Old 12-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Patchwork: not sure about the body for life program except that it involves weight lifting exercises and a diet that seems to be on the low carb side. Will let you know more after I read the book. I have free membership at one of the gyms that I work at so I have access to equipment..i have no excuses!!
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #197  
Hopeful Member

S/C/G: 154/ticker/123

Height: 5'3"

Pretty good eating day - about 1100 calories, mostly healthy. I'm trying intermittent fasting, so I'm working on limiting my calories to 9am-3pm or so. Only did minimal stair clmibing at work - may still do some abs, light weights, and leg lifts while I watch Biggest Loser. Planning on an early-morning jog.

zumba, sounds like today's going better..I was also on chocolate overload yesterday and felt like crap afterward...let's try to remember that feeling. I'm starting my holiday baking tomorrow, so this will be tough. I know there's no way I'll abstain 100%, but I need to keep it under control and increase my exercise to counteract.

NEMom, what a great attitude you and your DH both have. Mine has made some positive changes and I am trying to encourage without nagging..I need to follow your example.

pp, that's a lot of exercise!!

guac, hope you are feeling better today - sorry you had such a rough time! I can't wait to be done with my period once and for all, but based on family history I have a while to go!

ash, hope your granddaughter is doing OK.
natamars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:25 PM   #198  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

Pigged out at a dinner reception last night. Felt sick afterwards. Today I ate well and got in 30 minutes of moderate walking on my elliptical machine. All in all, not a bad day. TOM still around...my face is all broken out. I feel like a teenager, but not in a good way! Took some ibuprofen tonight to help with cramps and back ache, and am ready for bed. I am getting frustrated at the scale not moving, but I know that I can't keep going off plan on the weekends like I have been.

Good luck to everyone tonight and tomorrow - cheers to an on-plan day!
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:45 PM   #199  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Dec 13, Tues
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= 3 c leftover roasted veggies
S= 2 clementines
D= Baked Stew {from Taste of Home Diet Comfort Food cookbook}, 1 bread
S= ice cream
E=36m UB

Right= I lost a lb! I'm sure I'll find it tomorrow but for today its gone! did an extra good job on cleaning house. Did my UB workout even though I was tired and I didn't want to

Regret= The ice cream; it was okay but nothing great, I could have spent those calories on something better

Cleaning house took me a lot longer than I thought it would because I kept taking breaks because of my back, but I'm happy to say that I got everything done! I did squeeze in KCM's 30MTF Split Sessions UB today. In the middle of the workout we were to lay on our backs for flies/bench press, so I rolled down and each vertebra cracked on the way down. Ekkk! Felt much better afterwards but yuck, although I do tend to pop and crack whenever I move. There were a few exercises at the end, mostly ab related, that I couldn't do because of the sore back.

My parents are taking me out to lunch tomorrow.

Guac, glad to hear you feel better today than yesterday, hope tomorrow is better with TOM

Natamars, I didn't intend to do that much LB, I had what I call a Goldilocks workou;. I didn't like the first DVD i tried so stuck in another, that one was 'just right'

Chica, thanks for the insight.

NE, good job on meeting your goal! No baking is probably wise.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:54 AM   #200  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

I met my goal again, kept my dinner reasonable, no seconds and had on 100 calorie fudge bar for my evening snack. Two whole nights in a row, making a goal this morning to make it three days.

Natamars-Congrats on having a good calorie day. I have considered trying IF but just do not think I can go long periods without eating. Let me know if you think it has helped with your weight loss.

guacamole - Good job getting your exercise in. Sorry your face has broken out, I am so ready to be over this whole TOM thing, they can take my woman parts anytime they want, I am done!

pp- Can you come clean my house? lol. Good job getting everything accomplished and getting your exercise in. I have not tried exercising to DVD's, I am way too uncoordinated and afraid I will hurt myself.

We have had rain here for 4 days, I so need some sun. Happy humb day all!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #201  

NE, I find DVD's to be easier to follow than any of the classes I've attended. First, there's rewind! I started with dvds in '06 when I began to exercise regularly. I checked the same beginner Denise Austin VHS out of the library several months in a row before I felt comfortable moving onto something else. Its hard to guage the 'level' of a dvd from the cover blurb but some online sources will have reviews or some online stores will give them a level so you don't end up trying to do a advanced dvd when you are just starting out. I like dvds because I can workout on my schedule.

Our high today is supposed to be 70* but its overcast and we are expecting rain for the next 4 days.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #202  

S/C/G: 160/see signature/140

Height: 5 foot 5

Well here I am still trying to get on the low carb bandwagon..so NOT easy this time..not sure why. So far so good today.....had a hard boiled egg, an atkins shake and cheese for lunch..looking forward to some grilled chicken fajita tonight without the tortilla.......
Zumbachica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 05:20 PM   #203  

NEMom - "I am so ready to be over this whole TOM thing, they can take my woman parts anytime they want, I am done!"

I can relate! Feeling much better today, cramp wise. Thank goodness. My face is slowly clearing up.

Was out and about today, and didn't get any exercise in except some dancing around the house with my headphones for about 20 minutes!

Had a strawberry greek yogurt and Kashi cereal for breakfast. Went out to lunch with my husband. Had water, and we split two different sandwiches on whole wheat. However, I try not to eat bread or cheese during the week, so it was definitely off plan! Tasty, though. Afterwards, my husband ordered a large chocolate pastry for us to split, which I am proud to say I resisted! Boy did I want it, though.

Been good so far - no snacking, and no real appetite to speak of either. Only water so far. We shall see how the evening goes....
Old 12-14-2011, 08:34 PM   #204  
Hopeful Member

About 1400 calories today - need to start writing it down instead of estimating. Stoppped eating at 4. Jogged 4 miles this morning - very happy with myself! Decided I'm doing a half-marathon in May so I'm adding one length of my road to my long run every week..by late March I hope to be able to run 13 miles.

Went with my mom, sister, and son to see the holiday train show at the NY Botanical Garden. It was absolutely beautiful - the buildings they craft out of all plant materals are amazing.

guac, resisting the chocolate pastry is impressive. And dancing counts as exercise!!

zumba, I find low-carb really hard. I give you a lo of credit for going that route. I think it takes a lot of planning. Sounds like your day is going well.

NE, I do think IF helps, but I haven't been doing it long enough or consistently enough to be sure. I'm up early, usually 5 or so, and I try to be in bed by 10. I find when I eat at night I don't make great choices - I just keep picking at different things. So it's easier to tell myself I'm just not going to eat anything. I drink a lot of herbal tea to keep my mouth busy!

pp, yay on the lb! How was your lunch?

See you all tomorrow!
Old 12-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #205  

Dec 14, Wed
B= 2 c milk, vits
L= 'Acre" 1/2 Sweet Pea Risotto, 1/2 chicken breast
S= slice Chocolate Pumpkin Pie http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/the-che...te-Pumpkin-Pie
D= baked potato topped with leftover Baked Stew, butter
S=slice pie, whipped cream
E=60min cardio + 30min treadmill later in day

Right=exercised, resisted more pie!

Regret= baking that pie!!!

Lunch: Acre is one of those expensive organic 'foodie' places. I'm not sure why we keep going back; we aren't the most adventurous eaters, my Mom complains because they change the menu a lot, and my parents keep asking me what the ingredients are because I watch Food Network a lot, its one of those places where you need a food dictionary to choose a meal. The food is usually good but I have a hard time finding something to eat.

The pie! I started recording The Chew around Thanksgiving and really enjoy the mix of hosts. Michael Symon made this pie. I followed the recipe and ended up with more filling than would fit in my deep-dish pan so I poured the rest 'crustless' into another pan but its only 1/2 inch thick so I felt pretty good about the three pieces I ate but wait til I get to the real pie. I haven't worked out the cals yet...not sure I want to!

Natamars, good job on the 4 miles.

Guac, good job on resisting the pastry!
Old 12-15-2011, 09:27 AM   #206  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Well, I did not stick to my goal of limiting my night time eating. Did well with my dinner portions but I had one snack and then right before bed I had another. Two snacks, especially peanut butter on low cal bread was not in the original plan. Ugh, really need to get the night eating under control or I will never lose the final 10lbs I want or maintain my loss. I am promising myself to control the night eating tonight and hope I have more success than last night.

natmars-Congrats on the 4 miles. I am so in awe of you for running that far.

Guac - Good job on resisting the dessert. I bet you felt so good about yourself for passing on it even though it was hard at the time.

PP - I am not a cook or a bakery so I envy your skills in the kitchen.

Zumba - I do not know much about low carb plans, I explored them some before I started this journey but giving up some fruit that I eat on a regular basis was too hard for me.

Happy Thursday all! Hope you have a successful food day.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:21 PM   #207  
Hopeful Member

Ate about 1400-1500 mostly healthy calories today - oatmeal with fruit, rice, lentils and chicken, salad, yogurt. Oh, and 2 pieces of Godiva. Whoops. Stopped eating at about 4PM.

No exercise - went straight to the hairdresser from work(no more roots - yay!) and just got back - just want to sit and relax. Early day tomorrow.

NEMom, I go through the same picking at night. Sometime I just head upstairs, away from the kitchen. I pack my son's lunch for the next day at the same time I'm getting his dinner together(DH does all the cooking in advance on weekends so we just have to re-heat during the week) and then I'm done with even looking at food. You've been doing great, I'm sure today went much better again.

pp, nice exercise again!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:34 AM   #208  

Thurs, Dec 15
B=2 c milk, vits
S= Breakfast muffin {homemade with whole grain, bran cereal, apples carrots...you get the idea}
L=1 cup chili with extra cheese
S= 1/2 c applesauce w added cinn
D= marinated broiled Pork chop, lemon/garlic broccoli, bread w butter
S= choc pumpkin pie w whipped cream
E= 20min cardio + 50min pilates, 45min cardio

Right= exercised twice {splitting workouts out makes it easier}
Regret=nap after dinner, didn't finish to do list

Hubby and I watched the movie Fat Sick and Nearly Dead, which dispite the name is very entertaining and informative. I don't think we'll embrace juicing or fasting, but watching it has insprired both of us to make healthy changes in our lives.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:28 AM   #209  

I must be doing something right...I lost another lb. I even got to change my stats. I think its all the extra cardio.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:38 PM   #210  

patch - congratulations! I am down 1lb this week too!

Did my weekly baking and such for dinner guests. Had some bites and tastes....hope I can keep it together this weekend with my eating! Why are pounds so hard to lose and so easy to gain?