3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

Old 10-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #106

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi everyone! I didn't get on here over the weekend so will catch up now. Not really much to tell....spent the weekend at fiance's, our team lost (BOO!), but we had a great time together. I got the day off from cooking Saturday. Our neighbor wanted to make his chili for us. I politely ate it but was not fond of it at all...nor was my stomach. Not much bothers my stomach, but it may have been the beer I had that caused it to bother me. My honey asked me to make him some chicken enchiladas and I did that yesterday. They turned out okay, they are so rich. I only ate one myself. Came home last night and made a batch of peanut butter cookies for my sons to have when they get home today. (Posted this on my Facebook status and my older son instantly hit "Like".) I will have to be careful not to eat too many of them, if any at all.....I did have to taste test them last night.

Did no formal exercise this weekend, but was back in the swing this morning with my 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk. It is one I just got a couple of weeks ago and I am really enjoying it.

JSWife-Hope you got a new computer and are surfing in style!

Ange-I do not envy the work you are doing at your home, but I do envy the results. Sounds like you are getting things done though. How long do you think it will be? Congrats on the new number on the scale.

Deb-How was the pumpkin patch? Sounds great.

YOO HOOOOOOO???? How are the rest of ya'll doing??? Please check in!!
Old 10-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #107

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

morning, ladies!

Yesterday I was dealing with unfun car issues - dead battery, jumping the car, replacing the battery, etc but Saturday was fun. In the morning my parents and my sister came over for a 3 mile walk in the park and hot drinks at the neighborhood place after. That was my belated b-day celebration with the family this year and I think it may become a tradition - much better than a dinner that involves cake. I thought you girls would appreciate it - funny how this healthy lifestyle stuff affects all kinds of things, even how you celebrate. I had a bunch of girlfriends over for cocktails on Saturday to celebrate one of our buddies returning from a yearlong stint in London and I overindulged on cheese a bit but otherwise not bad.

annie - you are a braver woman than I to have pb cookies around calling your name

lambchop - it took me a few days to recover from that one interval run - wowza! You continue to be my exercise hero, even if you're on a walking break right now. How are things going with rebalancing your system? Any changes so far?

ange - congrats on 124 - that sounds super skinny! Good for you.

Planning on a run in the rain today - anyone want to be my virtual running buddy and join me for a few miles wherever you happen to be?
Old 10-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #108

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Happy Monday All!

Finally over the fundraising hump and have time to post again. We managed to outdo last year's PTAG executive and raise an additional $6 000 for a total of $17 000 and some change. Next one is in December but on a much smaller scale.

On a sad note, a neighbour of ours was killed last week. They have 2 girls who go to our school and one is the same age as my oldest. The thing I just can't shake is...the husband was working on their new well and had his accident JUST as she was dropping her daughters off at Brownies/guides. Could you imagine saying "bye" to your husband and then after dropping your kids off a 5 minute drive away...come home to find out your husband is dead? My heart breaks for them.

Anyway...diet took a couple of hard hits but I am back on track yet again. I managed to keep up with the exercise but eating...not so much.

I'll be back later tonight.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #109

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Hi, all. I hope you are all doing well--I haven't read back to see what was going on while I was on vacation.

Ate too much, not enough exercise, weight is up Fortunately, I had a good time.

First thing to rectify is the lack of exercise. How, oh, how do you find enough time and energy each day to exercise regularly?

I hope to catch up with where people are. Until then, good thoughts to those who needs them and congratulations to those who earned them.

KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 04:21 PM   #110

Hey Kitteh! Even if you didn't eat well, I hope you got the rest you most certainly deserved. You'll get back in the swing.

I can only speak for myself on exercising daily (at least during the week): I had never exercised on a regular basis in my entire life. Once I decided to do it I worked on finding something that I liked and was do-able for me. I knew I wouldn't stick with it if I didn't enjoy it or even if I had to leave my house. I tried an elliptical and hated it. Just couldn't get the hang of it or get used to it. I physically could not do it any longer than about 8 minutes at best. I tried a belly dancing class. It was okay, but I had to leave my house and I could only find a class convenient for me once a week. I never considered joining a gym because I knew I wouldn't go. So I finally found the DVDs I am using now and have been doing them at least 5 times a week since some time in February.

So my advice is....find something you enjoy, that you can physically do and that will be convenient for you to do. Then just bite the bullet and get up early (or work out when you get home....whenever is best for you....I find it easiest to get it done first thing in the morning) and do it. Before too long it will become and habit and you will find yourself actually (gulp ) looking forward to it and enjoying how it makes you feel.

Good luck!
Old 10-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #111

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Checking in. Only just. Having a heck of a battle with myself over off plan foods. UGH! No excuses. Did really well most of the time, but it doesn't take a lot for me to stay the same weight.

We went for a 4 mile hike yesterday, 800 foot elevation gain over the two miles UP.

Eating properly again and making my menu for the week. Discouraged, but not surprised. Next week, I will do better. It's supposed to be cold and rainy this week, so I will bundle up and walk, or do the WATP in the house.

Barb

GOTTA GET OUTTA THE 180'S THIS TIME!
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:41 PM   #112

Hey Barb!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 10-25-2010 at 06:42 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #113
lets get started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieDrews View Post
Ange-I do not envy the work you are doing at your home, but I do envy the results. Sounds like you are getting things done though. How long do you think it will be? Congrats on the new number on the scale.
Erm, supposedly we're starting to rip the place to pieces in a couple of weeks, however we're now in slow negotiations as to final pricing with builder!!

We still need all the stuff we've bought even if we don't end up going with him, but hope it works out because it's too much like hard work finding another!

I second dancerindenver with the question - how can you possibly bear to have all those cookies smelling of cookies around and not eat them?!?

Well, my lost lb from last week seems to have reappeared the last two days

I've been really good too, and i'm sure that i haven't put on any size, therefore i really do believe that its muscle as i'm getting heaps of good exercise sessions in and really enjoying it.

Shame it doesn't show up on the scale though. I know it's not important etc but it's still kind of annoying

stay on plan : go for a run : rediscover wardrobe!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #114

Hi Ange! I'm just interested in your remodeling because we will be building out at fiance's place probably starting in spring. We were trying to lay out where we wanted the house and barn to go this weekend, and even those decisions are tough! Hope you can work things out with the current builder.

Yep, the cookies are a temptation but the boys are enjoying them. I may have them cart them over to their Dad's when they go back tomorrow. I did have one of them and they are so delicious, but I was pretty full from supper and wasn't tempted to eat anymore.

Tomorrow is our annual chili cook-off at work and I do plan to indulge in that. I will make up for it in the evening by eating something very light and on-plan.

Here are some pics I took of my Halloween decorations. I can't remember who (sorry), but we had talked about posting pics of our decor. The second pic has the neighbors kitten in it....Halloween black cat.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:27 PM   #115

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Annie...LOVE the pic of the kitten and pumpkin! I have a black cat and life imitates art this time of year...for whatever reason my guy loves sitting behind our huge pumpkin...so from away it looks like he is in the pumpkin. Always makes the passersby stop and stare. lol

Today is hubby's birthday and I had a crazy errand day so eating was on the run and of course there was birthday cake. I did make an angelfood cake so at least it was a better choice...but frosting is frosting...no way to make that healthy and still taste delicious!

I have a medical appointment tomorrow so should be interesting to see where I am regarding my numbers.

Hope everyone is having a good evening!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:30 PM   #116
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Just a quick drive-by post. Ultrasound showed nothing to be concerned about so nobody knows why my rib hurts like I got hit with a baseball bat when it's poked and prodded. It doesn't hurt if it's not touched so I'm done worrying about it. Now I need to get back on the diet and exercise.

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -- Martin Luther King Jr
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:52 PM   #117

Kathi-Did they do a bone scan to be sure nothing is going on with the bone itself?? You might want to ask about it to be sure everything is covered.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:03 AM   #118
lets get started...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddieD View Post
Today is hubby's birthday
Today is my hubby's birthday today too!

This morning the doctor told me that my cholesterol is a bit on the high side, but tonight hubby and i are off to a french restauraunt for a bit of birthday celebration!!

Cholesterol reduction starts tomorrow.....

stay on plan : go for a run : rediscover wardrobe!
ange82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:37 AM   #119
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Annie: that would be the oncologist's department and I go for a followup in a couple of weeks. love the halloween decorations!

Ange: my cholesterol came back high again, mainly because I stopped taking the meds over 6 months ago. my mom is having a fit because I'm trying to reduce it with diet and exercise instead of medication. just got tired of popping a dozen pills a day and stopped taking most of it. will see what it looks like in 6 months : )

Barb: sounds like quite the walk!

Maddie: so sorry to hear about your neighbor, that's awful : (

Today's my 46th birthday, and I'm going to work. Not enough vacation time available for a day off. Happy hump day everyone!

"Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." -- Martin Luther King Jr
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #120

Happy Birthday, Kathi!! I hope the remainder of your day is excellent!!

Doesn't anybody freakin' cook anymore?? I'm so weird and I know this is petty. We are having our annual chili cook-off at work today. The notice states that if you want to eat, you need to bring something to contribute to the meal...be it a side or a pot of chili, whatever. I made my famous Pumpkin Dip (homemade) to be served w/ ginger snaps and Nilla wafers and some Garlic Cheese Biscuits (from a mix, but I added more cheese and baked them fresh last night). You would not believe how many boxes of store bought cookies, 2-liter bottles of pop and bags of chips are up there. Used to be when people had potlucks, they kind of prided themselves in making their best recipes. I know alot of people with young children don't have much time to make homemade things, but some things aren't too much trouble to make. I've just noticed this in the past few years and it bothers me.

Okay, rant over. I think I have a tooth with a cracked root or something bad going on. I made an appt. for Friday after work but I don't think I can wait that long. I am going in after my last patient today and hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Keep your fingers crossed for me, friends.

Did get up and exercise this morning and wow! I was really winded. Not sure if I just haven't been getting enough sleep this week or if the tooth thing is slowing me down....I've also had cramps as if I am trying to get TOM so I'm not sure.

I do plan on eating chili for lunch today. I will have something healthy and light for dinner to make up for that.

Have a great day everyone!!