Old 01-27-2012, 08:32 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Yesterday: Stayed exactly on plan, got my upper body workout in. Really cranked the weight up and am paying today. I hurt in a good way.
Challenges: Yesterday was pretty easy on the plan. I was prepared and toed the line.
Today: Focus on today, get through today. Run tonight.

ilsita Really sorry to hear about your mother. Hopefully it is something that can be treated and she comes through ok. Make sure to take care of yourself. It will be really easy for you to focus on others. You can help more if you are taking good care of you.

Nat
hang in there. This too shall pass. Get better soon.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 01:18 PM   #92  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

Hi everyone!

Well I'm a little late out of the gate, but I'd like to join you for the rest of the challenge, if you don't mind! I seem to do better when I have a challenge.. and the last month has been awful for me as I've had a bunch of personal things come up. The good news is that I'm still the same weight despite it all.

Anyhow, there are about 18 days left before Valentines Day, so I'm going to set my goal accordingly...

CW: 254
GW: 249

Once I get to the 240's I'm going to feel FANTASTIC as I haven't been in the 240's since having my 3 children over 8 years ago now.

GL and keep up the fight everyone!!
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:33 PM   #93  

Thank you for the kind words and expressions of hope. The cancer is pancreatic and has already spread, so... it's the big bad one. I'm a pretty solitary person, but finding it difficult to be alone lately (a very new feeling for me). I got my gym membership back so I could get out of the house, and I'm heading there now. I think the best way to honor my mother right now is to pull myself together and take care of my health.
ilsita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #94  
Changing for good!

S/C/G: 273/ticker/195

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsita View Post
Thank you for the kind words and expressions of hope. The cancer is pancreatic and has already spread, so... it's the big bad one. I'm a pretty solitary person, but finding it difficult to be alone lately (a very new feeling for me). I got my gym membership back so I could get out of the house, and I'm heading there now. I think the best way to honor my mother right now is to pull myself together and take care of my health.

I'm very very sorry to read this.

As I mentioned above, I'd been dealing with some personal struggles over the past month or so. One of them was the loss of my step dad to colon cancer. He lived with metastasized stage 4 cancer for a year and a half - much longer than is ever hoped for at that point. So I totally understand what you are facing and wanted to send you one more and also to let you know how sad I am for you and your mom.

I agree - your plan to live your best life can only honour your mom and her struggles... keep up the great work.

I'm here anytime if you want to talk or pm me.
kirsteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:24 PM   #95  

Thank you, Kirsteng. I am so sorry to hear about your stepdad. I really appreciate hearing from people who have been where I am.

I just got back from the gym. I was on the elliptical for about 45 minutes. It was a good decision.

I've dropped the ball on food tracking, but I'll pick that one back up again soon.
ilsita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Ilsita, so sorry to hear about your mom. You need tot ake care of your self so that you can be there for her....exercise may be a good stress release for you during this difficult time...

I wrote a super long post and addressed everyone but of cousre i lost it..i hate when that happens.....anyhow I'm hanging in there with the low carb thing.....went to diner last night and had a sugar free dessert but it was really bad, I was better off not having it. The lbs are coming off slowly. I had a zumba class six times this past week but really need to do some other from of working out, figure I would do some Ten Minute Trainer DVD tomorrow...giving my body a rest today...my knees hurt.

Have not been taking my fiber, my vitamins or drinking enough wate.r That is this week's challenge!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:40 PM   #97  

Wow, I fell off the wagon today in a big way.....started when I heard a friend's Dad died and went by her house to give her my condolences...she made coffee and there was a ton of sweets on the table....before I knew it I had consumed an apple turnover and a muffin....it was all downhill from there...It doesn't take much lately to make me lose my will power.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #98  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilsita View Post
Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear this. Take care of yourself.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Ilsita, In January of 2009 my dad was given 3-6 months to live due to stage 4 lung cancer. He passed away 4/29/10, two weeks to the day past his 70th birthday & I am so thankful for all the time I had with him. As hard as it was, I'm glad I had time to prepare myself for him going.

I'm crying now as I'm writing this, thinking of what you must be feeling. But the main thing is to take care of yourself & enjoy any time you have with your mother.

Hugs,

Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #100  

Weekend: Did a bunch of garage work Saturday, so didn't get my workout in. I did run nearly 5k on Friday night. I ate fairly clean and managed to lose another pound since Thursday.
Challenges: I'm tired.
Today: Focus on Today, get through today. Run tonight.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:07 PM   #101  

Kannd..my Dad died 4/28/10...the day before yours did. He had a horrible stroke that left him locked in. Although he could hear us and understand he was not able to move. He never wanted to be put on a feeding tube so we had no choice but to honor his living will and took him off sustaining care. In other words we had to CHOOSE to let him die. There are no words to express how that feels. I would rather the Lord took him in his own way rather than us make a decision like that. My father and I were very close, and although it has been almost two years my heart has a huge hole in it. I'm sending hugs to you and to anyone here dealing with a sick parent......Enjoy each moment you still have together and try and focus on the good memories.....
Old 01-31-2012, 02:09 PM   #102  

Okay, now that I dried my tears I'll talk about my diet.... This weekend I totally fell off the wagon but seem to have gotten back on. Setbacks are going to happen. Of course this means no more change on the scale...I feel like I reached a standpoint. I have to try a little harder. I'm teaching an extra zumba class tomorrow so I don't feel the need to work out tonight...my knee is hurting me so I'm resting it. Still doing the low carb thing....I feel my cravings slowly disappearing a bit. If you put a bowl of ice cream in front of me right now I wouldn't want it....a loaf of italian bread with olive oil to dunk it in would be a different story!!! have a good day all.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:36 PM   #103  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

It is good to be back! I was sick for several days and struggled just to get through the minimum of what I had to get done. I still have congestion but more energy. I was back at the gym Monday and did strength training at home last night, and have done the stairs at work the past 2 days. Still eating too many calories - let myself eat too many carbs and comfort foods while I was sick and have to wean myself off them again. Going to jog on the treadmill at the gym tonight and see how I do - not ready to attempt speed yet.

zumba, that is such a sad story, and while it must have been so hard to make the decision you did, you were honoring his wishes. I would never want to live that way either or have my children see me like that. I work with several people going through this with their parents now and the stories are heartbreaking - these poor people are wasting away in nursing homes for years, unable to talk. There has to be a better way.

andrew, glad to hear you're still doing well.

ilsita, I'm sure that's exactly what your mom wants you to be doing..we all want our children to be happy and healthy above all else.

kandd, I am so sorry about your dad. Mine died suddenly at 63 of a heart attack, and we were not on good terms when he died, which made it that much sadder. It also made me even closer to my mom.

kristen, I'm sorry you went through such a difficult time recently but am glad you're joining us for this challenge, and hope you can meet your golas.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 03:08 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 315/ticker/180

Height: 5'6"

I just started on this forum but I would like to join the challenge for the last 14 days. I need some motivation to get my going again as I seem to be just floating with no momentum either way.

My goals are for 14 days....
1) no soda water only
2) exercise at least 30 min per day
3) no snacking on salty things .. veggies only
4) buy new digital
scale that I can't cheat on with weight shift of feet.
Kitten1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 191/170.6/150

Height: 5'4"

Weighed in Tuesday morning but haven't been able to get online much results are:

1/9 190.8 (started challenge late)
1/16 189
1/24 187.6
1/31 185.6

Goal weight 180
% of the weight to goal is 48%

Woohoo! I lost 2 lbs. this week, but don't think I'm going to be able to make it to my goal in time. But I'm going to keep trying!

As far as the rest of my goals:

Take vitamins daily- still hit & miss
Log all my food -did great on this
Maintain a daily calorie deficeit- did great on this
Try to support others- I'm trying!
And of course lose that 10 pounds- See above

I'm thinking about joining a February challenge as well since I think this thread has helped to keep me accountable.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Kim
kandd416 is offline   Reply With Quote