Old 11-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #61  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Happy Wed. all!! Half way through the week.

Two nights of NO Diet Dr. Peppers and rum. Sure would have enjoyed on last night after a meeting at the HS. Our HS gave all the HS students iPads for school/home. Great idea and I realize that we are lucky our school is offering these to the students (my kids go to a small HS) but did not look forward to the 2 hour parent/student/admin meeting last night. A deer hit my car on the way to the school, not a ton of damage, just enough to NOT exceed the deductible I am sure. We were 1/2 hour late to the meeting but luckily it did not last the entire 2 hours. Instead of Diet Dr. Pepper and rum, I ate two low fat fudge bars and they are yummy. Put me slightly over my calories for the day (by 100) so not too awful.
Stepped on the scale this morning and still at 165 (belch) but hoping after my monthly friend is gone I will show an actual 1lb or two loss.
Tonight, have to do laundry and dishes. Wed. is my TV night so I will have some couch time too.

Hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday!!!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:19 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Hi Everybody!! Life seems to be getting back to normal around here for most people..there are STILL some with no power.....and those that have lost homes are still looking for a place to live and a plan on how to go on.....thanks everyone for your good wishes.........

I finally lost a few lbs, probably because I took the liberty of taking myself off of Welbutrin. I believe it was making me anxious which in turn was making me want to eat more. I know that antidepressants work wonders for most people but this junk was making me worse. It was making me angry and aggressive and ruined an important relationship of mine. I believe it was making it harder for me to lose weight.....

So...now what? LOL....

Starting the Brazilian Butt Lift today......bought those DVD's a long time ago and never got around to doing the program. The insanity workout was just too time consuming, these DVD's are shorter, and probably easier!!

Have a good day everyone!! Stay focused!!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:30 AM   #63  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

It's my Birthday!! I love birthdays. I have two BIG boxes waiting for me...and I am such a kid what comes to presents.

I had my first celebration last night and I am soooo proud of myself. I had grilled salad that I could have a few glasses of wine. I came 300 calories under my maint. calories. Yay! Gives me hope that I can handle this birthday week with good choices.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

NE MOM...enjoy your t.v. night!!!

KELIJPA: good for you for going fuit/veggie...think of it as a cleanse. I too have to get more veggies in the next few days to jumpstart stuff....those brussel sprouts keep looking at me when i open up the frig!!!

TWINIETEN: It has been my experience that unless exercise becomes a habit you never truly get into the groove, starting off is the hardest part....people say that all the time about Zumba..they get addicted to it and feel bad if they miss one day.....I wish I felt that way about somethiing other than zumba but so far haven't found anything else that makes me want to look forward to working out.

MOVIEFORWARD: I wish I had a cupcake change my life...I would be all over that!!!

DANGEROUSCURVES: how wonderful that you are in a weight loss class..it must be such a big help to have someone telling you what to do, giving you support. I think all adults should take a class like that, overweight or not just so we can learn about nutrition.

DORRIE I just want to give you a big hug and tell you that I understand. My mother is very difficult, always was, and since my Dad died her mental health has declined, Peopel don't want to be around her.....she has alienated herself with her difficult behavior. We know she needs to be on meds but refuses to take them and the doctor told me we can't force her or disguise the medication as something else. She isn't senile or has dementia and is aware of what she takes for her blood pressure, etc. I dread the day she comes to live with me which I think will most probably happen since both my sister and my brother want nothing to do with her. it sounds awful to try and love and help someone that you care so much about but they are helpless and taking care of them is stressful. I feel guilty about it, and yes, it probably pushes me to eat..anything stressful does. Okay well Iknow I went off on a tangent, just wanted to let you know that I understand. Hang in there and be kind to yourself.
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #65  
Overweight again...dang

S/C/G: 213/160.3/135

Height: 5'5"

Happy Birthday Sum!

ZUMBA: I was in a nice little groove with fitness before school started. I was running regularly, and I would actually feel bad if I missed exercise for a couple of days. I actually felt that thing that people say they feel... when they have to exercise! I never thought that would happen to me. But school started, and priorities needed to be rearranged. I was running less, and dropped boot camp, because there just aren't enough hours in the day. So I was already on a down slide, and then stopped completely. Now I have to get back on it. I have the day off, and the weather is so cool. I should really head out right now before I get in to house work and other things I need to get done.

Congrats on the loss, BTW! It sounds like Wellbutrin wasn't helping at all!
twinieten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #66  
Calorie Counter

Happy birthday SUM!!! Hope you have a great one!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 178/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Twiniten- I seriously relate to your exercise issue. I'm currently laying in bed, but should be on the treadmill. It's simple physics for me--a body at rest wants to stay at rest. I'll do it if you'll do it.

Dangerouscurvesahead-- I loved your dream. I'm sure you're looking fabulous, especially since you are seeing the changes.

Guacamole--A four mile walk/job. Good for you!

