may have to get out of her way, depending. But not until tomorrow morning. We can check the forecasts later today and decide whether to pack the car.

Other than that... ssdd. I had dropped almost 3 pounds on my new regimen, but a couple of them have come back, for no reason I can figure out. I think it's water weight in part, but what the hay, huh? Same old again.

Well, keep on keeping on, Chickies!

Jay
Old 08-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #66  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Yesterday turned into one of those "let's get outside and enjoy the sunshine, comfy temps, and lack of humidity" kind of days. This is what summer in NS is supposed to be like. Today is shaping up to be more of the same.

Wow JAY . . . hope that Fay stays away.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:30 AM   #67  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, I usually have the grandkids here on Monday and Tuesday but they went to their other grandma's. I am a free woman. What shall I do?

Linda, glad you got the problem fixed and it wasn't as extensive as you feared. I bet your legs feel all that carrying water.

Laaurie, Beautiful day to get a lot of things done. Yes, the weather we've been having is perfect! Went to watch the Grands play baseball Sat and it was a perfect morning. Sunny, cool breeze...

Jay, You amaze me! Taxes just make my mind go blank! I hope you're doing well with the weather. How is it looking down there?

Flo, Did you get all your projects done? I know you sure worked hard on the trenches.

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 08-18-2008, 09:18 AM   #68  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

You know, if you listen to the media, you'd think we're all in a state of screaming panic down here every time the wind blows. Today is bright sunny calm day, and I'm about to go for a walk.

Depending on what the tracking projections are, we may go to a friend's house tomorrow. The current track as of 8 a.m. looks like it would come pretty close. But we already have all our storm supplies--it's just a matter of packing up for an overnighter.

This is nothing compared to 2004--or even 2005. Back then we were packing up every other week.

Jay
Old 08-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #69  

A quick fly-in to say hello.

Jay, stay safe and let us know how you are doing if you can. We will be thinking of you!
Old 08-18-2008, 09:43 PM   #70  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi Pals
I know we've talked before about fiber. What do you all think about all that funky fiber in stuff? The stuff like tree bark that goes in high fiber tortillas, etc. If I put enough really highly spicy foods into one of those things, it will drown out the weird taste, but otherwise....well it's just weird.
Jay - yeah, stay safe from those storms. I wish we'd have just a little one here. Weather here is pretty boring so nothing to talk about on that subject! Ya'd think we'd at least be due for an earthquake. Or Something.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #71  

I actually do OK with some of the fiber-enriched foods. Flatout breads, Thomas multi-grain Light English Muffins, some fiber cereals (Kashi and Trader Joe's). But, I do tend to spice things up a bit with exotic sauces and mustards and spices.

We are getting just enough rain to water the gardens Perfect really, although I did have to put on a rain coat to sit out by the fire we built tonight. But, it was lovely! The pitter-patter on the leaves, the skunk running under the bushes ...
Old 08-19-2008, 07:09 AM   #72  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Good morning! It's another perfectly quiet morning in Florida--the moon is setting outside my window again. There is no wind, no rain. I feel that I have a duty to report to you all that as of 7 a.m., nothing is happening in Tampa Bay as a result of stupid Fay. This will help you to keep perspective when the media keep showing you photos of cars lined up on the road from the Keys.

Sometime later today I expect we'll get some rain. We had a funny little rain squall come through yesterday afternoon. I thought it had to be a rain band from the storm--and maybe it was a little isolated, wandering cell--but it kind of panicked us and we started packing the car. Only to find out later that the track and intensity had changed and there is no need to leave after all.

So this is my quiet, peaceful morning, and I'm very glad I went to the gym yesterday in spite of everything. And I may go today just to prove I can!

Then they wonder why people don't take these evacuation things seriously. Bah!

My other unhappy news is that my new food strategy was good in that I feel better and less tired, but bad in that my weight does what it always does--dropped down 3 pounds, and then drifted right back up again.

I could be really grumpy today if I gave it a minute...

Spinymouse--fiber--well, if I feel like I'm not getting enough, I put a little bit of Benefiber in my coffee or some other drink. I have eaten high-fiber foods that really were like eating sawdust or chaff from the mill.

Jay
Old 08-19-2008, 07:43 AM   #73  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Looks like we might get some rain this morning, not it's just dark outside.

Laurie, Yes the weather has been lovely this year. We didn't get rain yesterday, maybe ours is drifting in today. Skunk? You saw a skunk and didn't run? I'm not really afraid, but i've smelled things that have been sprayed. I want to be a long way from them!

Jay, Hope your weather continues to be mild. Stay safe!

Spineymouse, I eat lots of fiber. Yeah, some things are pretty yucky, but some of the stuff is quite good. I don't eat things I don't like. Too much food out there. I love Aunt Millie's 12 grain bread. 6 grams of fiber for 1 piece. And the kasha cereals and bars are good. And the Fiber One bars, yum!!

Make it a good day, freda
Old 08-19-2008, 08:56 AM   #74  
Onward and Downward

Other than high fibre cereal (like Fibre One), I get most of my fibre from lots and lots of vegetables.

The weather outside looks good so far this morning, but the humidity has climbed back up to 83% at 10 am and the prediction is calling for rain this afternoon -- guess three good ones in a row was a little too much to hope for. Hey, I've got inside stuff that needs doing.

See you later . . .
Old 08-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #75  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Well I just saw on the home page for 3fc something about lotus rice with 10g of fiber...I will have to check that out. I can't stomach breakfast cereals. I did try a high fiber whole grain English muffin but I will have to donate the rest of the package to someone who likes sweet things more than I do. Dang they are sweet. Fiber One products too - they taste like aspartame. So I hope I don't get tired of beans, beans beans. And that lotus rice sounds like something good for beans to go on top of.
Closed Thread