Old 01-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #46  

Great job on the losses! HoosierMomma, Andrew, and Ilista and anyone else I missed!! And great job everyone on the goals!

Nat, sorry ur having a rough time, good job on keeping ur food in check! Glad u could post on here and keep taking care of U.

Im doing pretty good with my goals, for the most part Ive been having a great amt of water, and been exercising and keeping the food clean. However, I don't weigh yet, so Im not sure if Im going down at all. I think a little but it doesn't feel like much. Im also struggling a lil bit with how much to eat still, Ive increased the cals so hopefully that will be a good thing.

One thing that i have not been able to do much of is meditate more. That is in my goals and I would really like to change that. I dont want to put a ton of pressure on myself about it because that doesn't usually work for me, but it is a great goal and I know it will make me feel good

I can relate Zumba, on the missing my old clothes! I may do a shake as a supplement, i found these egg white ones that I like. I'll let u know if I do it.

Adios for now valentines
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:34 PM   #47  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

1. Drink 80 oz of water a day. ~ 72 oz.
2. Take vitamins daily. ~ Check
3. Log all my food on MFP ~ Check
4. Walk 4 miles 5 times per week. ~ Walked 6.7 miles
5. WEIGHTS! ~ NO
6. Each week, have one day when I dress up pretty. Feel good about myself! ~ All prettied up today
7. Support others ~ Check

Last edited by Sum38; 01-16-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #48  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

The server ate my post, so I'm afraid to write much. Doing OK on calories the last 2 days, too many bad carbs today, made big pot of veggie soup that I'm eating every day, took my son ice skating and went to body sculpting class today, ran outside yesterday but did less than 2 miles because it was freezing.

Thanks for the support from everyone..things are rough, but I'm getting by.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Yesterday: Did good, stayed on plan, got my workout in. Running getting easier.
Challenges: I have to realize that my time is not always my own and I have to deal with that.
Today: Focus on today. Get through today. I'm making progress and I have to stay the course.

I'm tired. I haven't been sleeping well for a LONG time and I had hoped the increased exercise would help with that but so far, not so much. I've had a couple of good nights, but less than I'd hoped.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #50  

andrew, your challenge resonates with me too. And I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. That's the worst. When I'm having a hard time sleeping, I make sure I'm getting enough magnesium and potassium. That seems to help me a lot.

Accomplishments: Not feeling very accomplished at the moment, but I guess I'll say that, even after gaining back a pound (how??), not making time to work out, and feeling a little "Wah!" about cooking things for my family that I can't eat (really, my bf is too skinny and cannot afford to cut calories. He's enormously supportive, and will cook for me, but he gets pasta while I have mashed cauliflower), and sneaking an extra handful of plantain chips or popcorn -- I still managed to maintain a calorie deficit.

My son was home from school on Friday and Monday, which threw off my routine a bit.

So, today I'm going to straighten my wheels. Track consistently. And work.

Shiningthru, Meditation is one of my top priorities, too. I know it's hard to make time for, especially when it feels like you're making time to do nothing. Meditation has proven to be one of the most powerful tools in relapse prevention among addicted people, so it's definitely worthwhile for us too.

I hope everyone's having a glorious day!
ilsita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #51  

thx Ilsita Im loving ur post today, and to you too Andrew

I am going to try to focus on today, to not be selfish with my time and today Im going to do some meditation, thanks for the encouragement !

Hi Sum just read ur post too, i like the "all prettied up" part of ur weekly goals!!! so great! It reminds me of a friend who used to ask me when ever i talked to her, "What did you do for fun today?" I also like ur checklist!

Dressing up helps me to feel good about myself. As does spending time with my niece and nephews or doing a favor for my sister. I did those things yesterday and it really helped me not focus on how much I still have to lose but instead, just being with people and feeling good.

I have had some writing that Ive been needing to do, so last night I took myself on a date to my favorite little coffee shop, sat in a comfy chair and worked on it with some mint tea. This writing brings up some emotions for me, and Ive been having a hard time working on it, so it was a great way to get out of the house and just do it.

Nat Im so glad ur doing good with ur plan despite the emotional stuff!

thanks for keeping up the posts everyone
Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 185/178/130

Height: 5'6"

I invited my daughter, 13, to a St. Valentine's challenge. She is winning!! What an inspiration and an ever-present reminder! She exercised three times a day. Once doing a Dance video, the walks in afternoon and at night elliptical. And she stopped boredom eating.

Loving all the progress here, too, by all of you!!
mairin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #53  
Hopeful Member

Tuesday, what went well: Calories @ 1450, 18 minutes stairs @ work, 45 minutes on treadmill, vitamins

Challenges: Still very sore from Monday's body sculpting, and it impacted my exercise Tuesday. My plan was to run 1.75 miles @ 6mph after jogging for 15 minutes between 5-5.5mph, but I only managed a few minutes at that speed before I felt very tired and winded.

Today: I was going to run outside and/or do another body scupting class, but I'm still sore..think I may just do the elliptical today and try to run again tomorrow.

mairin, your daughter sounds awesome - you must be so proud of her.

shining, I love your post - such positve thoughts to read in the morning

andrew, hope your sleeping gets better. That can really throw everything else off. I go through periods where my sleep is really messed up, too. You keep a food journal, right? Any chance anything you're having late in the day(caffeine, sugar, alcohol) could be doing it? Some people say exercise at night keeps you up, but personally it never impacts me..my problem is usually waking up at 2 or 3 wide awake.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:29 AM   #54  

Tuesday: Did great. I had to go grocery shopping as DW is still out of town with DDs. 3200 calories out, 2300 in. Did upper body in 52 minutes. Dialed up the weights.
Challenges: Had to work my second job last night. I'm increasingly wanting to be rid of it, though the extra money is nice. The extra work, however, is not. I accomplished all my tasks though so that's good.
Today: Focus on today, get through today. Eat what I'm supposed to, get my workout in, take care of self.

Nat, My sleeping issues go way back. I'm keeping a food journal, and I used to think that maybe I was drinking too much caffeine during the day, but I've cut a lot of it out. I only have one adult beverage per week now, max. I don't eat much sugar at all.

I think it's a combination of several issues, but I have the same problem you do. I can go right to sleep but I wake up during the night and can't go back to sleep. Part of it is the mattress, but we are getting a new one. Part of it is my weight, I carry a lot of my fat viscerally and in my face which affects my breathing at night, which is probably most of my issue. Part of it is my damn cat. She insists on sleeping on me which bothers me at night. Despite the fact that I didn't volunteer, I have become the cat's person and have been relegated to her staff.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #55  
Hopeful Member

1545 calories today. Starting to notice calorie creep/ I feel hungrier, maybe form more activity? No vitamins, too many refined carbs. 45 minutes on the elliptical - 295 calories burned.

Plan for tomorrow - fewer calories, stairs at work and speedwork on the tredamill.

andrew, hopefully with the weight loss and the new mattress things will get better. I have the same isue with cats - we have 2 and they like to pin our legs down and demand attention in the middle of the night.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #56  
Hopeful Member

1545 calories today. Starting to notice calories creeping up. I feel hungrier, maybe from more activity? No vitamins, too many refined carbs. 45 minutes on the elliptical - 295 calories burned.

Plan for tomorrow - fewer calories, stairs at work and speedwork on the treadmill.

andrew, hopefully with the weight loss and the new mattress things will get better. I have the same isue with cats - we have 2 and they like to pin our legs down and demand attention in the middle of the night.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #57  

Guess what.... I meditated for about 10 min this morning It was tough to sit with myself a bit in the beginning, but I know that two weeks ago before I started eating better again and moving my body I would have had so much more trouble sitting still and just breathing. Thx Ilista and all for the support and encouragement. Im going to shoot for once more this week and once on the wknd and hope to get started back again.

I can so relate to the sleep stuff Andrew hope it gets better, hang in there.

So interesting that you say that Nat, im feeling a calorie creep today too. I was in a hurry today and busy and ate too fast and got a lil too hungry before dinner. Going to try to keep it a little lower tmrw. And good for you for listening to ur body about the run, I had to do a lil shorter this morning too. Was just feeling kinda depleted. Ran about 10 min and then did some intervals, running and walking. Still got my body moving and my heart rate going. And thx, you help me too

Thx all for all the posts and keeping the challenge going.

Last edited by shiningthru; 01-18-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #58  

Yesterday: Did good but was tired! I stayed up too late the night before watching a basketball game, by the time it was over and I had wound down from watching, it was near midnight and I have to get up at 5:30 am. With all the other sleep issues that I'm having that made it really hard. But I stayed on plan, ate a few less calories and got my run in. I wasn't my usual self though and struggled through it. Still it was ok.
Challenges: I have to figure out how to manage my sleep better. I usually go to bed around 9:30 or 10 and as long as I stick with that I seem to do fine. Much later and I suffer. The cat may have to start sleeping in the laundry room.
Today: Get through today, focus on today. Eat on plan, Lower body tonight. Stay the course, stay the course, stay the course.

One thing I've noticed, Staying busy and focusing on the things I need to get done really help keep me on track. I don't sit around bored and I don't seem to get hungry. I do have to remind myself to get my last snack in every night though.

Thanks for the support.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #59  

Shiningthru, that's excellent you got those ten minutes in! I always dread sitting with myself, too. It's never as painful as I'm sure it's going to be, and I know the benefits are enormous.

My big challenge is turning out to be exercise. My elliptical is in the basement. The cold, dark basement. I tried to pretty it up a little, but it's still the basement. I haven't been outside walking in a few days because it's miserable out. Just dumping rain. I keep thinking that if I can make some headway with my work, I'll feel more comfortable making time to exercise. In other words, I'm being lazy and playing mind games with myself.

It's amazing how I can clearly see myself being an idiot, but persist in being an idiot.

andrew, I don't know if this will help with your sleep at all, but I have a guided meditation that I listen to sometimes, by Belleruth Naparstek -- whose voice I love. It might be a little woo for you, idunno, but if you're interested, you can download her meditations from iTunes or on her website. (She also has one for weightloss.)

I love Zumba so much. I started doing it years ago, and I know that it's something I can devote myself to. So one mini goal this week is to break out my wii Zumba and give it a try. I've had it for months and haven't touched it.

nat, I hope you're feeling better...

Time to hit the books! Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by ilsita; 05-27-2012 at 10:07 AM.
ilsita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:00 AM   #60  
Hopeful Member

Down 1.2 for the week - very happy with that.

Good: Kept calories ~1235 yesterday, and 45 minutes on the treadmill, and 17 minutes climbing stairs at work.

Challenges: Still struggling with "speed" on the treadmill. Trying to work up to a 10 minute mile pace. Last week I could do 1.5 miles straight at that pace, this week I struggled. Too many of my calories are still from sugar.

Today: More of the same. No gym tonight - Cub Scouts event. My only exercise will be the stairs at work.

ilsita, do you have a TV or anything down there? It is SO hard to get motivated at all in the winter - it's always so dark. I have to drag myself out in the cold at night to the gym when all I want to do is curl up on the couch under a blanket and eat cookies.

andrew, I'm with you on the boredom...I notice the same thing with myself. I have a desk job and when things are quiet all I can think about is food. I know it's not real hunger.

T G I F!!