Old 05-03-2014, 10:47 AM   #511  
~Shannon

S/C/G: 210.8/see ticker/140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
thanks for the recipes , i bookmarked them. I don't have liquid stevia or Erythitol but will pick some up the next time i'm at whole foods.....
Zumba, you can sub other sugars if you do not eat sugar free. I am prediabetic. That is the only reason I've given up sugar. I do find my Liquid stevia and Swerve (erythritol) at Whole Foods. If you go to Swerve's website you can get coupons. These are my favorite cookies. Hubby says they are good "if you are dying"....personally I think they are good dying or not but I guess in a way I was dying so it works.
http://www.gourmetgirlcooks.com/2014...s-my.html#more
Shannonsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #512  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

LOL re: the You are dying comment....i think in times of eating sugar free we manage to think things are good even if they aren't GREAT....i.e. muffins in a minute....truly not something i would ever pay good money for in a bakery but definitely hits the spot when doing low carb....my weigh in with my trainer is on thursday so I'm going to try and keep away from any baked good this week to see if it makes a difference....
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:10 PM   #513  
~Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
LOL re: the You are dying comment....i think in times of eating sugar free we manage to think things are good even if they aren't GREAT....i.e. muffins in a minute....truly not something i would ever pay good money for in a bakery but definitely hits the spot when doing low carb....my weigh in with my trainer is on thursday so I'm going to try and keep away from any baked good this week to see if it makes a difference....
My tastebuds are definitely changing, no doubt about that. I am trying all sorts of vegetables I never tried before and while regular sugar does not yet taste "too sweet" as some end up saying, I am adjusting to the taste of erythritol. I use splenda in coffee and tea but don't care for it in other things. I have used xylitol in one recipe and it was ok. I did not get bad stomach issues but did have some mild cramps. I have since bought powdered erythritol which can replace xylitol. I don't have any issues with the erythritol. I do not use aspartame or injest products with aspartame because it gives me migraines immediately. Can't wait to hear how it goes on Thursday!!
Old 05-04-2014, 03:44 AM   #514  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Ha, Zumba, I didn't even notice the Cattailyst thing! Funny. Glad to hear about your trainer sessions - that's going okay for you?

Shannon, isn't it amazing how your tastebuds can change? I too have been eating veggies that I never EVER would have touched before. Make some barely cooked broccoli and I will eat it all! Green beans? Bring 'em on! LOL Just by-the-by, I would throw in some orange zest for orange flavoring - mm, zest. Some of those sweeteners really scare me the way they're so toxic to pets.

Rennie, I'm sure that bloat will wash out quickly. Our bodies are such complicated things.

Last night I indulged in some chocolate covered super fruits (cherries, cranberries, blueberries), more than I should have or meant to. At least 15 and then just felt sick, sick, sick - and all day today I've been messed up stomach-wise. Not good. A lesson I keep learning over and over again - moderation! Tomorrow will be better (I hope).
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:27 AM   #515  
~Shannon

Quote:
Shannon, isn't it amazing how your tastebuds can change? I too have been eating veggies that I never EVER would have touched before. Make some barely cooked broccoli and I will eat it all! Green beans? Bring 'em on! LOL Just by-the-by, I would throw in some orange zest for orange flavoring - mm, zest. Some of those sweeteners really scare me the way they're so toxic to pets.
It is amazing the things I refused to eat that I now enjoy! Orange zest....good idea! My goal is after weight loss to see if I can change over to sweeteners like honey, agave. Right now those spike my glucose so I have to use zero carb substitutes. I think xylitol is the only thing I use that is toxic to pets. I've only used it once so far. I keep it on my highest shelf to be sure no one accidentally knocks it over. I would not want my dog getting near it. The toxicity for pets is due to a surge of insulin that can drop their glucoses to dangerous levels (affecting the liver adversely). The same effect does not occur in humans, not sure why.

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 05-04-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:28 AM   #516  

Good morning y'all...taking a small minute to say hello before i hightail it out of here for school. I will be sitting in a chair ALL DAY...YUCK.....we have little breaks but still, its torture...makes me Sure that I don't want to do the 9-5 thing.

I was offered an interview to be coordinator of some Barre place that is opening up in my town.....30 hours with no benefits..plus I would have to teach their program. ..I think if I put in that kind of time in any job I would want some kind of benefits...it doesn't pay well either...so I'm going to decline....I set my mind on this closing thing and that is what I am going to do. I have to stay focused......

I had a big salad yesterday with dried cranberries (salad was pre made from the organic store)...it was good but as we know dried fruit is like eating candy. I also had some pringles...so my weight is up..but I am not worried. my trainer is going to weigh me on thursday so I need to be below 150 and i have to answer to someone now...so ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!

have a glorious day everyone...
Old 05-04-2014, 10:34 AM   #517  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi all...

Sorry I've been away for so long. Finished up the tax season, took a few days "off" (ended up having to do work then), and then last weekend was our car show/track day, and work has been about the same even though we are done with tax season. I leave on a vacation trip on 5/7, and a bunch of work to get done before leaving on that...

Weight still pretty much in a range from 125-128, even with the show and eating carbs that weekend. They had food trailers, so not a whole lot of healthy things to eat, but the track day was very intense and my driving instructors/coaches insisted that I do eat because needing calories/energy to get through the day. Actually started the day with a healthy breakfast of egg/bacon/biscuit. Lunch was hamburger & 1/2 order of fries. I had some oranges with me too. They also got me a huge cinnamon roll, but I only ate about a 1/3 of that, mostly because it was so much sugar. after the track day was over, I had a salad with chicken & avocado, so that was pretty good. On the show day, breakfast was the same, no lunch because it was SO hot, but nibbled on cheese, meat, a few crackers & oranges, and then dinner at our fav Mexican restaurant, so salad with steak fajitas (no shell). I was up a little after the weekend, but yesterday back to 125.5.

I won the trophy at the track day! I didn't win because I was the fastest (honestly, I think I was likely the SLOWEST!). I was one of only 2 ladies, and the other had lots of experience. I think I had the least experience (specifically none at all) of anyone involved. So, the guy who ran the whole event was keeping a close eye on me, as were the other guys from my club who were there with me (the whole eating thing...). Anyway, I was awarded the trophy because I had the most improvement over the course of the day and because of enthusiasm. I'm attaching a photo of me, the car & the trophy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car show trophy.jpg (19.8 KB, 12 views)
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 01:28 PM   #518  
~Shannon

Way to go Marlene!!

Last edited by Shannonsnail; 05-04-2014 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:13 PM   #519  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Zumba if you ever figure out how to make a muffin in a minute appetizing please do share. I think that is the worse thing I have ever made Zumba you'll do fine at your weigh in I think we all had an interesting eating time this weekend ... glad it's over

Shannon, I now can't put splenda in my tea or coffee, it even taste too sweet. I instead use the sugar free creamer for the coffee honey for only green or black tea. The others I drink I can actually drink plain. But someone told me recently on a thread that because splenda is good for you, you might as well use real sugar. Idk about that but I did give it some thought Shannon I was using the agave syrup on my pancakes and someone told me to do the comparison to that and regular syrup so now I go with the Log Cabin sugar free. It's the closet I have gotten to taste good to me

Cattails I don't know why I have such bad bloats but I do think it was the ACV that I downed to quickly one evening. I just have to be mindful and sip like I am supposed to Cattails I think I am getting better with moderation. I just need to get it through my big head not to eat it

Marlene good to see, you look at that big smile

Well I was up .2 today so the 160's got me again. I had a horrible weekend with food as far as health goes but over all I enjoyed all that I ate. I ate some things because I am not near those places and other things because the kids cooked them and I wanted them. So my plan for the week is to eat OP since they will all be in school and I am not going any where. One of the boys teachers invited us to a breakfast on Tuesday morning but I will be the only one going. My husband will miss out so he can put my daughter on the bus. I keep saying just one more year then she will catch the bus with the youngest boy then I'll be back to going out with her in 7th grade because it's still dark at 6am ... yes I am thinking in advance since she's only in the 4th grade but that's my baby and it scares the mess out of me that kids are being taken from their bus stops/drive ways/walking to a friends up the road. I know I can't be there all the time but while I can I certainly will be. wow that was so off topic ...
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #520  

CONGRATULATIONS MARLENE!!!!!!!

Love2b: when i was doing atkins i would put a ton of whipped cream cheese on the muffin in a minute and it was palatable..either that or butter and cinnamon...close your eyes and make believe its french toast and you're eating it with George Clooney...hee hee...I think when you're really desperate for something "bread" it hits the spot..and the flax meal helps you "go"...

I am exhausted. Me and BF walked our dogs down to the beach or at least tried since my dog does't walk..but having another dog to chase and jump on helped to keep things moving..good thing his dog is a good sport....So i feel after a day sitting in class i managed to have some exercise. Put down around 1300 calories today....

This week i vow to drink more water, eat cleaner....and keep up with my new workouts with the trainer.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:44 AM   #521  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

Woo, Marlene, nice pic and grats on the trophy! My folks were really into autocrossing so I spent a lot of my childhood at parking lot racetracks and eventually got to do a few runs myself - why are tracks always hot?! Was this event at a big track?

Rennie, have I mentioned the coffee creamer I've been using? It's So Delicious Coconut Milk Creamer, comes in those tall cardboard boxes like almond and soy milk and around here is on the grocery store shelf with the other creamers like Coffeemate, as well as little cartons in the refrigerated section. I like it that it's got just a bit of sweetness (from sugar) and no nasty ingredients such as palm oil. Google it if you want to check it out.

I'm totally with you on watching your kids like hawks - it's scary what happens out there!

Zumba, maybe it's time to consider a pet stroller for your little pup! I'm sure she loves to be out and about with you, walkies are terrific.

I finally got my butt in gear today and did a strength workout; my exercise has been really lagging lately. Felt good to work my muscles, though I imagine DOMS are in my near future.

to everyone and may this week be a good one!
Cattails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:44 AM   #522  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

How exciting, Marlene! Congratulations!

Zumba - I can just picture the puppy bouncing all over the place, they are so much work but SO adorable!

Rennie - I can totally understand being super protective of your children -- and I'm only a dog mom, lol! I'm a super protective dog mom though. So I can only imagine how it must feel to have nonfur kids.

Cattails - good job on the strength routine!

I'm working on re-texturing and painting our master bath this week. Today is prep day. I hate prep. I'm the most impatient person ever, I always want to cut corners and just get to the meat of the project. But I've learned my lesson so many times (painfully, when things don't turn out as good as they could), so Carefully Prep I Will.

Have a great Monday everyone!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 05-05-2014 at 06:44 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:18 AM   #523  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

How is everyone coming along on their May goal?
FatAbbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:37 AM   #524  
~Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAbbi View Post
How is everyone coming along on their May goal?
I have officially met my goal (192) with today's weigh in!
Old 05-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #525  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Zumba You are funny I was gonna try adding applesauce to it but I never made it again. I wonder if you can add a little s/f gelatin powder to give it a better taste? I need to make those vows to myself also You'll do it

Thanks Cattails Does it taste like coconut? There are different flavors. I look for it when I go to the store.

Michelle have fun prepping furbabies are children too , people are cruel

Abbi, I met my goal also and changed it. I was only 1.8 from the new goal and blew it

Shannon on making your goal

Heidi

Sum I hope you are reading and will come in (post) smiling

well some how I managed to drop .6 but TOM is on the way so I don't know if the scale will keep going down. Today's weigh in 161.2

Last edited by love2b150; 05-05-2014 at 01:57 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote