Old 06-14-2017, 10:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 138.8/141/120

Height: 5'5"

Default So Frigging Depressed

So today is June 14 and I am leaving w/my 8 yo daughter for florida to visit my father on July 8. It's a special once a year thing we do and I love it. Well, last year I weighed 118...and get ready...this year I weigh 141. I am DREADING it and am SO upset with myself. I don't know what to do! I will be spending an inordinate amount of time at the pool & beach. I can't stick w/anything for more than one day, if that. Help...I need a buddy or something. I am VERY isolated, have no friends, and I live w/my mother & daughter. Life is really, really hard. I know that's what making me break my plan again & again. Suggestions? I was doing OK for a week & then smoked pot for three days & destroyed all progress I made because I ate everything in sight. I need something to get me through the day bc I find life so shitty at the moment. Any and all advice needed and appreciated. I would be ecstatic if I could lose 8-10 lbs by my trip.
jq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 223/207/140

Height: 5'3

I hope you have a good trip! I'm new here (just started today), but as a former pot smoker, I can tell you, it's important to have healthy snacks lying around! LOL I also struggle with depression and anxiety. My doctor is always trying to put me on medication. I don't want that, hence the prescription pot. I find that just taking everything day by day and not dwelling on all the bad stuff is the only way I can cope. It tends to eat me up if I don't. It's so damn hard! I know today is your departure day and it's too late if you didn't find a regimen that worked for you, but I can tell you from past experience, a 1200 calorie diet and the Biggest Loser DVD really worked for me. I used it to lose 70 lbs in the past. Yes, I gained it all back. That's on me, of course. I didn't maintain anything. I allowed myself to get off track. I basically derailed and crashed! But it does work and it's less than $10 on Amazon in DVD format or digital. Reply back when you return and let us know how it went. And really, try not to be so hard on yourself. You can do this!!!

Last edited by motherdestiny; 07-08-2017 at 08:39 PM.
motherdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote