View Single Post
Old 04-02-2016, 05:59 AM   #9
BillBlueEyes
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Saturday - Charles Hall patented aluminum (1899)

Diet Coaches/Buddies – Shopping presented the opportunity to buy extra snacks. I didn't, CREDIT moi. The clue for me is that I'm drawn to the whole bag of cookies and to the whole jar of peanuts. Hot cross buns are still for sale a week after Easter. I thought those were for Easter Sunday only.

Not much exercise. I spent a bunch of time shopping at an auto parts store for stuff in the category of muffler repair. The muffler of my 19 year old Toyota, our second car, is too loud to pass inspection and the cumulative repairs needed are much more money than the car is worth. Obvious conclusion is to get another car. I'd like the muffler just to last a few months so that I can make a sane choice. I face the same choice as always: practical car that can haul stuff like a wagon or van vs. uber small all electric car that's friendly to the environment but only hauls two humans a short distance.

onebyone – That's a busy schedule of shows! Yay for making plans.

Joy (gardenerjoy) – Emailing chicken soup to fight back pain. It's hard to think rationally when the back hurts. Kudos for baby steps.

nationalparker – Super Kudos for backing up to get on the scale. LOL that you monitor the donuts on Donut Friday.

Karen (karenrn) - LOL at the thought of you acclimating to walking on flat ground after Machu Picchu. [Drooling over those asparagus.]

Sandy (love2garden) - I know that tension between the joy of heirloom tomatoes and the assured production of the cherry varieties.

Ani (dailypractice) - What a terrific first response card: "NO IF’S AND’S OR BUT’S…. NO CHOICE."

Readers -
Quote:
Chapter 5 Food Pusher Traps

#4: The People Pleaser Trap

As Theresa answered these questions, I made a cost analysis chart so she could see the consequences in black and white.
Cost to Suzanne if I turn down dessert
Mild brief disappointment
Cost to me if I give in to her food pushing
Eating extra food and gaining weight
Feeling weak and guilty for giving in
Feeling a loss of control over my eating
Greatly increasing the likelihood of overeating later on
Strengthening my giving in muscle
Continuing an unhealthy pattern
Feeling very disappointed for a long time when I keep gaining whatever weight I've lost
Seeing the consequences in black and white made the choice stark.

Judith S. Beck, Ph.D., Deborah Beck Busis, The Diet Trap Solution, Train Your Brain to Lose Weight and Keep It Off for Good (Blue book), pg. 97
Following Dr. Judith Beck via 3FC's Beck Diet Solution Forum: 10 years and 6 months