Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #46  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinahgirl View Post
All of that and to top it all off...a big argument with my husband, who trashed my cooking and then said I over-reacted.
Let your husband cook next time. I'm quite over-reactive myself when it comes to my cooking!!
Old 05-14-2008, 09:04 PM   #47  

Thanks. Actually we do share the cooking. He just picked a bad time and the wrong words. And, of course, I did say "Fine, then I won't cook anymore."

But of course, I will. We're speaking again now.

I ate clean again today, and on Day 5 of no chocolate! If I could quit smoking, I can do this!

Old 05-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #48  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

A quick post (hopefully more tomorrow) to let you know I am still alive and kicking. Church meetings every night this week (and a school board presentation on Monday night as well). Whew - what a week.
Staying POP and really enjoying walking outside regularly now

Oh, and more on this tomorrow - but - drum roll - the scooter arrived today It is wonderful!!! And gas prices hit $4.02 a gallon today - perfect timing.
I'm hoping to post a picture or two tomorrow. Gotta get it registered with DMV so I can start riding it
Old 05-15-2008, 07:12 AM   #49  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

CD, The scooter has arrived!

I'll be gone for another day--I'm off to a conference on native Florida plants. I'm staying over with a friend in her hotel room, and I'm hoping the hotel has a fitness center.

I went swimming yesterday--it was a nice day for it here--sunny, hot

Catch y'all later!

Jay
Old 05-15-2008, 07:43 AM   #50  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Gosh, Jay, that sounds like something I'd be interested in although I am currently "planted out". I've been digging, splitting and potting perennials for the past week as I have yet another plant sale this weekend. My muscles are feeling it but it sure beats last spring when I could work for only ten minutes before getting discouraged.

Spring is definitely here. Lily of the Valley and lilacs are in full bloom and the countryside is so colourful. Back in 1967 (Canada's 100th), the government gave out deep pink Centennial crab trees and every farmhouse around here has at least one. There are lots of lambs, foals, calves and other babies so the whole thing is sort of Norman Rockwell.

Just put on my new WATP tape and am going to start it at least!

Have a lovely Thursday.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #51  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there . . .

So far I'm just sitting around watching Purrecious and my friend's toy Poodle trying to outstare each other. My other four cats 'disappeared' when the dog came in the door. The Queen Bee, however, will not back down. She's slightly annoyed that he keeps playing with 'her' toys. Not worried about them because they are pretty evenly matched in size and the cat has no front claws.

I'm jealous of all those with lots of nice plant life in their yards . . . we don't even have sun yet this morning and the predicted high is 6C/43F . . . may never see any lilacs this year.

Guess I'll just be doing the Gazelle thing today -- LouLou and I went to town on Tuesday so probably won't go again today.

Have a good one, everybody . . .
Old 05-15-2008, 04:07 PM   #52  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Oh, Meowee, don't say you won't see lilacs this year, because if you guys don't we won't either and I love lilacs!
Old 05-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #53  

Plants are finally looking wonderful here. The tulips are open, the azalea is blooming, the myrtle is flowering, and most of the bulbs are still quite colorful. I really love spring! Of course the pollen is floating everywhere - so there are some trade-offs for my beautiful flowers

I got the scooter registered in MI as a moped today, so I am all set. Rode it to work and I had to visit 4 different schools today. It was quite the hit among the kids. With gas at $4.02 a gallon today, it couldn't have come at a better time

Last edited by CountingDown; 06-22-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:56 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 173/155/145

Height: 5'4

Default Hello Everyone

This is my first post. I will be 55 this year and have decided to get myself in the best shape of my life. I did it when I turned 50, but kinda let go for a while. My cholesterol went up, so back to work! I've been successful bringing it down from 278 to 211 in a year with diet and exercise..also lost some weight and toned up.

I walk 2 miles most days to and from work. Work offers pilates classes which I take twice a week. I also have been hooked on "Turbo-Jam" workouts. There's a lot of kickboxing in this workout and I was afraid it may be hard to do at my age, but decided to try it and love it.

My fiance and I will be taking swing dance lessons starting next week. I am having the best time of my life. I feel I have more energy now than in my 40s.

I can't wait to read how some of you keep active and in shape. I need all the inspiration I can get.

Take care.
Jo
Old 05-15-2008, 10:08 PM   #55  

Jo
You have found the right place to hang out. There are many active 50+ folk that post here

Sounds like you have a plan and are making progress. Congrats! Weight loss at this age is hard, but not impossible. Like you, I like to keep my workouts varied. I walk, lift weights, and regularly do pilates, yoga, resistance bands, fitness ball, Zumba and aerobic dance.

I think that walking has been my biggest success strategy. It really works well for me
Old 05-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #56  
Onward and Downward

Oh wow . . . I want a scooter . . . looks like fun as well as being great, economical transportation.

JOJO . . . glad to hve you joining us.

Well, gotta fly . . . hope to get back later. See you all then . . .
Old 05-17-2008, 07:53 AM   #57  
Onward and Downward

Hi there . . .

Think my exercise for today will be running to the bathroom a lot -- major cookies and NSA ice cream melt-down yesterday. Hey, today will be better.

It's a long weekend in Canada and think it is fairly (compared to what it has been) mild out there although it is overcast and very foggy right now. This is the traditional "opening the cottage for the season" long Victoria Day weekend so I hope the weather clears up a little for those folks that will be very busy with those early Summer tasks.

Hope everybody else has a great weekend planned, too.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:02 PM   #58  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey! Glad to see that y'all are still on the thread! Greetings, jojo453!

The conference had something for everyone--gardening workshops, scientific workshops, activism workshops, even a kids' conference with lots of activities. All of it was about native plants of Florida. Many states have native plant societies or wildflower societies--check it out! Why, I'll bet they even have such things in Canada...

One thing I found out is that a very large nature preserve, Brooker Creek Preserve, is "just up the road apiece" from where I live. You can browse around a bit here:

http://www.brookercreek.org/home1.htm

Click "Friends of Brooker Creek" at the bottom of the home page to see more information.

Lots of hiking trails (when they aren't underwater in the summer)!

Jay
Old 05-18-2008, 05:37 AM   #59  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

For some reason, I'm up way too early this morning and hope I can fit in a nap later on. Other than that, mostly SSDD for me.

Hope the rest of you hve some really fun things planned for the rest of the weekend.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #60  

A busy weekend here. DH's brother is in town for his once a year visit. And, I have a conference for work Mon. - Wed. so I am trying to get some things done ahead.

The weather is cold, but sunny - and very windy - so no scooter riding today, but I did get in a walk to church and back

I tried a new protein bar recipe since I really haven't found any prepared bars that I both like the size AND the ingredients I'm still tweaking, but I'm getting closer.I will post it once I am happy with it.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
Closed Thread