Sum38--happy birthday! I hope it's been a great day.

Zumbachica-- be sure to let us know what you think of the Brazilian Butt Lift. I'm looking for a good workout program to do at home.

-----------------

I'm wearing the new size 10's I bought this weekend and feeling really good in them. I've been a 14 for years. That's great and I know I should be thrilled. However, I've been totally on plan this week and haven't seen any losses on the scale. This may be related to my TOM, which for some reason has been going on for at least two weeks this time. What's up with that?! I'm not sure if this is related to weight loss or something else. I just had my hormone levels tested and they were normal. Sorry everyone if this is TMI. Anyone have any insights?
Moving Forward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:02 AM   #68  
Calorie Counter

Happy Thursday All!!!

Happy to report that I had no Dt Dr Peppers and rum last night. That makes three days in a row. I also stayed within my calorie range last night too. I stepped on the scale this morning and it was down a little to 164.2. Does not seem like much for all my hard work but at least it is going in the right direction.

Gonna work on the housecleaning basics today so I can spend my time this Sat. doing some more cleaning items on my to do lists.

Have a great day all!

P.S. Moving Forward - I think it is time to call your doctor. 2 weeks sounds like something could be wrong.

Last edited by NEMom; 11-15-2012 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:30 AM   #69  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hello laaaaadeeeees,

You guys crack me up! I checked in yesterday morning before work but didn't have time to post anything.

kelligpa--thanks for responding. I feel so welcome

NEMom--your "165(belch)" was too much! ROFL--All Day Long! (yea, I've been in a boy centered family my whole life.) Goodness gracious, I'm trying to get my boys through HS, and the thought of supporting these oxen all the way through grad school is exhausting! (just kidding...I'll probably be moving into their dorm rooms with them, sob)

twinieten--likewise with "scratching at the pan" ROFL-ADL! I'm gonna hang onto that phrase! I started this journey with brain retraining efforts. Finding a humorous tag to attach to things I cannot control or that bother me really helps. Next time I reach for a morsel I don't need, I'll be thinking "there I go...Scratchin' at the Pan again!". Better than feeling bad or out of control.

Sum--I wish you a Happy Birthday! even though I am a Birthday Scrooge. I had a BD this month, too, and had a bit of a setback with my life changing goals. It rocks that you can celebrate and still maintain!

Dangerouscurves--You're a wise woman to vent here as your DH is going though these struggles. He sure has a lot on his mind. I've been in similar places with my DH too sometimes....he is a man, after all....Mars versus Venus, etc. Take care of yourself. And him.

Dorrie--I found your post haunting as I experienced this with my MIL. It was a very difficult time, especially as our kids were just babies. She's gone now and I miss her. It hurts that my boys do not have her in their lives. Somehow, you just have to find support and stress relief for yourself. Back then, I was still losing pregnancy weight, but I started slowly going in the other direction due to stress. There are an increasing number of options for helping families in such situations--drop in adult day care, more in home care, etc. It's expensive, but not as costly as losing your health. Sundowners is tough. Have you asked your Dr. about melatonin? Hang in there!

I'm doing better with my plan. Not enough time for exercise. 14-16hrs each day at work. But I am sticking to the food plan. I am losing, but I know it will not be enough to make me happy at the end of the week. Ugh. Chin up and nose to the grindstone!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:52 AM   #70  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Hi Ladies,

This week is going GREAT! I started a 6 week challenge on facebook with 15 other women and I feel totally motivated to stay OP. We are trying to lose 10 pounds by xmas...crazy time I know...but I feel that if I can survive my bday I can survive Thanksgiving as well.... I was really bloated when the challenge started (158.5)...so I feel like I am almost cheating because the bloat is dropping off
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #71  
Becoming A Better Me

Good Afternoon ladies~
NE~ wtg girl on the no dt.dr.pep/rum! Sum~ Happy Belated Birthday, hope you've had a great week! Moving Forward~ congrats on the size 10s, can't wait to see that size myself! Zumba~ how's the brazilian butt thing going, have you started it yet? heard 1 of the girls here at the Y talking bout it couple weeks ago that its killer (not even sure why shes doing it anyway looks like you could bounce a quarter off her lil behind!) how are you doing since being off the wellbutrin? im part of the prozac nation myself and altho it does slow my weight lose process i couldnt imagine me without it, well i could but i wouldn't like me very much again lol! SeeMyFeet~ hello and welcome! thanks for the encouragement, every little bit helps these days! After all I do love the man dearly and would hate to go to jail for popping his head off, i'll just wait til life is "normal" again and say ... remember this?! lmao j/k j/k (but d*** it sounded good).
Didn't make the gym yesterday my whole schedule got screwed up and once i got back home the most energetic thing i did was adjust the covers around me as i kept the couch from running away! But i did make it in today and worked my behind off to try and make up for my laziness. I also got on the dreaded scale and it's stuill reading 205 so i must have hit a plateau and need to do some adjusting (prolly my carbs) to kick it back in motion, BUT at least it's not a gain YET! Have a great day ladies and if ive missed anyone im sorry *waves n hugs*

