View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 07:43 PM   #125
slownsteady
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Good Morning Augusters and All! Weigh In #5 today......Hope to at least reach the -20 mark! Wish me luck!
WHEW! Just made it! Down 1.5 lb today - lower than I'd hoped, but I really was preparing myself for a slowdown soon, so I'm ok with it. The best part is that I can now say I hit the 20 lbs off mark!! Yay! I needed that!

Since I've been 100% OP, I asked my coach if there was anything I could tweak/change to hopefully boost my loss next time. She looked through my food journal and suggested I eat less red meat - more fish and chicken. Check! She also suggested I start adding some activity/exercise at least 3 days per week (I've remained very sedentary) to rev my metabolism. Check!

So, took the dog for a walk when I got home, and am dusting off my treadmill and plan to get back to using that thing! Dinner - just had 2 fish (cod) tacos for dinner made with Potato Puree tortillas, shredded cabbage, 1/4 c chopped tomato and hot sauce. I'd forgotten how easy it was to make fish using my small George Foreman grill! 5 min start to finish, and perfectly flaky!

So, increased activity and sticking with fish and chicken for now. Hope to see a boost next week! But even if I continue with slower weekly losses, as long as I know I'm doing everything I can, I'll be fine with it. I'll still go to sleep every night dreaming of reaching goal and knowing it WILL be reality!