Old 11-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #31  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Twinetin, you poor thing, sorry to hear you've been so sick! I'd try and work on the dehydration, maybe there's some kind of smoothie, protein shake kind of thing you could try to get your strength up so you can start exercising. you don't want to relapse it sounds like for sure.

Zumba, congrats on the power return, one of my friends in the Poconos just got hers back Monday. Amazing how we humans adapt and overcome.

NEMom, Chris Powell was on Dr. Oz and put up a couple videos of quick exercises, if you go on Dr. Oz's site, go to search, click on videos then put in Chris Powell you can see them, they look interesting. You're talking about squats reminded me of them.

Sounds like we're all doing our best to get OP, 'tis the time of year to do the best you can on the days you can to balance out the days you can't

Welcome Movingforward

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #32  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the video tips kelijpa I will check into them.

Zumba - I hope you are not getting hit too hard today. I am glad things are slowly improving for you!

I had a very bad day yesterday. Things out of my control sent my stress through the roof. Several years ago, I cut people out of my life that thrived on chaos but now I ma being sucked in. UGH, I hate drama in life. Even though my stress level went up. I did NOT binge. I stayed within my calorie limit and I even managed to clean the basement which is something on my TO DO list for last night, however, after everything blew up yesterday afternoon, I really wanted to say F it but I didn't.
Tonight I am cleaning the upstairs, it will take a couple of hours but if I can get it done then my 'regular' housework for the week will be done and Sat. when the weather is suppose to be nice, I can clean my car and watch the football game without the guilt of 'I need to do xyz'.
My exercise this morning was more lunges, squats, crunches and planks. Legs still HURT!
I am going to weigh tomorrow morning. Not feeling real good about it even though I have had a good week because my ring is a little tight. I use how lose or tight my wedding ring in as a guide to how much water I am retaining. Weird, I know.
Have a GREAT day!!! One day closer to Friday. YIPPEE!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:48 AM   #33  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
I am going to weigh tomorrow morning. Not feeling real good about it even though I have had a good week because my ring is a little tight. I use how lose or tight my wedding ring in as a guide to how much water I am retaining. Weird, I know.
Have a GREAT day!!! One day closer to Friday. YIPPEE!
I hear you about the rings,not weird at all! I take great pleasure from being able to easily slip my rings on and off... Certainly not something I could do 35 pounds ago! Okay, maybe it is weird LOL but I'm in the same boat with you.
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:14 PM   #34  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I do the ring thing too! When they are tight, I know I'm in trouble! I weighed in at 152 this morning. Ugh! So far, I am within calories, but I haven't been making great food choices today.

I hope you all have a fantastic day!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #35  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I'm worried about this week, too, even though my one ring won't stay upright on my finger, it keeps spinning around...lol...the ring is the thing...lol

I feel like I need to take better track of what I'm eating, I pretty much eat the same breakfast and lunch for stretches so I end up not journaling my food and I think that combined with my body saying hey, maybe something different for lunch here...who knows, just going to keep doing what I'm doing and see if tracking sheds some insight into what I could tweak.

NEMom {{{hug}}} sorry to hear about the stress, that stinks, but at least your house'll be clean, I'm going to throw in a load of laundry on my way to the treadmill in your honor

best to all
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #36  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Well, completely blew my calories tonight. Ended up going out for a late night "snack" with DH. It included dinner rolls, a spicy salmon crunch sushi roll, and a pina colada martini! Of course, this was after I had already spent all my calories for the day. We were kind of drowning our sorrows after a not-so-great parent teacher conference for our lovely teenage son, who makes us want to pull our hair out at times. It was fun...but I feel guilty now.

On the bright side - my mammogram came back clear! I'm good for another year, which is a huge relief!

Hope you all had a better day than I did staying on plan.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:31 AM   #37  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

TGIF!!! We are suppose to have nice weather today and part of tomorrow and it all goes down hill from there. They are saying snow and rain. Yuck!

Guac - I would have enjoyed the Martini too. Sushi is not my thing but it was only one time, its not like you do this every night. Totally ok! So glad your mammogram came back clear!

kelijpa - I am so glad I am not the only one who does the ring thing. When mine spins around, I know it will be a good weigh in.

Got my house cleaned or at least what I call the basics done, dusting, vacuuming, mopping and cleaning bathrooms. Sat. I would like to clean out my car one more time before it gets too cold for me to care about it. I made a list of 'extra' cleaning that needs to be done. Washing kitchen cabinets, using magic eraser on marks on the walls, etc. I want to start working on these things before I have people over on Thanksgiving. They many not notice it but I do.
I have one rant about my DH. I really hate it when I am cleaning and instead of moving out of the room I am cleaning or asking if I need help, he lifts his feet up so I can vac um and mop around him. I feel so disrespected when he does not at least ASK 'Hey babe, anything I can do?'

Ok, finally weighed in this morning. 164.6 I am trying to be happy with that number since I did have three days of being off plan last week but honestly, it sucks. I was almost 5lbs less this time last year. Makes me very mad at myself.

Gonna meet a friend for a few drinks tonight, I need a night out and she is a hoot!!!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

Last edited by NEMom; 11-09-2012 at 09:31 AM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #38  
Becoming A Better Me

TGIF! i need to blow off some steam so i can get back to being me, hope you ladies dont mind...
been a rough week in my lil world! let me start by saying im not in any way shape or form blaming my husband im just saying, hes in the process of losing his 3rd sibling to cancer in as many years as well as battling his own demons (alcohol)(9 months sober). hes been very moody and snappy and i cant even pretend to know how hes feeling or what hes going thru! and to add salt to the wound ive been PMSing and already in a blue mood cuz of the cold weather coming so soon and the time change it affects my body and brain in a negative way ugh! so yes everyones been on eggshells (poor kids). my only way of helping him is to not snap back when he snaps at me cuz i know hes under alot of pressure and i also know that my problems will pass (thank God). but lasnite he made 2 comments that had me d*** near rip his head off and after my replies i went and took a shower and went to bed to let it drop. 1st remark- youve been going to the gym for 2 months now working out why are you still so sore and tender?! my answer~ im in the process of losing weight and toning so i cant let my body "get used" to anything so each week i push on a little more once i get to the maintaining stage that will be different (kinda). 2nd remark- the kids told him i bought a few boxes of cakes and they are in the cabinet if he wants any and he looks at me and says well there goes the gym and diet huh?! my answer~ i can have anything i want thank you very much as long as i dont inhale the whole flippin box and account for it and to the cabinet i went and got not only a twinkie BUT a chocolate zinger too just to prove a point (yeah yeah its that inner brat in me). and to the shower i went. now im hoping for my usual 1-2lb lose at weigh in monday just to drive the point home even more ugh! i took the day off today from the gym because its bright and sunny and warm out and want to be outside which is where im hoping to spend most of the weekend (suppose to be a beautiful weather weekend)to clear my head and soothe the inner brat some. sorry for the pout, rant, rave, tantrum whatever you wanna call it but wow had to get it off my chest! the only way i know to help my hubby whom i love very much and want nothing more than to make things easier for him is to stay out of his way and just let him have his rants, tantrums and such without adding to them and as long as hes doing it without alcohol letting him know ill be there when he needs me!

Last edited by dangerouscurvesahead; 11-09-2012 at 02:49 PM.
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:37 PM   #39  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Guacamole - congratulations on the clear mammogram; always a big sigh of relief!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #40  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Morning,

Had a very crazy week and busy with my girlfriends and dinners and lunches out and scale shows it 157.5 pounds this am. Zumba I am totally slipping with my pre vacation challenge Oh well, I still have time

Today
Weight 157.5
Exercise Walk 4.5 miles
Bfast
white tea
Lunch
fruit smoothie with protein
Dinner
tuna steaks with ginger sauce, jasmine rice and salad
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 11:08 AM   #41  
Just keep swimming!!!

S/C/G: 183/152/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I had to light the heater this morning its feeling cold in So Cal!

I'm having a really hard time staying OP right now since my mom is staying at my home. I am super stressed out to the max and mom is showing major signs of Sundowners. We have argued 6 nights in a row about where she would sleep because she wont sleep in her bed. I am trying to be a good daughter but she becomes angry and aggitated and wants to argue then cries. So all this stress has knocked me off healthy eathing, hardly sleeping, and about 3 pounds up. I'm really at the end of myself today and just needed a place to get it all out. I'm exhausted...and this is even affecting my job. Has anyone had experience with this sort of thing and how to move your mom into your home with all this stuff going on? I had to call my sister to come over last night at 11pm to calm mom down. I'm not sure what to do next. She blames me for everything then says no one loves her no one believes her. I think I need a support group for this for sure.

Scale shows 3.4 lb gain this week ugggggh! So so so upset with how I am feeling......
dorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #42  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hello again lovely ladies,
I have been avoiding posting because I wanted to have something positive to write about. I got nuthin.
I came back for inspiration and hope, and now I'm feeling frustrated reading about all your progress, commitment, and determination. I'm so jealous--I wanna be moving in the same direction as you are!
I am still intensely motivated to change my lifestyle and incorporate more exercise, but quite honestly, I haven't done enough about it these past few weeks. Thankfully, life is going OK for me (for now), with nowhere near the level of anxiety that some of you have in your lives, so I have no excuse. I have just been super-busy with work and kids and too many other distractions.
I know I have the mindset, and that's the first hurdle, right? I just HAVE to make solid plans for myself and carve out the time needed to implement them. I have a lot to lose, and it's going to require a lot of effort.
One of my long term goals is to lose a lot of weight before a gathering next year--I haven't seen these people in ages (you know how that is!). I have to start imagining success, not failure, as that date approaches.

Oh.....Sorry to disappoint some of you, but I was told that 2013 is MY year to be skinny! (It's printed on all the calendars already.)

Good to hear you are getting the mammograms. I have 2 SILs currently battling aggressive breast cancer, and annual mammograms saved them. I'm getting one this month as well.

...ok.... I'm logging off to do lots of household chores. THEN I'M GOING TO PUT IN THE EXERCISE TAPE and probably start an earthquake. I will post big losses. Very soon. Promise.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 291/216/146

Dorrie & Dangerous

to both of you right now. I can only say that both of you should be very kind to yourself right now. Complicated/stressful/difficult situations can bring all sorts of surprising emotions out of people.

NONE of these emotions will be solved by overeating or any of the "blaming self-talk" that you might find yourself engaging in. I wish more than anything that problems could be solved with a Snickers bar. But they can't

Again,
syndehat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:41 AM   #44  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

I think I ate maint. calories yesterday, which I am happy about. -- I ended up making a pitcher of Sangria (yum).

Today
weight 157
exercise
walk 5 miles

bfast
white tea
lunch
smoothie
dinner
meatballs, mashed potatoes and salad
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:33 AM   #45  
Just keep swimming!!!

S/C/G: 183/152/140

Height: 5'6"

Syndehat - thanks, your so right.

I was able to stay OP yesterday even with mom wanting to go out for dinner and wanting a pumpkin pie. Soo hard but I did it. I'm feeling a bit better.

Hope everyone here has a great day and week on plan. dorrie
dorrie is offline   Reply With Quote