Last edited by dangerouscurvesahead; 11-15-2012 at 01:40 PM.
dangerouscurvesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #72  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

hello all, just a quick check in, going to take the little dog for a walk, he'll be thrilled, I'm thrilled that it's nice enough to walk outside.
NEMom - sorry to hear about the deer damage, I had a similar thing about a year ago, not enough to file a claim...darn things!

kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Hi, gang...
Eventhough I joined the board last month, I have yet to post here. I just don't really feel I have much to say, but I realize that if I don't try...am I really helping anyone else?
Sum38...belated birthday wishes! Nice to see another Nov. birthday here.
Today was good journey-wise. Ate healthy, drank plenty of H2O & went for a 45 min. walk with hubby this evening.
Bad part of the day was H was to have a dr's appt this morning. We went into the office, they had NO appt for him!! He was really, really upset. He'd spent 2 days in the hospital at the end of Oct. He has diabetes & HBP, which have not been treated for waaaaaay too long. Not only did they not have an appt. for him, but the staff was R-U-D-E & did NOTHING for him. Needless to say, now that I've gotten him calmed down, I'm going to look for a new dr. starting tomorrow AM.
You have to know H does NOT get upset/angry. In the 24 yrs I've been with him, I have only seen him upset/angry once. No exaggeration either.
Keep your fingers crossed that we find a good dr who will treat my hubby so he can get his health issues under control & he can continue to make me crazy for years & years to come!

**I'll try to make a regular appearance here to encourage everyone! Have a good weekend! Be healthy!**
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #74  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Greetings all,
(2 posts in 1 day. Record.)

Last Sunday I posted in frustration, got off my behind, went to the store and purchased plasticware and healthy food. Carved out my own fridge shelf to fill with healthy snacks and meals. Portioned out 400cal meals (salad or shrimp/pasta) and 200cal snacks (cott cheese/tomato/chives or grapes/cheese cubes or hummus/pita or apple/cheese cubes or pistachios) and 200cal breakfasts (hot tea & 4 fig newtons). I prepped up everything on Sun--was like cooking Tx dinner! Everything stored well, and I still have some rations for tomorrow. Got some exercise Sun and Mon, but too busy with work T&W. Urrrghh.

I only dine on my prepared items and drink water or tea, and I keep it <1000cal.....plus a liquid donut at night.....which, sadly, must go. And, you know, if that vice goes, I'll just have to pick up another. i'm considering taking up swearing

iiiiiiiii'm not sure about this, tho. Measured and checked calories carefully and tried to keep things under 200 and 400 in each container so I could over-estimate my daily cals. Still, I just don't have that losing feeling. Would appreciate some good, storable meal/snack suggestions.

Dangerouscurves--Do we have a new furniture virus goin around? Curious, but my chair is doing the same thing as your sofa. I'll have to sedate it, because it's time for my SeeMyFeet Butt Lift. Also a killer program :]

Hey MrsTA--fingers crossed.

Time to pack my feed bag for tomorrow. and do some make-up exercises.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 09:26 AM   #75  
Calorie Counter

TGIF!!!!

Sum- Good for you for joining your friends on a 6 week FB challenge. This should really help during the holiday feasts.

DCA-I have the same problem with my couch most evenings. Those darn covers are slippery and I have to keep readjusting them. LOL. Glad that you made it to the gym.

TryingAgain-Welcome to our group! So glad that you are here with us. I am sorry for your DH medical issues and rude treatment at the dr's office. I am with you, time to find a new doctor. Have you thought of asking some of your friends for recommendations. I am with you, I will not go to a place if the staff is rude. Even if I love the doctor.

SMF- WOW! You are organized. I am just not organized enough to plan my food that far ahead. Hats off to you my dear! Keep going, eating healthy, moving as much as you can and you will soon have the losing feeling.

Well, my food night sucked last night. I got my basic house cleaning done, treated myself to a Dt. Dr. Pepper and rum and then proceeded to eat bread and butter. No snack foods in my house because I would eat them when I am in a binge mode. Did I eat just one piece of bread and butter? NO, I had like 5 and then I ate crackers. Ritz with garlic that my DH likes but I don't. However, that did not keep me from eating half a package of them. Times like last night, I feel like I am banging my head against the wall. And the only person I can blame is ME. ME.
More car problems. More money out the window. I ask myself, why am I spending so much money to fix a car for a kid that is not even mine to drive. For a kid that I get no financial support for. Oh yeah, because I love him even though he is not mine. Love doesn't help the pocket book though. Just what I need right before my favorite day of the year. Black Friday shopping. NOT.

Thanks for letting me rant. Life can just really get to me at times. Thank you ALL for being here.

Have a GREAT weekend all.