Old 01-04-2012, 05:12 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Yep, BodyStep is from The Les Mills studios and the same line. It's a step routine, but it incorporates strength training into it too. I also do BodyPump. My gyms also have BodyVive, but not BodyCombat. I like these classes as they aren't dance, but are athletic moves.

And congrats on your loss too! Have fun with your daughter's birthday.
What is BodyVive like? We don't have that either. I know we also have BodyFlow but I haven't tried that one yet. Do you not like the dance classes? I like most of the classes, even the dance ones-- as I like variety and I feel like my body is constantly guessing then!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #47  

yay! thx for the feedback already

PatchworkPenguin, thx good to have the feedback about not weighing yet and the small steps. I think patience and support is the answer to staying in it for the long term. Ive been thinking about getting a workout video. Today my 25 min included walking and a little jogging on the treadmill.

TravelingMichelle, Im in Phoenix, but I went to school at UOFA in Tucson. Its a great school hope ur dd likes it. And AZ is beautiful esp in November. Also thx so much about the WW questions. My mom did WW when I was growing up and Ive always known that it is a good plan. And then for some crazy reason I did a fad diet about 6 months ago (i cant believe I got suckered into it.) It was recommended to me and I really didnt know what i was getting into. Unfortunately it messed me up more than helping me, so Im really looking for something trustworthy and positive.

Still doing pretty good today with the food.
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #48  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Wed, Jan 4
B=2 c milk, vits, 1 slice cinn bread
L=1/2 turkey sandwich, grapes
D= sweet potato, 1 c mac and cheese
S= 2 cuties, 2 c choc milk {not together!}
E= 30min cardio/LB + 45min barre/pilates/yoga

I developed a cough today, I've been cold most of the day and I just plain don't feel good. I took some Nyquil and am drinking the choc milk to kill the taste. Note to self to see if Nyquil comes in pills. I've also been sucking on cough drops all day. I just got over being sick I don't want to be sick again!

Does anyone use Firefox??? Hubby downloaded it for me since I've been having such touble getting 3FC to load quickly or correctly. BUT I'm vision impaired and I can't read 'normal' print. We can't figure a way to enlarge the print like we have done on IE. Any Ideas?

Shining thru, I like your avatar. I use workout dvds. What kind are you looking for, I might have a suggestion.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 199.5/198/150

Height: 5'9"

So this week has been okay so far. Not great. Ugg, it's hard to get back in the swing of it when you ate so much crap over the holidays. Excuses, I know. What progress have I made? I worked out Monday night. Did P90X Core Synergistics and I got my husband to do it with me. Food hasn't been great but I did have some luck, had smoothies a couple of times: skim milk, greek yogurt, frozen berries, orange slices, flaxseed, spinach and collard greens. Way healthy and I couldn't taste the veggies (good thing!). I'll check everyone's posts more later. Just wanted to check in so I don't abandon my plans. Tomorrow I'll be working out with a friends so that is already scheduled, yay!
girljam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Does anyone use Firefox??? Hubby downloaded it for me since I've been having such touble getting 3FC to load quickly or correctly. BUT I'm vision impaired and I can't read 'normal' print. We can't figure a way to enlarge the print like we have done on IE. Any Ideas?
I use Firefox. Use "ctrl+" (= key) to zoom the screen. That'll increase your text size. Firefox isn't as good as it used to be, but is still MUCH better than IE. The fewer add-ons you have the faster and more stable it will be too.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/183.5

Height: 6' 2"

Did good yesterday, 2000 Calories. All stuff that's good for me. No sugar, except for what is 2 of my snacks, both have a few grams. My wife made the Fish Taco's out of Bill Phillips' Eating for Life book for dinner last night. Used Swordfish and they were excellent. Had the Breakfast casserole out of the same book this morning. I wish he would put the calories in the book, because figuring it out is a pain. Ran a little over 2.5 miles on the treadmill @ 5.0 miles per hour. Not burning it up yet, but I have to start somewhere.
andrew80k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #52  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Weight is still slowly creeping down. Losing the same pounds always sucks! Set up alarms on my iPhone last night so I can get signed up for all the classes at the gym I want - I hope! I'm going to try my hand at yoga. This will probably be every comical!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #53  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

PP- I hope you are not getting sick again. Sending healthy vibes your way.

Andrew - Fish tacos with swordfish, sounds icky to me but I am not a fish person and I am glad you and your wife are finding creative healthy dishes. Good job on the treadmill, your right, we all have to start somewhere.

Berry - I hope you enjoy your yoga class. I have signed up for a bootcamp class but this one does not start until the end of Feb. Hope it does not kill me.

My weight is slowly going down. I hate relosing pounds I already lost. Blah.
Yesterday I went to the doc with my daughter (she is 20 yet mommy has to go sitll). She is so beuatiful, feels very confident in how she looks but when they weighed her, I about had a heart attack. She is only 5-6lbs less than I weigh now. I tried very sensitively to tell her she does not want to get bigger and talked with her about exercises she can do in her dorm room, I do not want to make her feel fat when she loves how she looks but I do not want her weight to go out of control and her to end up where I started. I have a 15 year old son who is also overweight and I try to encourage him to eat healthier and exercise. He plays FB and does weight training at school and I can really start to see his muscels build up. It is such a touchy thing to talk with my kids about their weight, I do not want to make them feel bad but I do not want them to end up like I was, overweight my whole life, and they are. Makes me feel like a bad mom and I love my kids more than anything.
My hubby is overweight too. He carries it all in his stomach, the worst place for a man. He has a high rate of heart disease. I have tried encouraging him to be healthier because I fear for his health but again, I do not want to push.
Love my family to pieces just feel I have failed when it comes to their health.
Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:38 PM   #54  
Bring It!

S/C/G: 138/125/120

Height: 5'3"

Red face Great New Year!!!!

Hi Everyone! I turn 46 tomorrow. I quit smoking August 17, 2010, and just tried to get through that for a year or so. (Still smoke-free!!!) I was walking on the treadmill for about 14 months then decided to start running - ran 353 miles from 10/1/11-12/31/11. Then decided I needed to get some muscle so I'm on Day 5 of JM Ripped in 30 (and I think I already ripped something - I was always an over achiever1 LOL!!!)

I have 4 kids ranging from 11 to 22. I'm looking forward to a great healthy year and looking for support, ideas and to be a blessing to someone if I can!
Audie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 PM   #55  

Hi all
Im feeling good today. Glad to have that first day down! Yesterday I ate well, exercised and drank a good amt of water! yay! Still hard to deal with the image in the mirror and see what Ive been doing to myself but Im not going to let it discourage me. Getting ready to do a little exercise at lunch time here.

Happy Birthday Audie!

PatchworkPenguin, thx i like her too, she makes me feel beautiful. I hope you are starting to feel better and dont get sick again. Good job on ur food and exercise ystrdy!!! Im open to dvd recommendations. Do you use one for the bar/pilates? Have you ever tried Tracy Anderson's dvds or is there a yoga one that you like. thx

Will read and catch up more later, gna go get my workout going.
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Hooray! So glad this board is active again. I haven't checked in for awhile because it was so quiet. Glad to see all the new faces.

Me? 46, married, 2 DD's, 18 and almost 15. Highest weight: 205. Got serious about losing (again) at 200. Holiday's were a bit rough, but I feel like I'm getting back on track (though the cravings are still hanging around).

Have a great, OP day!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:38 PM   #57  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I've spent most of the day either in bed or on the couch. I already feel much better than I did last night, so hopefully I can get over this quickly. I think my immune system was just weak front the stomach bug over Christmas so I was open to getting this cold {or whatever}.

I'm trying FireFox so that 3FC will load better. I know I'm a bad speller and I make a lot of typos, LOL, but Firefox is letting me know everytime I make a mistake by running a zigzag red line under each mistake {like in Word}, Kinda making me nuts.

Moondance, you do realize the thread will only stay active if we all keep posting!

Shining, I've never tried TA but I've heard both good and bad about her, she does systems which are something I try to avoid. I'm not a big fan of yoga but I like Rodney Yee''s style of power yoga with short holds. My favorite of his is AM Yoga for Your Week . It has 5 short 20min practices each with its own focus. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...your-week-5567 'Element Ballet Conditioning', although its more of beginner ballet http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...ditioning-7905 is my favorite for barre workouts. Ellen Barrett has some good ballet/yoga/pilates fusion workouts. Power Fusion is a favorite. http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-...er-fusion-6032

Audie, welcome, good to have you join us. Congrats on quitting smoking! I like your 'ripped' joke!

NE, I think its wonderful that you care enough for your kids to want the best for them and I'm sure they understand that! Hopefully, your daughter will see the positive changes in you and want those too.

Andrew, thanks for the help with Firefox. 2 more ???. How do I make the blinky cursor larger so I can see it? and how do I make a favorites list, is that the bookmark list??

Berry, I have terrible vision related balance but even I can do yoga. Its not my favorite exercise but afterwards I always feel great.

Girljam Core Syn is soooo hard! Its one of those workouts that grows with you so it never seems to get easier. Great job getting you Hubby invovled.

Last edited by patchworkpenguin; 01-05-2012 at 10:59 PM.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #58  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Got another workout in and this time I feel tired. Could be my interrupted sleep last night. That couldn't have anything to do with it, right?

Can't wait for this weekend to be over. It's orthodox Christmas and my husband's birthday, and then that is IT of all these high calorie days. Even now I am going to try to keep it low key for me. I am satiated with goodies and hate what they do to the scale!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 209/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi Ladies,

Mind if I join you on this quest?

I am starting again new. Fell off the wagon for awhile and decided to start getting serious about my goal. I turn 43 on the 29th....I am now in the worst shape of my life.

I also just bought a bunch of junk at the grocery store because i went there hungry. I am thinking of throwing it out or giving it away before i eat it.

My goal is to get in the best shape of my life by the time 12/12/12 rolls around. Yeah- 11/11/11 would have been cooler but that ship has sailed.

I want to buy a treadmill and am curious about the bodybug thingy- anyone have any recommendations?

Best to you all!

Cheekie
cheekiemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 198/198/168

Height: 5'9"

Happy New Year. I'm 43, trying to lose the same 25 pounds for the billionth time but somehow they keep creeping back. I try to eat healthy, cook mostly from scratch, excercise and still find it is much harder to lose weight now than it was even 2 or 3 years ago. It just sticks to me and won't let go.
Good luck to all of us.
Bilbi is offline   Reply With Quote