Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:49 AM   #31  
Day at a Time

S/C/G: 242/222/140

Height: 5'2"

I used to make my daughter a protein drink. I used half a package of the desert tofu, a cup of orange juice and a frozen banana. Tasted just like an orange julius with a little protein. No idea of the calories as did not need to worry for her. Kept her full till noon.
I can not believe I just heard Counting say that she had only been to DQ once in her life. Bravo!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:40 AM   #32  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey hijude!

That recipe sounds good! Yummm... I'll have to try that.

Once in a DQ is about enough...

I always thought the secret ingredient in Orange Julius was a little half-teaspoon of malt. But I can't prove this. Wikipedia says it's dairy creamer.

Oh well.

I am glad that eating contests have never appealed to me. It always seems so stupid...

What are folks up to today? Yesterday I went for a walk (wearing a jacket and gloves because it was rather cold here) and later went to the community center to ride the exercise bike. I still don't have my gym membership--waiting for a check to come.

Jay
Old 01-16-2008, 12:10 PM   #33  
breakfast rebel

Height: 5' 4.5"

Hi Pals -
Does anyone else get emails from Amazon recommending books for them based on previous orders?
Today I got sent this recommendation:

Gastroanomalies: Questionable Culinary Creations from the Golden Age of American Cookery
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0307383075/...92660_pe_ar_t2

Interesting.

Last edited by Spinymouse; 01-16-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #34  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Talking What ever did you do?

It's hard to imagine what you browsed or bought that made Amazon think you're that kind of a person, LOL.

Are you gonna buy it and review it here?

Old 01-16-2008, 08:40 PM   #35  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all - hope you had a great day. Doing fine here. Beautiful sunset tonight setting over the lake. Our community is next to two lakes. One of them is right in town - a block from the downtown area. We live in town - at the top of the highest hill, about 6 blocks from the lake. In the winter, we have a beautiful view (no leaves)

I'm doing well with exercising this week. Today I did WATP Firming (pink stretchie band workout) before work and did the Walk and Kick video after work. DH joined me

I've never had a gym membership. I'm just too frugal I think. I figure that I can buy a LOT of videos and exercise equipment instead of "rent" someone else's. There is no comparison of course, but I seem to do ok with my home routines. And - I'm not sure I would exercise as much if I had to go somewhere to do it. I think it is such an individual thing - a lot of people exercise MORE if they join a gym.

I made my "Pot O Gold" biscuits again tonight DH loves them. They have grated sweet potato in them. And - they freeze really well, so I can make a double batch (which I love to do).

Last edited by CountingDown; 01-16-2008 at 08:43 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #36  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

I don't live alone, and both of us are here all day long--so it's not always convenient to do an exercise video. The house isn't quite big enough! I sometimes do my Tae Bo tape with the sound off because I know the moves.

Besides, I like getting out of the house...

Jay
Old 01-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #37  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning . . .

Finally, it has stopped snowing after two days and finally, it looks like my power supply has stabalized. Yesterday it was going through cycles of 'off again/on again' -- with more 'off's than ons' Must get myself out and about today after two days of doing nothing, so I hope the weather stays coorperative.

See you later, gang . . .
Old 01-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #38  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey! Went for lunch at a Vietnamese place--had Vietnamese coffee, which should qualify as a drug.

Rainy day here--not a good day for walking. And, why, it's almost evening now!

Hope you're all doing well today!

Jay
Old 01-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #39  

Jo, congrats on the contest win for the BL DVD or book and gum

Jay, Vietnamese coffee sounds intriguing - one ethnic restaurant I have never eaten in. Something to look forward to for my next trip. I am attending a technology conference near Detroit in a couple weeks - I need to scout out some possibilities.

Linda - it just started snowing again here. We are supposed to get a foot or so this weekend. And sub-zero temps too - BRRRR.

Another good day today. I ended up working until 6:30 tonight (I start at 7 a.m.). DH was just putting roasted veggies in the oven when I got home, so I was able to work in a quick workout DVD. Never would have happened in the old days. I would have been crawling in the door with my tongue on the ground saying, "wake me when supper is ready."
Old 01-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #40  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

CountingDown, isn't it amazing? You must feel so much better these days!

Jo--was this the dietitian thread? Wow! Congratulations!

I'm sorry to say the Vietnamese restaurant wasn't all that good--I've eaten Vietnamese food in San Francisco, so I may be spoiled. But, the Vietnamese coffee was wonderful... Wheee!

I haven't been really hungry since, but I did have a bit of chicken tarragon salad as a snack--and Ranier cherries are coming in, and I love those!

Have a good evening!

Jay
Old 01-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #41  
breakfast rebel

Hi everybody -
Kind of in a funk here.
BillBlueEyes - I think the amazon suggestion was because I've ordered a lot of cookbooks, and also some stuff like a book on Bizarre Book Titles, which list some fine published works as:
1587 - A Year Of No Significance and
Drummer Dick's Discharge

Well I don't know what to do. Hence my funk. I don't want to work on stuff that needs to be done. I don't want to go to the bar, don't want to go to the store, don't want to sit and do nothing, don't want to read.... there doesn't seem to be anything that is fulfilling.

I did learn some meditation techniques that help this, but how long can I sit and distract my mind with the sound of the wall heater? It's only 6:13 pm.

I did go to a new exercise class today - "Chi Ball." That was interesting. I have concluded that I am dyslexic as far as left and right and front and back. Even the simplest instructions seem like complex choreography to me. The movements of this class seemed likeable enough, I just could never do them in the "correct" direction at the "correct" time. Can you tell I am questioning the "correctness" of it all?

Well I'm cat-sitting again on a brief visit to the cat's house, so I guess I'll play fetch with her for a while. She'll fetch for hours.

Have a good evening, everyone -
Old 01-17-2008, 09:22 PM   #42  
breakfast rebel

CD and Jay - just saw your most recent messages -- Thanks, yes, it was the drawing for people who asked questions to the dietician. It's nice to win something! I chose the book since I don't have a TV to watch a DVD on... thanks again!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #43  

Jo - I thought it was just me that had trouble following along I love my aerobic dance videos, but it takes me a few times through before I "get" the moves. A couple videos even post "no complicated steps" - and I STILL have trouble! Chi ball sounds interesting.

We had a snow day at school today. Thus, I actually got quite a bit of work done. The office was so quiet AND, I was complaining yesterday that I do a lot of exercising that isn't productive - so I was rewarded today with a bunch of snow to shovel this morning. Open mouth insert ...

AND- we are supposed to get another foot this weekend - along with sub-zero temps. Looks like more shoveling will be in my very near future.

Have a GREAT weekend all!
Old 01-18-2008, 07:43 PM   #44  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

Hey Spiny--do you not have a computer at home, either? Oh, you must! Doesn't your computer have a DVD drive?

Jay
Old 01-18-2008, 09:56 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 168/157/125

Height: 5 and nothing more

Spiny- I can imagine that you don't own a television for reasons that make sense. For me a television brings me information in a visual way that other modes do not. Believe it or not I actually learn about many interesting
subjects from television.

Vietmanese food is staple take out where I live in the Pacific NW. There is a Vietnamese restaurant on every corner! It's cheap and uses a lot of fresh ingredients with many vegetarian options. Fresh spring rolls are one of my favorites because all they really consist of is fresh vegs in a very thin rice paper wrapper. There is a little metal drip thing that people use to make Vietnamese coffee. It's like a French press that goes over your coffee cup and drips into the cup. I take mine with me whenever I travel. The other secret ingredient is sweetened condensed milk. I don't drink it because of the calorie count. But if you are a coffee lover the little drip thingy makes a mighty fine cup (kind of like a shot of espresso) and you can just add soy milk or whatever you choose.
Closed Thread