Old 06-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #31  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Hi, everyone!

to the new folks!

Sorry I've been AWOL lately - the days have been incredibly full. We've had a cat "dumped" on us, and I'm trying to do the right thing and find her a home. She seems to be a very nice cat, but does not realize that we aren't "cat people" and 2 of the 3 people in the house are allergic to her already! Shelters are just stuffed to the gills - they're absolutely zero help. She'd be very adoptable, I think - she's young, cute, friendly, but oh wow, she's going to need someone who can brush her regularly (LONG fur). Sigh. Getting her into "the system" is incredibly difficult - I've even offered large donations, and nobody will even call me back.

On my end - just maintaining. I've returned to counting calories again, just to see if I have "creeped" - but in general, a typical day is ending between 1500 and 1700. I guess I've reached that threshold where I'll have to actually work the rest of it off. Dang!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:22 AM   #32  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Good morning, everybody...

I have a milestone to report... this morning the scale said 129. What???!!! I was 131.5 yesterday. Weighed myself multiple times because I was stunned. So, I have seen the 120s for the 1st time. Won't change the ticker until I see it 3 times. Looks like I have lost the weight I gained on vacation and am creeping downward again. To be honest, I never believe a number on the scale until I can feel it in my body. I don't believe that number at all.

Petra - Thanks for the online dating tips, haha, about the shirt thing. I agree. I'm currently chatting with 3 guys and dates may be coming. A couple of them are professors, which intimidates me because I'm intelligent, but not very well read. But they look like cuties so I'm going to give it a shot. Haha, Ange, that's a good point about shirtless women.

Annie - It's totally ok to buy summer clothes that fit and flatter. I go to thrift stores a lot & usually can find something cute.

Dee - Welcome and ask any questions you'd like. Wow, you have such a busy life. And it's great that you love being active and water ski, run, and hit the gym. Hopefully, as your health issues resolve, the weight will come off.

Hi Becky - Good to see you back. Hopefully, word of mouth can help you with getting the cat adopted. Perhaps friends of friends would like a cat.

Last edited by motivated chickie; 06-09-2010 at 11:24 AM.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:25 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

Just quick drive by howdy from me. We've been guest busy and life busy the last couple of weeks, so I seem to have gone missing. Still mostly on plan though it is difficult to count every morsel and get in enough exercise when we are juggling guests. And one of our neiughbors has been just doing yard work here for the heck of it...very nice man who is here only for the summer as a missionary for the Mormon church...they have a famous painted dome ceiling here that the tourists come see and every summer the apts. next door hosr some retired couples who volunteer there. Anyhow, we came home the other day and the lawn was being watered and the tree was treimmed and more. So I made h9m s9m,e cookies as a thank you. Pumkin with oatmeal and choc chips and nut. UGH! I cannot resist those cookies and ate 3 of them last night and then one of our guests had a b-day and saved us some ice cream cake which I also felt the need to eat. I think I am over THAT for a while. The scale said I was back up to 204 this morning, because I was just curious and got on it, but weigh in is not until Sunday, so whatever it says then is what the ticker will say. So stinkin' close to Onderland, I don't want to slip too far now.

We had to euthaniuze our older dog last Thursday, and I am still missing her a lot. Buster is confused, but seems to like the extra attentiuon of being an only dog.

Went to the mtns on Saturday and the brakes started making noise, so we got work done on those yesterday. I walked the 6 blocks to go pick it up this morning which is all the exercise I've had since Saturday...UGH! Haveall 3 rooms checking out tomorrow, so maybe tomorrow evening I can go for a long walk on the dam road. I think I don't do so well when I can't get out and walk.

Hope everyone is doing well and I sure miss hanging out here all the time, but summer will be over soon enough and I'll be able to spend more time typing.

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #34  
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Angelskeep, Sounds like your life has gotten very busy! Sorry to hear you had to put your dog to sleep. Several years ago we had to do that for our dog, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but such a great gift we can give to a beloved pet. Sending Onederland thoughts your way!

Motivated Chickie, Hope the 120’s stick! I had to chuckle when you mentioned having to feel it in your body. It’s amazing how aware we have all become and how we can feel even the slightest difference!

ICU, Being a non cat person, I admire your diligence in trying to find a place for the stray. Hope someone helps you out soon!

Annie, You are doing so well! Might be time to treat yourself to a new thing or two. Kohls has some great prices and good clearance. I also like Target clearance. Especially for what I would call “just passing through” clothes! Kind of funny about the neighbor sleeping in the truck. Doormat and shoes by the door and everything! I’d let it go unless he starts showering under the garden hose, then he’s crossed the line!

Kitteh, Sorry you weren’t able to exercise today. Hope you can get back to your regular routine tomorrow! Who knows, maybe the scale won’t notice that you missed a day!

Petra, Your dating advice made me laugh! Sounds like things are going well with the new guy so far!

Dee, There is no such thing as a stupid question around here! Ask away, so much about losing weight is a learning process.

Moondance, Welcome to the 40 somethings! Saw your other post about calories and hope today was a better day for you!

Newleaf, Beet greens? Are they from your food coop? How did you fix them?

Another wonderful summer day here. DS turned 21 so we will be going out tonight to celebrate. I can't believe how quickly he has grown up.

Last edited by Onmyway; 06-09-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Onmyway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Kittehmomma said: "Dee--sorry to hear about your lover problems" I nearly died laughing. Must be too much talking about dating on this thread!
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #36  
Philly Dancing Queen

S/C/G: 265/245/170

Height: 5 ft3

So this morning I was working out and I noticed... calf cellulite. Seriously. It's so bad. It just jiggles when I work out. Now I'm all self conscious about wearing skirts and anything knee-length.

On the plus side, I spent an extra 15 minutes on the ellipitcal, working out so hard that sweat was pouring off me.

Sigh. I really hate being fat. And I hate that it takes so frigging long to get off.
toomuchmoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:30 PM   #37  
Heidi

S/C/G: 204.5/149/153

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomuchmoxie View Post
I really hate being fat. And I hate that it takes so frigging long to get off.
But the great thing is that it is under your control and you are doing something about it... congratulations on your 20 pounds lost!
newleaf123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #38  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everybody!!!

moxie - The best thing for leg cellulite especially on the calves is simple jumping jacks according to my friend that is a personal trainer. She said you can do all these complicated things & they won't work as well as jumping jacks. She was telling me that if you did 3 sets of 10 jumping jacks everyday you will soon notice a difference. Sounds to easy to me!

petra - I saw that too!

Okay got a couple questions for those calorie counting.
1) Do you pick a set number of calories everyday? If so, are they different on the days you have a serious workout? What I have been doing is I looked on line at several sites & the lowest I should go on calories is 1400 (figured this by reading everything & making an average). Well I decided that my target number would be anywhere from 1300 calories to no more than 1500 calories, and not change or add more calories on days I have a really hard workout.

2) Do you count calories for absolutely everything? I have been counting everything except I don't count anything for lettuce, tomatoes, celery or bell peppers in my salad or if I use them on a sandwich. I eat a good size salad almost every evening.

Dee

Last edited by Im On A Boat; 06-09-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #39  
kathi

S/C/G: 172/172/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow, I have really fallen behind! Been really feeling under the weather all week Afraid to take any OTC meds because what I took monday morning caused both my blood sugar and my blood pressure to take quite a dip while I was on the way to work. Realized this morning that the way I've been feeling the past few days I would be afraid to take a chance on driving if I had a car. DS turned 19 yesterday, and he's my baby! Maintaining my weight so far, kind of aggravated because I left the house monday fully intending to go to the gym to workout and have yet to manage it. Last week/weekend was so awesome and this week has been a total bummer so far!

I will try to catch up with personals in the next few days, especially the dating discussion : ) Everyone seems to be doing awesome! Welcome to all the newbies, this is a great group.

Kathi
weightlosswanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:40 AM   #40  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

morning all its 3:30 a.m and i ran across your thread, hope you don't mind me joining in.
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 178/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning and welcome to Thursday.

No exercise yesterday--what with going in to work early, and having to get ready for guests in the evening, I just didn't fit it in (although I did get in a couple games of Wii bowling with a guest who came early for that very reason). So this morning, the scale was up a pound. Sigh. I should look on the bright side--I lost two and only gained one, so I'm still down a pound this week. At least I ate well (well=according to plan)--and didn't eat any of the banana bread I baked even though it smelled wonderful. The rest of the b-bread is going to work today--and it's not coming back!

Annie--yay on the healthy cooking. I think a lot of people mistakenly think healthy cooking is hard or time consuming. There's so much preprocessed stuff out there that's supposed to save us time in the kitchen--but the end result is a less healthy diet.

Becky--sorry to hear about the kitty dumped on you. Have you tried a no-kill shelter? They usually don't turn cats in need away. I'd think the offer of a donation would sway them--they're always hurting for funds. What about Petco or one of the other chains that do pet adoptions? My mother found a home for a friend's cat that way (the friend passed away). (She sweetened the pot by saying she'd take the cat back if it didn't get adopted within some time frame, but the kitty found a home.)

Chickie--I'll bet the 120's feel great. I'd like to get back there myself.

Barb--so sorry about your old dog. I've had to put pets down and it's always hard, but it can also be the kindest and most loving thing we can do for them when they are old and sick.

Petra--LOL about my typo! I hadn't noticed it.

Moxie--cellulite is a bummer.

Dee--I think jumping jacks are great exercise--you work you legs and your shoulders and you get aerobic exercise, too.

Kathi--sorry to hear you're under the weather.

me4life--welcome. You're up even earlier than me. Or have you not gone to bed yet?

Time to head out for exercise. I really need it today since I missed yesterday. I'm going to try to get another exercise session in at home this evening. First, I have to survive the mamm this afternoon. Ouch!
KittehMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:02 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 257/250/150

Height: 5' 3"

Date #3 went well. This one might be a keeper.

I'm still maintaining my weight in the 219-220 range but vacation is coming up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. When I get back from vacation I have to get back to a little more discipline with this.
petra65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Happy Thursday everyone!

Looks like everyone is truckin' along. I managed another 3 miles (interval training) on the treadmill yesterday. Totally psyched!!! Today will be a test...I'm leaving work early to have my nails done and I won't be coming back by the gym for my workout. I'm cat-sitting for my best friend. She has a treadmill...so I'm going to use hers instead...as long as I don't get side-tracked or "too tired". I REALLY want to do this, so I think I'll be ok.

Motivated Chickie--Hope those 120's stick! Congrats!!

AngelsKeep--Cookies are a real trigger food for me too. And my DD LOVES to bake cookies of all kinds. I'm constantly making her take them to school.

OnMyWay--I can't believe how fast the kids grow up. It's cliche, but true!

Petra--Keep us informed on the new guy!!

Moxie--Calf celluite? I'd never thought of it. But NewLeaf is right...at least you're doing something about it!!

ImOnABoat--I just picked a target number (1600) and shoot for that each day, regardless of my exercise intensity. Not sure where 1600 came from, but based on the number of calories I was eating before, I think anything less will leave me feeling too hungry which in turn will head me in the binge direction.

Kathi--Isn't that how life goes...one week great, the next not so great. Sorry to hear you're having a rough one this week. Keep making the best choices you can and feel better soon!!

Me4Life--Welcome!

Kitteh--Good for your for not eating the banana bread!! That must have taken some serious will-power!
Moondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #44  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome me4life! Glad to have you on board.

Was on plan yesterday and the 120s stuck. Actually, I dropped down to 128.5, but I drank some beer last night & I was dehydrated. If I'm 129 tomorrow, I'll change my ticker. I met up with a guy yesterday and he was shocked by my weight loss. He got serious and asked me if I had an illness. I hate the guy (long story) and think he's an idiot so I didn't care about the comment.

I appreciate moxie bringing up cellulite. It seems like I have more cellulite now that I'm thinner. I have new cellulite on my belly now. I hope that's not a bummer for people to hear.

Petra - Third date, wow. Can't wait to hear your stories. I have two dates next week with people I don't think are love matches, but are interesting. I'm going to give it a shot.

Kitteh - I'm impressed that you love to bake and can resist eating the banana bread. Sounds like you cook/bake it as a creative outlet.

Last edited by motivated chickie; 06-10-2010 at 11:21 AM.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Good day to all! Well, the 162 stuck so I am now at 29 pounds lost! So excited to be more than halfway to my goal. It's taking longer than I thought it would, but still happy with my progress.

I got a new hair style yesterday. Not sure how I like it. As per usual, it looked cute when my stylist fixed it, but I can't get it to look the same. I have never been much of a hair fixer, so I don't like to spend much time on it. I suppose I will get used to it. Maybe I'll even buy a flat iron. We'll see. I DO like the length of it, but not sure about the style. Maybe I'll try to get a pic.

I've got many things I would like to do today. Only a few need to be done. I hope I can work it all in. Need to get to bed early, haven't been getting enough sleep lately. Big weekend at fiance's coming up. I will be helping with the neighbor's garden and cooking.

ICU-I do hope you are able to find a home for the kitty. Are there any rescue places near you?

Chickie-Congrats on the 120's!! Sorry about the dumb comment from your friend. Some people...

Angelskeep-So sorry to hear about your dog. That's tough to do.

OMW-LOL, I'll definitely freak out if the guy starts showering under the hose!

Moxie-Calf cellulite?! I never knew there was such a thing. I'm almost afraid to see what I will find once I get all of my weight off. Good for you for continuing exercise.

I'm On A Boat-I started out counting calories and I loosely keep track of them now. I know in my head about how much are in the things I eat and I look up things that I don't know about. I didn't take into account my exercise when calculating. I think at The Daily Plate-Livestrong that you can enter all of your food and exercise and it calculates it all together. I don't count anything for raw or steamed vegetables either. Of course I add on dressings, butter, etc. if I add it. Good luck!

WLW-I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Me4life-Hi and welcome!

Kitteh-I had a loaf of banana bread in my fridge that the boys didn't eat. So I brought it into work today for others. I didn't have any of it. Bite the bullet on the mammogram sistah! Good for you.....I need to have one done myself.

Petra-So glad the new man is turning out to be a good one! Apparently he wore his shirt on the dates...

Moondance-Good luck tonight on the exercise. For me, I have to do it first thing in the morning. I never feel like doing it in the evenings.

Hugs and a great day to all!!

Last edited by AnnieDrews; 06-10-2010 at 12:25 PM.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote