Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 10:48 AM   #166  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning...fay is here! The water in our canal is 6" from overflowing. The rain was been heavy and wind is awesome at times. Next high tide is at 6pm. It keeps eating my note...so will try one more time.

Rosey...I remember your tatoo and it is lovely. Keep us updated on your flooring. I need a new kitchen floor and just don't wanna deal with the mess...

YoYo...Are you leaving your skorts in Vegas? That gives a whole new meaning to what stays in Vegas! hhehehehehehe

Well, battened down the hatches and just waiting out this darn storm. Wild to see the weather channel talking about your town. Ugh! Karen3
Old 08-22-2008, 10:49 AM   #167  

ps....split second after posting power went...yipes....karen3
Old 08-22-2008, 10:54 AM   #168  

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
ps....split second after posting power went...yipes....karen3
Just a quick hi - wanted to send positive thoughts out to Karen3 (and all the 3FCers who live in Florida). Hope you keep your knickers dry!!
Old 08-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #169  

Hi quicky...just logged on for weather update.....tide is on the way back in and there is 18" of seawall of above the water....This am's tide is still here....The eye is about 15 miles north of us....hmmmm....hi tide is at 6:30....May need my rubber ducky....rain is blowing so hard it looks like snow. Waiting for eye to go over and give us a break....karen3
Old 08-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #170  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Keep safe Karen. Sending a prayer up for you and your neighbors.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:07 PM   #171  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Arrow Win Some - Lose Some

Karen3, I can't see that storm spinning without thinking about you and your neighbors toughing it out.

All, thanks for the suggestions on the green tea additives. I'll probably get some things this week-end for trial runs before DH starts teaching on Monday.

Poor baby, DH came down with an bacterial infection and had to go to the doctor today. I'll be playing his nurse all week-end to get him up to snuff for the first day of school. I guess turn-about is fair play after all my down days and nights with the crown.

Off to prepare healthy, restorative dinner for DH and DD...
Old 08-22-2008, 07:28 PM   #172  
Isabella

Pampgal, what does your husband teach. School doesn't start here until after Labor Day. My DH is a school bus driver. Hope you husband is feeling better by Monday.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #173  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I ordered 3 computer savvy books from a Canadian gal 7 years ago and this tip is called "Blind Courtesy". Every once in awhile I'll get a forwarded message/joke and everyone's email address or access to them is broadcasted across the top. Even A computer ignoramous like me set this up so the bcc line is always showing. I made a copy of this and added it to my documents so it's handy when someone forgets and spreads emails.

Quote:
THANK YOU for deleting my address, any other addresses, and personal information, from this e-mail, if you plan to forward it. THANK YOU also for using "bcc" instead of "to" and "cc" when inititating both individual and group e-mails. This helps prevent spammers and hackers from obtaining addresses, and thus the proliferation of spam.
Here is the way to send e-mail to a group of people without broadcasting all the header addresses:
Blind Courtesy Copy
The Bcc line is the way to go. By default, Outlook Express hides this useful feature, but you can easily get to it with a couple of mouse clicks.
Open a new message window, click View and Select all Headers.
A new line, Bcc, will appear right below the To, From, and Cc fields.
Enter your own address in the To field and the address of each recipient in the Bcc field.
Each recipient will only see your address and their own.
It would be a good idea to “Save” these instructions and send them to all your friends that e-mail you. You don’t want your e-mail address broadcasted either and I’m sure they would appreciate the same courtesy.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:25 AM   #174  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Wow, am I ever behind (again). Yesterday was a great day, but it included Chinese Food. Amazingly enough, my weight is only up by a pound this morning (hope more www doesn't show up later).

Today is hot, sticky and sunny again . . . guess it will be a day of keeping the house shut up tight and listening to the roar of the A/C. Hmmmm, that actually doesn't sound like too bad a thing. This is the annual Blue Grass Music Festival weekend at the fairgrounds across the road and 12 hours a day is a little more of that type of music than I can actually enjoy.

Wow . . . I hope Fay goes away soon . . . keep safe and dry, KAREN . . .

See you all soon, gang . . .
Old 08-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #175  

Morning all....We are still getting so storms from this endless event. UGH!

Bobbie...How do I post pictures? Love to show you all the high tide yesterday. We lucked out that the storm peaked before the tide was fully in. It was down to inches and had white caps in the street.

Thank you all for watching out for us.....Now if I can just remember today is Saturday not Sunday sould be getting back to normal....Karen3
Old 08-23-2008, 10:58 AM   #176  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Well . . . Bobbi may have a better idea . . . but you can post pictures that already reside on your computer by using the "manage attachments" feature that you will find under the "go advanced" posting option. You can post up to 5 thumbnail-size ones that can be clicked on for a bigger immage.

That's the way I usually do it. I honestly don't know how to directly attach bigger pictures or more than five at a time.

Last edited by meowee; 08-23-2008 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:18 PM   #177  

Trying but new computer is still battling me... the dock is down about 8 steps from top of seawall usually. This was about an hour before high tide. Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 08-08-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #178  

Default fay too

trying to do 2 more....Karen3

Last edited by Karen3; 08-08-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #179  
In Pursuit

S/C/G: 225 / 209 / 180

Height: 5' 4"

Thumbs up Restful Saturday

Karen3, loved the pictures! I'm thrilled you're ok and the weather will be clearing soon. I'll have to learn to post pix also sometime.

Isabella, DH is classified as a special education teacher. He usually does in class support so he's actually taught everything from soup to nuts when the regular teacher is called away, out, or busy doing sport stuff (ie coaches ). His favorite is math. Texas just passed a law last year (and stopped giving waivers) that public school can't start any earlier than 1 week before Labor Day.

This year he has lots of computer (MS Office) classes and they are switching to the Vista upgrades. It's a good way to learn the latest and greatest - kind of like getting thrown into the deep end of the pool. My laptop (new in spring) has it and I still have to hunt for functions I normally use.

His meds for his infection are making him sun-sensative. We were only out walking to and from the car a couple of destinations this morning and he's wiped out :

Off to more nurse-maiding....
Old 08-23-2008, 04:10 PM   #180  
Isabella

There's a special place in heaven for special education teachers. They were such a support for not just the child/children in their care but the whole class. I truly looked forward to the periods I would have the SE teacher come in my room.
Closed Thread