Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #226  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Fortunately, me and my dh have different primary sports, I love to run and he loves to bike. He goes on ridiculous 50 mile rides, makes my butt clench just thinking about it. I do ride with him and it is always a punishing workout, but he doesn't run at all so I can't return the favor. And I'd like to.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:16 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Hmmmm, I guess DH & I are different than most of you. We walk mostly, do elliptical if it is too cold. And he was watching what he was eating for the most part, until he left on the current trip. I'm sure he'll get back to it when he gets back here. He's not as careful as I am with the food, but still watches. Anyway, we work on it together without any real competition.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:23 AM   #228  

Food today

B- smoothie with greek yogurt, mixed berries, and MRC wild berry protein mix
L- salad with chicken, feta & balsamic vinegar, orange, animal crackers
S- orange & cheese stick (shared with dog).
D- salad with beef fajita meat, salsa, guacamole, cheese, sour cream, 1.5 flour tortilla, and about 6 chips (at our favorite Mexican restaurant)
S- MRC chocolate pudding
Total calories - 1250 before exercise
E- yoga DVD (I was sadly mistaken thinking this would be easier than Jillian!)
W-8 cups
Old 01-09-2014, 07:12 AM   #229  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I am with you in the same category with you Marlene. Right now my DH is incredibly supportive of my weight loss efforts and is being my biggest cheerleader. He goes for walks with me despite of being a runner himself; he goes to the gym with me and waits patiently for me to finish my 1 1/2 workouts (he himself is done in an hour) -- He is very fit and trim and in excellent shape, I could never compete with him
Old 01-09-2014, 07:17 AM   #230  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I had the perfect OP day

Meals
B - Green tea/hibiscus tea
L - 2 California wraps
D - Left over spaghetti squash w/pasta sauce w/ lean ground beef. Big salad w/trimmings, no dressing ( I did not have anything SB approved, I guess I could had mixed balsamic vinegar with olive oil....)
S - None

Exercise
4.2 mile treadmill walk (60 min), step aerobics (60 min)

Weight
Old 01-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #231  

Sum,

Sounds like it was a really good day.

My DH needs to lose some weight(not as much as I had needed to, only about 25 total, and he's lost about 10-15 so far), but he's been there as far as the support for me. He was really worried about me, and when I started this time, he was hopeful but didn't really think I could do it since I'd failed so many other times. Thankfully he kept THAT to himself and just kept encouraging me...

Last edited by MarleneV; 01-09-2014 at 07:59 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:01 AM   #232  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

My dh is very supportive of my efforts, thankfully, and tries to be sensitive to bringing in food that will make my head go crazy. He really wants to lose weight, too, but he has alot of the same food issues I have and he hasn't quite figured out the best approach for himself. I hope this will be his year!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 01-09-2014 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:09 AM   #233  
apple to apple core

S/C/G: 275/215/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi ladies (and any gents)!

I am terrible at posting daily , but I wanted to stop by. Diet's going great, however I am still not exercising yet. Between winter break, snow, ice, bitter cold temps, and finally, pipes bursting, my children JUST went back to school today for the first time since Dec. 17th. I am so incredibly happee They were getting mighty bored, and I am ready to have a little more structure (as well as a bit of peace and quiet) around the house. I will start my new exercise routing today.

I've lost one pound since my official weekly weigh-in this past Monday. I am on target to meet this challenge I set for myself. I am ready for MerelyOverweightLand instead of being obese. My personal target is 1400 calories a day. Sometimes I go slightly over that. I have been weighing weekly since July. My weekly average loss is almost exactly 2 lbs per week.

weight - 194½

meals - out to lunch for Mexican Food and menu offerred zero caloric guidelines so I ordered a fajita salad w/no sour cream and them scraped off the cheese - it was a big lunch, a few chips w/salsa with lunch as well, breakfast sandwich and banana

snacks - almonds, Uncrustable, cereal and milk

exercise - none yet

I have an active and physically fit husband as well. He's some years younger than me, and has a physical job. He sets a good example for exercising. He's done a couple half marathons or other type runs, plus a Tough Mudder, that sort of thing. We have a treadmill and recumbent bike at home, plus a weight set and a chin up bar (I don't ever picture myself availing myself of the latter, lol.) He is more the quiet type so his cheerleading of my efforts toward good health is more subtley expressed, but he is very proud of me and always exceedingly accommodating when it comes to anything I might want to talk about or do with regard to my weight loss efforts.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:12 AM   #234  
Fat to Fab and Fit

I think it is very important to get the proper support at home, and sounds like it that we all have spouses who want us to succeed.

I feel lopsided with my DH. I am this frumpy (well I dress to kill ) housewife who carries 25/30 pounds of extra weight on her; my DH looks like a male model. I guess if I were to compete with him...would be for the looks. Right now we look like we don't "go together". -- I am sure people look at me and say "that's his wife???? WTF"

So part of me is being competitive, I guess.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:14 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Wow, interesting talk on all the DH stuff. My hubbie is competitive, or maybe it's self conscious - we're both slow runners, but he's still slower than I am. And when i started swimming, he stopped, because "I made it look so easy and natural". I just have to remind myself that's his problem, not mine. He is supportive in me losing weight, he just barely needs to watch what he is (he is more than happy to eat ice cream in front of me!).

I lost about 2.5 lbs in last week. As phase I, it's mostly water weight, but I'll take it!
B: egg foo young
S: cheese stick (if needed)
L: black bean soup
S: protein cheesecake (if needed)
D: leftover pork tenderloin, greens and beans

I will say one of the hardest things with DH is he wants to take the kids out for ice cream (we get our milk at the dairy, they have ice cream as well). He'll beg me to go with so it's a "family event", and I tell him I really don't enjoy sitting there watching them eat ice cream. Especially b/c their ice cream is not that good!
Old 01-09-2014, 09:12 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Yesterday was my first day of eating clean, I was doing great until late last night when I had a donut. I need to stop having these snacks here for the kids, but I need to show control. Baby steps, that's how it has to be for me now.

I find it interesting that you all have great husbands that are supporting you. Not me...I'm all alone in this endeavor. When my kids leave to go with their dad I have no one to talk to or support me...then I turn to food. I have to say that I LOVE having my own little house....and my solitude is kind of nice at times...but I need to start taking care of me...anyway good for all you ladies with your support system..... don't take it for granted.

Zumba today, a lot of errands...kettlebells tonight before I go to my sons concert.....another day of clean eating..those donuts are going in the back of the frig.....and I'm going to forget that they are there.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:45 AM   #237  
Vegetarian, Low carb

S/C/G: 180/168.1/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbachica View Post
I find it interesting that you all have great husbands that are supporting you. Not me...I'm all alone in this endeavor. When my kids leave to go with their dad I have no one to talk to or support me...then I turn to food. I have to say that I LOVE having my own little house....and my solitude is kind of nice at times...but I need to start taking care of me...anyway good for all you ladies with your support system..... don't take it for granted.
Not all husbands are a support system. Mine has a hatred of fat people and makes disparaging comments. When I try to go on a plan he expresses his skepticism that I will stick with it. He is always pressuring me to cancel our gym membership. Yes, he hates that I am fat but wants to cancel our ($20 a month) gym membership. He tells me, "You don't need a gym. Why don't you just eat less, go jogging and stop sitting on your (donkey)?"

Yeah, so, I would rather live alone. I very well may do so one of these days...

Anyway, don't be discouraged! We are here to support you even if nobody else is. You are worth it! Keep going. Zumba and kettlebells would wipe me out. That's more than I could do. You go girl!

And keep away from those donuts! They are the devil!

Funny thing to report from last night:

I save my whole snacking budget for late at night so I can stay on plan. Last night I ran out of time so I couldn't get all my walnuts eaten before bed (I buy nuts-in-the-shell and crack them one at a time to slow myself down). But I know that under-eating calories on an UpDay slows down weight loss. So yes, I knew I had to eat MORE calories, and fast. So I ate two additional low-carb (not low-calorie) cookies. It felt so decadent! I love JUDDD. On how many diets are you concerned that you aren't eating enough calories, and as a result have to force down more cookies? lol

No weigh in today. Made my 10000 steps yesterday, walked 2.65 miles with 22 pounds of weights, 37 "very active minutes" according to my Fitbit. Which, by the way, I LOVE. So glad I got it.
Old 01-09-2014, 01:04 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 232/197/145

Height: 5'4"

My husband (wow, I have never actually seen that in print) is very supportive as well and is great about riding along on a motorized scooter as I ride my bike. lol He relays on this body for his profession so he never wants to "get hurt" unless its doing something related to his profession. But he is right there cheering me on, and is the first one to get me moving. Its awesome. I have not always had a supportive spouse and that makes weight loss and lifestyle changes nearly impossible.

3 lbs lost this year so far, 47 more to go. AWESOME!! I can do this!!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #239  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'6"

Shrinkingme, that's not nice of your dh at all! I can understand why you feel the need to live alone.

But you go, girl! Sounds like you are doing well on your plan. Hah, no, not many diets will require you to eat cookies if you don't feel like having them, lol.

Everyone sounds like they're doing very well. Keep up the good work! I'm enjoying reading the posts here even if I don't post often. Keeps me motivated
Old 01-09-2014, 07:50 PM   #240  
seeking balance

S/C/G: 186/124/120

My DH breaks my heart. He was thin until he had a heart attack (mild one) at age 44, seven years ago - since then he's put on an extra 35 pounds, go figure! I keep gently urging him to eat better and I invite him to walk with me, but he is, ehem, resistant.

That said, he is proud of my own efforts and supports me. Maybe someday soon my example will inspire him? Please?!

Grats, Abbi, on your recent marriage, as well as more pounds off!

Last edited by Cattails; 01-09-2014 at 07:51 PM.
Closed Thread