3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

Old 10-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #121

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Okay, now I feel really bad....some more homemade goodies have shown up in the break room.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:16 PM   #122

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Kathi...I guess that is good news,still a bit wierd that they don't know what it is

Ange-Happy B-day to your Hubby! Mine is 42...how about yours? lol

Annie- I think people bring things to potlucks that are cheap rather than time consuming. It's way cheaper to bring $5 worth of store-bought cookies than spend $15-20 making your fav entree dish. Me...I'd much rather spend the money to make the dish, that way I look really good! lol
Old 10-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #123
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Howdy - We ended up going to a movie (Red) instead of the corn maze...i was having dizzy spells - sugars/bp were wonky...meds seem to be evening out and i feel like myself again, but my sugars seem to be super sensitive with the new medications

Annie, good luck wiht the PB cookies, they are my favorite! Fun pictures! yikes on the tooth - and on teh cooking, i'm not a good baker...ask my son, haaaa, but i cook good entrees

Dancer, ick, sorry you're having car issues, that's never any fun - and what a nice way to celebrate with your family hope to be walking soon, have had to wait with dizzy spells, etc. i've been sitting WAY too much..booo!

Maddie, congrats on doing so well with fund raising - wow, so sad about your neighbor

Kitteh, glad you had a good vacation

Barb, great job on the hike, and don't beat yourself up too bad, just pick yourself up and keep going

Agne, great to hear you're getting a lot of exercise in, probably is great for energy

Kathi- happy birthday hon, glad to hear the ultrasound didn't find anything, but that's frustrating not knowing the cause
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #124

Hey gang! Well, I did have to have my tooth pulled yesterday afternoon. It has been worked on several times over the years and it was iffy if trying to save it again would work (and would cost at least a couple thousand dollars that I do not have), so it is gone. It feels better to have it out. I am on antibiotics (hello yeast infection) and pain meds that I really don't need, at least not today. I treated myself to a pint of chocolate ice cream (only ate about a cupful) and some tomato soup last night. I had wanted just some plain old Campbell's but they were out. So I tried the Progresso Tomato Basil and it was so delicious. Just a step above the Campbells in flavor. It was 150 cal./1 cup but it is very high in sodium. It tasted good to me. I did get up and exercise this morning, even though I did not sleep well. That pain medicine makes me drowsy, but I just kind of laid there in a half awake/half sleep state for way too long. I thought I kept hearing things in my house, too.

Here is one more pic of a decoration in my home. I took it last night.

And look what I found this morning when I came out of the bathroom from getting ready for work...

I have six pillows on my bed and she likes to get right on top of them. This morning it was chilly, so she tucked down inside of them. I couldn't scold her, she just looked too cute.

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 10-28-2010 at 11:08 AM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:16 PM   #125

Annie...sorry about your ordeal at the dentist but like you said....too much money to save the tooth. Try taking some probiotics (acidolphollus)...eating 2 or 3 servings of yogurt DAILY...and drinking cinnamon tea. It'll kill some extra yeast and help prevent a yeast infection. OH...and eats lots of garlic too!

I'm the yeast-killer queen! lol
Old 10-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #126

Thanks for the tips, Maddie! I'm tripling the dose of my daily acidophillus that I already take. I'm not a big yogurt eater, but I may get some just for now. I eat cinnamon in my oatmeal daily....does that count?
Old 10-28-2010, 01:20 PM   #127

as long as it is about 1/2 a teaspoon or more...just a sprinkle isn't enough

also...if you like oregano use that liberally when you cook. Not on oatmeal...eeewww...LOL
Old 10-28-2010, 01:25 PM   #128

Thanks again, Maddie!
Old 10-28-2010, 07:03 PM   #129

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

ooh - that's good to know about cinnamon - I've just started putting tons of it in my oatmeal as I remember hearing that it was anti-inflammatory but didn't know that it helped with yeast too.

Annie - good luck with your tooth recovery - glad you got that dealt with, toothaches are no fun. I cracked a tooth years ago from nightime grinding - is that something you do too or was it something else that cracked the tooth? love the pix of your doggie - how cute!

lambchop - best of luck getting your meds sorted out - that must be tough. Sounds like movie was a good alternative.

boring day here reviewing budgets - planning on heading out for a run in a bit. Hope you all are doing well...
Old 10-28-2010, 08:18 PM   #130

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Starting with Maddie-so sorry about your neighbor, I can't even imagine...

Kitteh-welcome back from vaca. Hope it was a great time! I like the WATP dvd to exercise when I don't have a lot of time, and riding the mtn. bike when the wind isn't blowing and walking anytime as long as it isn't actively raining or snowing, and even maybe if it's snowing just a little, which could happen anytime now here. I would never be able to make myself get up and go to the gym, so I had to look for other ways to exercise.

