Old 01-02-2012, 09:08 AM   #16  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Happy New Year to all of us young ladies! .
Just wanted to say best of luck to you all with your goals. I'll be 45 soon, yet I still feel like a teenager. I'm fit & strong and I'm able to give a punch & certainly take a punch too if needed! .
I will resume my 80% eating clean & 20% not so clean & continue with my daily workouts as this is how I roll! Oh yeah, I'm going on 5 YEARS maintenance in a few months!

Last edited by evilwomaniamshe; 01-02-2012 at 09:20 AM.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #17  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well, this morning I about fainted when I saw the scale say 185.6. That is 14.4 pounds in less than 3 weeks. Now, yes, I did eat over this holiday season, but not by that much! Not even close! No wonder I used to get so discouraged with weight loss and that it seemed I could gain a ton overnight. My body balloons up when I over eat on carbs! I am beyond ready for this holiday season and all these parties to be over. I need to see that scale going DOWN!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 230/193/180

Height: 5'6"

Ready to join in -Again. In review the year was a good one. Year was slow and low year-gradually lost weight (20lbs). I switched to low-carb in March. Gluten free in April. Then Paleo/Primal in June. So goal for 2012... I add the fitness component. Good luck to you all. Feel like magic is about to happen.
lulablue11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #19  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Morning all! Today I'm doing laundry and breadbaking, which I do every Monday morning! The routine continues! I'm planning a TB circuit with extra cardio for exercise.

I just want to point out that I post my menus because I find it works for me to help me stay accountable, I don't want anyone else to think that they have to post their foods unless they want to.

Lulablue, welcome, glad to have you re- join us. I like your quote!

Berry, I tend to lose/regain the same 5 lbs, which gets to be very discouraging. My mother is the same way but she's a size 6, I"m not sure which is worse however, 5 lbs on her is a differnt clothing size, while 5 lbs on me is a blip on the radar.

Wendalyn, glad to hear you are doing so well.

Guac, glad to hear you are back on the wagon!

Michele, Hubby loves Jason's so we eat there every Sunday after church {for about 3 years now}. I think I've had everything on the menu a couple of times, and have started making up things, but Hubby almost always gets the Beefeater sandwich with broc/cheese soup.

Cindy, I counted calories for over a year but all the numbers {not my strong point} really got to me. I tend to experiement a lot while I'm cooking so I never make the same thing the same way so each time I made something I had to redo the numbers for everything. More time than I wanted to put into my food/diet. I felt I was getting more obsessed with food not making it less important. But some people love it, and find that it works for them, it just didn't work for me.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-02-2012 at 11:15 AM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Wenalyn: when is your birthday? I'll be 45 on March 3, so we must be very close.

Berry: I'm always shocked at how quickly I can gain and how slowly I lose. I was up over 2 pounds today from yesterday and I did 90 minutes of bikram yoga yesterday! I'm praying some of it is water weight and I can flush it out in the next few days.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #21  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Berry. I too am having scale woes. It is upper than I want to admit too. Hoping some of it is water weight since I have been off work I have not been getting my water in. Went to the store today and stocked up on healthy food so I have a supply at work and home. My new goal is 150 and I am hoping to reach it by my 42nd bIrthday in April. Did get up and exercise today. I really don't want to go back to work but I need the routine it provides.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #22  

NE, when is your birthday? Mine is April 22! How did I miss that you were an April baby too? Good job on the exercise!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #23  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
NE, when is your birthday? Mine is April 22! How did I miss that you were an April baby too? Good job on the exercise!
My sons birthday is April 22nd - earth day.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:30 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
My sons birthday is April 22nd - earth day.
Ha! I'm older than dirt! When I was a kid is was just my Bday, then they made it Earth day! Sorry I love that joke
Old 01-02-2012, 10:37 PM   #25  

Jan 2, Mon 1-2-12
B- 2 c milk, vits
L= leftover potato + soup from Jason's
S= grapes
D=1/2 can Veggie/beef soup, 1 slice cheese bread
S= 1.5 choc croissant
E= 61min cardio/weights + 10min yoga

We bought a package of 3 frozen 'bake and serve' choc croissant however we didn't read the package very well. They had to rise overnight, so we put them in the fridge to start to bake Sun morning, then forgot about them. So I baked them tonight with the bread. Yummy! We each ate 1 then split the 3rd because we knew it would never be as good reheated as straight out of the oven. We need to stay away from those!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #26  
Melissa

Quote:
Ha! I'm older than dirt! When I was a kid is was just my Bday, then they made it Earth day! Sorry I love that joke
I didn't know it was the same day every year (thought it might be a roaming day) until my son was born on that day and the next year it stayed April 22nd... Hmmm... So, he always have t-shirts and stuff that say , "every day is Earth Day" and the like.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:34 AM   #27  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

PP and Berry - My birthday is April 22 too! How weird is that. It is called Arbor Day here - same as earth day. Really is a small world.
Back on track today. Got up and exercised, packed my healthy snacks and lunch and hope to have a good food day. Of course one of my biggest hurdles is night time eating so I know I will have to continue to work on controlling that. My sale is still up 5lbs this morning but that is better than the 9lbs it was up over the weekend. Stupid water weight.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:04 AM   #28  
Melissa

Good day all. Scale I sthe same today which is good as I was not good yeterday. I have been so consistently good for a year and then bam.... These holidays through me for a loop. Doing a spinning class tonight and a step class tomorrow. That should help me get back on track.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Quote:
Did you see a preview for the movie coming out on Earth Day? It is called Orangutauns and it looks amazing! I can't wait for it to come out.

I posted about my daughter on the maintenance thread since that is where I'm better "known", but I'll post here so you all can learn a bit about me. My daughter will be 21 tomorrow and she suffers greatly from Tourette's Syndrome. She is an amazing young women who perseveres through her adversities, anxiety, and pain daily. She is a senior at Gonzaga University, majoring in Special Education, and will be an incredible teacher. She is on a quest to get a service dog who will help her in so many ways, but the service dog will be frightfully expensive. We are trying to spread the word, so that she might get some donations to offset the costs and the loan that she (we) have already taken. If you are interested in reading about her journey, her website is adogforkatherine.vpweb.com
Please feel free to share her story as we are trying to get the word out.
Thanks in advance!
Michele
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:21 PM   #30  

I woke up with a headache/migraine so I took some meds hoping it will go away soon. The good new is I lost a lbs so I'm back to what my ticker says! I gave April <--- her Spa Day {brush, baby wipe down, claws clipped, and brushed her teeth}. I'm supposed to clean house today, finish some laundry, along with boxing for exercise. Hmmm, we'll see what gets done, LOL. Since we had to cancel Christmas because we were sick we've decided to have my parents over this Sat for dinner and presents, and just go visit Hubby's parents so they don't have to go to a lot of trouble just for us.

Michele, your daughter sounds amazing!

NE, I think I"m a year older than you, I'll be 43 in April.

Berry, don't forget Secretary's day or Administrative Assistant Day of whatever they call it now. I think that's the 23?