Old 11-16-2012, 11:59 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

NEMOM..I know that feeling that you feel after you binge on stuff you shouldn't have.its horrible..but you need to just dust yourself off and get back on the wagon....beating yourself up over it isn't going to help you, it simply invites negativity into your mind. It sounds like you are under a ton of stress......I hope things get better for you soon especially with the car situation.

SEEMYFEET...Wow!!! I'm so impressed with how you portioned your food out..I wouldn't even knwo where to start with that. You are so organized.

SUM: message me your facebook tag , I want to add you on facebook...

DANGEROUSCURVES: I'll take a plateau over a gain any time!

MOVING FORWARD: I haven't did the BBL workout yet......I'm going to start tomorrow.....(I hope). Taught a zumba class today and am a bit worn out...I actually forgot to eat breakfast and felt dizzy during class...and you know when you're the instructor you just can't STOP...LOL...
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:01 PM   #77  

Hey everybody.....I taught a class this morning so that was my workout for the day.....I was hoping to get BBL done also but I don't have the energy. Getting nails done later on this afternoon ))) I know that Thanksgiving is coming up which makes me nervous, I usually start ating Thanksgiving and I don't stop until New Years.....trying to do things differently this year........
Old 11-16-2012, 01:43 PM   #78  
Becoming A Better Me

TGIF! altho i say that as if it means a break of some sort... not even close! i dont go to the gym on the weekends but i do use that time to catch up on house work, laundry and such that always seems to want, need, demand my attention! hunting season has been in since beginning of october so my hole in the woods becomes the local hunting lodge yeehaa! don't get me wrong we always have fun and a great time (great times in my world usually means LOTS of food)but lord it gets exhausting and glad to see january roll around and all the camo, guns and such actually get put away!
I'm thinking that whole "zombie appoccolypse" theory doesn't just affect humans because my furniture always seems to take on a life of its own once cold weather hits! I'm constantly having to keep my bed and flannel comforter from roaming around freely and my favorite cozy chair just can't seem to be content to sit quietly and entertain itself, but only during the cold months hmmm...
NE~ isn't it funny how even things you don't like suddenly look, smell, taste good once the binge monster sneaks up on you?! I buy things i know i don't like to avoid that and dang if my taste buds don't change in an instant! OR better yet i get the... "if it can't run from me ima eat it" urge and nothing is safe then! gee and i cant understand how i got to the size 20-22 i was last spring lol duh!
SeeMyFeet~ you are my idol! i can get that organized in the beginning and then get to comfy and slack off and well am now a proud member of 3FC lol!
MrsTA~ lol welcome and jump in whenever the mood or a thought hits ya we are here to laugh, cry, understand just what your feeling guaranteed lol!
Well, have a great weekend everyone... if we can't lose then i at least hope we don't gain til we meet again!
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #79  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi all had a good weigh in thanks to the 3 day fruit/veggie juice fast, the end of the third day was incredibly tough, won't do that again for awhile, sometimes I just have to try something and see if I can do it. Now I've got to keep it off!! yikes...

NEMom {{hug}} tough stuff, I've read alot on binges and how to recover, most say the best is to just put it behind you and do the best you can going forward, it is amazing our capacity to beat ourselves up though...

My goal for the holidays is to try and maintain, wish me luck!

Best to all, hang tough, and try to be as kind and forgiving to yourself as you would be to someone else
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

SeeMyFeet...swearing? Interesting trade-off! I'm always trying curb my swearing. Any healthy changes are awesome, keep up the great work!
kelijpa: Congats on surviving the fast & the weight loss. I've never been one to even attempt one. I did a fast once when I was in college, part of a religious thing. Got a horrible headache.
Zumbachica: You CAN do better this holiday season. Plan your attack. Know when you are going to be faced with those big meals/treats/etc anything that may cause you to go off track & plan your day accordingly. Exercise a little more. Use a great phrase a little more, "No, thank you." Keep a bottle of water handy as well as some tasty HEALTHY snacks. Lastly, keep in mind portion control.

TO EVERYONE:
The holidays can be rough for all of us. Let's be there for one another. Cause whether we like it or not, we may be the only difference between staying on course and not.
Need to rant & rave about that mean thing some insensative family member said? Let's hear it! Need to confess that you slipped? We won't judge you, but we will help you do better next time! Did you do really good or at least better than you thought you would? Let us celebrate with you! This is a support board, remember???

My day? Not too bad. I had to take my walk to the local mall, which is not my favorite but at least I got my exercise in. Ate good...dinner was yummy baked salmon steaks with steamed veggies. Tomorrow is a work day, oh well.
Hope everyone has a happy & healthy weekend! BE GOOD!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #81  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

MrsTryingAgain You are absolutely right. -- I love how active this thread is, it is nice to have support form fellow 40 +. -- We can stay on path if we stay accountable to each other!! We may be doing this alone in real life, but we have each other here and it means a great deal to me!! I started a xmas challenge with some ladies from myfitnesspal, and I don't want to disappoint them, therefore I have had an on plan week all week.

I went out last night to a karaoke bar, and it was a blast.

Plan for today
Weight 153.8
Exercise Walk 5 miles

bfast
green tea
lunch
salad with salmon
dinner
TBD, going out with friends
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:24 AM   #82  

Another binge last night.......why do I even bother to post on here? Well today is a new day.. Have a 31 gifts party to go to and will try to make good choices.....it's going to be hard ..the hostess read me her menu.....
Old 11-17-2012, 10:52 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

MrsTryingAgain--your words of support were just what I needed to hear today. I look forward to hearing how everyone else's insensitive relatives are behaving over the holidays. My share of family drama is guaranteed to come. Lol!

Keljipa-- you are a strong woman to tough out a 3 day fruit/veggie fast.. You absolutely earned that good weigh in.

NEMom-I've been there! Although not a total binge, the other day I impulsively ate an Indian sweet. I didn't even know what it was, nor did I really like it. Once I finished it, ugh. And I wish I could forget how many calories it had once I looked it up.

Dangerouscurvesahead--Hunting season sounds like fun, but I can definitely see why you are looking forward to January. That on top of the holidays has got to make weight loss interesting for you.

Zumbachica-- I have never done Zumba but it looks fun. I'm impressed you actually teach it! I think I woul be one of those winded ladies standing at the back of your class. Lol! I'm with you on the eating through the holidays thing. I am determined it will be different this year too.

Sum38--good for you for being on plan all week! Have fun with your friends tonight.

---------------------
I've been on plan and just today registered my first loss in a week--0.1 pounds. I'm happy to see the scale move in the right direction, but don't feel that reflects my efforts at all. Tomorrow we are doing an early Thanksgiving at my house and I'm determined to stay within my calories. My plan is to calorie cycle so that I eat about 900 calories today, leaving me about 2000 calories for the big meal tomorrow. I'm going to fast tomorrow until dinner to save up all the calories. And I'm going to get on the treadmill both today and tomorrow and burn about 200 calories each time. I think my plan is a little rigid, but it matches my level of anxiety and makes me feel a little more in control. I could just let my hair down and enjoy it, but I'm realizing I still have the real Thanksgiving and the other holidays coming up. Wish me luck.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 AM   #84  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Hello Everyone!

I'm back from my trip - and down 2 pounds! But I had to eat starchy carbs because the food choices were very limited. Now home, kickboxed yesterday and ran the trail in the afternoon! I signed up for a 5K "Turkey Trot" Thanksgiving morning - so it's motivating me to keep on track.

No kids today - so I'm going to try to get the Xmas decorations up and of course clean....:-/

I will definitely make time for a run today - it's going to be sunny and in the high 50s!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #85  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hello, things are going pretty good, we're very fortunate with the weather for this time of year, had "treat day" Friday, getting back OP, yesterday hiked at a nearby trail, it was good, have a plan today to get out for a hike, we have a stretch of decent weather predicted, so I'm looking forward to hopefully staying the same or if the planets align, maybe dropping one more pound....

MrsTryingAgain, thanks for the kind words, I have to have coffee, that's the difference for me with having headaches with the "fast", it's a fast from meat, carbs and cheese really, and I couldn't do it for any longer than 3 days, in fact next time I might just do 2...Way to go getting your walk in when it's not your favorite way to get it in!

Zumba - i've been on the binge train, it sucks, don't quit posting, keep toughing it out, you probably have so much residual stress from the hurricane recovery it's going to take some time to get back to your normal. We're here for you!

MovingForward - I've been where you're at too! The scale doesn't cooperate, congrats on staying on program (OP) and keep at it, enjoy your early Thanksgiving, whatever happens with your calories, just get back on your program when it's done. At a WW meeting years ago they talked about "slips" and recommended looking at is as just one meal or one day and getting back to program, rather than thinking well, that's it, might as well give up, advice that's stuck with me for many years, of course, I don't always do that, but if I do it more often than not I'm better off!

WTG Sheila! Like the idea of Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving!

Best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

You all are probably going to think I'm a neurotic mess after this post. Really, I'm not. Just a woman on a mission riding the emotional roller coaster of weight loss. After feeling so down about the scale not budging for me (probably due to my marathon TOM), today I had a nice whoosh. Such relief. Tonight is my first Thanksgiving dinner and I'm working my plan. I've already logged the calories (very generously) for tonight based on the menu. As long as I fast until dinner, I'll be on plan. I'm going to enjoy the night now--there's even wine and pie budgeted.
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #87  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Hi Ladies,

I have partied all weekend My birthday celebrations need to end and I need to focus my energy on my weight loss. It was fun tho. I love my friends.

kelijpa Us as well and supposed to have absolutely gorgeous weather. I will be thinking of you when I do my hikes as well

Sheila Woot! 2 pound loss whilst away from home is amazing!

Moving Forward have a happy Thanksgiving celebration. -- I as well have been thinking about calorie cycling. -- After two days of heavy drinking I am fasting today and staying around 1000 calories.

Zumbachica I hope last night was better for you and managed to go binge free. It is so hard to stop.

