Old 01-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #151  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

It is Friday. Yippee!

PP - I am getting in better shape in my 40's than I ever have been in my life too. Have to admit that the back of my legs hurt today still. I have been continuing my regular exercises but not pushing too hard. Ouchie, sitting all day is tough.

My NSV today is that my body must be changing some because my jeans are getting baggy in the front, even though the scale is not wooshing down.

Food this week has been okay. Hoping I do not blow it totally this weekend. I tend to let loose too much on the weekends. Going to work on staying on track this weekend.

Hope you all have a good on plan one.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:19 PM   #152  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

I will be getting my elliptical tomorrow and I am so excited to begin my journey to a healthy lifestyle.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #153  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Greeneyes, welcome, glad to have you join us.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMom View Post
It is Friday. Yippee!

PP - I am getting in better shape in my 40's than I ever have been in my life too.
Me too! I started my journey shortly after my 40th birthday. I decided I'd rather be fit and forty, then fat and forty. Now I get amazing comments occasionally, like "you are an athlete"-- it blows my mind still. The other week the instructor in a class I was taking asked if she could embarrass me. I didn't know what she talking about, but she then showed the whole class my inner thigh muscles!

Happy Friday!
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:56 PM   #155  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
Greeneyes, welcome, glad to have you join us.
Thank you very much. I am so happy to be here.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #156  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Gals and fellas, I am so flipping sore from strength training two days ago and yoga last night, so much so that I didn't go to step class today, I was hobbling when I walked. Egad.... Why can't we tell we are overdoing it while we arer doing it?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #157  

Howdy folks
Welcome Greeneyes and congrats on gettin ur elyptical. I have a treadmill at home and it is so convenient!

Ok... TravelingMichelle Right on! That is so great, good for you. So... I am about the same height and close to the same goal weight and Im wondering how you did it? What worked best, helped the most etc. if you care to post about it.

Doing ok today. I ate out today for the first time since I started. It was a little challenging, but I did great! Today is day 10. Also took today off of exercise to rest my body. I think this coming week Im going to try to keep increasing my performance with running. Ive was able to do 2 miles a couple times last week and the first mile was without stopping then walked a min and ran 1/2 and then the other half etc, so may try to increase something in there in time or performance.

PP I tried a new exercise tape, jackie warner, I think. It was on sale at target so I thought I would give it a try. Im pretty new to exercise videos (other than the Jane Fonda Workout I did as a kid, lol) but it was cool bc you can choose 15 min or 45 min, total body or abs etc. Anyway... we shall see.

Great job NEmom and BBB on ur workouts!

And thx Andrew I will figure out what I need to do, i think with one of the online calculators. I think Im pretty close.

Last edited by shiningthru; 01-13-2012 at 08:41 PM.
shiningthru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #158  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

I did pretty well yesterday until about 1 this morning, when I couldn't sleep and ate my leftover gnocchi from lunch, and then some cold sesame noodles from my family's Chinese dinner, which I otherwise did not partake in. I had a planned rest day(other than doing the stairs for 20 minutes at work)and a planned off meal(my boss was in town and took me to lunch). Too many carbs yesterday so I'm avoiding the scale for a few days. I was down .4 lbs. last week , but my week was really only 5 days. Going forward my official weigh-ins will be Fridays.

shining, great job with the running. I have 2 goals this year - to increase my speed on my 5K and to complete a half-marathon. So I try to do one short run where I work on speed, a long one where I increase distance, and the third is either hills or interval.

berry, I hear you! My abs are still sore this morning from Wednesday night's strength training. Hope you're feeling better today.

greeneyes, welcome! I really like the elliptical - hope you enjoy yours! Keep us posted on your workouts.

NEMom, hope your weekend goes well. I think you're heading for a whoosh soon!

andrew, I hate when that happens! At least now you know and can decide if it's worth the calories.

pp, hope you're feeling better!!
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 12:02 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 191/185/145

Height: 5'5"

I like this saying by Sharecare on Facebook... "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going." ~ Jim Ryan. Strive for progress, not perfection with your health goals.
kandyrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:16 AM   #160  

We slept really late this morning, then took the dog to the park for a bit, went to the grocery store, then I came home and napped on the couch; I guess I overestimated my energy. After feeling pretty bad for the past few days I'm back to feeling better again but no where near 100%
Old 01-15-2012, 06:43 AM   #161  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Yetserday was really, really tough. I'm been having problems at home and it all kind of came to a head yesterday. I was unable to eat for most of the day, but finally got shaky and had to have something. I ended up at about 1350 calories for the day, and am proud that they were mostly healthy. I did not feel up to my run, though.

I know I'm in for rough times ahead - my diet and exercise may be the only things I can control, so I am going to do my best.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:20 PM   #162  

Well, I woke up feeling much better! Hubby is still asleep but he mumbled that he didn't feel very well. I hope this isn't like last year when we kept passing 'the cold' back and forth. Its still in the 30's outside but the sun is shining!

I joined April outside and we played a gentle game of fetch for a few minutes. One of the reasons she hurt her leg in the first place is she has two speeds; asleep and dead run, she tries to grab the toy as she's racing past, but if she misses she tries to stop on a dime before someone else gets her toy. Silly dog!

Natamars, I hope today is better for you!
Old 01-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #163  

Height: 5'1

Patch: im kind of new here, i joined in November as a first timer.
chicklett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #164  

Chicklett, I thought I recognized your avatar. I see a ballerina dancing in the truck and branches. Glad to have you back.

I did a 25min stretch fusion workout that wore me out! Hubby's up but not feeling great either. We are having a cuddling on the couch watching tv day.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 289/277/170

Height: 5'9

Hi- I'd like to join the 40's group. I'm new here and have hit rock bottom. I haven't weighed in yet so I don't have my stats on my profile but I'd like to loose 100 lbs. My husband and I just became first time parents to a beautiful 7 yr old girl (at the age of 46!). It's been quite a transition and I am finding I have no energy to keep up with her!
So now it's time to bite the bullet and get things right before I hit 50. I want to be around for my family and I've got diabetes staring me down on both sides of the family. Would love to get rid of the pain in my feet and knees, do away with the BP meds and just get healthy once and for all.
I will be starting Medifast as soon as my food comes in and plan on being on it just to get a boost on the weight loss. I'm a former chef and love to cook and use high quality food so eating all the packaged food does not sit well with me. I figure I'll use it to get my portion control going and to boot the metabolism into gear, then I'll probably go into whole foods/calorie counting for life.
I'm so glad I found this site b/c it sounds like it can be supportive and there's lots of good info from people who are and have succeeded with the beast of weight loss.
mom2sweetT is offline   Reply With Quote