Old 08-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #211  

Oh brother, just lost a long, nearly complete post. Bleh. I'll have to come back later. Gonna run down the street quick to Walgreens and get a passport photo taken while there's a lull between the morning and lunch rush there.

TTFN!!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:13 PM   #212  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Crazy busy day today. First thing when I came in, I got hit with an issue that is believed to be related to a minor change I made a couple days ago. And if it is, then this is the stupidest content management system I've ever seen...basically all I did was make the company field on the create an account page required. Now, it seems if you change the company (e.g., you move to a different company), it changes the master record of the original company to your new company's address! Craziness!

Gotta run and put out this fire. At least they're closing the office at 2 pm today, so my step-brother and I are going to finally see Wolverine.

Much love,

Last edited by diyana; 08-30-2013 at 12:26 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:30 PM   #213  

Ceejay – Safe travels! Yup, the mowing is most certainly exercise, and lots of it! I say leave the workout dvd at home and get your exercise shopping!! Enjoy the time with your sis and niece.

Annie – Hope you’re enjoying your visit to the zoo w/ dd and li’l guy. Not too hot I hope!!

Michelle – Glad your gym has a lot to offer, especially the aqua aerobics classes, etc. I hope you can gradually strengthen your core and your stamina and be able to do all the hikes/dogwalks/whatever that you want!!! Don't get the work problem, but I hope you can get it rectified quickly!!

Happy – If I have any doubts about the splits on the tomatoes, they just get tossed. Sometimes the cherry tomatoes have split just when I pull them off the vine! Too bad re the shade. We have pleated ones in our two bathrooms and they’ve been fine for our needs. Ours are opaque, but the light comes through – did you mean you could see light & shadows through yours or see everything? What I like about ours is that we ordered them to open from either the top or the bottom. Convenient for privacy, and when the window is open from either top or bottom and we want to let the air come through. Luckily, the powder room window is narrow and a new shade won’t cost a fortune when we finally get to the point of ordering one to match the new colors. The current one is seafoam green.

I was going to suggest a book for those shifts when you’re all alone at the thrift shop, but you’ve already thought of that. Glad you liked Silver Linings Playbook. Yes, it was odd and often funny, but sad too. You’ll have to let me know how you like Big Wedding. I didn’t hear great things about it…

Re the barre class, it’s not really a ballet class, it just utilizes the barre. The catalog description is: “…offers the core conditioning of Pilates, the muscle shaping technique of isometrics, and the elongating principles of dance conditioning all rolled up into a revolutionary new workout that will reshape your entire body.” The class is only 7 sessions, and then another session of it starts after that, so it’s short enough that I can bear it even if it ends up not being my cup of tea.

Hi Mel, Hi Shad!!
==
After my conference call this morning I ran next door to Walgreens and had my passport photo taken. Have to run out again to pick it up in a bit.

The office closes at 3 today so I’m catching the special 3:10 express home. After work, bf and I will install the "new-to-us" headboard. We ordered and received the adapter thingy and then discovered our sleep number bed is already on a standard type of bed frame and we don’t even need the adapter!! Why we didn’t know that already is beyond me. Bf has already returned it.

That’s it for now. Everyone have a great day and if you’re celebrating Labor Day, have a great long weekend!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #214  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OF MY LIFE!!

I JUST WANTED TO CHECK IN.
JUST BOUGHT THE SECURITY PACK. MY CHECK CLEARED THIS MORNING.
INSTALLATAION WAS A PITA
MY LIFE HAS BEEN INSANE SINCE I LEFT.
MURPHY'S LAW NEEDS TO BE RENAMED TO MELODY'S LAW.
AND JEN LEARNED SOME VERY EXPENSIVE LESSONS.
WILL READ YOUR POSTS FRIST AND THEN COME BACK.

HAPPY WEEKEND!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 AM   #215  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

WHERE TO BEGIN. I'LL MAKE THIS SHORT.
MY EXTRA CHECK IS DELAYED.
LADY IS ON VACATION.
JEN TRIED TO USE HER EXPIRED DRIVER'S LICENSE TO GET MONEY OUT OF HER ACCT.
LONG STORY SHORT...THE WOMAN REALIZED IT AT THE LAST MINUTE, TOOK THE MONEY BACK AND IT COST ALMOST $100 IN FEES TO 2 BANKS AND A CREDIT CARD.
FEES FOR TAKING IT OUT AND PUTTING IT BACK.
I WANTED TO SHOOT HER CAUSE SHE KNEW IT WAS EXPIRED
WORK IS NUTS. SO ARE THE PEOPLE.
MY FRIEND IS STILL LOOKING INTO EARLY RETIREMENT.
HER HUBBY IS AGAINST IT. SIGH.
RICHIE FEELS BETTER AND TOOTH WILL BE PULLED SOON.
ONE MORE ROUND OF ANTIBIOTICS.
WEIRD THINGS GOING ON HERE.
STRANGE MEN IN THE BLDG SELLING CHEAP ELECTRIC RATES ETC.
SENIORS WENT INTO PANIC MODE SEEING A STRANGERS. WTF.
COPS TELLING ME TO CALL THEM AND LET THEM DO THE WORK.
OK I WILL. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
THE BBQ WAS HELD DURING A THUNDERSTORM.
NEEDLESS TO SAY EVERYONE WAS INDOORS. WHAT A MOB!
I HAD VERTIGO BEST PART OF THE WEEK. THE DR IS TELLING ME TO USE PILLS ON A REGULAR BASIS. EASY FOR HIM TO SAY....THEY'RE ALL MAKING ME NAUSEOUS ALL THE TIME NOW.
OF ALL THE AILMENTS I CAN THINK OF....NAUSEA IS THE WORST,
THERE'S LOTS MORE CRAP TO TELL BUT NOT WORTH TYPING ABOUT
PRAYING THE WEEKEND IS SILENT.
I NEED SOME REAL DOWNTIME. BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE I AM OUT OF IT.
I PUT A PERMANENT SIGN ON THE DOOR NOW TELLING THE TENANTS IF THEY NEED MAINTENANCE TO CALL THE BEEPER NUMBER.
TIME PEOPLE THAT GET PAID TO DO THEIR JOBS.
SOME OF THE COPS HAVE BEEN VERY PROTECTIVE EVEN MORE SO THIS MONTH.
OTHERS ARE SPEAKING OUT ON MY SAFETY & HOW THINGS ARE HANDLED HERE WHEN I AM ALONE.
I FEEL LIKE I HAVE LOTS OF BROTHERS. OH CRAP....THAT JUST MADE ME CRY.
BETTER NOT DWELL ON THAT THOUGHT. I WON'T BE ABLE TO BREATHE!!
AND I HAVE HAIR TO WASH AND A SHOWER TO TAKE.
HERE ARE SOME PERSONALS....THE SHORT VERSION.

CEEJAY....HOPE YOU GOT MY EMAIL FOR A BELATED HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
I SNEAKED ON THE COMPUTER IN THE BACK OFFICE.
SORRY I MISSED IT
THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS AND HOPE YOU WILL BE FEELING BETTER VERY SOON. SO SORRY TO READ ABOUT THE "TUMMY" PROBS.
BE KIND TO YOUR TUMMY'S DIET!
I KNOW SOME OF WHAT YOU ARE GOING THRU.
IF I EAT THE WRONG THINGS....IT'S REVENGE TIME!!! LOL
HAPPY ENGAGEMENT TO YOUR NIECE!!!
HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME AND SHOPPING TOO!!
A SPECIAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND TO YOU

SHAD....LOVE THE SOPHIA PICS AND THE NEW avatar.
I FEEL YOUR PAIN WITH THIS NZ TRIP.
WE WILL CHAT DURING THE WEEK.
MY HEAD SHOULD BE FAIRLY BACK TO NORMAL BY THEN
"Why can't some folks just do their jobs and do what they promise to do."
GREAT POST!! I'VE BEEN ASKING MYSELF THIS QUESTION ALL WEEK!
THE ELECTRIC BILL ALMOST MADE ME FALL OFF THE CHAIR.
THIS IS THE KIND OF STUFF THAT'S MAKING ME NUTS.
WE MUST BE UNDER THE SAME BLACK CLOUD!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY...YUM ON THER BLUEBERRIES.
YEARS AGO WE POICKED THEM ON FARMS OUT ON LONG ISLAND.
SUN-KISSED AND OH SO SWEET!
THIS YEARS SUMMER IS CRAZY.
I ALMOST HAD THE HEAT TURNED ON FOR SEVERAL NITES.
THEN LIKE YOU, WE'RE HAVING HIGHER TEMPS.
BUT IT'S RAINING HERE SOOOOO MUCH!!!
HAD A LAUGH AT THE MAN NOT KNOWING WHOI YOU 2 WERE
DID HE REALLY FINALLY FIGURE IT OUT????