To everyone else

Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #88  

Thanks for your encouraging words everyone and congrats to those with wishes

I reached a high today on the scale and am stopping to regroup. I need to really dig deep and figure out why I can't get it together.....I know I am under stress....but I can't use that as the excuse forever.......I'm not headed in a good direction......going to do some serious soul searching today and take a breather....think up a new plan......

Thanks again everybody
Old 11-18-2012, 02:33 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 183/159/128

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, I cleaned what I could of the first floor - my daughter brought up the Xmas decorations before she went to her Dad's and brought up the Valentine's decor instead of Xmas (sigh) - and yes, I decorate for Valentine's day...LOL

And I just got done running the trail. I've been craving and eating those darn starchy carbs - had pretzel sticks and roasted pumpkin seeds for lunch! SHEESH! The run felt great - felt like I ran off my carbs and it was 55 degrees and sunny - perfect running weather! Now trying to decide what to do with the rest of my day. Part of me wants to just RELAX and UNWIND before the work day tomorrow...another part of me knows I should really start cleaning the second floor.

That said, it's a short work week - Only 2 1/2 days then a nice, long, thanksgiving weekend! So here's my rationalization and plan: I'm taking the rest of this beautiful day OFF. :-) Tomorrow I will strip all of the beds and start laundry before I go to work, then continue laundry at lunch. 5:30pm - kickboxing, then home by 7 - will make all of the beds then relax. Tuesday morning, I'll start the upstairs bathrooms - will empty waste bins, clear the clutter and spray down all surfaces with bathroom cleaner - then at lunch I'll finish the upstairs baths...after work - 5K on the treadmill then declutter my bedroom (I'm worse than my teenagers)...lol Then Wednesday - I'll do the morning at work, then come home at noon and finish the upstairs. With any luck, my daughter will have come back over after school one night and brought up the RIGHT decorations, and taken the Valentines decor back down to the basement. No workout on a pre-race night, so after I finish the upstairs I'll pull all the decor out and start "playing" with it....Thursday morning - Turkey Trot at 8:30, then home by 9:30 for a full blown decorating marathon while the kids are having Thanksgiving with their Dad....as for me, I'm having a "Tofurky" Will throw it in the oven after the race and by the time I'm done decorating it will be finished. Then I'll lay down for a nice Thanksgiving nap to gear up for Black Friday shopping with the kids - our plan is to be at Target at 9pm then be at the mall by midnight! :-)

The rest of the weekend I can relax with the kids - I think we're going to get a real tree this year....I'm just in the mood for one. So Friday afternoon (after we sleep the morning away) we will go find a Christmas tree.....

I feel better now that I have a plan. :-) Also feel like I should start laundry now starting with the kid's bedding....LOL That's not too hard, and it will make me feel less guilty for taking the afternoon off! :-)

Oh - and I will NOT leave any room in this house empty-handed....so I'm going to clear clutter and put things in their place as I move around - should help when I start the deep cleaning later this week.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Sheila
Sheila22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #90  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Good week for me! Last Sunday's weigh-in put me back at my all-time high after 2 weeks of half-heartedly sticking to a program. Aaaarrrggghhh! I did not let that depress me--I got motivated and MAD, and today I can happily report a 5lb loss that I maintained for TWO days! Woot Woot! I have a program. I am sticking to it. And that's that.

I did 30min aerobics 4/7 days this week.
I did not use the elevator at work once. (I moved up to the 10th floor.)
I spent Friday night and Sat shopping and cooking for the family and my plan. Pasta dishes, quiches, and crock-pot soups, as well as low calorie snacks and salads. I calculated calories for every dish and doled out the correct portions for me. Yes, as some of you have noticed, my refrigerator is organized! Wish I could say that about the rest of the house! Thanks for all the nice comments--I need the motivation to keep this up. This has really worked out well. We even had drop in guests for dinner last night (kid's friends) and I had fresh, ready-made meals for everyone already prepared!

My join date here is listed as May 2011? Hmm..... Not sure what was going on then. I have been looking for the right Door to a new life for some time. It was Aug 2012 when I began a more serious search for that Door. I re-found this forum and I found My Door. I opened the Door and walked into a dark hallway of Angels and Demons. The Demons got the better of me a few weeks ago and pushed me out, but I opened that door again on November 11 and started walking with purpose. Nov 11 is now the first day of the rest of my life--my New Year's Day. I will continue walking down the dark tunnel until I can reach the door at the end that opens up to a world of better habits, happier thoughts, and thicker skin. You guys are my Angels in this dark tunnel now, and MrsTryingAgain, your post to Everyone brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for that.

--My short term goals for this week: aerobic exercise 6/7 times. More stair climbing. Add some weight lifting. Stick with calorie counting. Drink more water.
--Long term goals: to get strong and fit enough to play tennis every day with my boys this spring. Without the asthma.
--Even longer term motivation: a convention next summer. Fit and Fabulous.

Hope this finds everyone dried out, electrified, staying warm, feeling supported and on plan!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote