Old 03-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #1  

Default 40 and never been so heavy need support

I am nearly 41 and have found I just keep putting on weight. I have serious body issues which lead to depression, this just causes me to self medicate (beer) and stop me going anywhere because I don't want anyone to see me. I am even embarrassed to go to work. I want to get out of my rut but I just can't seem to pull myself out. Any suggestions?
Ellebott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:00 AM   #2  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Seriously, consider getting pro help. Doesn't matter if it's a sympathetic personal trainer or a therapist, whatever, but sometimes it takes an outside person to get you to see yourself objectively. What I mean is, look at yourself from the outside; if you saw a person with your issues, your body, wanting to get better, how would you judge them? What would you do to help/motivate them if they were a friend of yours? Do that for yourself. And if you can't see the forest for the trees enough to see yourself objectively, definitely get some qualified out side help. You are worth just as much as anyone else on this planet!
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:27 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Sorry, it can be hard being heavy as you get older. It just makes you feel more tired and old somehow. I turned 41 in January.

I agree with looking into getting help from someone. Not everything is a matter of will power and doing it yourself. If you're feeling depressed and drinking beer to help with the depression, a doctor or therapist might be able to make good suggestions on where to start improving things.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 258/245/150

Height: 5'6

I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I totally understand. I agree with finding some help, someone you can talk to. I also think you need to remind yourself you are not a bad person or unworthy because you are overweight. I know it seems impossible to make a change, believe me. Start out small. Make little improvements, nothing too major that it will make you give up too quickly. Trying will help improve your mood, and once you start seeing some progress that will make you feel even better.
Hang in there. ((HUGS))
RoseFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:03 AM   #5  

Thank you for posting this and everyone who answered.
BelTO is offline   Reply With Quote