Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #1  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Default Active Folks Over 50 - #13 AGAIN

Greetings!

Active Folks Over 50 is a place to talk about fitness and healthy eating information as it relates to weight loss and/or maintenance--and also about any work, fun, hobby, or volunteer activites you're engaged in. In other words, the active part of your life!

Just a few guidelines for this thread:

- Raves about grandkids or ranting about your kids is out of bounds.

- Lengthy discussion of your illnesses, conditions, treatments, and medical procedures in general is also out of bounds on this thread. So is whining about old age!

- Positive stories of vacations taken, volunteer work, or achievements at work or elsewhere are highly encouraged! As are recommendations for books, movies, discussions of weight related issues, etc.

Join in!
------------------

Hey!

Here we are again! Why, wasn't it exciting to see that it was all... a dream?

Jay

Last edited by JayEll; 06-06-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:20 PM   #2  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all! Hope you had a GREAT Friday!
We have had (and continue to have) nasty weather. But, I have been able to get out in between the raindrops and get some gardening done. It was a long week, and I am glad to put it behind me. I'm hoping for a WONDERFUL weekend!

Stay strong, stay OP, and have fun!
Old 06-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Old 06-07-2008, 09:08 AM   #4  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi - what happened?
Old 06-07-2008, 09:19 AM   #5  
Onward and Downward

this happened . . . http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcement.php?f=217
Old 06-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #6  
breakfast rebel

Aaaahhhh. Thanks for the info!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:40 PM   #7  

Hi all - a quick fly-by before I go weed the garden. Jo - good to see you back again this weekend

Beautiful day here in Northern MI - a bit warm, but - I'm not gonna complain.

Have a great Saturday all!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #8  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinymouse View Post
Hi - what happened?
What happened?...WHAT HAPPENED?....What are you "UP" there?...WHAT HAPPENED?....I dude........
Old 06-08-2008, 06:20 AM   #9  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

EZ, you're a nut!

Morning, folks! Yesterday I pruned back a large bush at the corner of the house. It had to come down about a foot or so... got out me loppers and had at it. It will be easier to deal with now, but I'll have to give it some water for a few days. Fortunately this isn't the first time in my long and crazy life that I've pruned bushes... so I knew what I was getting into.

I'm seeing a new chiropractor these days. I've used chiropractic for, oh, about 30 years--it really seems to help my achy back, etc. But I hadn't found a new one since we moved, until now. Needless to say, lots of things are out of adjustment. The good news is that having lost weight, I don't put nearly so much strain on my lower back, which is now in good shape!

Have a good Sunday!

Jay
Old 06-08-2008, 08:33 AM   #10  
Onward and Downward

Nothing exciting around here . . . yesterday it got almost hot . . . today, strange weather -- overcast and coolish but it still feels very muggy out there. Been doing quite a bit of walking the past few days, but this might just turn into a Gazelle or WiiFit adventure instead.

Isn't it wonderful -- lose weight and every part of the body seems to start feeling and acting so much better.

Have a great moving and shaking day, everybody -- see you later --
Old 06-08-2008, 09:43 AM   #11  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayEll View Post
EZ, you're a nut! .....
Thanks Jay......I think

Angie has had back problems since 17 when she was hit from behind in an auto accident. She has seen a chiro for about 30 years too. Really helps her to get cracked now and then! She swears by her yoga too!

Happy pruning!
Old 06-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #12  
breakfast rebel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Really helps her to get cracked now and then!
Oh, and you are asking me what I am smoking????

I will however divulge that I have observed this weekend that the drinking of absinthe does nothing to enhance one's autoharp-tuning.

Jay - you have my admiriation. I won't do bush-pruning. Right now I am cat and house sitting, and it requires some drudgery, so I am whining about it all. I am a terrible domestic. I like going to work though, I mean my job. Someone explain to me why people understand it when people say they want to retire, and they think it's wonderful to do so, but then they look badly upon people who don't keep their living spaces tidy? I am the opposite; I want to go to my job till the day I die but I absolutely loathe anything housekeeping-related!
Thankfully, I live alone so no one else has to put up with my mess!

Hey Jay and Gary and CD and any other faith-interested folks: It's been a while since I took the Belief-O-Matic quiz, and a couple years ago it scored me as a liberal Quaker, and this time I took it 4 times in a row, and got different no. one results each time: Liberal Christian, Hindu, Unitarian, and some kind of Buddhist - the kind that starts with an "M" -- I guess I'm all mixed up, or, all for one, and one for all or ??????????????????? I'm sure there's a message in there somewhere!
Old 06-08-2008, 05:08 PM   #13  

Jo - thanks for the Belief Net reminder - I hadn't taken it in a few years either. I'm a liberal Christian at the top and Hindu at the bottom. And, as I have stated on numerous threads, I'm not a domestic goddess either. I would much rather work extra hours than clean anything. I love my time at home, I like "projects", but cleaning - definitely not my "cup of tea". My roomba, my auto shower cleaner thingie, my dishwasher - favorite appliances in my house

Jay - I see a chiro too when I need one. Though, losing weight and exercising regularly has really, really changed the frequency of my visits. I agree with Gary - yoga and pilates and weight training have done wonders for my back and neck.

I spent the afternoon pruning and digging in the garden. Years ago, I planted some veggies, including carrots and turnips. Now, every year, these wild 6 foot tall "things" appear in my garden and take all my energy to dig them out. And of course, I nevere get the complete root so they keep coming back.

It did feel good to work in the garden though, we had a hard rain for about 3 hours before, so everything smelled so fresh, it was a great way to spend the afternoon
Old 06-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #14  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey, that Belief Net quiz is interesting. While I was taking it, we had a thunderstorm come up, and the internet kept dropping from my DSL modem... Ooooooh... (Looking upward for lightning bolts )

Anyway, I came up Liberal Quaker, but I think I know why that is... even though in reality I'm Mahayana Buddhist (technically Vajrayana, but never mind).

Jay
Old 06-09-2008, 08:18 AM   #15  
Onward and Downward

Happy Monday everybody -- we have a gorgeous day on the go so far -- hope the rest of you are getting decent weather too.
Closed Thread