S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Sun Jan 15
B= 1 c cereal, 1/2 c milk,
L= 2 slices homemade pizza, grapes, apple juice
D= Cracker Barrel ~ 2 eggs, 2 turkey sausage, 1 1/2 pancake with peach topping
S=apple juice
E= 25min stretch fusion workout

Hubby wanted pancakes, but I brought half my pancakes home for breakfast tomorrow. I"m so happy that I felt well enough to be able to do a workout! We did end up going a few places. Hubby was delighted that he bought a belt in a smaller size because of the weight he had lost!

Berry, Hope you are feeling and walking better now.

Shining, I have one of Jackie's, its a good workout. Great job on your running!

Kandy, great quote!

Mom2, welcome, glad to have you join us! When I first started to lose weight Hubby and I bought a bunch of Healthy Choice frozen dinners, and ate them for about a month, prehaps not the greatest method but it did teach us portion control! I enjoy cooking, and I'm trying to make better, healthier meals for us, but in smaller portions.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-16-2012 at 12:46 AM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:08 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Had a good weekend at the beach hanging out with the family. Didn't do as well on the plan as I would have liked. My favorite place was closed for the season so that put me a bit off on the plan and I ended up eating a little looser than I planned. Not terrible, but not as clean as I would have liked. I didn't keep track of my calories, and I have little hope of being able to recreate them, and that may be a good thing.

Anyway, back on the plan today. Lost 1.8 pounds last week, so still progressing. Almost 9 pounds down from start.

Nat Hang in there. Hope things get better for you.

Last edited by andrew80k; 01-16-2012 at 08:09 AM.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:59 AM   #168  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

I got my elliptical and I started using it on Saturday. I only did 30 minutes but I felt good. I will try to exercise at least 5 times a week. I ended my 30 day juice cleanse on yesterday and I had a total weigh loss of 20 lbs. Now, I'm back to eating food. I will document to make sure that I am not getting too many calories. I'm going with the 1500 calorie plan.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:36 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 223/220/153

Height: 5'10"

Hi! I'd like to join in and make myself more accountable.
I'm ready to make a big effort to lose weight this year. I'd like to lose 63 pounds but will be happy with 40.
After years of infertility, then a surprising 2 pregnancies 19 months apart, becoming a stay at home mom, and dealing with health issues then the unexpected death of my dad, I just got overwhelmed with life and let myself go. It's still hard to see myself as overweight until I see photos - UGH!
I want to get healthier for myself, my husband, and my kids! I'll probably go back to work teaching in the fall, and I need to be healthier for that, too.
I'm working on staying within a 1400-1600 calories/day goal and drinking at least 64 oz. of water each day. I need to add exercise into my daily routine and not offer up excuses why I didn't do it that day.
I want to get back to feeling healthy and attractive.
So far, I've lost 3 lbs. since Dec. 28, and I'm determined to keep going down!
cinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #170  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

I feel almost normal today, but still have a lingering cough but I think its mostly sinus related. Cinnamon bread and laundry today and hopefully a workout or two!

Andrew, it sounds like you had a great time in spite of the challenges.

Cinlo, welcome, glad to have you join us. Sounds like you have a great plan in place.

Greeneyes, great job on the 20lb loss. 30min is a good place to start to get yourself going. I like to split my workouts up during the day, so there's less dread factor for 1 long workout.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #171  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post

Greeneyes, great job on the 20lb loss. 30min is a good place to start to get yourself going. I like to split my workouts up during the day, so there's less dread factor for 1 long workout.
Thank you and thank you for the tip about splitting up the workouts. Great idea!!! I will do that as well.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #172  

Height: 5'1

Smile

thanks, Patch.

im doing pretty good sticking to my goals even without a scale, though i need to pick up my exercise some more. i think cutting out (mostly) white flour was such a good decision for me as i feel so much better. i still give myself that one day a week where i can have a few things i like, otherwise i feel too deprived. i've noticed though that even when i 'splurge' i dont go too far overboard. maybe i really am making it work this time.
chicklett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:35 PM   #173  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Quick check-in. My eating hasn't been great this week because of some out of the ordinary company/activities/dinners. It's nice to see family and friends, but not so nice in the "staying on plan" department. I always tell myself that I will resist temptations or ordering badly at restaurants, but usually fail. I did some things right, like bringing along my own salads, but still....I am not looking forward to weighing in at the end of the week. I have a sore throat and runny nose, so, I hope I don't get a full blown cold in addition to eating badly. The good news is that I did get some exercise in.

Hope everyone is doing well.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #174  
YESiCAN

S/C/G: 293/285/150

Height: 5'2

Got some exercise in and eating is getting better everyday....this is a lifetime change so GOD is still working on me... I am feeling good and up on my game.
CANi2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #175  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Doing OK the last few days calorie-wise, too many bad carbs though. Today was a good exercise day - went ice skating with my son for 90 minutes or so(took some breaks in there) and then did an hour body sculpting class. Yesterday I ran less than 2 miles before the cold was hurting me so badly I went home.

I've made a salad, vegetable soup, and oatmeal to get me through the workweek. I have flatout bread, turkey, and hummus for sandwiches too, and plain Chobani and trail mix for snacks. Just need to stop the eating early and keep the calories down and I should be OK.

Time for bedtime stories, will catch up on everyone's notes later.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #176  

Jan 16, Mon
B= 2 c milk, vits
Brunch= 1.5 pancakes, syrup, whipped cream
Lunch =1 c chili, 1/2 sweet potato, 6 chips
S= more chips and salsa
D= Italian chicken pasta w veggies {experimental cooking}
S= 3 small slices Banana bread
S= 2 slices cinnamon bread
E= 2 25min stretch fusion workouts

Hubby doesn't like to leave things to the last minute, so he comes home today with 12 roses, a Valentines day card {with penguins on it}, and two small loaves of banana bread. He doesn't want to forget to get me something, so he's very early. I seem to remember him doing this last year too.

I felt my eating was okay until I opened the banana bread, then it was downhill. The cinnamon bread was fresh from the oven so I might be given some slack there, lol.

Chicklett, my secret is out. I pay more attention to avatars than I do names! The pictures are so big and pretty!

Natamars, that was a lot of exercise!

CanI, glad you are feeling so positive!

Guacamole, I hope you are feeling better soon and don't get sick! My eating wasn't very good today either!
Old 01-16-2012, 11:44 PM   #177  

double post

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-16-2012 at 11:46 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:59 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Back on plan yesterday. About 2100 calories in, and 3200 out. I ran just over 2.75 miles. 10 minutes at 5.0, 10 minutes at 5.5, 5 minutes at 6.0 and 5 minutes at 5.5. Still trying to go harder. I didn't eat anything that's not in my plan and I'm feeling pretty good. The trip to the beach was great, but I have to figure out how to stay on plan when I'm down there. DW and DDs not helping with that.

Welcome to the newcomers, you've come to the right place.

Patch You know you can have SOME banana bread, you just can't have ALL the banana bread.

Nat Make sure you are getting plenty of rest.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:36 AM   #179  

My abs and back are sore from yesterdays workout! I'm supposed to clean house but I think I'll just vacuum and put the rest off until I have more energy. Its warmed up to 68* outside but raining on and off.
Old 01-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #180  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Read through all the posts and it sounds like you all are doing a great job!

I am feeling really frustrated today. Last week the scale was down to where it was before my holiday free for all and now it is back up a pound when I have been trying really hard to eat well and exercise. Ugh. Just really tired of it today. Usually, I can get my focus but its just not working today. To top that off, I must have pinched a muscle in when I was lifting weights this morning and it really hurts.
Enough of my whining. Wishing you all the best!

Last edited by NEMom; 01-17-2012 at 06:10 PM.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote