Old 04-05-2017, 03:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5' 3"

Default 43 year old new mom- need to lose

I am 43 and am a first time mom thanks to IVF. Before getting pregnant I weighed about 235. During pregnancy I actually lost about 15 lbs because I had no appetite and had to force myself to eat. The IVF actually worked and we now have a 3 month old little girl who is such a blessing.

Within about 3 weeks of giving birth, I reached Onderland! The first time in almost 2 decades. Then the ravenous appetite kicked in. I ate everything I could get my hands on – full bags of chocolate chips that were supposed to be for a potluck dessert. Potato chips – full bags at a time. In the last 2 months I have packed on 15 lbs and am back up to 211 lbs.

We are going to be trying to get pregnant again at the end of summer using our last frozen embryo. But I know I need to lose weight to give us the best chance of it working.

I really need support. I know I can do any drastic diets because I am exclusively breastfeeding.

Any advice will help.
AniisMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/165/150

Height: 5"6'

Congrats on your new daughter. My little girl is six and sometimes I miss the baby days.

Dieting choices are more limited when you're breast feeding. Would weight watchers or South Beach diet work for you. I know both of them have choices for breast feeding mothers. Sometimes the tiredness of being a new mother can lead to feeling hungry all the time. Your body takes time to adjust.
Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 02:53 PM   #3  

Congrats on the baby girl. I had my son at 38 and the same thing happened to me, I lost a lot of weight while pregnant because I was eating so healthy and excersizing. I always read about people wanting to get back to pre-baby weight, I want to get back to post baby weight! Within a year after he was born, I went from 200lb to over 250lb.

My recommendation is to do Weight Watchers if you can afford it, it will be good to have the support of the leader and the program to keep things going and healthy.

Last edited by DragonsTears; 06-12-2017 at 02:54 PM.
DragonsTears is offline   Reply With Quote