Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good evening all...I must have lost my mind. Still can't believe what happened. Went to play bridge and found out I was the director. Hmmmmm, no snacks for sure. No briefcase, nuth'n honey. My partner played with lady who's partner didn't come and I ran my tail off. Can't tell you how many miles I put in as pedometer was at home. Had to stop on the way home for stuff for dinner. Then after putting everything online, fixed dinner and after that went back to town for DH's eye drops. We had reservations that went thru until this morning and then I really would have been in a mess....

Oh well...made some cash and didn't make one tempting snack and have only 2 more days to direct this month. And just checked the Sept calendar and my day is the Fri of the tournament....no game. Yipeee....be done for maybe 2 months after next week.

Not my WI day but peeked at the scale this morning. Am up 4 lbs, but noticed yesterday in the car my feet were swollen. Pushed water then and again today.....never had time to take a break, so have to push extra water again tomorrow. The smoooshy sound will be me walking by..........

Bobbie..years ago I used white vinegar to soak off the crud that got around the sink in the utility faucet. Wet a rag and left it on over night. Next morning all the crud was gone and so was most of the faucet. And zucchine recipe to try(extra wonderful). Make zucchine bread and add 1/2 cup of bakers powdered chocolate. It is the moistest yummiest lovely dessert.

Cat...the babies are adorable. Mommy did good. Lucky she only has to nurse them a few weeks.

Linda...how scary for your friend and you, too. Glad everything came out okay.

Karen...maybe doing the 5K got the sales plug moving. 1st the trailer next the house.

UHOH...thundering gettin close. Gotta shut down. Hugs, Karen3
Old 08-04-2008, 09:41 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 210/173/135

Height: 5'6''

'Evening Chickies

We learned very sad news this weekend. The 25 year old daughter of dear friends was killed by a drunk driver, early on Sat. morning. This lovely young woman also has three beautiful children. We're still very much in shock and sadness.

Spent Sunday with these friends and just tried to listen and be supportive amid many tears all around. Tomorrow are the services.

I was kinda useless at work today at times, but juggled my schedule so I wasn't doing more than two individual therapy sessions all day. Handed off a psychoeducational group to our very competent intern and plowed through some necessary paperwork.

Fortunately I'm blessed with wonderful, loving,understanding colleagues,who have been a rock for me.

For those of you who pray, I'm asking for prayers for all the family and friends of beautiful Lindsay. Thank you in advance. For those of you who hold positive thoughts and energy instead of prayers I humbly ask for that support too. Thank you.

I need to close for now. Again thank you for the support.

Eileen

Last edited by Cute n Curvy; 08-04-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:12 AM   #33  

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning, Looks like we're going to get some rain today. Woke up stiff as a board and the skies are dark. Bad when you can predict the weather by how you feel! ha!!

Eileen, Prayers going out for everyone involved. They are blessed to have such a wonderful, supportive friend.

Bobbi, I hate, hate the taste of Stevia so this new stuff might be the answer for me. Is it sold in any stores?

Karen, Holding that much water is miserable. Hope it "flushes" out soon and you're back to normal.

Make it a good day, Freda
Old 08-05-2008, 08:17 AM   #34  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

OMG, EILEEN -- that is terrible news -- my heart definitely goes out to the entire family especially to her young children.

Hi there . . . to everybody else. Certainly hope your day ended well.

We managed to get about 15 minutes of sun yesterday, but then back to the rain. This is definitely getting tiresome and we had more thunderstorms, too and not too far from here, there was even a funnel cloud that touched down -- very, very unusual weather for Nova Scotia this year.

Guess I'll give up on waiting for it to quit entirely, because it just doesn't seem to be in the cards right now and I really hve to do a grocery run. Look at the extra exercise I'll get running between the raindrops.

See you later, gang . . .
Old 08-05-2008, 09:20 AM   #35  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Dear Eileen. My heart and prayers go out to the family of Lindsay and to you and your family also. Our 22 year old nephew was killed in an accident some years ago and I know how devastating it is to all involved.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:03 AM   #36  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Freda, I don't know, maybe health food stores. I first read about it a couple of weeks ago on the Dr. Weil site. I don't like the taste of Stevia either, the Erythritol is very tasty. DH had some on his cereal this morning and he approved.

Quote:
Bobbi, I hate, hate the taste of Stevia so this new stuff might be the answer for me. Is it sold in any stores?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #37  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Eileen, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend and my sympathies go to her family. I hope the service is as lovely as you say she was.

Bobbi, thanks for the tip. I've been wanting to try Stevia but couldn't readily find it [I wasn't looking too hard] but now I'll add erythritol to DH's list - he's our health researcher.

Karen, so sorry to hear about the water retention. I'd down the water too - and wear a pedometer to track those trips to the lou!

My crown yesterday was a success I guess. I only cringed once. However, the swelling had me throbbing for about 8 hours afterwards. Then it just went away, thank God! What a shame to have to take off an entire day from work for dental work.

DDs thyroid surgery went well this morning - DH just called! I'm babysitting DGD - lucky me! She's just waking up so I'd better get dressed. She can go see Mommy in the hospital this afternoon.

Have a great day all!
Old 08-05-2008, 04:08 PM   #38  
Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Good evening all...I must have lost my mind. Still can't believe what happened. Went to play bridge and found out I was the director. Hmmmmm, no snacks for sure. No briefcase, nuth'n honey. My partner played with lady who's partner didn't come and I ran my tail off. Can't tell you how many miles I put in as pedometer was at home. Had to stop on the way home for stuff for dinner. Then after putting everything online, fixed dinner and after that went back to town for DH's eye drops. We had reservations that went thru until this morning and then I really would have been in a mess....

Oh well...made some cash and didn't make one tempting snack and have only 2 more days to direct this month. And just checked the Sept calendar and my day is the Fri of the tournament....no game. Yipeee....be done for maybe 2 months after next week.

Not my WI day but peeked at the scale this morning. Am up 4 lbs, but noticed yesterday in the car my feet were swollen. Pushed water then and again today.....never had time to take a break, so have to push extra water again tomorrow. The smoooshy sound will be me walking by..........
Karen, you're always busy doing something. Hope your feet have gone down by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the slim me View Post
Good Morning, Looks like we're going to get some rain today. Woke up stiff as a board and the skies are dark. Bad when you can predict the weather by how you feel! ha!!
Oh, yes, I can identify with that. Some days I feel as if I need an oil can for my joints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowee View Post
We managed to get about 15 minutes of sun yesterday, but then back to the rain. This is definitely getting tiresome and we had more thunderstorms, too and not too far from here, there was even a funnel cloud that touched down -- very, very unusual weather for Nova Scotia this year.

Guess I'll give up on waiting for it to quit entirely, because it just doesn't seem to be in the cards right now and I really hve to do a grocery run. Look at the extra exercise I'll get running between the raindrops.
We didn't get the rain yesterday until the evening. By we I mean where I live. It seems as if the heavy rains just missed us but most of Newfoundland got rained on most of the day. Today we're having intermittent showers and overcast skies. I walked in the rain today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PampGal View Post
My crown yesterday was a success I guess. I only cringed once. However, the swelling had me throbbing for about 8 hours afterwards. Then it just went away, thank God! What a shame to have to take off an entire day from work for dental work.

DDs thyroid surgery went well this morning - DH just called! I'm babysitting DGD - lucky me! She's just waking up so I'd better get dressed. She can go see Mommy in the hospital this afternoon.

Have a great day all!
Glad everything is good with your tooth and especially with your DD.

I had a busy day exercising and making dinner for the hungry hoards I live with.

DH started building a deck on the back of the house. We put patio doors in the dining room last month and now he's trying to get the deck done before school starts. (He's a school bus driver.) It's not a big one- 8x10 feet -but big enough for us. Hopefully, we'll get some time out there before the cold weather sets in later on in the fall.

Last edited by retiredone; 08-05-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone...where is everyone? Got a new laptop yesterday and spent the entire day trying to find my way around. Having this 17" screen is awesome. Be back later, Karen3
Old 08-06-2008, 10:31 AM   #40  
Bobbi

Good Morning, I'm here.
Last night my DH called and said, "Come get your grandson". He is 16 and a very good kid but a tad lazy. He was suppose to mow the lawn, instead he walked out the door and was going to pick up his girlfriend. As Tiffany was yapping at him while he was leaving the house, he said "Shut Up" to his mother. She took the car keys, his cell phone and all privileges and sent him to boot camp, OUR HOUSE. He's going to be here for a few days while we try to instill in him some respect for his mother who has raised him all by herself without the financial support or the presence of his so called worthless dad. (His dad moved out of the country years ago so he didn't have to pay child support). 'Today we're going to put him to work outside doing some gardening, deheading, etc. I might even have him clean out the poop in the chicken coop. Ha, He'll love that job, maybe mowing the lawn will be more appealing next time.
Have a good day!

Last edited by Bobbolink; 08-06-2008 at 10:33 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:33 AM   #41  
Isabella

Well this is a deserted place this morning. Everyone must be busy. I have made a "to do" list today and I'm trying to get as much done as possible:

_____Practice Song for church
_____Sort file cabinet things
_____Buy evaporated milk SDM
✔Circuit workout
_____Clean coffee table
_____ Find children’s story for church
✔Birthday gift for Cody
✔Wash peaches
_____Clean frig
_____Clean oven
_____Hair cut
_____Hem black pants
_____Hem blue pants
✔start Church Bulletin

ETA: Bobbi, all the best with you DGS. Sixteen year olds can be quite a challenge. I hope all that hard work will make him think twice about the creature comforts of home. Have a good day.

Last edited by retiredone; 08-06-2008 at 10:38 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:37 AM   #42  
Bobbi

You must run on Gatoraid and have 64 hours in your day!
Quote:
Well this is a deserted place this morning. Everyone must be busy. I have made a "to do" list today and I'm trying to get as much done as possible:
Old 08-06-2008, 10:41 AM   #43  
Isabella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
You must run on Gatoraid and have 64 hours in your day!
Ha, ha, I won't get all that done today but I'm trying to put a dent in some of the stuff. I'm more interested in getting dinner (lunch) ready now. My stomach is letting me know it's time for a feeding so everything else is on hold until we eat!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #44  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Afternoon All,

Bobbi, I'm sure the DGS will be learning something while he's spending his hours working! You guys have my prayers! :

Retiredone, I'm motivated by lists also. I may not get it all done but at least I'll remember all I'd like to do rather than get side-tracked.

I've been cross stitching while DGD naps but my eyes get the best of me and I must take breaks now. I'm not sure computer surfing counts as eye rest!

DD requested split pea soup for her stitched throat so I have it bubbling in the crock pot for dinner. That's one of the family favorites from long ago and it's waistline friendly to-boot!

It'll be good to get back to the routine of work tomorrow. It's easier for me to regulate food and snacking in the familiar. And I'll be back with my trusty treadmill too!

See you tomorrow!
Old 08-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #45  

Hi..ive been lurking and reading your posts..im rosey from alaska and have posted here befor..i have been in the hospital again..and had surg again..im now at home on iv's and home health care but recovering..that makes almost 4 months that i have been in the hospital and its good to be home..some of u golden girls i recognize and others are new and some are missing like ellabella ?..i hope to join in and learn what works for all of u to help our common goal of weight loss..ive lost 112#'s 47 from last year and the rest since i have been sick..i follow a diabetic low carb diet and in rehab i learned to like exercise..its been an awful and amazing journey..the dr's said i wouldnt walk agin but guess what..i am walking with a walker and getting stronger..hoping to get reaquainted.. rosey
Closed Thread