Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 06:57 AM   #91  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

Another hot and extremely sticky day -- hey, it won't be long before I'm complaining about the cold again.

Hope you all have a great one . . .
Old 07-03-2008, 07:32 PM   #92  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

The biopsy results came back negative. I'm a happy camper today.

Got in another 5 hours of painting today. Painting masonry is slow going - so many little holes to press into - ugh. Now I know why I put this off for so long. But, the weather is fantastic this weekend, so I need to take advantage of it. So, I'm off to get in a bit more painting before the sun goes down.

Hope you all have a fantastic - POP weekend!

Linda - LOVE seeing that 215 on your ticker!!!!
Old 07-03-2008, 09:02 PM   #93  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Yay CountingDown!

Well, I don't know whether I can pull off an on-plan 4th or not. I guess we'll see!

Not much to report today--day off from the gym--pretty much cloudy and rainy still. Lots of work.

Does anyone watch "Seconds to Disaster" on the National Geographic Channel? I'm a bit of a "disaster" aficionada, if one can be such a thing. Tonight I saw the explanation of the Kursk sinking--the Russian sub that went down in 2000. A sad story of outdated equipment and poor design. And of course, the Russians wouldn't accept any help until 9 days after the sub had sunk. The men were long dead by then.

And I guess that's about all I have of interest...

Jay
Old 07-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #94  
Onward and Downward

Morning . . .

And a VERY HAPPY FOUTH OF JULY WEEKEND for all my buddies on the southern side of "the longest unguarded border in the world".

Nothing exciting for me today. See you all later.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #95  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey! Happy dance for CountingDown! Round two...heh.

How did everyone do on the 4th in the U.S.? I ate foods I wanted to eat--hot dogs, baked beans, even some Tofutti (a tofu-based "ice cream")--but I stayed within my calories.

I even made it to the gym today. Gosh, I feel positively... on plan!

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 07-05-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:44 AM   #96  
Onward and Downward

This may sound strange . . . since I'm a Canuk . . . but I had a great 4th of July. I live in a tourist town and this is our annual Lobster Carnival weekend and we had lots of US tourists in town and a really great fireworks display on their behalf . . . and, to the best of my knowledge, nobody fell into the harbour either.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #97  

Great 4th, I stayed POP - only because I painted most of the day. DH and I walked downtown and spent some time people watching at a coffee shop. It was an enjoyable day.

And - as of an hour ago- the garage is painted. I am so glad it is finally done. I'm glad I never have had to paint for a living - I really, don't enjoy it. Especially oil-based paints. Clean-up is just painful.

Have a great rest of the weekend all!
Old 07-05-2008, 06:17 PM   #98  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Agh, oil based??? I didn't know people still used that... Wow, that's a pretty tough job and cleanup, CD.

Yes, I'm glad that I'm not a professional painter either. A little painting now and then is about all I can stand.

Jay
Old 07-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #99  
Onward and Downward

I hate painting . . . would much rather hang wallpaper . . . every strip is so fullfilling because it makes such a noticeable difference.

Nothing exciting for me today . . . we seem to have another warm and sunny one, but the humidity is on the rise again, so I'll probably be doing the exercise indoors today.

Have a great moving and shaking good time today, gang . . .
Old 07-06-2008, 09:24 AM   #100  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey meowee, wallpapering is something I've never done! I always thought it looked really hard...

The last time I painted a room, I got a color matched primer. That can save having to do a second coat. But I found it "unfulfilling" in a way--because putting the actual paint on was just as boring as doing a second coat. It didn't look any different!

It's too hot and muggy today to do much outside. I'll just have to count on the gym later. I went off the rails last night with my eating--sigh.......

Jay
Old 07-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #101  
Silver Surfer

Being 50+ I think I’ll join you here. Mother of three grandmother of four boys. Working to lose some weight.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:47 AM   #102  
Onward and Downward

Hi there ETTA . . . to the group . . . glad to have you joining us.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #103  

ETTA -
Come back and post often - we LOVE new folk!

When we moved into this house, every single room was wallpapered - walls AND ceilings. I have been slowly stripping rooms and painting if the old horsehair plaster is salvageable. But, in the mean time, I have become a master wallpaper hanger. It really isn't hard to do, except those "slanty" ceilings. they can be a pain to do by yourself. I usually have DH help when I get to them.

My shoulders are so sore from painting every day for 2 weeks, that I went to pull weeds in the garden this morning, and well - the weeds won. I couldn't summon the strength to unearth them. I'm thinking that a Sabbath rest day is in order.

Jay - don't sweat the eating from yesterday. Just jump back on plan today. It won't hurt you much, if at all. I can't exercise when it is hot out - though, since losing the 80+ lbs., I am able to tolerate the heat much better than in years past.

I'm off to grab a glass of iced tea and a book and put my feet up on the patio. Enjoy your Sunday all!
Old 07-07-2008, 07:16 AM   #104  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

See you on the new thread, chickies!

Jay
Closed Thread