LAURA...YOUR TRIP TO MO WILL BE HERE IN A BLINK!
GLAD TO HEAR THE LAKE CRUISE WAS SO NICE WITH THE FRIEND.
BET YOU'RE EXCITED GETTING THE PASPORT & STUFF DONE!!
YES.....ON TO THE FUN STUFF!!!
GOOD LUCK NEXT WEEK WITH WW.
CONGRATS ON THE LOSS OF 29 LBS!!
GOOD SHOW LADY!!! GLAD YOU LIKE THE LEADER.

ANNIE....GLAD THE TRIP WENT WELL.
LIL MAN IS GROWING LIKE A STINK WEED.
HAPPY BELATED TO THE SON
CONGRATS TO THE SON GOING BACK TO PLUMBING SCHOOL!

MICHELLE...REALLY HAPPY YOU LIKE ALL THE NEW PEEPS AND THE JOB.
HOPE YOUR PARTY WILL CHEER YOU UP!!
SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA TO ME. ENJOY!
GLAD YOU'RE FEELING BETTER TOO.
IT'S BEEN A CRAZY TIME OF CHANGES AND ALL.
STAY STRONG WOMAN!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-31-2013 at 09:24 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 09:35 AM   #216  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm in Branson getting ready to go shopping. This afternoon my nephew in Nixa is having a BBQ at his house. Sis is ready to go

Mel
Yes I did get the email thanks.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:39 PM   #217  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning all,

Going to be a nice weekend it seems. Today is bright and sunny with a good chance of rain tonight. That will cool off tomorrow nicely and the rain will make the ATV trails nice as it will cut down on the dust. We are planning on taking a ride sometime this weekend. Today DH is tackling the lawn - not too bad since it's been so dry I think he's cut the lawn perhaps only 3 times over the entire summer. Last night we went out to dinner at a nice restaurant. DH picked me up at the shop to save time and I was pleasantly surprised to see him dressed up. He looked so nice. I told him I could not remember the last time I saw him in a collared shirt (not a t-shirt) and pants that were not denim. We had a lovely supper. I had lobster bisque which I have not had in ages. He had a beef tenderloin appetizer which he said was delicious. Ceasar salad was ok, nothing special. They had delicious rolls with some sort of fantastic cheese type spread that were amazing. We opted for prime rib which was fabulous but brought a lot of it back home because we filled up on the other stuff. I brought a piece of flourless chocolate cake home and it was the best I think I've ever had of that type of dessert. Really a nice dinner and probably the nicest restaurant we've been to up this way. They also had New Zealand lamb on special but neither of us are lamb people. Sorry Shad, bet you would have liked it. The only thing is that this restaurant is only open seasonally - late May to mid-October - the owners must winter down south. That's why we made an effort to get there before they closed. It was a pricy dinner at that but worth the money. They are closed during the time of our birthdays and wedding anniversary but DH said we can delay our celebrations until they open. I said don't think so. The only disappointment was that they didn't have either a Riesling or White Zinfandel wine. Said it was nearing the end of the season (although they will be open for 7 more weeks) and they were starting to run low on bar items. Thought that was odd because wine keeps even if they are closed for 6 months over the winter and spring. Was ok though, I drank water instead and saved the alcohol calories for dessert We came home and watched a movie - The Big Wedding. It has a big name cast - was a cute movie, has some raunchy humor in it which was enough to make DH chuckle and kept it from being a just a chick flick. We only paid 3 dollars to rent it, I think I would have been disappointed if we paid the going rate of 5 dollars via the cable streaming. Laura - wait until it's on the bargain rack or free at the library. After that DH went to sleep, I watched a bit of tv and spent some time with the cats. But it was a nice evening.

I ordered and received some Pilates and Yoga videos that I'm going to try. I am at wits end with the "catches" and pinches I am having in my lower extremities. The other day I turned around and the cat was right under my feet. I twisted to avoid stepping on her and wrenched my knee again. Although I had a bad experience with a chiropractor in TN, I was wondering if perhaps they might be able to help in this case. There is a nice practice in town and I'm thinking I might give them a try.

Ceejay - hope you have a wonderful time with your family and a very happy birthday celebration. Have fun!

Mel - so glad you are back Sorry to hear about the snafu with Jen. She needs to listen to Momma knows best I'm sure you are a bit peeved and sad - money that can't afford to be wasted. Scary about the men pedaling the electrical. I am never sure if that's something to be considered from people trying to get their foot in the door or something that smacks of scam. I am so skeptical and I would especially be leery when it comes to selling to seniors as I know my Mom is quite gullible. Mel has to wear ALOT of hats in the building. It must get hard. I'm very glad the cops are your buddies and looking out for you. Why wouldn't they be??? You are the best Now if only they could get their firemen brothers to parade around shirtless for you That'd set those wheels on fire for sure
Laura - the shades DH ordered are sheer. They would cut bright sunlight streaming in the window but I can see through to the outside so they are too sheer. We talked about going outside at night to see if we can see in with a light on but the room is at the back of the house and with the bears roaming around at night, neither of us is willing to take a risk to venture out. Last night when we got home a deer was waiting for us. DH went to go feed her and lo and behold - a porcupine waddled through about 30 feet from him He just stood still and the feller kept a goin'. I think they have poor vision thank goodness. The barre class sounds quite interesting - are you going to sign up? Sounds like it would give great toning and stretching. Hope you got the headboard all connected. Bummer that you had to waste a part you didn't need after all. Have a good weekend with all your cookouts - I see it's still pretty dismal weather wise out by you.

Michelle - hope you fixed the glitch at work. Sometimes things are like that until you learn the idiosyncrasies of yet another new application. Did you get to the movies? How did you like it? Jimmy Fallon had Hugh as a guest and was just gushing over the movie. I think he has a man crush

Annie - I'm sure you are spending the weekend outside. Thanks for thinking of a new thread title.

Shad - when are you getting the new car? I imagine with spring rolling into town you have lots to do to get ready outside. Don't work too hard!

I need to go check out the prices of shades on some other online sites. I can get a discount if I reorder from the same place DH made the mistake but I have to call the order in to get the discount and I'm not sure if they are open. Today is the last day of the sale so I need to get hopping. Also I figured I need to start watching The Great Gatsby by 3:30 if I am to see it all and have a comfortable lead to return the movie on time. It's a hassle to run into town but the prices are $1.50 less than if I rent from cable and I get 3 day rentals instead of 24 hours from cable so it's worth it. Just have to plan better.

Have a good weekend everyone!
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:56 PM   #218  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Been so busy and so tired that I haven't had time to post. Sorry to be MIA. The week has been filled with physical activity. I dug and shifted mountains of soil, planted a garden bed with Kurume azaleas, dark blue and purple pansies, pink petunias and some pink and white bulbs which are just shooting out of the ground. I repotted the lime tree yesterday. Today I think I might sign up for the summer Olympics weight lifting team. I can be the whole team after that lot. And I get to practice some more because the lime tree also needs repotting. The lettuces are all ready to pick and I can't eat all of them so the neighbours will make a killing again. The corn will be ready next week, the coriander is seeding all over the place and more potatoes are ready for harvest. Carrots are ready for harvest and the beetroot only days away. Only failure has been the beans although they seem to be having a second go round and I might get a feed off them in a few weeks.

Better make this short and sweet since I have to go down to Hardware Heaven and pick up the pot for the lime. I do not want to be in the queue with the fathers thinking about spending their fathers day gift cards. Yep today is fathers day.

I think I have made it up with my sister. At least we are emailing again and explaining things to each other. Only hope it lasts. She has such a fragile self esteem, and I like things out in the open - bluntly, so no doubt there will be further tensions down the line.

Okay - off to the store. Back later tonight with personals. This is too good of a day to spend on the computer, besides which my coffee is finished.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:05 PM   #219  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Go away, don't post here anymore. Click here to go to the new threadhttp://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...ml#post4829393

Last edited by Shad; 08-31-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote