Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 11:17 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 177/147/138

Height: 5ft7

To the runners - I agree that it makes you hungry but upping protein helps for me. At this time of the year it's only possible to go at night or first thing in the morning before 7am but in a way that's good because the day has either ended for the kids or barely begun so I don't need to organise exercise around their day as well.

It's hot hot hot here! Languishing in of the air con while the big girls swim (I can see them). Swimming is my downfall, both proper swimming and playing with the kids - it makes me starving hungry.

I'm down a pound (yay). I had a bit of spotting last night (sorry TMI) and so did a left over pregnancy test which was faintly positive but a repeat is well and truly negative this am. Such a relief! Am still exclusively breastfeeding and DH has had "the op". We're on the countdown until he can be tested. Somehow, for us, 4 kids are manageable (just) but 5 wouldn't be!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:08 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Sounds like most of you had a good day. Heidi & Rennie, Congrats both on the new jobs. Before you know it, you will have settled into a routine & have meal patterns all figured out.

Weight this am was 125.5!!!

B- hard boiled egg, cheese stick, orange
L-salad (veggies & a litttle balsamic vinegar), chicken, orange, animal crackers
S- cheese stick, orange, animal crackers
D- salad with chicken, feta, black olives, guacamole, salsa; 2 oz brown rice, mixed berries
S- no sugar added ice cream, magic pop rice cake
8 cups water, no exercise. Total calories approx 1250.
Old 01-03-2014, 03:02 AM   #123  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

Height: 5'3"

118 this morning - this makes me happy, I haven't gained through the holidays (I fluctuate between 116 and 118). But I am eating more sweet stuff than I ought to; need to rein that in before I get into trouble. I still have sore muscles from doing a circuit workout three days ago. Who knew that jumping rope was hard?!

B: yogurt with banana
S: nuts and seeds, coffee
L: chips and salsa, 2 small steak fajitas, black beans and a little rice, iced tea
S: dried mango, a few chocolate covered blueberries
S: 1 oz. dark chocolate, coffee with an almond biscotti
Old 01-03-2014, 07:31 AM   #124  

yesterday I had a smoothie for breakfast, didn't eat lunch because we were running errands and then had a grocery store batch of maki rolls for supper. It wasn't a good eating day as far as quality of food.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:43 AM   #125  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Nice weigh-in ladies!!! I had a very nice weigh in as well. I dropped over 2 pounds yesterday and 5 for the week

I had a busy exercise day; I hiked though snow for 3.2 miles; I was drenched. Then I lifted weights for 40 min (circuit training) and then I swam for 40+ minutes. -- I was one tired puppy at the end of the day.

It is nice to see that my hard work and South Beach Diet is starting to pay off.

I am expecting a large gain tomorrow morning; we are going to a steak house for dinner. If I had a choice I would skip the whole affair, but it is my FIL's 75th birthday, so I must go. They picked a Brazilian steakhouse where it is all you can eat steak, sigh. -- Well I survived New Year's Eve without over eating, I can make it through tonight, right?
Old 01-03-2014, 09:54 AM   #126  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Yay, great numbers on the scales everyone! I'm jealous!

Sum -- 5 pounds, NICE. Great payoff for your hard work!

Chubbymum -- yay for not being preggo, lol! We have zero kids, so 4 kids sounds crazy busy to me!

It is 48 degrees here *GASP* with 25+ mph winds. Yesterday's high was 85. The weather is a bit wonky to say the least. I can't find any long pants to put on, lol. I was a wee bit chilly on my dog walks.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 01-03-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #127  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

I won't have much time to post today and there won't be much to post anyway.

It's a DownDay so I am eating two eggs and some broth, maybe a GG's Scandinavian crispbread to keep the supplements down. I don't weigh in on DD's.

No time for a workout since I am going to be running around all day doing errands and I literally won't be home until after midnight. Probably closer to 2 AM. Busy, busy day ahead!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi all..major snow storm here so getting to the gym was not possible.....I'll be trying to do some type of DVD workout today, although I have a feeling shoveling snow will be a workout in itself....
I am so disgusted with the number on the scale, whenever I go over 150 I feel feelings of disgust, lack of control and just depression. My kids have been with me since Christmas eve and I've been doing a lot of cooking...that is the only explanation I have for the weight gain. Iknow that I need to do something different but this time I just don't know what....south beach, atkins, belly fat cure? I have every book ever written on dieting....I've done weight watchers and jenny craig...nutrifast....oy vey.....I love hearing all you ladies posts , you sound so motivated.....keep up the good work everybody!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:54 AM   #129  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Zumba, would you like to be my South Beach Buddy? I have lost 3 pounds since I started following it a few days back. There are so many kid friendly and yummy recipes for this diet out there. I love this website : http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2006/09...-posts-on.html
Old 01-03-2014, 12:01 PM   #130  

Shrink: what is a down day?

Snark: it is 17 degrees F here today..will drop below zero tonight.....now that's cold...lol

Sum: enjoy the steakhouse..the good thing about a steak house is that
you can have salad and protein and keep dinner on the low carb end.....you are doing so great..I feel like I'm starting over!! I actually cried about it yesterday when I got on the scale.

Leeh: I don't know what maki rolls are but I want them..LOL

cattails: jumping rope is GREAT..i used to jump rope at Crossfit and I loved it.....

Marlene: I love how you have animal crackers and still manage to stay so small!

Chubby Mum: Protein is the key to keeping satiated....you are doing great

NewLeaf: I would say your control day was definitely in control....Im impressed with the creative way you have vegetables.....keep going girl!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:06 PM   #131  

Sum: I will go in the boxes in the basement and dig out my south beach books...I know I had the blue book and the cookbook. Now that the kids are going back to their dad it will be easier for me to focus on me rather than be a slave to them. I feed them healthy don't get me wrong but I definitely over did it on the carbs....plus I found myself baking cookies, etc....not good. I remember that atkins worked better for me but I felt so sickly when I went into ketosis, so maybe south beach would be better. problem is that I am snowed in now so I can't run out and get the things I need to do south beach, I remember ricotta cheese being a staple on that... so to answer your question ...YES, I will be your buddy on south beach.....you know you can talk to me on facebook also...
Old 01-03-2014, 12:09 PM   #132  
Fat to Fab and Fit

Wonderful Zumba!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #133  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Zumba - I hear you! I'm in my late 40s, but I have kids in elementary school. School has been out since Dec. 18th, LAWD. Because of weather, first day back to school is now this upcoming Monday. We have had a wonderful winter break, but it has been chaotic to say the least (translation - I am going slowly insane.) Ready to get back to normal schedule; I think it will help me do better on my diet, etc. for sure.

Sum, fantastic weight loss this week, wow

weight - 197 (1½ lbs. lost)

meals - Lean Cuisine frozen meal, salad w/veggies and packaged salmon, deli sandwich and pickles

snacks - baked chips and salsa, milk and cereal, greek yoghurt, almonds

treats - a square of chocolate

fitness - erm, no fitness yet
Old 01-03-2014, 01:44 PM   #134  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I am currently drinking cups of hot water because it is 68 degrees in my house and I don't want to spend the calories on anything to warm my belly up. I am SUCH a weather baby, right Zumba?

Meals for today:

B: Apple with natty pb, coffee with stevia and splash of almond milk.

L: Sunshine burger in 1/2 whole wheat pita, brussels sprouts, tomato/onion/carrot/pepper salad with balsamic and garlic/sea salt grinder (mmmmm garlic salt!).

D: Planned: black bean burrito with fixins; tequila shot on ice with lime.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Mmmmmm....I'll hang with the South Beach ladies too .

Doing okay today - it sure does help with the cravings.

B: protein cheesecake
S: hummus w/veggies
L: lettuce chicken cuke wrap
D: crack slaw?
Closed Thread