Annie-thanks for the encouragement. I am back on track. Thanks for posting the Halloween pics...I love looking at everyone else's decorations, LOL! I do have a warty pumpkin on the table and that's it. I still cook! I do I do! I ground up 2 pork loins today and kept some as ground pork, 2 lbs I made into italian sausage and 2 lbs I made into regular sausage. We'll be having italian sausage patties for dinner tonight. Hope your tooth is doing better.

Kathi- a day late.

Deb-I hope you get over the dizzies. How was the movie?

Dancer-where in Denver are you? Our kids live in Louisville & Lafayette and we are headed that direction for Christmas.

So, I got over the ice cream thingy...good grief, that is the first ice cream I've had since sometime before Feb. 20 except for skinny cow sammiches. It was good, but def. not worth it right now. Oh well, I had that long hike on Sunday, then I did a mile each Mon. & Tues. with the WATP video, and this afternoon it was a balmy 48 degrees outside and sunny and smelling of fall, so I did an hour and 1/2 walk from my house down the hill to the river and along the trail. No porcupines today, just some silly ducks with their rump in the air and their fasces underwater trying to catch fishies or somethin'. And UP the hills on the way back home. I didn't even have to stop on either hill. And my jeans are getting looser. Not clown loose yet, but no mo' muffin top when I first get 'em out of the wash neither. Maybe when I weigh in on Sunday I will be down a pound or two...I hope!

Time to get back to work. Lots of fabric birdies and santa faces to sew shut and do hand work on.

Barb

GOTTA GET OUTTA THE 180'S THIS TIME!

Last edited by angelskeep; 10-28-2010 at 08:28 PM.
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:59 PM   #131

Barb, you said, " Not clown loose yet,..." Sister I want to see a pic of that if it happens! LOL
Old 10-28-2010, 11:09 PM   #132

I had seen v-neck, long sleeved t-shirts at the dollar store the other day and went back to get a couple today. I held up what I thought was a medium (size 10ish) and it looked like it might work. When I got home I tried them on and I had accidentally picked up the black one in small (6)!! It actually fit (keep in mind it was a cotton, stretchy shirt) and was a bit form fitting but not hideous looking. I was stunned. I tried on the white one I DID get in medium and it was a little bigger. We'll see if I can still wear them after I wash them...

I've spent so many years getting things that are purposely baggy to be comfortable and to hide my fat. It is seriously difficult to get things that are form fitting. I feel like they are too tight because I have worn the loose, plus sized ones for so long. Weird.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #133

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

If that happens, I promise EVERYONE will get to see! My pants that I wore before I started got huge. So I safety pinned them for what seemed like forever. And I had a pair of jeans that were pretty big to start with, that I think I wore for 2 weeks on my way up after I quit smoking. No clue what size, but one day we were out geocaching and I couldn't keep 'em up. I'm now in the UGH size 18 jeans that I purchased the beginning of the summer. Ihave a closet full of smaller jeans, some that I've never even worn. I am prolly the only fat chick on the planet who already has her "after" clothes.

Crossing my fingers for clown pants!

B

GOTTA GET OUTTA THE 180'S THIS TIME!
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #134
Deb

S/C/G: 257/240/150

Height: 5'5"

Annie, she is adorable!! My Jack likes to snuggle under the covers by my feet in the morning - sorry to hear about your tooth, but hopefully it brings relief - nice score on the shirts

Cinnamon - my internist has me taking it for my diabetes...has helped bring my numbers down some..neat, huh?

Dancer- hope you got your run in, and were able to stay awake through the budgets

Barb, the movie was good - I love Bruce Willis too, so that was an added bonus - funny about the ducks and yeah that you're getting tons of movement in!

---
Had an entire day yesterday with no dizzies, no weird BP reactions, no bloodsugar reactions...YEAH! Going to try and do some walking today - nothing crazy, just a 10-20 min stroll and see if i'm good to go....what's hard for me is knowing the more i sit, the more i'm losing my running endurance. I'm okay with having to rebuild it back up, it's just sad to realize how quickly it will fall off (endurance)

Last edited by lambchop; 10-29-2010 at 10:55 AM. Reason: .
lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #135

Barb...clown loose! LOL I know that I have gotten to that point with the really loose clothes and then sabotage myself and voila...back to fitting or being snug.

Dancer...do you guys have snow yet? And do you still run when it is cold?

Deb...glad to hear that you are feeling better! My blood pressure was up yesterday and while I know I have "whitecoat hypertension" my doctor wants me to prove it to him. And you know that I am always up for a "challenge"...lol

Annie...I so agree with you about intentionally buying looser clothes to hide in. Last week I finally told myself to get some things that actually fit. Just wearing clothes that fit make me look like I've lost weight.